IC The Waiting Game

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
He raised his eyebrows. "Oh? I believe you underestimate me – and my partners, actually. And as for it being loaded..." Blake spinned the barrel so that the bullets can easily be seen before quickly loading it back up. "As you can see, it is. By the way, your three reasons are up." Thinking over Kaes's answer, Blake reluctantly gived in. "Ignorance is bliss," he muttered under his breath. "For now, you pass. You seem to not fully understand the situation we're in, giving you a bit of... innocence. Child-like innocence." He stopped, biting his lip to halt the flow of words. I went way too far, he thought. I can't let my emotions overtake me. It's not him. It's not him. "S-sorry." The word felt alien on his tongue and he spit it out with disgust. "I'll believe you, but you better learn the truth about the world we're all living in pretty soon, or you're going to kill us all."

Blake turned to the girl. "Ash, I presume? Your turn. Why can I – why can we trust you?" Breathing in and out slowly, he calmed down, pushing his memories away – an all-too-familiar feeling.

(( Ash
I'm thinking of switching to present-tense because i keep accidentally switching to it anyway :I
ahhhh sorry about all the background foreshadowing its probably obnoxious

also, side note: when we get to the White Thorns vs. Group arc, I'll be controlling a White Thorns member at some point in the battle. I have a little thingy planned c: ))

Reactions: Naoh
Reaction score
Ash looked at Chris questioningly, then to Blake and said, "Reason 1: I have known Chris since we were kids, he knows I am a trustworthy person. Reason 2: I am hungry, therefore incapable of doing anything untrustworthy. Reason 3: Even if you don't trust me, there isn't much I can do to overthrow you all. Plus, I have outsmarted the un-outsmart-able Chris, and I am great in combatic, as well as strategic situations, so I could be of use to you all. And one reason not to shoot the three of us is you will need those bullets for taking over the Walmart." She paused, and continued saying, "Furthermore, how do I know I can trust you?" She looked coldly at Blake waiting for his response.

(( Naoh ))

Last edited:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
"Reason 1: I have nothing to gain by killing you after I know you wouldn't kill me. Reason 2: Building onto the first reason, I am a strong believer in 'safety in numbers.' Reason 3: Just like you, I need the supplies." That had enough truth to hide his lie.

"I suppose you all have your reasons. I still feel uneasy, but I can try to trust you for the time being." Blake took note of the man named Frederick, the one he skipped over. He decided to not interrogate him further so as to not even further increase the distrust towards himself, but he made sure to remember to keep an eye on him. "I hope I won't regret this," he muttered to himself, although some probably heard it. He let his hand drop to his side, not once loosening his grip on the gun. "Sorry for the delay. That's all the qualms I had on the matter. Now, do we simply wait, charge forth into the fire, or create a plan?"

(( Snarky_Wondermuffin Naoh Timdood3 Enderfive Toiletprincess agh so many names ))

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
She snarled as the man, Kaes seemed to suggest none of them could make it on their own, she wasn't sure about the others but she sure as hell could. "I've made it on my own fucking fine for this two fucking years thank you very much," she muttered in annoyance under her breath, wrinkling her nose up in distaste. She shot a cold look towards Blake, her distrust and attitude towards him obvious. "Alright, sharpshooter. Now that you're done with your petty qualms I suggest you use that brain of yours to make a plan. Or one of you make a plan,"she called, gesturing at all of the people in the room, "We have one gun, as moron here has openly displayed to all of you, do any of you hold ammunition, or a gun of your own? We need to know what weapons we have on our side. I, personally, wield a machete." She pulled the large blade from her belt and twirled it with a smirk, obviously proud of the grand weapon.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fredrik took note of the gun. An uneasy look slid over his face, but he said nothing. The situation seemed to diffuse before he was able to read into it.

"I have a sword, as you can surely see. It has served me well so far, so I have no need for anything else." Just in case, he left unmentioned a kitchen knife he'd grabbed from the last house he was in. Fredrik certainly approved the machete, but the gun... guns were noisy, and when you got hordes of parasites with increased hearing after you, noise might not be the best idea.

Reaction score
Ash watched Blake warily, she wasn't sure how to read him but something about him made her uneasy.
Then, she turned to Miss Riley and thought, "Even if they trust her, I don't. She seems to be very capable of holding her own, so she could be helpful. However, note to self: keep a careful eye on her." Next, said in a firm and direct voice, " I have three throwing knives, and a Bowie knife. Both of which I am extremely skilled with. As for a plan, I suggest we stay here and take on whatever guys they send us. If we manage to take them out, we will then have more weapons. If they use guns, it will most definitely attract the parasites, so we will want someone taking care of them."
She looked at Blake, "It seems to me that I am the only one here with a long distance weapon that is silent. It'd be smart to position me in a higher area with good visibility. Chris could accompany me and help snipe, while the rest of you fight on the ground below.
Then, once we have finished that we can move on to planning for how we overtake the Walmart....And I suggest we cut the chit-chat. They'll be here any moment."

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Kaes wordlessly brandished his axe and turned to the door. As he walked out he said over his shoulder, "Surely I can't be the only one hoping to get them at the door. I don't plan to go all day without splitting some skulls."

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Blake shook his head. "Not the roof. The roof is a dangerous place – you can easily be seen by survivors and Pusermites alike. Especially with how bright the moon is tonight, it's much safer to stay on the ground. They can see you even without a flashlight. It may have been safer in the past, when this first started, but don't you remember hearing about the constant string of roof attacks? People are aware now.

"First, we need to estimate how many people they'd send. If they're smart, which I assume they'd be for surviving this long, they might send around 6 or 8 men to prepare for any other competitors. That's about the same number as us, possibly more. However, the difference between them and us is that we have the element of surprise. So we should set it up as such. The Unseen work efficiently. They're going to surround us and box us in. However, they don't expect much resistance anyway, so they won't do a full sweep of the area.

"What I suggest is this: we start by giving them what they promised. Someone should wait inside the radio tower for them to come for the supplies. If they pretend to be innocent and don't put up any resistance, the White Thorns will have no reason to kill them. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be waiting inside nearby houses. We should have 2 groups of 2 and 1 lone person in different houses in a semicircle around the entrance. Once the White Thorns close in around the entrance and go inside, we will come out of the houses and press up against the walls flanking the entrance. As they come out, we will catch them by surprise and attack them. If they are still alive and the surprise has worn off, they still won't look behind them for the decoy in the tower. That's why I suggest Ash or Chris - preferably Chris, since he sent the message - should be the decoy in the tower. Since you two have throwing knives, you can keep a reasonable distance from the fight while they drop like flies.

"This may seem a bit overkill for such a small number, but it will prevent any casualties and leaves a considerable amount of leeway for last-minute alterations, such as if they have a larger number, come in by truck, or one of us is missing." Blake paused, letting them soak in the information. "Any approvals? Objections?"

(( Snarky_Wondermuffin Toiletprincess Naoh Timdood3 Enderfive long dialogue post is long ))

Reaction score
Ash thought this was a good plan. She may have under estimated his leadership skills. "But how did he know Chris had knives?" She wondered.
"I agree that Chris should be in the tower. Fredrick and Kaes seem to be a good pair so far, and Riley seems to work well on her own. I vote the pairs be Fredrik and Kaes, Blake and myself, and Riley on her own. My reasons are, Fredrik and Kaes both are very strong and have brute force as an advantage, Riley has wicked fighting skills, whereas I am more strategic, Blake seems to be the same. Correct me if I am wrong. What do you all think?"

Last edited:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
"What about having pairs of strategic plus brute force, then? Having both brains and muscle in a pair should be considerably more efficient than separating brains from muscle," Fredrik chipped in. He considered himself to be relatively clever, but he couldn't argue with him and Kaes being the brute force in the group. "I mean, if something does go wrong, the strategists can improvise a new plan on the go while Kaes and I do the fighting."

Reactions: Snarky_Wondermuffin
Reaction score
"Well for one, it's been nearly a decade since I've spoken with another human being. The only reason I'm even here is because I can't make it on my own. I can understand your feelings, but if I can't make it alone, any of the five of you sure as hell can't. Oh, and I have a question for you: is that thing even loaded?"
((Why has it been nearly a decade since you've talked to someone? The apocalypse has only been going on for six months))

Reaction score
"Ok then, good point." She was starting to trust Fredrik more. He appeared to be trustworthy and quite level headed.
"How about me and Fredrick, Kaes and Blake, Riley on her own, and Chris in the tower?"
She was starting to get anxious. "They should be here soon she thought."
"Blake, may I suggest we send someone out to check if they can see anything coming?"

(( S_swimmer , Naoh , Toiletprincess , Enderfive , Timdood3 ))

Last edited:

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((Why has it been nearly a decade since you've talked to someone? The apocalypse has only been going on for six months))
((Kaes lived in the woods alone for years. Not necessarily because of the outbreak))

"Must I really be paired with him, though? I'd much rather be with Ash." Kaes was all for this strategy... Just not so much for Blake.

Reaction score
"That's fine with me. But remember guys, we need to work as a team if we are going to get this done. Also, remember to keep an eye out for parasites."
She looked to Blake waiting for his approval of her plan to go check outside.

(( S_swimmer , Timdood3
Ah gotcha that makes sense now.))

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
"Okaayy!" Chris jumped up. "This is gunna be fun! You all better do your jobs well, so I don't have to do mine at all!" Chris smirked. "Let's get going, we don't have any time left."

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
She frowned at Blake, but found his plan reasonable, hearing Ash figure out their pairings, she nodded curtly. "I can agree with that," she grinned, pulling out her blade, "Suits me fine. I prefer to work alone." Briefly, she winced, vaguely thinking back to why she preferred that option but quickly wiped the expression from her features. "Lets get moving, they'll be here quite soon," she suggested, spinning her blade in her hand and running her finger along it's edge.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It would take Kaes some time to learn to work with people again, but he knew he couldn't afford to work alone in the situation. He simply wasn't good enough strategically. He gave a grunt of assent and made a move to follow Ash to whatever position she may find.

Reaction score
Ash caught Riley's wince. "After this is all done, I need anyone who is injured to come see me. We have a four mile walk ahead of us. We can't afford to be carrying anyone." She said, addressing the group.
"Also, anyone who is currently injured, beyond scrapes and bruises, please speak up if it would be better for you to act with a partner because of this."

(( Naoh Toiletprincess Timdood3 Enderfive S_swimmer ))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
"Sounds like nobody." Blake stepped forward. "Ok, here's the plan. See that?" Blake began pointing at houses and suggesting people where to go. He made sure to pick houses with windows on many sides; it was easy to spot someone from inside before they can spot you from outside. "Fredrick, it appears as though you're my partner. This way." Leaving no room for formalities, Blake motioned for Fredrick to follow him and slipped toward their designated house.

And then they waited.

-
Steven tapped his fingers impatiently against his crossed arms. "For the last time, you are not driving the truck into the radio tower."

Edward, once again, slurred back, "Whyy nooootttt?? It'll be fuuuuun~"

"You'll completely destroy the supplies," #53 called quietly from the corner, taking a step forward. "And you'll alarm all the survivors and parasites in the entire city. Just because you got some help from us doesn't make you invincible." Steven's eye twitched. He still found it harsh that #53 forced everyone to refer to him as such, not giving them a name. The White Thorns have felt detached and disunited ever since #53 and #72 arrived to "help" them. Their tactics weren't their own, and they carried them out in odd, blocky movements.

"You heard him. Anyway, we're not taking the truck. We'll do as '53 and '72 say and move forward in the shadows. It'll take some more time, so others might beat us to the punch. We'll just do what we've always done and just slaughter 'em. How about 6 of us go?" Heads nodded in agreement, with the exception of Edward, who already stumbled over and fell. #72 and Eric were helping the drunken man away towards somewhere he could sit down.

After bidding a carefree farewell to the volunteered group and watching them fade into the darkness, Steven walked over to a check out and fell to the floor, slumped against it. Gareth's words still reverberated through his head, even after all this time. You'll pay for your sins, Steven. He couldn't shake the feeling that his time of reckoning was soon.

He was interrupted from his thoughts by a familiar head bobbing up and down over the check-out aisles. "Daddy!!!" Ella came racing towards him, long, black hair fanning out behind her. She tackled Steven with a big hug, forcing him to the ground, smiling. "Woah there," he said, rubbing her head.

He remembered now. It didn't matter what happened to him, as long as his little Ella was safe...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kaes and Ash went to one of the houses Blake had pointed out across the street. She checked the house for persurmites but only found one. In the blink of an eye it was dead on the ground. She then move so an upper floor window where she crouched down, drew her knives, and waited.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Kaes casually followed Ash. He was reluctant to be alone with someone who had proved herself so swift and deadly. If she wanted to kill him, there wouldn't be much he could do about it. But at least she seemed friendlier (and less likely to want him dead) than a few of the others.

Reactions: Snarky_Wondermuffin