IC The Waiting Game

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
(( Timdood3 WELP WE HAD A THING PLANNED BUT THAT SORTA GOT MESSED UP SO OK I GUESS WE'RE IMPROVISING NOW

Toiletprincess Naoh Enderfive Snarky_Wondermuffin ))
((That's called rping. Planning is for suckers.))

"I'm Kaes. Fredrik and Ash, respectively. And why so hostile? I thought I was offering help, but if you don't want to double your numbers and deal with The Unseen more easily, then suit yourself." Honestly Kaes had never heard of the Unseen, but if this was going to end peacefully, he had to start bluffing his way through this.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fredrik had been uncharacteristically quiet since meeting his new companions, but now he spoke up. "Okay, let's calm down for a minute here, shall we?" He paused to give the others time to cool off, then continued: "I'm Fredrik, as Kaes already said. The plan wasn't exactly what I expected, but if you'd explain it to all of us, I'd be happy to help us get the supplies."

((@people))

NovaCat

Reaction score
Arin runs over roofs as fast as she could manage, stumbling and trying to regain her balance as she ran. I need to find those people! Her throat burns since she'd been running so long, Where are they? She trips, falling on her side. She cringes and her eyes water up, where are they? I need to find them! I need supplies and maybe a better weapon. I'm so hungery, at least I still have a little food left.

She stands up again, wiping a bit of new blood off her leg. I need to find them, she walks along the roof, gazing out over the city. Smash! Part of a building cracks attracting zombies on the ground, they don't see me, good. She walks quickly, her heart beat accelerating, the city changes between clear and swaying. What's wrong with the buildings? She starts to fall, landing on her knees. My head hurts so much.. I'm so thirsty. She looks into her bag only to find an empty water bottle, she had finished the last of it the a couple days ago. You don't need water. "Who said that?" She looks around, "do you have water?" I only have as much water as you do. The voice drips with an evil intent, Arin stops. That voice... is in... my head? Her confused face changes to a twisted smile. "I wonder... where that noise maker came from.... Over here?" Amusement clings to her voice as she turns and starts walking again.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
The girl narrows her eyes at the newcomer, noting as he trys to make himself seem more powerful by making sure to mention that he has backup. Tch. She inspects the three intruders with a raised eyebrow and a hand poised above the handle of her large blade, just in case. She snorts at Blake's attempt to be threatening to them and adjusts her footing. "Don't worry, he thinks everyone is against him until he ties them up for no good reason and they fight their way out," she says with a mocking tone, glancing at Blake with a smirk. "Anyway, Riley," she says, gesturing briefly to herself, "the ki-- boy is Chris. The asshole with the scowl is Blake."
((Viking Chris The asshole with the scowl Ash Kaes))

Reactions: Naoh and NovaCat

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The girl among them, Riley, introduces the other party: Chris and Blake. So there's a kid, a cynical man, and a woman that looks quick to conflict. Great. Just fantastic. "It's nice to meet you three....I mean, if we're going to be working together to get those supplies from The Unseen, it'll be important that we can at least tolerate each other. No one seems to be fighting yet, so it looks like we're on the right track." Kaes was sure to heavily insinuate "we" as the six of them. Just trying to work at their collective subconscious to accept Kaes, Fedrik and Ash as allies. I hope I'm not overdoing this whole 'talking to people' thing....It's been so long I hope I'm doing this right.

((The kid, The fucker with the noisemaker, The bitch, My buddies))

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=transparent]Chris and Ash[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As Fredrik and Kaes do all the talking, Ash silently takes note of the surroundings, then she spots a familiar face, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Is that...Chris??"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Chris studied the newcomers. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]What an interesting group. A viking, a woodsman and… Ash? [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]A smirk developed on Chris’ face. “My my, hello Ash. It’s been a long time.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Why yes, it has. And how I had hoped it would be longer, you imp." Ash replied with a hint of annoyance in both her words and on her face.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How long has it been? 2-3 years?" Chris laughed. "It's a regular family reunion!" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ash returns his smirk "Ah yes, and you haven't changed much, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]kiddo.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Chris’ eyebrow twitched, and his smirk dropped. “Who are your friends?”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ash, continuing to match his facial expressions, retorts saying, "I believe they've already introduced themselves...or are you still in the childish habit of not listening?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Chris laughed. “I mustn’t have been paying attention. What are their intentions?” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, I believe they heard something along the lines of 'food and supplies', but by the looks of it, there isn't any." she says as she nonchalantly examines her fingernails.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Why you… [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]“That’s correct. I created the idea of there being supplies as a ruse to get some help in a plan of mine.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And that plan would be overtaking a walmart, run by the White Thorn, who are now part of The Unseen, who probably have a radio, and possibly heard your message and decided 'Hey, there’s 24 of us and only one little boy with a radio station and supplies. How 'bout we go raid him??' So now they could already be on there way here. Think about that, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Genius[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Chris' eyes widened. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]D- dammit! She got me! [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Chris' mind raced. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]There has to be something... [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Catching Chris' look of surprise she smirks. "So you hadn't thought of that. Wonderful."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Unless... this presents several facts. Foremost. The White Thorns have a radio. There is no doubt about this. Second. There is a high likelihood that they have received the message I sent out. Third. They will not send out more than... 8, no, 6 to hit this station. There is no way they would send any more. Blake, Ash, the woman, Kaes, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Fredrik and myself. Yes, more than enough. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ignoring Ash's smug look, Chris stands up. "Everyone, I would appreciate your attention!" Chris skipped over to a table and jumped on it. “I have a grave announcement.” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent](( S_swimmer I'm really sorry but I had to post this, the only way to get the RP moving in the right direction. ))[/BCOLOR]

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"No sense delaying it, if you've got something to say, say it.". Kaes didn't care much for pleasantries it wasted words. Maybe it was normal... More likely it was his years away from civilization.

Reaction score
(( Hello ladies and germs, I personally find it kind of odd how trusting we ["we", meaning Fredrik, Kaes, and I] are of everyone and how quickly we came to Riley, Chris, and Blake, considering that there was a broken chair / wall and they were yelling hostilely. Just sayin', people don't typically approach seemingly hostile people with weapons and just be like 'Hey!' Especially in an apocalyptic situation. ))

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
(( Hello ladies and germs, I personally find it kind of odd how trusting we ["we", meaning Fredrik, Kaes, and I] are of everyone and how quickly we came to Riley, Chris, and Blake, considering that there was a broken chair / wall and they were yelling hostilely. Just sayin', people don't typically approach seemingly hostile people with weapons and just be like 'Hey!' Especially in an apocalyptic situation. ))
((agreed))

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
Chris didn't like the lumberjack's tone, but proceeded. "Ash..." Chris glanced at Ash "provided some.. important insight." The boy chewed on the end of his thumb. "There is a very high likelihood that members of The White Thorn gang have picked up the radio message I sent out, and are currently on their way. I estimate there will be 8 of them, most likely in an armored vehicle and with silenced weapons."

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((Typically, that'd be true. But Kaes hasn't been around people in literally years. So he tried to diffuse the situation nonviolently... By immediately implying they work as a team.))

"If that's the case... Why are we still here?"

((Literally the most useless post gg))

Reaction score
((Typically, that'd be true. But Kaes hasn't been around people in literally years. So he tried to diffuse the situation nonviolently... By immediately implying they work as a team.))

"If that's the case... Why are we still here?"

((Literally the most useless post gg))
((yeah but I think If Kaes has talked to his other teammates [Fredrik and Ash] before going up there, they may have thought that may have not been a good idea considering the circumstances.))

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Can I just ask, who the heck are the Unseen and White Thorns and all? I mean, sure, if they're coming here and they're not friendly, then we should bail, but can you explain who they are?" Fredrik paused, then continued: "Plus, how do we know you're not them, here to set us a trap?"

Reaction score
Hazel eyes scanned over the few objects she had. "A little over half a bottle of water... a packet of cashews... a quarter or so of beef jerky..." the girl sighed, "I really need more stuff." she mumbled, shoving the few items in the light blue back pack beside her. Picking up the Swiss army knife she had been using, Isabelle decided it was time to get going. Looking out the slightly covered window, the female watched the zombies move around, all seemingly headed in one direction. Shuddering, Isabelle glanced at the slightly fresh corpse in the corner, thankfully it's head had been nailed already. Placing her ear on the floor, the girl smiled slightly hearing silence.
Quietly popping the attic door open, Isabelle hung upside down from the attic floor. Seeing no immediate danger, the ravenette sighed, finding the flaw in her plan. 'This is gonna hit the ground with a thud...' she frowned, pulling herself back up into the attic. "I can't stay here." she mumbled, "I'll starve." Looking at the little window in the back of the room, the girl climbed onto a desk under it, peering out. 'Looks like the roof is within jumping distance...' she thought, opening the small window. Squirming out so she sat on the ledge with her legs still inside, the female looked down, a small balcony jutted out from the room below, easily meaning she could jump to the next roof- if she could get to the balcony. Slipping back inside the room, Isabelle decided to risk it, making sure her back pack was secure, before walking back over to the attic door.
Opening it as much she could before having to drop it, the girl flinched at the noise, which admittedly was duller then she thought, most likely from the pillows the girl had placed roughly where it fell, though still made a dull thud, audible to anyone in the home. Hearing a groan from a room nearby, Isabelle panicked inwardly for a moment. 'How did I forget about her!?' she thought, seeing the creature stumble out of the room, spotting her. Barely able to retract her arm from the creatures head, she watched it begin climbing the ladder. 'Great scott of scoots!' she thought, taking the knife from her pocket. The creature turned it's pale head toward her, as though she would be it's next meal. Having to bite her tongue so she didn't squeal, Isabelle nailed the thing in in the head as it lunged, blood spraying out from the creature's skull.
"Ick." she mumbled, wobbling her knife around before dislodging the item from it's skull. Looking over the edge of the attic door, the girl was pleased that no other zombies had decided to come investigate, climbing down the ladder. Entering the room the previous zombie had left, the girl made a displeased face at the half eaten corpse on the bed, which appeared to be rotting already. 'Quick!' was her first thought, flinging the doors open (and closing them, though it wouldn't do much if it 'woke up'), Isabelle shakily climbed on the railing of the balcony. Under her, zombies stumbled around stupidly in the alley, thankfully none had the decency to look upward just yet.
Taking a deep breath, Isabelle managed to land on the roof, flinching when she kicked a few tiles back and into the alley below. "Oh biscuits." she whispered, beginning to run, hearing the groans of the creatures as they began scrambling up the wall. Managing to hook a left onto a different roof and lose a few of the 'geeks' due to loose tiles, Isabelle noted the few stubborn ones that where looming on her, ready to sink their teeth into her flesh. Making sure she had a good grip on her knife, Isabelle turned and nailed the closest one in the head, quickly shaking the knife out of it's skull before bolting again as one tried to bite her- thankfully missing as she bolted a few steps before having to turn to smash it's skull.
Taking a few breaths the girl looked at the edges, the tiles where a little loose, so not too many of the geeks where making it up.
Running once more the girl managed to lose them a few roofs down, noting the other geeks laying dead a few roofs away. Crouching down so she wouldn't be spotted too easily by anything else, Isabelle moved and hit behind a chimney, spotting two people- survivors- meeting up, before a third came. A conversation far out of her earshot was held as they walked off, Isabelle choosing to follow from a slight distance as they headed for the large radio tower, once there they simply walked in without hesitance. Electing to sit outside for a while to weigh her actions,the ravenette was sure to keep herself quiet and out of any line of sight for the geeks wandering around outside.

((Murp- If I messed something up let me know or I'll feel stupid-))

Last edited:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hazel eyes scanned over the few objects she had. "A little over half a bottle of water... a packet of cashews... a quarter or so of beef jerky..." the girl sighed, "I really need more stuff." she mumbled, shoving the few items in the light blue back pack beside her. Picking up the Swiss army knife she had been using, Isabelle decided it was time to get going. Looking out the slightly covered window, the female watched the zombies move around, all seemingly headed in one direction. Shuddering, Isabelle glanced at the slightly fresh corpse in the corner, thankfully it's head had been nailed already. Placing her ear on the floor, the girl smiled slightly hearing silence. Quietly popping the attic door open, Isabelle hung upside down from the attic floor. Seeing no immediate danger, the ravenette sighed, finding the flaw in her plan. 'This is gonna hit the ground with a thud...' she frowned, pulling herself back up into the attic. "I can't stay here." she mumbled, "I'll starve." Looking at the little window in the back of the room, the girl climbed onto a desk under it, peering out. 'Looks like the roof is within jumping distance...' she thought, opening the small window. Squirming out so she sat on the ledge with her legs still inside, the female looked down, a small balcony jutted out from the room below, easily meaning she could jump to the next roof- if she could get to the balcony. Slipping back inside the room, Isabelle decided to risk it, making sure her back pack was secure, before walking back over to the attic door. Opening it as much she could before having to drop it, the girl flinched at the noise, which admittedly was duller then she thought, most likely from the pillows the girl had placed roughly where it fell, though still made a dull thud, audible to anyone in the home. Hearing a groan from a room nearby, Isabelle panicked inwardly for a moment. 'How did I forget about her!?' she thought, seeing the creature stumble out of the room, spotting her. Barely able to retract her arm from the creatures head, she watched it begin climbing the ladder. 'Great scott of scoots!' she thought, taking the knife from her pocket. The creature turned it's pale head toward her, as though she would be it's next meal. Having to bite her tongue so she didn't squeal, Isabelle nailed the thing in in the head as it lunged, blood spraying out from the creature's skull. "Ick." she mumbled, wobbling her knife around before dislodging the item from it's skull. Looking over the edge of the attic door, the girl was pleased that no other zombies had decided to come investigate, climbing down the ladder. Entering the room the previous zombie had left, the girl made a displeased face at the half eaten corpse on the bed, which appeared to be rotting already. 'Quick!' was her first thought, flinging the doors open (and closing them, though it wouldn't do much if it 'woke up'), Isabelle shakily climbed on the railing of the balcony. Under her, zombies stumbled around stupidly in the alley, thankfully none had the decency to look upward just yet. Taking a deep breath, Isabelle managed to land on the roof, flinching when she kicked a few tiles back and into the alley below. "Oh biscuits." she whispered, beginning to run, hearing the groans of the creatures as they began scrambling up the wall. Managing to hook a left onto a different roof and lose a few of the 'geeks' due to loose tiles, Isabelle noted the few stubborn ones that where looming on her, ready to sink their teeth into her flesh. Making sure she had a good grip on her knife, Isabelle turned and nailed the closest one in the head, quickly shaking the knife out of it's skull before bolting again as one tried to bite her- thankfully missing as she bolted a few steps before having to turn to smash it's skull. Taking a few breaths the girl looked at the edges, the tiles where a little loose, so not too many of the geeks where making it up. Running once more the girl managed to lose them a few roofs down, noting the other geeks laying dead a few roofs away. Crouching down so she wouldn't be spotted too easily by anything else, Isabelle moved and hit behind a chimney, spotting two people- survivors- meeting up, before a third came. A conversation far out of her earshot was held as they walked off, Isabelle choosing to follow from a slight distance as they headed for the large radio tower, once there they simply walked in without hesitance. Electing to sit outside for a while to weigh her actions,the ravenette was sure to keep herself quiet and out of any line of sight for the geeks wandering around outside.

((...))

((Not to be rude or anything, but you might want to consider text formatting.))

Reaction score
Hazel eyes scanned over the few objects she had. "A little over half a bottle of water... a packet of cashews... a quarter or so of beef jerky..." the girl sighed, "I really need more stuff." she mumbled, shoving the few items in the light blue back pack beside her. Picking up the Swiss army knife she had been using, Isabelle decided it was time to get going. Looking out the slightly covered window, the female watched the zombies move around, all seemingly headed in one direction. Shuddering, Isabelle glanced at the slightly fresh corpse in the corner, thankfully it's head had been nailed already. Placing her ear on the floor, the girl smiled slightly hearing silence. Quietly popping the attic door open, Isabelle hung upside down from the attic floor. Seeing no immediate danger, the ravenette sighed, finding the flaw in her plan. 'This is gonna hit the ground with a thud...' she frowned, pulling herself back up into the attic. "I can't stay here." she mumbled, "I'll starve." Looking at the little window in the back of the room, the girl climbed onto a desk under it, peering out. 'Looks like the roof is within jumping distance...' she thought, opening the small window. Squirming out so she sat on the ledge with her legs still inside, the female looked down, a small balcony jutted out from the room below, easily meaning she could jump to the next roof- if she could get to the balcony. Slipping back inside the room, Isabelle decided to risk it, making sure her back pack was secure, before walking back over to the attic door. Opening it as much she could before having to drop it, the girl flinched at the noise, which admittedly was duller then she thought, most likely from the pillows the girl had placed roughly where it fell, though still made a dull thud, audible to anyone in the home. Hearing a groan from a room nearby, Isabelle panicked inwardly for a moment. 'How did I forget about her!?' she thought, seeing the creature stumble out of the room, spotting her. Barely able to retract her arm from the creatures head, she watched it begin climbing the ladder. 'Great scott of scoots!' she thought, taking the knife from her pocket. The creature turned it's pale head toward her, as though she would be it's next meal. Having to bite her tongue so she didn't squeal, Isabelle nailed the thing in in the head as it lunged, blood spraying out from the creature's skull. "Ick." she mumbled, wobbling her knife around before dislodging the item from it's skull. Looking over the edge of the attic door, the girl was pleased that no other zombies had decided to come investigate, climbing down the ladder. Entering the room the previous zombie had left, the girl made a displeased face at the half eaten corpse on the bed, which appeared to be rotting already. 'Quick!' was her first thought, flinging the doors open (and closing them, though it wouldn't do much if it 'woke up'), Isabelle shakily climbed on the railing of the balcony. Under her, zombies stumbled around stupidly in the alley, thankfully none had the decency to look upward just yet. Taking a deep breath, Isabelle managed to land on the roof, flinching when she kicked a few tiles back and into the alley below. "Oh biscuits." she whispered, beginning to run, hearing the groans of the creatures as they began scrambling up the wall. Managing to hook a left onto a different roof and lose a few of the 'geeks' due to loose tiles, Isabelle noted the few stubborn ones that where looming on her, ready to sink their teeth into her flesh. Making sure she had a good grip on her knife, Isabelle turned and nailed the closest one in the head, quickly shaking the knife out of it's skull before bolting again as one tried to bite her- thankfully missing as she bolted a few steps before having to turn to smash it's skull. Taking a few breaths the girl looked at the edges, the tiles where a little loose, so not too many of the geeks where making it up. Running once more the girl managed to lose them a few roofs down, noting the other geeks laying dead a few roofs away. Crouching down so she wouldn't be spotted too easily by anything else, Isabelle moved and hit behind a chimney, spotting two people- survivors- meeting up, before a third came. A conversation far out of her earshot was held as they walked off, Isabelle choosing to follow from a slight distance as they headed for the large radio tower, once there they simply walked in without hesitance. Electing to sit outside for a while to weigh her actions,the ravenette was sure to keep herself quiet and out of any line of sight for the geeks wandering around outside.

(( Yo, great job! As Ender said, text formatting may be a good idea, however your creative writing skills rock! I look forward to reading more of your posts! ))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Can I just ask, who the heck are the Unseen and White Thorns and all? I mean, sure, if they're coming here and they're not friendly, then we should bail, but can you explain who they are?" Fredrik paused, then continued: "Plus, how do we know you're not them, here to set us a trap?"
((Here's the last IC post made from the group. just trying to stimulate some activity.))
(( k sorry will upload post 2morrow ))
((It's tomorrow :D -I think. Time zones are weird-))

((Naoh Might you consider making an OOC thread for posts like this very one? It seems to be working very well for Wonderful Minds.))

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hunter

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Blake rested his head in his palm and take a deep breath before addressing the whole group. "So sorry if I may seem cynical, but I'm trying to survive. Something you people have seemed to forget. You simply expect me to believe that you came here to help us, from the bottom of your oh-so-kind heart? Mr. Kaes, was it? Your ignorance makes me sick." And it reminds me of him, he thought separately. "Do you realize where you are right now? Civilization has broken down for two years now. People are turning into animals. Sorry if I'm not so instantly trusting towards strangers like you are, but I have every right not to be."

He turned to Chris. "Chris, give me it." As if by telepathy, Chris removed a circus poster, revealing a quite new-looking revolver under it. Blake raised his eyebrows and outstretched his hand, catching the gift that came hurtling towards him. He gave the barrel a spin and counted, "Three." He turned towards Kaes and his group. "Give me three very good reasons why I should trust you right now."

(( Timdood3 Naoh Snarky_Wondermuffin Toiletprincess Enderfive
oh and yes it was late I'm just a lazy ass lmao
also side note Naoh and I talked about Chris's action and we agreed on it c: ))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Well for one, it's been nearly a decade since I've spoken with another human being. The only reason I'm even here is because I can't make it on my own. I can understand your feelings, but if I can't make it alone, any of the five of you sure as hell can't. Oh, and I have a question for you: is that thing even loaded?"