IC The Waiting Game

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Call me Kaes," the woodsman said as he shook Fredrik's hand, "and it sounds to me like a nice little band of survivors is forming. And, not to be rude or anything, but are you from around here? You look a bit...Viking..And that sword only adds to it."

NovaCat

Reaction score
Um.... Character bio time!.....

Name: Arin

Appearance: Short almost shoulder length brown hair, green eyes, slightly tan she's wears jeans, a light grey shirt and a dark grey jacket.

Weapon: Currently a small folding knife, (big enough to kill a zombie but not large.)

Back story: She was visiting some relatives with her older brother and mom, after the outbreak they got separated. When under pressure or after over exerting her self, (Like not eating for a couple days.) She tends to "lose it" unleasing a seperate personality as she did in the kitchen. She's not very smart and finds her self in danger a lot, but makes up with speed.

Sorry I bet this is the worst character bio ever. :#

Last edited:
Reactions: Timdood3

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fredrik glanced at his sword and stared back into the lumberjack's eyes. Then he started laughing. "I do suppose I might look a bit viking. It's actually my nickname back in Chicago," he managed to say between the laughter. "But, no, I'm born and raised in the US. My parents came from Norway, though, so that might be what you're seeing in me."

He turned his head toward the radio tower, still wearing a warm smile. "Kaes, was it? Perhaps you'd like to come with me to the tower? I bet you'd like supplies and other survivors as well as I would."

((Timdood3))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
A grin showed on Kaes' face. The first person he'd talked to in...Years? He'd stopped counting time...had not only been friendly, but had invited him to come along. Kaes gave his new friend a hearty slap on the back and nearly shouted, unable to contain himself, "Let's go then, Viking!"

((Enderfive sorry it's short, limited on time))

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((Yeah, sure, I'll wait until you're done. Not like I'd actually get there before you guys were over with what you're doing, anyway, since apparently I'm slow. *glares at Tim*))
(( D: I didn't say you were slow, I said you were taking your time ;-; I wouldn't expect you to be sprinting all the way there, so I ran to catch up ;-; ))

Reactions: Enderfive
Reaction score
Ash perched, resting in a large tree. She could see pretty much anything from here, plus it was a difficult climb so she didn't expect the parasites to be able to harm her. Suddenly, she heard a noise maker. "What in the world?" She thought. Then, another thought occurred to her, "Survivors? It can't be..." She didn't dare get her hopes too high...but what else could have set that off? She climbed higher and higher in the tree until she could see what was going on.

She saw a girl running over rooftops, killing and maiming any parasites that got in her way. "Please make it...I don't want another one to deal with." She thought, slightly selfishly. She made it and kept running.

"Why is she running?" Ash pondered. She decided to stay in the tree where it was safe. One human wasn't worth the risk of getting killed or loosing everything she had. Especially an undetermined friendly or unfriendly human.

But then not too long later she saw two other people meet up. "More people. Same direction. What is going on??" She weighed her options. Stay in the tree, fend for yourself (it's worked so far...), but, situation has little to no chance of getting any brighter. Or, go talk to the two newly discovered survivors. "Well...they didn't kill each other...that's a plus. And they both look strong and well armed...it's possible they could offer a bit of protection..." She went with her second option.

She unsheathed her bowie knife and sprinted, hopping along the rooftops with her sandy blonde hair whipping in the wind behind her. They weren't far away and she wanted to get to them before they were gone. Keeping her eyes open and mind clear, she prepared herself for any combative situations that were bound to crop up. Soon she met a zombie, and before it had time to make a sound, she gutted it like a fish and brought her knife back down slashing it across the jugular with lightning speed. It was dead. "How strange it is that I have become unaffected to all of the death." she thought sadly. She moved on, survivors dead ahead.

When she was about 4 yards away from them she stopped. "Hello?" she called in a voice filled with caution.

((This is my first RP and first thing I've ever said on the forums...so please let me know if I did it wrong :p))

Last edited:

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Kaes was the first to react to the newcomer. Why so many? Why here? Are there more elsewhere? the questions flew through his head like a flock of startled birds.

Kaes turned and leaned on his axe. Quickly, he jerked his head in the direction they were going, indicating that the newcomer was to follow. His voice gruff, he said, "Can't waste time standing around. You're a friendly, right? You can introduce yourself on the way."

Last edited:

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Looking straight ahead, the woodsman replied, "Kaes. And best I can tell, we're following her. Fredrik here said something about supplies and a radio tower, but honestly I'm just in it for the company. I can't make it alone anymore." Realizing that he'd begun to rattle off into his personal issues to a stranger, Kaes stopped himself. "Anything else you'll have to ask him."

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Gosh. I know what you mean. It's been ages since I've seen anyone...let alone talked to anyone." Ash keeps walking as she thinks to herself "Supplies...I hope that means food." as her stomach gives a slight rumble.

Reaction score
((Character Bio

Name: Ash
Appearance: Shoulder-blade length, wavy, sandy-blonde hair, slightly tanned skin, freckles, eyes...well depends on the moment. Wears tattered blue-jeans, and a worn flannel, plaid shirt, with a leather jacket. Carries throwing knives on her right hip, and a Bowie knife on her left. Has this weird ring that looks somewhat like a lighter (will be explained in time).
Background: Born in the US, grew up Chicago performing with her family, who were a group of well known magicians. In school she surpassed other classmates in chemistry and human psychology, earning a college degree. Ash is now an orphan, loosing her parents to the Parasites and then having to kill them off to defend herself.))

Reactions: Naoh

NovaCat

Reaction score
Arin stands on a roof, perched over the city. Man, what a view. It's all abandoned, and yet... so peaceful, like none of this is really happening. She walks along the edge holding a small pocket map, okay, so... if I'm here, and the radio station is here.... What the heck? This building isn't on the map! "Why are maps so hard to read?!" She yells out. Opps, that was a bit loud. Ugh, Screw this! Huh? What's that, a noise maker? It's pretty far off though.

She turns and starts towards the sound.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fredrik stayed silent for the short conversation as they were walking in the direction of the tower.

((Wow, that must be the most useless RP post ever. I'm really busy at the moment, though. I won't be present for the weekend, either, so idk, if you guys are ok with it, maybe we can let Swimmer, Naoh and Toilet play out their thing at the tower over the weekend and then arrive there when I come back from the debating championships that I have tomorrow and on Sunday?))

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3 and Naoh
Reaction score
Fredrik stayed silent for the short conversation as they were walking in the direction of the tower.

((Wow, that must be the most useless RP post ever. I'm really busy at the moment, though. I won't be present for the weekend, either, so idk, if you guys are ok with it, maybe we can let Swimmer, Naoh and Toilet play out their thing at the tower over the weekend and then arrive there when I come back from the debating championships that I have tomorrow and on Sunday?))
((Fine by me ^-^))

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
(( BIO

Name: Christopher Lloyd
Appearance: White hair, pale skin, pale blue eyes. Wears black jeans, a white jacket 3 sizes too big, often found barefoot.
Backround: Chris was part of an act in MacVanner's Circus, he and his mother and father (also albino), would preform acrobatic stunts, while throwing knives into targets. Chris' mother and father both died in an accident during a rehearsal, leaving Chris emotionally unstable and insensitive. ))

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Jay; Chris; Blake

Just as they had planned, the girl had dismissed the presence of the two immediately upon seeing that nobody appeared to be there. As she cursed under her breath and headed down the stairs, Blake penetrated the veil of shadows with his arm, holding the glass shard he had picked up earlier. Slanting it against the light, he shifted it until it shone perfectly on Chris's eye poking between the planks on the ceiling one, two, three times. The show had begun.

Chris swung down from the support he had been watching the girl from, dangling from his legs. "Boo!" Chris grinned, and flailed his arms.

The girl turned to see a young, white haired boy hanging from the rafters. She crosses her arms and scrunches up her nose in annoyance. "What do you want, kid?" She asks, adjusting her footing slightly due to the pain in her heel.

"I vant to dvrink your blud m'lady!" grinned Chris, and stuck out his tongue. "I'm the one who sent out the message! Did you hear it?"

She raises an eyebrow, looking at the boy. Internally, she was wondering how such an immature child could've survived this long in such a harsh atmosphere, yet outwardly she showed no sign of this thought process. Subconsciously, she moved to hoist up the backpack that no longer existed on her back and swore to herself. "Someone threw a noisemaker at me and caused me to lose any supplies I could've helped with, did they happen to arrive?"

Chris cocked his head to the side, and chewed on his thumb. "Uhh, nope. Nobody. All alone."

She eyed the boy with suspicion, moving all of her weight now to one foot as the other ached with pain. "Okay, well, did you happen to have any supplies, I kind of lost all mine. Unless you don't have enough, or any, to share- I'll just be on my way in that case," she said, stepping slightly towards the stairs. Something put her at unease about this boy and this place, almost as if she were being decieved.

Blake rested his face in his palm. Get on with it... he thought exasperatedly.

Chris stopped chewing on his thumb, and grinned. "Nope, no supplies! Lies lies, all lies! This is in fact, actually a surprise attack!"

Taking his sign, Blake immediately sprinted towards the girl and jumped up, sending a flying kick into her skull. She crumpled to the ground, unconscious. The plan was complete. "Okay, Chris. Let's tie her up."

"Okie-dokie." Chris dropped from the rafters and laughed. "How was I, Blake?"

Blake pauses, taken aback by the question. "You... did well," he says, the words feeling odd on his tongue. How long has it been since I had someone to say that to? he wondered.

"YAYYYYY" Yelled Chris. "What shall we do now?"

"Like I said, tie her up." Blake gathered some rope and scooted a chair forward. "We'll set her down here. It's your plan, so you do the questioning."

Chris danced over to the chair. "You tie her up, and I'll question her. And then... uh... the plan will happen!"

Blake sighed heavily. "Fine, push the hard part onto me." He set to work, bringing the ragdoll-like body up to the chair and making complicated knots with skillful hands. He couldn't help but let the sides of his mouth turn up a little.

–––––
She wakes up from her unconscious state suddenly, a scowl instantly surfacing on her face. "What the fuck?" she snarls, looking around with teeth clenched.

"Hellooooooo!" Chris saluted. "How did you enjoy your nap, murderous female?"

She froze, furrowing her brow. "Murderous female?" she muttered, confusion clear in her voice, "If I wanted to murder someone you'd have been dead the moment I saw you."

For a moment, Chris looked a bit uncertain. "Uhh." Chris chewed on his thumb, then looked over at Blake. "Blake?"

"Don't look at me," Blake replied, gesturing back to Chris. "Do what you wanted to do." Without telling Chris, however, he began to brace his body. He knew that tying the girl up to the chair was no good, and could only stall for a small moment of idle conversation. He prepared for her attack.

Chris turned back to the girl. "Uh- you aren't here to murder me?" Chris giggled. "I suppose there's been a terrible mistake then."

She snapped her gaze to Blake and narrowed her eyes. Someone could visibly see her calculating in her head, piecing information together. "No kidding," she muttered annoyedly, glaring at Blake. "And I guess you're the asshole who threw the noisemaker?"

Chris laughed. "I thought I heard something."

She wrinkled her nose in anger and frustration, scowling. "I lost all my fucking stuff because of that."

Blake cocked his head to the side, feigning ignorance. "I heard that, too. Who do you think that was?"

The side of her mouth upturned slightly and she gave him a look that conveyed the message, 'Do you really think I'm an idiot?' Before leaning backwards on the chair with a snarl that almost looked like it was permanent etched into her face.

Chris could see the conflict between the two. He had to intervene somehow.

Blake threw up his hands in mock-surrender. "There's no fooling you. I suppose I am that very asshole," he said matter-of-factly.

She bared her teeth and put her head down, letting her hair fall infront of her face. "Yeah, I thought so," she muttered, almost sadly. In a matter of moments, she leaned forward in the chair, planting her feet firmly on the ground before swinging around and slamming the chair into a nearby wall. The wood splintered into pieces and she moved as quickly as possible with tied feet and hands to a nearby place she'd observed her machete to be, turning to use it to cut her hand ties and then grab the blade to cut through the ropes binding her feet with it's sharp edge.

"Woah!" yelled Chris, who promptly turned and ran.

Blake grabbed Chris by the collar, which was almost to no avail due to the oversized coat he wore. "Don't run, I can handle this."

Chris groaned. "I really don't want to end up killing her." He rolled his eyes. "Don't you kill her either! We need her!"

She stood with feet apart, her large blade in her right hand and anger on her face. "I'm not going to kill you. Just maybe maim you slightly and leave you hanging from the rafters," she growled, bending her knees so she was lowered furthur to the ground and may have spring in her step if needed.

Blake let his arms fall into his pockets, exposing his chest to intimidate her. "Try, then."

Her eyes flickered to the boy, looking at him with a tilted head. "Let the kid go."

Chris' eyebrow twitched. "K- kid?"

"We agreed to team up mutually," Blake said, forcefully inserting laziness into his voice. "It's like you're antagonizing me."

Chris' eyes widened. "She called me a kid. Blake, she referred to me as if I were a child."

At the last comment, she stood up straighter and let out a forceful, sarcastic laugh. "Oh yes, I'm antagonising YOU. That's hilarious, you fucking moron, what the fuck do you think you've done to me. She turned her attention to Chris, who seemed astounded at her comment. "You are aren't you? You can't be older than sixteen."

Blake opened his mouth to protest, but then shut it again, thanking his luck that he hadn't referred to Chris as a "kid" earlier.

"YOU, MADAME, HAVE OVERSTEPPED YOURSELF. MAY I REMIND YOU, THAT YOU ARE TECHNICALLY STILL OUR HOSTAGE?" Chris threw is arms up in the air. "First, you call my friend names. Second, you destroy a PERFECTLY GOOD CHAIR. AND FINALLY, YOU CALL ME A KID."

Her gaze was dark as she peered at Blake, her jaw and fists clenched to the point that her knuckles were turning white. Looking at the child, who seemed to be having a tantrum, she smiled icily. "I'm not your hostage as long as I have the freedom to kill you, which I do," she grinned wider, venom seeping into her voice,"Also, your 'friend' is an oblivious moron, that chair was a piece of shit anyway and you ARE a child, so stop your whining, kid."

"AJDKHASKDJHJIWHJAHNKSDNKNDSA" yelled Chris. He took a flying leap at the woman.

She ducked under the leaping child, keeping her machete low as not to injure him. What? She wasn't going to hurt a young boy; she wasn't crazy.

Chris' momentum sent him flying over the woman as she ducked, and directly through the wall behind her.

She widened her eyes and ran to the wall, looking in through the hole, "Are you okay..?"

Before Chris had the chance to go on another rampage, Blake sprinted over to him and pulled him off the wall and next to him. "No more of that. Let's think rationally."

Her expression of worry turns cold as Blake runs over and pulls back through the wall. "Oh yes, let's fucking think rationally says the one who antagonises people for no idea like a stupid fucking moron hur fucking dur," she imitates coldly, "and oh yeah don't forget to throw a fucking noisemaker at someone you don't fucking know and cause them to lose all their shit."

Chris moaned and rubbed his head. "Rational- rational... raddish, dadrish... fish."

"You'd think someone who was telling someone else to act rationally wouldn't be such a fucking conclusion-jumping fuck," she muttered darkly.

"Yes, let's think rationally," Blake repeated. "Chris, you had a reason you sent that broadcast and I think it's time you told us both what it was."

Chris spun around in a daze. "Oh yeeeeeesssssssss. The message. You both want food and supplies, yes?" Silence followed. "Okay... well- the reason I sent out the message was because I needed help."

She raised an eyebrow, twirling her machete. "What sort of help?"

"The shooty-stabby kind." Chris rubbed his head and looked at the two. "Which it looks like you two are pretty up for."

(( TO BE CONTINUED [ We ran out of time :p ] ))​

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
((
))

Ash, Fredrik and Kaes arrived at the radio tower. The door was open, so Kaes didn't bother stopping to knock. His years of living alone in the woods wouldn't allow it. He looked around and saw nothing but trash littering the ground. He muttered under his breath, "This place is almost as unkempt as my beard..." Other than that, he heard voices. He strained to listen and could discern a man's voice, a kid's, and a woman's. Their voices escalated and Kaes clearly heard the sound of splintering wood. The kid yelled, and the woodsman bolted up the stairs.

By the time he arrived, everything was more or less calm. He heard the end of their conversation. Kaes stood in the doorway and leaned on his axe, practically a trademark at this point. He was ready to retaliate at the slightest sign of aggression, though his stance indicated anything but. "What's this about shooting and stabbing? I can't believe you'd leave out 'chopping.' Or slashing, seeing as there's a literal bloody viking coming up behind me." The last part wasn't really necessary, he just wanted to make sure that these potential threats knew he had backup. Strong backup.

((Naoh Enderfive Snarky_Wondermuffin Toiletprincess S_swimmer))

• Sad
  • Thank You
Reactions: S_swimmer and Naoh

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Jay; Chris; Blake

Chris spun around in a daze. "Oh yeeeeeesssssssss. The message. You both want food and supplies, yes?" Silence followed. "Okay... well- the reason I sent out the message was because I needed help."

She raised an eyebrow, twirling her machete. "What sort of help?"

"The shooty-stabby kind." Chris rubbed his head and looked at the two. "Which, it looks like you two are pretty up for."

Blake looked around at Chris's stash of garbage. "I don't know where we can find something for the shooty kind, but I can certainly do the stabby kind."

Shooting a glance at the large blade spinning in her hand, she offers a slight smile - one that is surprisingly warm. "I certainly can."

Chris rifled through his mounds of garbage, and discovered a candy bar. Quickly unrapping it, he crammed it in his mouth. "Mmgpgh, herhgs the plam."

"Plan A is swallowing," Blake said tersely.

Chris shot a sharp glare at Blake, and swallowed.

"I think chewing is Plan A. Plan B is swallowing."

Blake cast a sideways glance at the girl, raising his eyebrows. "I suppose you're right," he says, grinning despite himself.

Chris mumbled something about interupting his thinking process, and continued. "There's a Walmart not too far from here-"

Blake held up a hand to stop him. "The one that's run by that gang?"

Chris coughed. "Uh, yea."

"A gang?" she asked, raising her eyebrow and putting the machete in her belt.

"Yes," Blake addressed the girl. "Most people around here know about them. The White Thorns. They were a group of delinquents who monopolized one of the Walmarts early on and raided a lot of convenience stores. Then they labelled themselves as a gang and began to attack others for no reason. Some whispers have said they joined under The Unseen... but I'm not sure."

"As a matter of fact, I can confirm they are now a branch of The Unseen."

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows.

"...yes. It's kinda dissapointing really."

She turned up the sides of her mouth and adjusted her footing, "Is this a gossip session or a mission?"

"You know who The Unseen are, right? If they joined under them, it could mean a lot of trouble."

Chris stared at the lady. "This could prove to be reaaally bad."

Blake looked at Chris straight in the eyes. "So I'm assuming you want us to attack the White Thorns."

"Yes." Chris met Blake's eyes. "They will have more than enough supplies for all of us, though that's really not the whole reason why we're going to take them out." He grinned. "Gangs need to be taught a lesson. I cannot sit idly knowing that there are organized groups, knowingly taking advantage of the current dissaray of the world."

Blake cocked his head to the side. He thought that gangs were annoyances, but he envied them rather than saw them as villains. He decided to say nothing.

The girl mock-saluted. "Alright, cap'n, lead the way!" she said, grinning.

He held up his hand. "Wait, wait, wait. How do you propose we take them down? Have you thought of a plan? Have you observed their movements and tendencies yet?"

"As a matter of fact, I have." Chris smirked. "There are only about 24 of them, it can't be too difficult."

"Since you can 'confirm' that they joined the Unseen, I'm assuming they move like them."

"No, they're much less collected." Chris scratched his head. "I honestly can't see why the Unseen would want to have them, but they do."

"Do they have positions in the store?"

"More or less. I know the movements of the guards stationed outside. Also..." Chris chewed his thumb. "They may have a member of the Unseen inside."

"That doesn't matter." The sides of his mouth curled up slightly. "Let's hear the plan, then."

"What's this about shooting and stabbing?" Gasping, Blake whipped around, eyes wide. Standing there, in the doorway, was a broad man with an unkempt beard and a woodsman look about him. Blake's heart pounded in his ear. Why wasn't I able to notice him? he thought, panicking. The man continued talking. "I can't believe you'd leave out 'chopping.' Or slashing, seeing as there's a literal bloody viking coming up behind me." Blake's jaw unhinged fully. Looking behind his back, he saw not only a large man wielding a sword of all weapons, but a blonde-haired girl as well. Three of them!? Why wasn't I paying attention?

Immediately, Blake's mind went wild, sizing up his opponents, scanning the room and mapping out all plans of escape. He lowered his head menacingly, brow casting a shadow over his eyes. "Who are you," he said in a low, threatening voice.

(( Timdood3 WELP WE HAD A THING PLANNED BUT THAT SORTA GOT MESSED UP SO OK I GUESS WE'RE IMPROVISING NOW

Toiletprincess Naoh Enderfive Snarky_Wondermuffin ))

Reactions: Naoh