The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
That said, it does appear that there are two instances of this role, and they may or may not have the same alignment, assuming mulb is telling the truth.
I also clarified with Alisha, and the role reveal won't happen if I get lynched either - that was an assumption on my part.
Regardless, with that update I think both Mulb's and my role may be effectively neutered, barring a risky play by someone who can nightkill people.

D

Deleted member 4601

That said, it does appear that there are two instances of this role, and they may or may not have the same alignment, assuming mulb is telling the truth.
I also clarified with Alisha, and the role reveal won't happen if I get lynched either - that was an assumption on my part.
Regardless, with that update I think both Mulb's and my role may be effectively neutered, barring a risky play by someone who can nightkill people.
Eventually we're gonna have to answer the question of why there's two of the same role here

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If we have a vig I'd advice them to shoot Stranger/Mulb. I think Stranger is likely to be town, as that's a role I don't really see that a mafia would posess (revealing someone's role isn't really beneficial to them). Not so sure about Mulb, but at the same time they do claimed that the have to be killed in order for it to work (something the Stranger only revealed later). I think it's unlikely for Stranger to have known about Mulb's role when claiming - as the mafia rolecop was dead (if they were mafia). Therefore I'm kind of believing them both.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Claims so far:

Mooglie
i was the [im still not saying my role name since RID]
i had a day ability to have a night chat with someone
i chose notty since we never got to be together in comedy club also its notty
we both claimed to eachother but i wont say what nottys claim is since <3 (i believe it tho if that helps)
my vice was pet bunny
my pet bunny and i loved eachother so much that it would take a BULLET FOR ME (aka i was 1 shot bulletproof) but that that would kill it (well remove it from my inventory, its also possible that someone just took it from me rather than someone trying to kill me but with 0 death it seems to indicate that i was almost murdered) and since i loved it too my day ability is now DEAD

why would someone try to kill ME when i was under decent suspicion yesterday
also your thing about me not wanting to get lynched was semi true since i wanted to be alive so that i could eat a kill (which i did i guess??????)
also my thing about wanting to lynch inf at the end of yesterday was since i thought he was a prime candidate to be nightkilled since he was being townread by everyone and its unfair that inf dies every night 1 (maybe someone tried to kill me to frame inf too)

also i got 2 new items in my inventory but i wont say what they were
Inf
actually we can since the bomb is a lie and i wrote that item up myself and it does nothing

pranked

(im just gonna say this now since i realize itll be susp tomorrow when someone doesnt die [yes i truly failed to consider that])

my role can give out items

i can name the items whatever i want to, and if i name it the same thing as another item in the game, it replicates those effects

i cant name the same item the same name twice

i choose my item name during the day + choose to visit someone at night to give it to them, and anyone who visits me also gets one

since i knew 0 items to be able to use yesterday i decided to create my own to get some reads so i made up a bomb item so i could give it to someone i suspected to see if theyd try to secretly blow someone up, so i gave it to boooo since i was sus of her by the end of the day and i thought she'd be unlikely to be nightkilled and i thought maybe hip/poke would be lynched anyways even if i didnt catch them out

i cant give out items anymore if my spouse is unhappy - my vice is being an obsessive partner

when mulb said they were forced to kill someone i assumed they must have visited me + received the bomb that way so thats how i knew about them having it
Ender
still extremely busy but i guess i can't not claim at this point, considering how you all still have questions

i have two actions

my night action is that i can give someone an item from my inventory
my day action is that i can craft a book, some lip balm or video games. i don't know what the items do

my vice is happy pills. i need them to perform my day action, otherwise i'm too demotivated to do anything. i used my only happy pill during the first day to craft the book i gave to boo and i haven't been able to craft anything since, and thus was unable to give out anything last night, because nobody has given me an item, so i have nothing in my inventory.

this is also why i pushed tim to claim as much as i did, because i thought he was softclaiming the same vice i had and obviously wanted to know more, especially since we would probably be competing for happy pills, if this was true

you can direct any questions you might have towards me and i will do my best to answer, but no promises because my calendar is literally full for the next week or so every day from when i wake up until i go to bed
TWG
Alright then I'll claim.

I'm ____ (not my real name but won't reveal it incase there's a RID-killer)

My action is that I can each night give out a Shield. A Shield will protect it's holder from one lethal attack. The Shield will dissapear at the end of the night.

I'll refrain from claiming my vice so nobody will take any advantages from it (yes, it's negative).

My actions were:
N1 - Hip, I looked at their posts and attitude and felt like they were a possible killer-suspect IDK if they actually were targetted though. (also this was some of the reason why I townread them day 1)
N2 - Inf, looked proven to me so I gave them a shield.

hipmeow and Infected_alien8_ can both confirm these. If it'll help I also gained an item both nights, and I think both were likely due to me visiting hip/inf.

I guess I'll choose Stranger from Planet 9 to claim next (yes we're doing this thing).
Stranger
Very well.

My ability is to pick a target each night. If I die that night or get lynched the following day, that person's role will get publicly revealed. I'm presently on HK Caper.

That said, my vice is that I have to vote for 3 unique people each day phase or I will be unable to use my ability that night.

I choose HKCaper to claim next.
HKC
ill throw in my vice cus it a good flavor, also moog dont get angry lol, when i submitted i thought id go protect inf and since he claimed he wouldnt get a use out of his ability so the block wouldnt matter

so i am the 'sleezy business proprietor'

my vice is 'grim word'. i have a night ability that i can only use if someone got lynched during the day the flavor is basically that i get motivated by watching someone get lynched.

so ye i'm basically a jailor. i visit someone and prevent them from visiting protect them from any lethal attacks. so ye i visited inffy last night (appearantly that was a oopsie, but i still felt inf could well be a maf target after the boo lynch). something i find interesting is that i did not get inf's item, even tho twg claims he did get it. so either there is someone who prevented me from getting items, or twg is lying, or i dunno.

let the madness unfold
Mulb
Here's the full claim, rephrased:

I'm the slut who goes around doing questionable things with people every night, which allows me to eavesdrop on stuff (I don't actually receive any role info) which will be revealed to everyone the following day if I die (I'm still trying to ask what it means to die)

It's a tough job, but keeping my lips moist helps motivate me to keep doing it, thus the anti-roleblock mechanic. I have to have it at the start of the night for it to work.

So far my visits are:
N1 Inffy - No real reason for this other than for the sake of visiting Inffy
N2 Ender - Related to Boo so it would be helpful to have his role be revealed

And my inventory still contains the fake bomb from Inffy and nothing else
Just to say a few things in my own defense

Regarding my positive vice:
I know for a fact that townies can have beneficial vices. Beyond the fact that Alisha mentioned that vices can be either positive or negative and my own vice claim, I don't have much to substantiate my point, so I can really only trust that y'all take my word for it

Though I should say that it wouldn't make much sense for there to be such an obvious pattern of identifying scum - combined with the fact that Alisha provides info on how to blend in with town, it wouldn't make much sense to say I'm scum purely because of my positive vice

Regarding the backup item supplier theory:
I don't require lip balm for my role action to work, it's just a bonus, so based on the way the game was setup, I wouldn't need a backup item supply to function regardless of which side I'm on, plus even if I do there's plenty of roles in the game that will just as easily lose their abilities and turn into vanilla roles.

That being said, I am not fully rejecting this theory - I just hope that it won't be used as incriminating evidence against me just because I have a positive vice.

Reactions: Deleted member 4601

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If we have a vig I'd advice them to shoot Stranger/Mulb. I think Stranger is likely to be town
Rereading this I realise that it may seem a little strange as I just said I think Stranger is town and that we should also shoot them. Their and Mulb's role has to be shot to be utilized, but I suggest vig shoot Mulb instead (we can choose a target for them) and it'll prove if we got a vig and either kill Mulb as maf or prove/not prove someone else.

D

Deleted member 4601

If we have a vig I'd advice them to shoot Stranger/Mulb. I think Stranger is likely to be town, as that's a role I don't really see that a mafia would posess (revealing someone's role isn't really beneficial to them). Not so sure about Mulb, but at the same time they do claimed that the have to be killed in order for it to work (something the Stranger only revealed later). I think it's unlikely for Stranger to have known about Mulb's role when claiming - as the mafia rolecop was dead (if they were mafia). Therefore I'm kind of believing them both.
I'd just like to point out that both of us will reveal the occupation of who we visited earlier only on the second day in the main chat rather than any sort of faction chat

Not sure about stranger, but if we do reach the stage where it's beneficial to kill me to reveal the role of someone, then I don't mind coordinating with whoever has the ability to kill me at night

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
What was your other item?
(idk if i should be saying this) well it was a video game so i was confused about sessy & shadow supposedly not doing their duties or whatever their flavour said when they were modkilled but i guess that sessy did speak in marriage chat so i guess they were there

this also means shadow started with atleast one happy pill if im remembering his vice right

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Okay the role broadcast only happens if I get nightkilled

Please tell me at least one of y'all ain't sleeping it gets lonely
So I assume then that if we lynch you then you're saying no role will be revealed?

Btw I did claim my vice earlier and it involved video games, I think (hip?) asked that

When I get home tonight Im gonna rego over posts, but unfortunately I dont have any extra info to contradict anything anyone's said so far (in regards to my night action)

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
So I assume then that if we lynch you then you're saying no role will be revealed?

Btw I did claim my vice earlier and it involved video games, I think (hip?) asked that

When I get home tonight Im gonna rego over posts, but unfortunately I dont have any extra info to contradict anything anyone's said so far (in regards to my night action)
Is your vice positive/negative? Also most of us have claimed so if you feel like doing that you can. If youd rather keep it to yourself im rather curious who you visited both nights.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Is your vice positive/negative? Also most of us have claimed so if you feel like doing that you can. If youd rather keep it to yourself im rather curious who you visited both nights.
Yeah its negative, I did say it means I cant use my night action

I visited poke and moog. In the first scenario, didn't get any useful information. With moog, it confirms that he isn't lying about one aspect of what happened last night

If ppl want I can claim my role, but with all the kinda role pairings atm, I dont want to be a single claim which may open me to targetting

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

I visited poke and moog. In the first scenario, didn't get any useful information. With moog, it confirms that he isn't lying about one aspect of what happened last night

If ppl want I can claim my role, but with all the kinda role pairings atm, I dont want to be a single claim which may open me to targetting
I think you should since imo it's not like I'm only gonna consider lynching between the pairs since i can imagine a scenario where they all exist together, just seems unlikely, but if another claim comes that makes less sense then we can get them instead (also if we let some people off for now and they're scum they know to prepare claims tonight and it could make it harder to suss the false ones out)

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score

Did you stop Oog from getting a pet cat then?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'd just like to point out that both of us will reveal the occupation of who we visited earlier only on the second day in the main chat rather than any sort of faction chat
What does this mean btw

Why second day and why are you assuming strangers role doesn't send results to a faction chat and why were you mentioning that anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.