The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4601

Notty, Inffy, HK, Ender, Mulb
Ever since you claimed, I've been worried about the small chance that both of us are night killed and both of us are what we claim to be and both of us visit the same person thereby causing our efforts to be semi-wasted

Somehow despite us sharing the same 4 peeps in our target pool we never visited the same person once

D

Deleted member 4601

Something else that also puzzles me is that I still somehow have lip balm in my inventory despite visiting people at night since my role says that I use up lip balm by visiting and I had a confirmed visit from hip the official non-fake lip balm distributor

D

Deleted member 4601

This is seriously messing with my mind

Also considering the possibility that the last obstacle to town win is actually 3rd party, not mafia

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also Stranger from Planet 9 will need you to list out all your night visits so far. For the sake of completion here's mine:

Inffy, Ender, Comp, HK, Notty

Timdood3 you too!
N1 No visit, no pill consumed (no designation)
N2 Auto-Targeted Visit (MacTarvish), two pills gained, one consumed (Designation: Poke)
N3 Inf, second pill consumed (Designation: Stranger)
N4 Vice trigger, Visit Designation (Ender) - Kill prevented

My Occupation is Jogging Instructor. I would've said it ages ago, but I didn't want Notty to try to perpetuate the whole "Tim's a cult leader" thing just for having "Instructor" in my role name. It really relates to my role in no way shape or form.

Everything in my heart is telling me Stranger is the lynch we're looking for. For one, only one of you was suspicious enough for me to be prepared to nightkill myself. Secondly, the hammer on HK. It's rather suspect that Stranger waited for so long on Ender who voted straightaway on his return, and Stranger hammers 15 minutes later before anyone has a chance to react to Ender or unvote. It feels like a convenient blitz.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Any clue why "gumshoe"?
I have no idea why gumshoe. As far as I know it's there for flavor.

Secondly, the hammer on HK. It's rather suspect that Stranger waited for so long on Ender who voted straightaway on his return, and Stranger hammers 15 minutes later before anyone has a chance to react to Ender or unvote. It feels like a convenient blitz.
I do see where you're coming from on this. In retrospect I should have given people more of a chance to speak up, but at the time I hammered I was only checking the forums while I had a few minutes waiting for my bus to work, and I assumed HK's lynch was a foregone conclusion at that point. Had I had more time to think I might not have hammered.

Anyway, unless someone makes an extremely convincing argument between now and then I'm 90% that Mulb is the person we need to lynch. Simply put, I don't find their vice realistic on top of the fact that it's a direct counterclaim to my role. I'll hold my vote for now but I'm voting Mulb in spirit.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Something I find very odd is that it seems to me that mafia only started killing on night 3
I think you've got it backwards. Notty probably wasn't getting vices/occupations right until people started actually coming out with them.

I'm working on some thoughts right now, I don't know when I'll have them processed. It'll take me some time to compile the information I need.

D

Deleted member 4601

You have anything to add?
No, not much.

There's been a lot of things that have been messing up with my head and if there's one thing I've realized from reading the whole thread it's that I think the roles should be fairly straightforward in this game, hence I'm naturally more inclined to lynch the player with the same role as me.

But the ordeal with TWG and HK having somewhat similar roles, plus the fact that Tim's role is so odd, is giving me second thoughts

D

Deleted member 4601

okay so this is earlier than i expected because reasons but:

notty is probably town. she has vibed town the entire game to me, hasn't been a detriment to discussion as far as i could tell, and has been making sense most of the time. that's really all i have to say about her.

stranger and mulb are also both vibing town for me, although not as much as notty.
i was suspicious of mulb at the beginning of the game, because he said some weird stuff in my opinion (the whole bit with the bomb was pretty susp to me) and wasn't active at all, although it looked like he wanted to seem active, so scum points there, but as we're approaching the endgame, i think he has stepped up pretty adequately and i can, in retrospect, write those initial hiccups off to playstyle or personality, because thinking back, i seem to be suspicious of mulb in the beginning of every game i play with him, regardless of what his alignment turns out to be
stranger is a bit different in that regard, because i didn't really notice him at all in the beginning of the game. but i haven't seen anything particularly suspicious about him as far as i can remember, so it's not like i can really call him out as scum. if there are two maf left like you guys seem to think, i think he might be it because of his sheer forgettableness in this game for me, but i wouldn't lock him in just yet.

tim is an interesting case because as i understand it, he claims to be a killing role? considering we definitely have a second killer in the game, but no one has claimed any of the kills in the nights with two of them, makes me think that that second killer is anti-town, so an sk. and what better claim for an sk than a vig or something along those lines? basically if what i've understood so far is true and tim is claiming a kill ability, i think he's the sk. this would also explain the suspicious stuff with his claim in day 0, because it would mean he has something to hide, and therefore overcompensated for that, which resulted in the weird out of the blue claim that he gave us.

so by process of elimination, hk is the final maf, assuming one maf left, or one of the two final mafs, assuming two mafs left. honestly, based purely on his behaviour, i can see him being town, and i can see him being maf. his claims not making sense though suggest to me that he faked a claim and got tangled up in it, so that's a point for him being maf. i don't think anyone else had any problems with any redirection so far, so my guess is hk simply botched the claim and came up with the redirection point to save his own skin. which in turn suggests pretty heavily that he is indeed scum.

so in conclusion

assuming that tim is the sk, we need to keep him alive to avoid a town loss in the morning in case there are two maf left, and lynch hk, who i agree is probably maf. then we hope lynch tim tomorrow and hope that there aren't any maf left.

vote HKCaper
This post I find interesting because I'm not sure if Ender considered the possibility of himself being killed by Notty.

The plan that eventually played out from Ender's perspective here was a lynch against HK (revealed to be non-SK) followed by a kill against Notty (which I think he might have genuinely read as town, plus the fact that SKs are often bulletproof making them unfavorable mafia targets). So with this plan, and the ideal outcome of Notty flipping town and SK killing off another townie, the following day will start with the following roster (minus one for SK kill) plus the so-called "reads" by Ender himself:
  • Ender (maf)
  • Stranger (town vibes)
  • Mulb (town vibes)
  • Tim (SK)

Notty had the 4 choices above to choose from (or at least it wasn't clear from the start that SK choices are limited due to the RID nature); but both Stranger and I aren't ideal targets for nightkills either way so I think Ender was killed as a mafia suspect. From Ender's perspective, however, with the assumption that Tim is the SK, this would've been the possible outcome (with one kill):
  • Ender (maf)
  • Tim (SK sus)
  • Mulb
  • Stranger
From this perspective, Tim the hypothetical SK would have Ender or Notty as potential targets. It would seem like Ender would be a far better choice than Notty under this scenario given a higher chance of Ender being mafia, so Ender had every reason to think that he was going to be nightkilled.

I'm not exactly sure what I can deduce from this.

D

Deleted member 4601

Ender killed Notty knowing that he had a high chance of dying, something he probably wasn't capable of preventing, not even with killing the SK.

If he thought that Tim was SK then he probably killed Notty from a town read. If Tim were on the same mafia team as Ender, though, then he would know that the second nightkill was caused by either me, Stranger, or Notty - and Notty would be the likely target simply because of the possible double oracle.

Something else that I thought about was that if Ender thought Tim was SK and intentionally left the SK alive then it would've been far more straightforward for the remaining mafia to convince the remaining town to lynch Tim based on his killing abilities regardless of how HK flipped

Status
Not open for further replies.