Status
Not open for further replies.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I must disagree with you there, 112.

What I make out from what you said is as follows;
"Let's take a random shot at someone that may or may not be mafia. If it's mafia, awesome! If it's 3rd party, still awesome! But if it's town, well, crap."

I don't see why you'd take that risk, yes right at the start there is going to be quite a lot of passengers, who just want to get to Europe, so the probability of hitting one of them is so high, that I don't personally want to take that risk.
Yes, and then you can wait till the chances of us hitting mafia higher. So lets wait till the mafia kills some townies so that we have a higher chance of voting a mafia out on later.
... bad idea =S
Tomorrow there will still be little evidence other than the fact that there are probabily 4 people dead and the cop might have found something. But for regular townies not much evidence is there.

However I am still a bit unsure wether to go with a no lynch or not. On the one side a no lynch "only helps the mafia" even on day 0. But I also will feel really bad for the person getting voted out on day 0. Nobody wan'ts to get voted out so quickly.
You do bring up a good point. So whatever happens, in the end, is most likely to help the mafia...

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score

"Let's take a random shot at someone that may or may not be mafia. If it's mafia, awesome! If it's 3rd party, still awesome! But if it's town, well, crap."

I don't see why you'd take that risk, yes right at the start there is going to be quite a lot of passengers, who just want to get to Europe, so the probability of hitting one of them is so high, that I don't personally want to take that risk.
If it's mafia, that's good. If it's a townsperson, we at least have the votes to go off of. In both cases, we can look back at the vote and say "X voted for Y and said 'Z', seems rather suspicious."

I'd like to do that and getting an actual discussion going as opposed to sitting still and letting the special roles rule the game.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score

If it's mafia, that's good. If it's a townsperson, we at least have the votes to go off of. In both cases, we can look back at the vote and say "X voted for Y and said 'Z', seems rather suspicious."

I'd like to do that and getting an actual discussion going as opposed to sitting still and letting the special roles rule the game.
If you want to propose this I'd like to hear a name.

I mean you basicly pick a person without practically anything on them. How is this person chosen, how is this person gonna defend him/herself?

nitasu987

Reaction score
Hey der! I'm Ol' Zeke, from Avalon, Minnesota. I'm one o' those mahnin' types. I always got me ol' pickaxe with me. Ish got a stange notch in it. I called it the Notched Pickaxe. HARHARHARHARHARHARHAR *cough* *cough* OH! Excuse me fer that. I'm an ol' boy but I got the strength o' an ox and the brains of one of those chim-pahn-zees! Well, whatever a chim-pahn-zee is....

Who would be your shot-in-the-dark right now? Ya wan' me to shoot somethin in tha dahk? Oh-kee-doe-kee then, steeep baaack! Lesh turn out the lahts....... *BANG* (When someone turns the light back on, one of the crates of hotdogs has a hole in it and is smoking.) Well then, I shot somethin in tha dahk. Anythin' else?

Why? Why I shot them Hotdogs? They prolly be processed crap that ya get in one of those gerocherie shtores! Back in Avalon we eat real meat from tha fahm!

How suspicious do you think you yourself seem? I'm an ol' man! I dun' think I'd be suspicious early on, but ya never know, those Cruise Pohlice seem lahk they cou' hurt ya in a second!

Why is GmK so sexy? 'cause he's the whole ringleadeer of this hullaballoo and I reckon he's got one of those fancy shmancy Sexy-O-Matics that I see on the tellavision!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
While doing a lynch might give us a bullseye by hitting one of the mafia or SK (I'm confused, what are the roles?). We might hit one of our town-sided roles, or worse, hit a town-sided power role. I suggest not going for lynching.
Roles are unclear. This is to make the game more surprising. So nobody knows what roles there are in the game.
[There are roles that can ask how many mafia and town and neutrals are in the game but I doubt we got a role like that]

My Idea on the role setup:
4 Mafia1 [Godfather, roleblocker, mafia, mafia]
4 Mafia2 [Godfather, something, mafia, mafia]
1 SK
1 vig
2 doctors
1 cop
1 roleblocker
2 Bulletproofs
2 unknown roles
12 regular passengers.

Yes, I think there are 2 mafia's since we got 30 people. We might find out in the night if there are more kills than normal. But for now only the real mafia knows. [if mafia has like 7 people then there isnt a second =P]

HypeBurst

Just Fabulous
Reaction score
My name is Wilbur Humphreys, (I think its a cute name) and the events that have put me on this vessel have not been particularly favourable but no one can truly say that their past has been constantly pleasant. Mine may be self inflicted, and I understand that but I tell you, my intentions are pure and I never wished to hurt anyone.

I have always been a rebellious child, I never fit into the mould that my upper-class parents forced upon me. I preferred the lower parts of society, they understood what true life was and how to live it. I had the mouth of a sailor and I never shy'd away from using it. Speaking my mind got me in a world of trouble which my father would always bail me out of. He would always tell me "This is the last time, Am I clear?" but no, It was never the last time, famous Judge Humphreys could never be known to have "riff-raff" in the family, so he used all of his power to make sure my deeds were always sweep under the rug. And so my deeds continued.

One morning when I awoke to my regular routine of the help waiting on my every whim. I sat at the end of our long dining room table, admittedly impatient, waiting for my breakfast to be served when I notice the new change to our staff. A young woman enters the large oval room from the kitchen door opposite with the usual spread of things. I never notice when the help interchange people but this time, something about her captivates me. Her dark ashy skin, her deep brown eyes her petite nose was all what I dreamed for. She seemed nervous when she noticed that my attention was fixed on her. She slowly and gracefully moved towards where I sat and lay the spread down. I reached out for her arm which startled her. "Im sorry, sir, for what I did, sorry sir, sorry". I reassured her that she wasn't in trouble and I invited her to sit with me. "What is your name miss?" "Agatha, sir, Agatha Dale"

She was captivating, the way she spoke, the way she walked, the way she held herself but I knew my parents would never have it. Their son, in a relationship with a woman of colour, unheard of. So I had to keep it a secret, we were shady, our actions were never seen nor heard in case that it would work its way up to the ears of my mother and father and it went smoothly as it possibly could. Until one unfaithful night I came home to find my mother and father in the entrance hall of our house. Long story short, the worst scenario possible that come true and my parents found out everything. Apparently, the faithful wait staff were only faithful to my mother and father and caught us in the act without us knowing. I can't forget the sheer look of distress on my mothers face as tears streamed down but the worst reaction was my father. I sat there, emotionless, dormant, and said slowly "I never had a son". I turned around I walked out of the house into the cold night. As a walked out of Mr and Mrs Humphreys property I heard a quiet voice from just outside the gate, it was Constantine, an older member of the help. She ushered me over and told me what I wanted to know. "Agatha always talked of you, you brought happiness to her life and I thought you oughta know where she went" My heart skipped a beat at this news. "I overheard that she was deported to London, England, somewhere you would never find her, she loves you Wilbur, go find her"

And thats why I'm here, looking for Agatha Dale, the love of my life and my significant other. I believe that I can find her against undeniable odds if I try hard enough but my journey must start somewhere.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Augh, ye bloodeh idiots! Sum uv us 'ave things tah do in life, importan' things! Now ye got me stranded out 'ere on a cruise ship? Ye bes' 'ave some good ideas up yer sleaves, or I'mma gonna beat you all so hard you'll never walk properly again!

OOC: The first day vote can be beneficial in establishing some vote patterns, but at the same time it's a major setback if we vote out a town.

Kinda on the fence about what to do now.

• Haha
Reactions: nitasu987

nitasu987

Reaction score
Augh, ye bloodeh idiots! Sum uv us 'ave things tah do in life, importan' things! Now ye got me stranded out 'ere on a cruise ship? Ye bes' 'ave some good ideas up yer sleaves, or I'mma gonna beat you all so hard you'll never walk properly again!

OOC: The first day vote can be beneficial in establishing some vote patterns, but at the same time it's a major setback if we vote out a town.

'Ello dere! Whash you name, we got a pretty darn similar tahlkin' sthahl! Name's Ol' Zeke in cashe ya di'n' see mah firsht posht.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
I just pmed Gmk, he answered that the game is a closed game, meaning there are no role reveals. Good luck everyone :/

This was all explained here http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads...les-teaser-clsd-tkg-rplcms.13532/#post-234670 - the very first thing it states is that it's a closed setup game. I expected people to have read that before they signed up...

Does that mean we don't know the possible roles? Or you're not allowed to claim?
Claiming is still, as always, a standard mafia game mechanic that can be used up to a players discretion.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
I just pmed Gmk, he answered that the game is a closed game, meaning there are no role reveals. Good luck everyone :/

This was all explained here http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads...les-teaser-clsd-tkg-rplcms.13532/#post-234670 - the very first thing it states is that it's a closed setup game. I expected people to have read that before they signed up...

Does that mean we don't know the possible roles? Or you're not allowed to claim?
Claiming is still, as always, a standard mafia game mechanic that can be used up to a players discretion.
(Btw I did read that, I was just asking whether grim meant that the possible roles, or the claiming thing)
Thanks for clarifying.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
“This situation certainly blows my stories out of the…water.”

“Apologies, call me Helen. I’m a writer, and sadly America is not cutting it for me in that department. Hopefully Europe will allow me to build the career I so truly deserve.”

Who would be your shot-in-the-dark right now?

Nitasu. He has the perfect coverup of being from Minnesota. Everyone knows how nice they are.
Seriously though, Jivvi would be the closest.

Why?
I don't like that immediately these questions are proposed. I already feel limited by them and it was at a wrong time. I'm not willing to vote because of it, it's just a minor annoyance.

How suspicious do you think you yourself seem?

What. Uh, some? I don't understand the question.

Why is GmK so sexy?
Well, he added all these awesome interface additions to Mafia, and set up a unique historical story as well.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Discussion during the night yayyyy.

My name? My name is John. I guess you could call me a bookworm as I normally am reading all day. Want to be bored? I can easily read to you from memory some books. That's all that's special about me I guess. Uh...back to reading.

Also I really do like the idea that 112 had about listening to what people voted today and saving that for later discussion. It would be helpful.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score

'Ello dere! Whash you name, we got a pretty darn similar tahlkin' sthahl! Name's Ol' Zeke in cashe ya di'n' see mah firsht posht.
An' wha' business would aye 'ave t' do with the likes of ye? Aye don' know who aye I can trust on this bloody ship! An' if we're not careful, it really will git bloody!

• Agree
Reactions: nitasu987

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jivvi is my mafia homie
Welp, forgot to answer my own questions

Who would be your shot-in-the-dark right now?
Characters who have generally been shady in past games, like Notty and JK; it's hard to tell what their motives are

Why? ^

How suspicious do you think you yourself seem?
Very, considering I burped up some questions without answering them
:p

Why is GmK so sexy?

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Why?
I don't like that immediately these questions are proposed. I already feel limited by them and it was at a wrong time. I'm not willing to vote because of it, it's just a minor annoyance.
Remember last season, Sploorky came up with some questions on day 0? They're most likely to start conversation, to get the ball rolling.

I've made a decision on what I'm going to do. I'm going to vote someone, but don't yet know who. Will read up on tonights posts in the morning before/after the meeting.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I walked back to my room, looking behind me every now and then. I close my door behind me and get into my bed, writing in my journal.
"No one suspicious, yet. Must keep an eye on every movement."
I lay my diary down and pull the covers over my head. Better get a good nights sleep so I can think properly in the morning when we gather again.

Be good, my children c; I'll be back in roughly, say, 8 hours? Just before the meeting.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I walked back to my room, looking behind me every now and then. I close my door behind me and get into my bed, writing in my journal.
"No one suspicious, yet. Must keep an eye on every movement."
I lay my diary down and pull the covers over my head. Better get a good nights sleep so I can think properly in the morning when we gather again.

Be good, my children c; I'll be back in roughly, say, 8 hours? Just before the meeting.
You can take a nap but the day won't be over till we decide on a vote/no lynch. Or night never comes... =3

Status
Not open for further replies.