The Bloody Masquerade Ball [GAME OVER]

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score

Who do you think has the nicest mask right now? I dunno, they're all nice to be honest c:
Are you town-sided? Yup
What do you think is the best way for a player to help the town? It would have to be actively contributing your idea since lurking is scummy (hence why I did it in Supernatural Hotel as Terrorist \o/) and making good decisions in general. Also make sure you know a bluff if you see one, and if you can tell if it's a double bluff or not!

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
[xtable=701x218]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} MAFIA{/td}
{td} TOWN{/td}
{td} CHANCES OF LYNCHING MAFIA{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 9{/td}
{td} 16{/td}
{td} 9 out of 16 = 56%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 8{/td}
{td} 17{/td}
{td} 8 out of 17 = 47%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 7{/td}
{td} 18{/td}
{td} 7 out of 18 = 38%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 6{/td}
{td} 19{/td}
{td} 6 out of 19 = 32%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 5{/td}
{td} 20{/td}
{td} 5 out of 20 = 25%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 4{/td}
{td} 21{/td}
{td} 4 out of 21 = 19%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 3{/td}
{td} 22{/td}
{td} 3 out of 22 = 14%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 2{/td}
{td} 23{/td}
{td} 2 out of 23 = 9%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 1{/td}
{td} 24{/td}
{td} 1 out of 24 = 4%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Endersteve. I just had a week of school and my brain is cooling down XD. I'm not calculating properly yet

All numbers are rounded to a full decimal

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
I'm also factoring in the delay between getting enough people to even make a vote, and that it won't simply be the person with the most votes this time.
Just remember, as stated: If at the end of this Days deadline no player has been lynched yet (with 13 votes), it will not kill the player with the highest amount of votes, as it usually would. So if nobody gets lynched, the day will end without anyone dead.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It seems that I have missed that there's a deadline set in place. I doubt that we're going to learn anything of use during such a small time, so I change my mind. A No Lynch would be the best at this moment. However, we should use the day to the fullest and actively make discussion.

Sploorky

Reaction score
As in previous games, I do feel lynching day 0 is a better choice overall, because it should give us more to go off of Day 1. I don't have any leads however, and if we as the town do decide to go and no lynch, I wouldn't be too terribly fussed about it.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
As in previous games, I do feel lynching day 0 is a better choice overall, because it should give us more to go off of Day 1. I don't have any leads however, and if we as the town do decide to go and no lynch, I wouldn't be too terribly fussed about it.
Yes, that is usually my logic as well, but with a deadline set in place, unless we get really lucky or someone slips right away, I don't think the risk pays off. I'm against No Lynch, yes, but I'm against mindless lynching even more.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Yes, that is usually my logic as well, but with a deadline set in place, unless we get really lucky or someone slips right away, I don't think the risk pays off. I'm against No Lynch, yes, but I'm against mindless lynching even more.
Yeah, if we don't have any big leads, then I won't push a lynch. I do think we shouldn't vote No Lynch, but just let the time roll out, if we can keep meaningful discussion up.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Considering I'm still trying to develop a playstyle. I think currently that we should just stay with a No Lynch for day 0 considering we have a limited time period and we just really can't make concrete suspicions against others right now also I've noticed from the last two games that I've played. It seems that lynching on the first day seems to increase the mafia's chances of winning considering we usually hit a townie/third-party so for now until something happens. I'll be remaining with my plan of No Lynch.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Yeah, if we don't have any big leads, then I won't push a lynch. I do think we shouldn't vote No Lynch, but just let the time roll out, if we can keep meaningful discussion up.
We Can keep a meaningful discussion up. We just need to ask the right questions

Do you have a plan/strategy for catching scum laid out?
Yes. That is all i'll say for now

If we're lucky we can have some scum slip over this question.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
No. I never have one single "strategy" because smart scum (and trust me, with so many experienced players in the game as we have, they're smart) will diversify, create confusion and bus their own partners in order to achieve victory. No single strategy will work, and because of this I look every player separately and rely on logic and hunches that I get from each post, not on a strategy laid out beforehand.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
No. I never have one single "strategy" because smart scum (and trust me, with so many experienced players in the game as we have, they're smart) will diversify, create confusion and bus their own partners in order to achieve victory. No single strategy will work, and because of this I look every player separately and rely on logic and hunches that I get from each post, not on a strategy laid out beforehand.
Let's just add to the question.
Do you have a plan/strategy/TRAP for catching scum laid out?

You can set some pretty elaborate spoken traps out here in mafia :3
Atleast. Hypothetically.
Sorry but my earlier question was a bit unclear x3

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Let's just add to the question.
Do you have a plan/strategy/TRAP for catching scum laid out?

You can set some pretty elaborate spoken traps out here in mafia :3
Atleast. Hypothetically.
Sorry but my earlier question was a bit unclear x3
Again, no. Every "trap" I lay will be prepared on spot when I see a chance, not prepared before I even know if I can use it. I'm a debater and as such, I'm used to improvising and laying traps on the opponent when I know what they're talking about, not working blind and then applying blindly constructed traps.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Of course. Everyone has their own plans just nobody likes bragging about it and letting the Mafia know what they are. ;)

Do you have a plan/strategy/TRAP for catching scum laid out? I personally find this question a bit odd... I mean sure we're trying to get conversation started but it seems like you're trying a bit hard to get us to reveal if we have something planned to take down scum this game. I actually don't have any traps "planned" if I do trap anyone, it will be from their own words not from any planning on my part.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Again, no. Every "trap" I lay will be prepared on spot when I see a chance, not prepared before I even know if I can use it. I'm a debater and as such, I'm used to improvising and laying traps on the opponent when I know what they're talking about, not working blind and then applying blindly constructed traps.
I have made an art of laying out scumtraps. Figuratively speaking they're some sort of bear-trap, You step in it, you're still alive. Tough, make the wrong move and. *sling* death approaches. They're pretty interesting and fun to use really :3

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I have made an art of laying out scumtraps. Figuratively speaking they're some sort of bear-trap, You step in it, you're still alive. Tough, make the wrong move and. *sling* death approaches. They're pretty interesting and fun to use really :3
If you say so. You're quite confident of yourself, but if you can pull it off, I wouldn't mind.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I personally find this question a bit odd... I mean sure we're trying to get conversation started but it seems like you're trying a bit hard to get us to reveal if we have something planned to take down scum this game. I actually don't have any traps "planned" if I do trap anyone, it will be from their own words not from any planning on my part.
This question is not more of having people reveal their plan. It's just a clearly visible attempt to make scum slip up. The chance is small. But it MIGHT succeed. We need to take all the chances we have to try and get scum slip-up.

If You're pro-town you shouldn't have much trouble answering this question :3
Scum might slip-up or make vague or hesitant answers :3

Don't take it too serious

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Havent read all the post because I wanted to fix everyones math here.

With 7 mafia and 18 town, the chance of lynching a mafia is not 7/18. Since we have 25 people, the chance of lynching mafia is 7 out of 25.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Amount of Players{/td}
{td}Amount of non-town[Mafia + Third party]{/td}
{td}Amount of town{/td}
{td}Chance a non-town gets lynched{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}25{/td}
{td}13{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}52%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}25{/td}
{td}12 {/td}
{td}13 {/td}
{td}48% {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}25{/td}
{td}11 {/td}
{td}14 {/td}
{td}44%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}25{/td}
{td}10 {/td}
{td}15 {/td}
{td}40% {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}25{/td}
{td}9 {/td}
{td}16 {/td}
{td}36% {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}25{/td}
{td}8 {/td}
{td}17 {/td}
{td}32% {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

This being Mafia + Third party. Since we wanna lynch those probabily too right? The one I think is most likely to be happening is 10 non-town[with 6 Mafia and 4 Third Party]. Which makes for 40% chance we lynch a non-towner right now. But then again its 60% we lynch a Towny =S

Gonna read other stuff now. But here is the math! =D

Sploorky

Reaction score
Do you have a plan/strategy for catching scum laid out? Nope. I make plans on the fly, and I only try to execute them if I have something to go off of.

This question is not more of having people reveal their plan. It's just a clearly visible attempt to make scum slip up. The chance is small. But it MIGHT succeed. We need to take all the chances we have to try and get scum slip-up.

If You're pro-town you shouldn't have much trouble answering this question :3
Scum might slip-up or make vague or hesitant answers :3
Well if you say that, then doesn't that sort of ruin the original intention of the plan ;)?

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten