The Bloody Masquerade Ball [GAME OVER]

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What do you think is the best way for a player to help the town?
Contribute, doubt, survive. Those three words sum up what you should be doing as town pretty well. Contribution is essential to town victory, as the town's main weapon is lynching. You should always doubt everyone, no matter what rank, no matter who they were in the previous game, no matter how many people seem to go along with them. If you think someone isn't quite what they say they are, bring it to the table. As town you should always be out for your own survival. Getting yourself lynched is the worst thing a town member can do, therefore one should use all means necessary to keep oneself in the game.

Roleplay post coming soon enough.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Don't be a lurker/Don't be afraid to get lynched: Not posting doesn't help town, but getting lynched can confirm that you are innocent, thus giving your words more value.
"But lynching town is bad! D:" - Yes, but it at least gives the remaining town more to go on than shooting in the dark....or...lynching in the light as it were.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Don't be a lurker/Don't be afraid to get lynched: Not posting doesn't help town, but getting lynched can confirm that you are innocent, thus giving your words more value.
"But lynching town is bad! D:" - Yes, but it at least gives the remaining town more to go on than shooting in the dark....or...lynching in the light as it were.
True, but we should never aim to lynch someone so we can find out wether something they said might be true.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Don't lurk. I mean it, don't lurk. Lurking is the ultimate nulltell and nobody can get anything from a lurking player apart from the fact that they are lurking.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
So we have the first thing up for debate, whether to lynch or no lynch. We have a limited amount of time for this day 0, so I don't think we have enough time to collectively choose.

As much as I would like to lynch someone, I don't think we should since we only have a couple days real-time. I feel like a lynch would feel rushed and we would be prone to making a mistake.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So we have the first thing up for debate, whether to lynch or no lynch. We have a limited amount of time for this day 0, so I don't think we have enough time to collectively choose.

As much as I would like to lynch someone, I don't think we should since we only have a couple days real-time. I feel like a lynch would feel rushed and we would be prone to making a mistake.
I disagree. I have always been against a No Lynch and I will not change my opinion now. A No Lynch will not aid us, but the mafia instead.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
We're in a dilemma here. Lynching will be partially Premature but a No-Lynch is just another town day wasted, And we're back to thomorrow with less evidence than today. Just less townies. We could better take a shot in the dark rather than surviving. But let me just put down a table here of chances to shoot in the dark.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score

If there is an odd number of players, it is better to lynch. Given that there are 30 of us, we should no lynch.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Aren't there like 26 of us?
My mistake - there are indeed 26. Regardless, still an even number! Statistically, it's a bad idea to lynch D0 even if mafia do not know their partners. For every person with a valid suspicion, there will be mafia trying to bus potential partners or vote on people who may be deemed threatening.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I just feel pressured due to a time limit, I'm used to having time to rationally think things out. Without having enough content to go off of, I feel that all it really is is a blind shot, so it comes down to who is willing to take it or not. I'm also factoring in the delay between getting enough people to even make a vote, and that it won't simply be the person with the most votes this time.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Here's a quick table of calculations

Currently there are 25 players

MAFIA TOWN CHANCES OF LYNCHING MAFIA

6 19 1 out of 19 = 5,5%

5 20 1 out of 20 = 5%

4 21 1 out of 21 = 4,5%

3 22 1 out of 22 = 4%

Now this is probably faulty. My brain is a pudding of shit atm

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Damnit table messed up >.<

[xtable=751x154]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} MAFIA{/td}
{td} TOWN{/td}
{td} CHANCES OF LYNCHING MAFIA{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 7{/td}
{td} 18{/td}
{td} 1 out of 18 = 6%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 6{/td}
{td} 19{/td}
{td} 1 out of 19 = 5,5%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 5{/td}
{td} 20{/td}
{td} 1 out of 20 = 5%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 4{/td}
{td} 21{/td}
{td} 1 ouf of 21 = 4,5%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 3{/td}
{td} 22{/td}
{td} 1 out of 22 = 4%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you understand how chance works. It's m/n, where m is the number of possibilities you want to know the chance of happening and n is the number of all possibilities.

So... the table should look like this:

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Mafia {/td}
{td}Town {/td}
{td}Chance of lynching mafia {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 7{/td}
{td} 18{/td}
{td} 39%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 6{/td}
{td} 19{/td}
{td} 31.6%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 5{/td}
{td} 20{/td}
{td} 25%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 4{/td}
{td} 21{/td}
{td} 19%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} 3{/td}
{td} 22{/td}
{td} 13,6%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Bear in mind, this is when lynching completely blind.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten