The Bastard Game: Day 5

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Why are you blocking fake Arelic, any reason? Also, if fake Arelic is mafia, now mafia will know not to let fake arelic do the killing. So unless I'm wrong, blocking fake Arelic would only be useful for getting the serial killer and some other possible third partys, otherwise it could prevent town PRs from using their actions.
Is there any particular reason to block fake Arelic or is it just random.

Why do you not even consider him just not posting as he doesn't have a lot to say as an option?

But surely a cop not dying takes priority over an unknown townie dying. After all, a sane cop is one of the most useful roles in the claim.
HK clarified the first paragraph before me and replying on mobile is weird rn.

Second paragraph: This was explained in the post, and notice that when I have put pressure on Notme and his inactivity, suddenly he is more active. If he didn't have a lot to say, I would have thought he would have stated it which is why I didn't consider it as an option.

Third option, it makes sense for you to say that; but you can't protect the cop for the whole game, and you still generally put the town at a disadvantage. You might well keep it vague for all unless you want to make yourself the target.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Runs the whole point of outing Notty's name is so that what is probably the most powerful town role can have protection . Sure it reduces the pool of other PRs and the doctor but what's the point of even having a doctor if they can't keep our cop alive

I'll be back to give a proper post addressing all of yours and Notty's points soon

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Runs the whole point of outing Notty's name is so that what is probably the most powerful town role can have protection . Sure it reduces the pool of other PRs and the doctor but what's the point of even having a doctor if they can't keep our cop alive

I'll be back to give a proper post addressing all of yours and Notty's points soon
Nottykitten can you break the news to inf that you're 100% too stubborn to ever claim your name today <3

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount:

Nottykitten (6) - HKCaper, Fog, Danni122112, One one two, Infected_alien8_, Runemen4
Nottykitten (1) - Notme
No Lynch (1) - Nottykitten

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch and 9 votes to No Lynch.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok notty, put it this way. Which do you think is more likely, that Inf is town or that he is mafia. If you believe he is mafia, then sure, he's probably lying to try to get you to claim (although it wouldn't matter because the doctor would protect you anyways). But if you believe that he is town, then why would he lie about this. I understand that he lied about some other stuff but a well meaning townie wouldn't lie about this. If he's telling the truth, aka if he's town, then the mafia know what your rolename is and subsequently are going to kill you tonight.

• Agree

Iggish

Reaction score
How is not claiming beneficial at all when there is an extremely likely chance that you are going to die tonight. There are two possible negatives I can think of if you do claim.
1. You get roleblocked. It's not ideal but it's better then being dead.
2. Worst case scenario: the doctor gets blocked and you get killed. this is highly unlikely however.

Both of these negatives rely on there being a mafia blocker which we don't even know exists.

Notty, could you actually explain why you don't want to claim?

• Thank You

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount:

Nottykitten (7) - HKCaper, Fog, Danni122112, One one two, Infected_alien8_, Runemen4, Nottykitten
Jivvi (1) - Notme

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch and 9 votes to No Lynch.

• Haha

Iggish

Reaction score
Keeping the cop alive completely out-weighs the negatives IMO. We don't even know if there is a mafia role blocker and the worst case scenario is extremely unlikely.

If there is absolutely no way you are going to claim however, I'll vote for nottykitten and finish the day (I'm presuming notme's vote gets added to the jivvi / fake nottykitten tally so it's now at 8 votes out of 9)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My next biggest read is currently Notme. Just think about this, Notme is one of the most active people on this forum; if he was town he would constantly be trying to help (it's in our AI's nature). This very reasoning means that there is another reason why Notme isn't posting that often:

a) He's mafia and due to him not playing as anti-town often, his probable idea of trying to not look suspicious is to stay quiet so he doesn't leak something suspicious by accident

b) He's genuinely not able to play due to real life problems.

I'm more inclined to believe in Option A because Notme *would* have posted something saying that he's not able to play as frequently. This just means that he has an ulterior motive in not being as active. This also means that I'm less likely to believe in Option B because Notme would try to constantly help and if he was town then he would try to help as much as he can. If he was let's say inactive, the times when he is able to come on the forums and post; I would not be surprised to see large posts on what he thinks. This degree of inactivity displayed by Notme and with my gut feeling, just makes me believe in Option A more.
Notme is very much always like this, very quiet and doesn't contribute much, regardless of alignment, in my experience. Though he does keep using the "I always play like this" excuse, which makes me think it's at the forefront of his mind to ensure he's acting similar to how he usually does, which suggests he's playing on the defense, which could mean he's anti-town. This, combined with the amount of energy he expelled on trying to say that Unu's list was wrong (the list that said he was third party) makes him suspicious to me.
Moving on to claiming names, I would prefer for mafia to guess my name than to out myself. Mafia could, for instance, see my role as being as a detriment to them and they would love to have me killed. If I outed my name right now, I personally think I have a lower chance of surviving than letting them guess my name. Also, having people out their names isn't going to be useful to town. Mafia knows there's a limited set of names which are being used and having people out their names will narrow down the pool of guessing who is who. Having Notty out her name just increases the chance of other people having there named guess, and having a doc protect her doesn't protect the other town who have their names unknown so have a lower chance of being killed. In addition, I can completely understand her concerns for putting her name out as it puts her at a higher risk of dying even with a doc.
I agree that having everyone claim names would significantly reduce the pool of who the doctor could be, since 3 of you have outed as non-doctor and so if Mafia knows their names then that narrows the doc-pool by 3 more people. But having Notty claim their name is absolutely worth it because she's probably our most useful role so I don't see any sense in letting her die just so the doctor and other prs can stay *slightly* more hidden - as in the pool is reduced by one.

1. Not sure why you even decided to claim a doctor-esque role instead of only claiming the existance of the Inn, but probably it's because people are reluctant to lynch doctor roles and with your role you could give false security to PR's by claiming you could go through the name-swap mechanic.
So why did I tell you I couldn't save you then :thinking: if I was Mafia and did that you'd be dead easy tonight. Unless you're assuming the Mafia can't bypass names in which case fair enough.

1. This plan backfired when people were a bit reluctant to believe you since Jivvi's confirmation was not enough for us and I lead a witchhunt to find this Town Interrogator that you two made up. We would lynch you if this Town Interrogator did not step up and you kept insisting he might just not claim, and surprisingly One(your Mafia buddy) also followed this thought where he profusely kept insisting we shouldn't try to out the Town Interrogator. I should also mention that One was the first one to come up with Mafia being able to target actual people. This is a combined effort of you + Jivvi + One to try and convince the town that the Interrogator isn't going to out and trying to make up all kinds of reasons for that. One being right here: http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/the-bastard-game-day-1.20963/page-40#post-407861, I mean 'something I just realized *insert new info about why town interrogator shouldn't out*' is kind of fishy. Nevertheless we kept persisting they out so in your Mafia day chat you hatched the plan where one of you two would claim Town Interrogator incase people were going to lynch you.

Yes I also found it very suspicious how one one two was so protective of the interrogator, since he'd have known they weren't real, but I also saw his logic and can 100% understand why that came from a townie. But his behaviour (and probably the fact he seemed to know about the Mafia bypassing the mechanic though I don't actually remember him saying that, but if he did then this would have likely contributed to my decision) was the reason why I chose him as one of the people I pushed suspicion on to see if I could get a signal, but I did not.
  1. But as more lies/inconsistencies for Jivvi's claim came up and people started taking my side you two were worried since a Jivvi lynch would prove he has no innmaking abilities and cast extreme suspicion on Inf. This would be thursday evening/friday morning, around page 55 where Inf's insistence on me revealing my name became over the top aswell.
What exactly are you saying here, about the link between me wanting you to claim your name and our supposed plan falling through?

1. So they planned on bussing Jivvi and and at the same time give some vague directions on who might be his team so that there might be a mislynch tomorrow,
"vague"

1. So they planned on bussing Jivvi and and at the same time give some vague directions on who might be his team so that there might be a mislynch tomorrow, I mean they had to how else could they explain Inf heavily defending Jivvi? Inf went back to try and find a few posts where he called people suspicious and Jivvi would rate these disagree so it could support Inf's claim of having 'tricked' Jivvi. I mean are we really supposted to believe Jivvi just fell for some fake Mafia claim and even more that he would give away his Mafia team during the day on posts that are litterally only your suspicions, everyone knows that one post saying someone is suspicious isn't a danger at all to the Mafia. Even 1 vote is nothing so 'barking up the wrong tree' is kind of a super bad excuse to try and explain why Jivvi would even give away his teammates in the first place. I'd also like to point out that because Jivvi has since removed his disagrees, we are unable to say whether or not these disagree ratings(spread around different pages) were given on the same day by Jivvi or not.
I don't find it unlikely at all that Jivvi would want to signal to me who his Mafia buddies are considering how I saved his life from you, so to think I was lying and not actually Mafia would have been quite absurd to him probably, so of course he'd want to let me know who his team are so that I didn't push on them too hard and get them lynched. The first signal he gave to me was Arelic, who I'd been pushing on quite hard iirc, and then when I demonstrated to him that I understood his ratings as signals by suddenly backing off Arelic, he probably saw it as an oppurtunity to make sure I didn't try to tunnel vision anyone else on his team. Nipping my suspicions in the bud before they become something substantial and spread to others is the best method of doing this because it'd look 10x more suspicious if I suddenly backed off Oak/Arelic/Ltin after 10 pages of solid arguments against them and so it'd be too late to turn back and it'd risk their lives. I agree though, it's entirely possible he wasn't genuinely fooled by me but we'll have to see.

Also, as I said before, and as I showed with a screenshot, Runemen4 rated his post on Oak after Jivvi at least, so either he can confirm when he did that, or, if it's allowed, you can check his rating activity via his profile and see when he rated it, which I'm pretty sure is a while before, in your head, things go south for us, meaning Jivvi rated it before then even, meaning your theory about Jivvi going back and rating posts within the last couple days is incorrect.

1. I'd also like to point out that it's extremely strange that out of the 6 disagree ratings Jivvi has given this game(2 about my name, 3 about these supposed 'Mafia teammates' and 1 towards something I said), 5 of those were given to you and pertain 100% to your agenda of claiming my flavour name and giving away fake Mafia buddies. I just don't see Jivvi giving away his Mafia team like that and him giving all those disagrees to you while not giving disagrees to anyone else is super suspicious.
Why? I mean it's subtle, it's not as if anyone noticed before I pointed it out. This plan could easily work as a way of communicating if we were both Mafia.

1. Jivvi then removed his ratings so that we couldn't see they were given at the same time(and to make it seem more suspicious!) and while he was at it gave another disagree to you saying I should claim my name to try and give your points more merit. Also he waited super long with giving this transcript about what happened in the inn because he wanted to go over it with Jivvi carefully in the Mafis daychat to try and make it seem as logical as possible.
I agree Jivvi removing his ratings is an odd move and makes me question whether he did this to make it seem like those signals are legit when they aren't, but also if he's doing this to make it seem like he wants to make it seem like they're legit and aren't, when in reality they are. Or maybe he just didn't think it through and panic-removed them, or maybe he removed them as soon as he saw me suddenly say 'Jivvi is Mafia btw', before he actually saw I'd pointed everyone to these posts, so he thought he was covering his tracks.

1. Also he waited super long with giving this transcript about what happened in the inn because he wanted to go over it with Jivvi carefully in the Mafis daychat to try and make it seem as logical as possible.

And wow look at that both One and you are now voting for Jivvi, people believe you and think you can prove yourself by making an inn tonight and you're still pressing me for my name. Your entire argument/defence relies on Jivvi giving away his teammates for no reason and I'm not buying that at all.

I did not wait 'super long' with giving my transcript, I waited until Ender confirmed it. You can see that's true by seeing the timestamps of when you told me to make the transcript, when I said I'd sent it to Ender, and when I sent it in.

I'm still pressing for your name because you're gonna get the town cop killed by not doing.

And no, my entire argument/defence does not rely on Jivvi giving his teammates away for "no reason", he had every reason to think I was Mafia and every reason to think he could trust me and every reason to think that it was a good idea to let me know who not to push on before it got out of hand.

1. I ask everyone to consider this:
    - Why would Jivvi suddenly claim Mafia in this inn instead of just not speaking and killing Inf?
    - Why would Jivvi reveal to dess and Inf that they can kill through the name-swap mechanic?
    - Why when they have a supposed 'communication' role to communicate with dess would Jivvi not just ask for dess's flavour name and communicate with dess outside of the inn to work together THAT NIGHT, but instead claim Mafia for no reason other than to tell Inf he's going to die.

- Inf claims he can't invite himself to the Inn yet his 'fake claim' towards Jivvi in the inn transcript seems to rely on Inf being able to make another night chat with Jivvi the night after. This doesn't add up.

It doesn't make any sense for Jivvi to do or say ANY of the things described in this inn transcript it seems like a bunch of nonsense and lies to me.

2. You're town and Jivvi is Mafia. Jivvi didn't switch his kill at all but was convinced that you(Inf) were going to die tonight so he didn't mind claiming all the nonsense he said in the chat.

Jivvi is the one that can charge abilities up and he used it on the person that would execute the nightkill. He didn't believe Inf's claim at all (I mean who would) and they were planning on murdering Inf but this failed to work when Rune roleblocked Jivvi's upcharing ability and instead the flavour Inf(Weak) died tonight. Now Jivvi panicked and instead tried to pretend to believe Inf and after getting a accused with a guilty report decided the best thing he could do is trick Inf into believing he got signals by rating stuff.
Honestly I was thinking #2 being pretty likely but honestly when writing out #1 and coming up with the questions I bolded where Jivvi's actions and words make no sense it seems more likely to me that things still aren't what they seem with you Inf.

One thing is for sure though, Jivvi should be lynched today.
- Why would Jivvi suddenly claim Mafia in this inn instead of just not speaking and killing Inf?
He did not speak at first, like I've said/implied a lot. But then when Dess claimed, he spoke, I'm assuming because he saw an oppurtunity to get Dess on his side. If he had remained hidden, Dess could've easily spoken about Jivvi's suspicious silence the next day, but Dess's claim provided Jivvi with a way of getting another Mafia member (effectively) and getting away with doing whatever he wanted in the inn, because he would kill me.

- Why would Jivvi reveal to dess and Inf that they can kill through the name-swap mechanic?
Why not? He was convinced enough I was going to die tonight so why not tell me how and give Dess, his ally, some new information in the process? You can read the transcript to get an idea of the context in which he said it.

- Why when they have a supposed 'communication' role to communicate with dess would Jivvi not just ask for dess's flavour name and communicate with dess outside of the inn to work together THAT NIGHT, but instead claim Mafia for no reason other than to tell Inf he's going to die.
Because, again like I've said/implied a lot, this all happened near the end of the night. He probably didn't want to risk waiting for his mafia partner with the communication role to do it for him - it'd be annoying having to relay everything Jivvi wanted to say to Dess through this other person and have that person and Jivvi confirm they're in Mafia together with some codeword or whatever, when Jivvi could just say it to his face right then and there, and it didn't matter because I was going to die that night. I'll admit I thought it was a bit of a risk being so confident in me dying since, whilst it was unlikely, it was possible the kill wouldn't go through due to protection/blocks. And remember, Jivvi couldn't lie in this detector or else the lie would be told to a town PR (from his perspective) so he probably thought it was a good method of having Dess trust his word about their bypass-mechanic, since the alliance he was setting up with dess hinged on their ability to bypass the name mechanic so that they could tell Dess their kill with confidence.

- Inf claims he can't invite himself to the Inn yet his 'fake claim' towards Jivvi in the inn transcript seems to rely on Inf being able to make another night chat with Jivvi the night after. This doesn't add up.
??? Why does this not add up? Am I not allowed to lie about my role in my fake claim or what?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
For some reason Enderpfive decided to have fun:
Danni122112 (10) - One one two, TheWeakGuy48_, Fog, Infected_alien8_, Iggish, Aqua, Notme, hipman500, Ooglie101, Nottykitten
Aqua (2) - Oak63, Danni122112
Arelic (1) - HKCaper
Danni122112 (1) - Unusual_Dood

My vote counted properly in previous mafia day.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I think there is like max 3 people that actually follow the discussion on Jivvi/nottykitten/inffy at this point.

I just read your entire thing and it doesnt add anything for me to either side Infected_alien8_ Its just more.. talk and bickering.

I do not think there is a point of discussing this further. Jivvi with the rolename nottykitten will be lynched today.

Notty may have his own reasons for not saying his name, reasons he doesnt feel like sharing, or maybe he just wants to be a stick, I do not beleive however that asking him more times to reveal it will make him do so.

If you got anything more to discuss inffy, I would ask you for it to be "in case I die tonight" things, and also if there are anything else we should do before we lynch jivvi, or villager night actions, etc.

Iggish

Reaction score
Wait Infected_alien8_ I have a question.
This may be obvious to others / have already been answered but how did Dess die?
You said in the transcript to Jivvi that you were going to kill Dessern and then he died. Does this mean that you have a killing ability, because that doesn't seem very town sided. You also said that the mafia went for Notty and Rune blocked the kill so that means that the mafia certainly didn't kill dess.
So the options are that you killed dess or that it was a massive coincidence that he died from the serial killer / vigilante. Which is it?

Iggish

Reaction score
Notty may have his own reasons for not saying his name, reasons he doesnt feel like sharing, or maybe he just wants to be a stick, I do not beleive however that asking him more times to reveal it will make him do so.
Yeah, I'm just asking one last time, just in case notty listens to reason, then I'll probably vote for fake notty / jivvi. I also want her to give a proper answer as to why claiming would not be a good idea. Nottykitten if you have your own reasons and wouldn't like to share them, then say that, but I would like an answer.

• Agree

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If you read my post correctly, I said that it's a bad 'alternative' of making her out with the disadvantages and also by the very fact that I will not block you tonight (I will however switch if people want me to).
But it's not a bad alternative. Why on earth is it a good idea for the cop to die just so that the mafia can't have their doctor possibilities narrowed by one person? And I was asking Notty if she'd feel more comfortable outing her name if I was being blocked since she seemed to distrust me. If she said yes, then since it'd be important for her to out her name, I'd have requested that you block me instead tonight.
So saying that I should re-read the thread because you misunderstood makes zero sense. Using me so you can get your way just seems dodgy to me. You also haven't read the conversation like you stated because you said this: tonight instead of hk? If you did understand the conclusion, you would have said: tonight instead of Arelic? So saying you fully understood and yet used this as your alternative shows that you have misread:
What??? Arelic = HK. You're blocking Arelic aka hk. And you did seem to misread what I said because it seemed like you were saying "you're wrong, you won't be blocked tonight, I'm blocking hk/arelic" when I wasn't saying otherwise, I was just saying that you could change it to me if it helped keep the cop safe by her outing her name. And what do you mean "using me so you can get your way"???

I guess instead of using 'excuse' for the first sentence, it should have been something like 'concession' but even with those words, you haven't read my post fully where I state later on that even having doc protect Notty, you still put other town at a disadvantage.
I have no idea what you mean here when you say "excuse for the first sentence, it should have been somethiing like 'concession', can you clarify that please?

But I have read your post fully, and it doesn't make sense to let out cop die just to protect our other town members. Cop is like our most valuable role.

I know you didn't, I didn't state you did but I did say that I think it's a bad excuse to out when you include the disadvantages to others when you have her outing.
Again, I see no reason to let the cop die for the sake of other prs being *slightly* (and yes it's extremely slightly - one less name to guess on who the doctor is) more vulnerable

HKcaper, if someone blocks you, then some guy with HKcaper flavor name will be blocked.
If someone blocks Arelic, then you will get blocked, as you are flavor Arelic.

For example Danni got lynched and flavor Danni (Aqua) got lynched instead.
Yes he knows, that's what he's saying

Rip my picture didn't work but yeah, this makes no sense to me
Yeah I must have missed this but Runemen4 why does Notty outing herself make her any more vulnerable when the doc can save her with her name out ? Also;
In addition, I can completely understand her concerns for putting her name out as it puts her at a higher risk of dying even with a doc.
As I've said before, the Mafia can bypass the mechanic. She will be a whole lot less vulnerable to death if she just claimed her name.

Meanwhile welcome back to me and Iggish against the world (although this time we're probably both town </3)

notty C L A I M

I guess hes Bastard and decides to mess with voting of random person.
Unusual_Dood try voting on Jivvi.
Pretty sure one person will gain this disease each day and eventually the mechanic will die out

From now on you should assume that any actions you send in, go to that player, not to the name that that player has.

So if you do an action say, save Notty, it will save Notty, not notty's name. For you and unu, that is.

That's my theory anyway.

Wait Infected_alien8_ I have a question.
This may be obvious to others / have already been answered but how did Dess die?
You said in the transcript to Jivvi that you were going to kill Dessern and then he died. Does this mean that you have a killing ability, because that doesn't seem very town sided. You also said that the mafia went for Notty and Rune blocked the kill so that means that the mafia certainly didn't kill dess.
So the options are that you killed dess or that it was a massive coincidence that he died from the serial killer / vigilante. Which is it?
I didn't kill Dess, so it's a coincidence.

• Optimistic