The Bastard Game: Day 5

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
I'm sorry for being removed from the thread. I'm participating in another game of mafia off-site that's been going on for 2 weeks and I'm still alive, so I'm suffering some mafia burnout. I promise I'm town, though, and I'm paying just enough attention to make informed votes and night actions.

scumreads on Notme and Arelic. I don't like raxo's one-liners--they're too low-effort--and everything Claire posts seems to be mostly useless mechanical speculation rather than attempts at game solving.

• Sad
Reactions: Notme

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
But it'd only be worth it if you had much to offer.
I sadly dont have much to offer, at least nothing worth more than keeping a town pr's flavour name hidden, which will both protect oog (altough im not sure how strong his role is) and (as i said) provide more cover for the doc.

If you insist you could still add me to the inn with danni and 1 other, but i dont think oog should claim flavour name for it.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
so i'm the Town Neighbour and i share a day chat with another neighbour (i wont reveal them obv - btw i have no information about their allignment) BUT our day chat is called "The Bastard Game: Neighbours' Day Chat" as opposed to "The Bastard Game: Neighbours' Daychat"
Did you pick this other player? If not,since your role name is 'Town Neighbour' could that mean that the other player in that chat is also called '---- Neighbour'? Did anything useful get said there so far (dont tell what, just if in your opinion)?

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Right now I'd say there are:
- ca. 4 players with high activity
- ca. 4 players with medium-high activity
- ca. 2 players with medium activity
- ca. 7 player with low activity

I know it is gonna be hard to get the ca. 7 players to be more active (especially since the deadline is coming up). So i think we should really try to wrap up this day (dont rush it, just figure out what we want to do exactly), and see tomorow how we can get the low activity players to give more input.

also Unusual_Dood Notme it seems both your voting now ignores the flavour mechanic (unu voted aqua earlier, and got told by ender it was disrespectful to vote for the dead). This probably means there is either a role doing this, or a weird Ender created mechanic at play. Eitherway we should be causious, since it is likely tomorow there will be another play who can bypass voting mechanic. Why is this risky? I feel like if their votes ignore the flavour mechanic, so could their night actions (if they have any). Also, it is unclear how this happens. If this feature is given without the player knowing, that could potentially cause them to put out a night action, ending up being cast on the wrong person (real instead of flavour). Would be nice to keep an eye out for this feature and how it works.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Did you pick this other player? If not,since your role name is 'Town Neighbour' could that mean that the other player in that chat is also called '---- Neighbour'? Did anything useful get said there so far (dont tell what, just if in your opinion)?
i mean my general rule of thumb is that in escres mafia games, whenever theres a neighbour-esque role there is 1 town 1 mafia but i thought in a deception game it may have just been made to 2 town

i didnt pick the other person (the day chat isnt the role PM)

and no day chats are literally 100% useless honestly
i mean we shared some reads & our role names but thats about it

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
i mean my general rule of thumb is that in escres mafia games, whenever theres a neighbour-esque role there is 1 town 1 mafia but i thought in a deception game it may have just been made to 2 town

i didnt pick the other person (the day chat isnt the role PM)

and no day chats are literally 100% useless honestly
i mean we shared some reads & our role names but thats about it
if you dont mind telling us, did that other person also claim to have role 'Town Neighbour'?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also Unusual_Dood Notme it seems both your voting now ignores the flavour mechanic (unu voted aqua earlier, and got told by ender it was disrespectful to vote for the dead). This probably means there is either a role doing this, or a weird Ender created mechanic at play. Eitherway we should be causious, since it is likely tomorow there will be another play who can bypass voting mechanic. Why is this risky? I feel like if their votes ignore the flavour mechanic, so could their night actions (if they have any). Also, it is unclear how this happens. If this feature is given without the player knowing, that could potentially cause them to put out a night action, ending up being cast on the wrong person (real instead of flavour). Would be nice to keep an eye out for this feature and how it works.
That's a really great point, Notme Unusual_Dood from now on I think you should assume you bypass the mechanic, including abilities you may have

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
well no but it seemed courteous

THATS HOW GOOD NEIGHBOURS BECOME GOOD FRIENDS (shout out to my uk peeps)
i guess even if the other person would be able to kill you, you are quite harmless, so there isnt any need not to give that info, and if the other person is also town, you would be able to back each other up. Fair.

just an idea (but we could wait with this for a bit), would it be a good idea for the other 'town neighbour' to come out. it wouldnt really put either of you at risk, or town at a disadvantage. if the people from inf's post to turn out to be mafia, the hunt for possible last mafia sided player, or a SK still has to go down. especially for finding a SK (assuming there is, since there were 2 kills last night, and mafia kill was probably blocked) it would be useful to have two players who are 'guaranteed' to be town. The other player would be able to confirm your claim, and it would sorta 'proof' two town players (or at least proof they arent likely to be SK imo, one could possibly be mafia)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
i told the other neighbour not to out so that doctor pool isnt made smaller

uh i'll specify a piece of evidence that they can use rn incase i die (trust me it will make sense just remember i said this as the evidence isnt 100% concrete so you'll have to have some trust)

Reactions: HKCaper

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Where is Jivvi or any of the other 3 accused
hello I’m away at the moment I’ll try to respond tomorrow (in like 20 hours maybe)
Well
That is quite a post inf
So long I kinda just skimmed over a lot of it.

Also it is wrong

At least on my count.
It is also quite convenient that two of your suspicions are fairly inactive, and you also already held suspicions on two of them.

Presumably you have some way of communicating with Jivvi?
I see no way this thing could have been planned in any way without that (excluding the night chat, in which something this convoluted didn't come up unless I missed it (that was one of the parts I skimmed over)).

Also you make a lot of assumptions as well in this.
I'm real busy tonight so that is all I have to say AND NOW BACK TO MY ESSAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays
So:
- Jivvi didnt respond yet, only removed the ratings Inffy spoke off.
- Arelic has been away, as can be seen in the quote, im sure she'll reply once she is caught up again tomorow.
- Ltin made a post saying it was wrong, but there wasnt really too much substance.
- Oak is god knows where.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fog can you confirm once you've redacted your choice of Notty/Jivvi since there's no way you'd be allowed access to Mafia chat since that would be incredibly broken, you could just join and get the entire mafia team on one night, if you claimed your name and doc protected you, or if you lied to them in the mafia chat and said you were a new member so they'd have no reason to kill you. It'd make no sense for that to be a real thing in the game and your ability is probably better used on someone else (and I say 'probably' because I don't know Jivvi's role but I strongly advise you cancel being on jivvi).

In a nice world, notty would claim her name, you'd go on notty, danni would go on notty, doc would go on notty, so in the event that the doc is blocked or something and notty is attacked, we have two people who can take her place, in case there's a second blocker or something that stops fog/danni. I'm not considering the possibility of a strongman because like I said earlier:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh i think inf must be some sort of killer cause he's trying to get notty's name out pretty hard; one of the first things he told me and dess was that he could kill someone in his inn so im wondering if thats his actual role and he's trying to get rid of the cop cause then town should be almost a non-issue for him and he can worry about the mafia

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh i think inf must be some sort of killer cause he's trying to get notty's name out pretty hard; one of the first things he told me and dess was that he could kill someone in his inn so im wondering if thats his actual role and he's trying to get rid of the cop cause then town should be almost a non-issue for him and he can worry about the mafia
Oh please you're just saying that so that Notty's too scared to out her name and your mafia friends can kill her tonight