[Suggestion] Throw-back weekend

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Throw-back weekend.

I believe I raised this suggestion in chat once, maybe with Ogarci there (I'm fairly certain) and I'd like to know hey at you guys think.

A whole weekend, from the meeting for 48 hours, the original RoF maps, the old classic ones, the ones that I (personally) miss so dearly much.
The maps would include:
Paradise
Sanctuary
Water pit
Glacier
(This is all I can currently think of, suggest some more maps if you can think of some that were there near to the start of RoF)

I hope I'm not the only one who misses the old maps. They hardly show in the rotation, and a weekend of playing them, I feel, would bring back memories that I'm sure most of us would like to remember.

Hope this idea is really though through by the high staff and it happens ^_^
~coolio

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
I'm okay with with it, but I'm not sure on my opinion right now. A part of me says "I sorta like the new maps, and the old maps have popped up a fair amount of times for me, they aren't all that rare" and a part of me says "yes this might be fun". I do think that it'd get a bit repetitive to have only those maps for two days of the week.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
"I sorta like the new maps, and the old maps have popped up a fair amount of times for me, they aren't all that rare" and a part of me says "yes this might be fun". I do think that it'd get a bit repetitive to have only those maps for two days of the week.
For the times I've been on, especially as of late, I haven't seen any of the maps I named. They're some if the old maps, the good days. Maybe even chuck in the original biomes, haven't seen that too much either. I did ask for opinions, so I knew there would be at least one stick in the mud :p

63LittlePiggy63

Piggalina
Reaction score
Website
mouvementdefleur.com
I like the idea, but I think it'd be a lot of hard coding work to get the tiny classic maps back into the giant Premium worlds that we have now. Especially with that many maps, the directors would have to get all the download links back, and then somehow paste in and add it into the queue for one weekend. Seems like a lot of work for one weekend, but I do like the idea. c:

Sploorky

Reaction score
I like the idea, but I think it'd be a lot of hard coding work to get the tiny classic maps back into the giant Premium worlds that we have now. Especially with that many maps, the directors would have to get all the download links back, and then somehow paste in and add it into the queue for one weekend. Seems like a lot of work for one weekend, but I do like the idea. c:
Don't think it'd be a huge issue. I would think it's pretty much the same as setting up normal maps, just with an extra step of porting the map to premium. All the maps are stored, DL links wouldn't be an issue.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Don't think it'd be a huge issue. I would think it's pretty much the same as setting up normal maps, just with an extra step of porting the map to premium. All the maps are stored, DL links wouldn't be an issue.
Would you think it would be a possibility? What I mean is do you think Ogarci and dirtcake would consider it?

• Optimistic
Reactions: crafter