Spamming likes

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dil

-Takes a deep breath-

There's an option to turn this shit off. Lrn2thread. I don't know why everyone insisted on ignoring Defiant_Blob 's post, and instead continued with the massive shit storm.

However, as for other people's profiles, why'd you want the likes out of the way? If I was going to stalk someone, hell, I'd record every last rating, response, thread, quote, picture and message they've ever written into separate word documents. That's how a real stalker works, as some people may know me to do so to them, right AvantGarde -Throws creepy grin over to him- :roflmao:

Anyway, that's my opinion (and since it's mine it's probably right) so please segregate me from the shit storm this thread has oh so lovingly caused, because I'm not responding to someone who just wants to be right.
Hey, I'm right, you better not respond :mad:

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
-Takes a deep breath-

There's an option to turn this shit off. Lrn2thread. I don't know why everyone insisted on ignoring Defiant_Blob 's post, and instead continued with the massive shit storm.

However, as for other people's profiles, why'd you want the likes out of the way? If I was going to stalk someone, hell, I'd record every last rating, response, thread, quote, picture and message they've ever written into separate word documents. That's how a real stalker works, as some people may know me to do so to them, right AvantGarde -Throws creepy grin over to him- :roflmao:

Anyway, that's my opinion (and since it's mine it's probably right) so please segregate me from the shit storm this thread has oh so lovingly caused, because I'm not responding to someone who just wants to be right.
That's for alerts. This is about recent activity. Different things. We're not ignoring his post.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Dio4344 personally, I'd like to see your response to this besides saying something like:
See that's just really stupid
I just noticed after I posted this thread and you guys are doing it MORE to try and get my angry. Please stop
Something that relates to the actual topic you brought up, reply to some of the ideas you like so we can know what you're thinking about it because it is your thread. You getting angry at the people who are going off topic, which I don't necessarily blame you for it, because that is annoying, but you derailed from the topic as well to reply, and that's is really all I've seen you say.
Now, you did also say:
In my opinion this whole spam thing is a good idea too turn off
Now, I'm not sure what you were saying here. Were you saying this in response to what GMK said?
Personally, I really just want to know your whole opinion to a lot of the stuff people have said about the actual topic. Idk, just something longer than a sentence here and there.
(I'm just thinking out loud a little :p)

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
...You're seriously complaining about the like system?
I'm not sure whether to like your post or slap you with a brick.
What he was saying in the main post, was that he ment that the recent activity was "spammed" by likes, and then, just a suggeting that maybe only like 5 likes a minute.

The way that GmK made it now, is good, so that every one are happy =)

• Useful
Reactions: JKangaroo

_4_

Reaction score
I've seen this happen before, but I don't really think it's that big of a deal. I mean every now and then I'll see someone whose liked everything on someones profile but as a joke and doesn't usually happen more then once by the same person. Likes are just pixels on a screen I don't see anything wrong with it.

EDIT:

Oooh sorry didn't realize that this was a few weeks old lol. Damn news feed.

MDooley15

Reaction score
Website
www.helpfeedthetroll.com
Dio can see the future?(Relevant to the topic better than making a new thread not a nercopost.)

The last hour in blocktopia. (Been happening for almost a week or so)

Really?
Why didn't your screen shots show the people that enjoyed it? Just the negatives. Some people need to lighten up!

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
No offence guys, but this thread 6-7 months old, it's time to move on.

If you really have a problem with all the alerts you're receiving just modify your alert preferences. After you've done that, just drop the topic and move along. There's no need to stir things up all again. It's agitating me, and probably others, so forget about it please.

Kthx.

Edit:

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
When you look at http://blocktopia.net/forum/recent-activity/ it is just clouded with like spam when this happens and you can't look at the recent post or ratings without scrolling through 60 of these likes until you get back to the normal feed. The issue started back up a few weeks ago. If 80% of the status's are about spamming likes then it is obviously an issue.
I obviously don't want to start this thread up again, so I'll leave it at this...
You're not being forced to read someone's activity, and it's not much of an issue. If you really have a problem with it you should have a chat with an admin instead of firing this thread up all over again. That's my advice, that's all. c:
I really suggest this thread to be locked, tbh.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Liking irrelevant/random posts on people's profiles excessively achieves nothing and serves no purpose. As a result of multiple complaints of this spam I must ask you both to cease this behaviour. While yes, this is intended to be a fun and free environment, people do not come here to be bothered with hundreds of unnecessary likes or have to scroll through pages of 'Recent Activity' just to reach some purposeful content.

Many thanks,
Baker

• Thank You
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852
Status
Not open for further replies.