Solitude - A request for a return.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
[panel]
?/?/????
Entry 1 - Day 1
This is Duffie, reporting with commission. I've chosen to talk through this pipboy of mine, so I can keep track of the things I do. I've learned some things, such as the sun hurts you, with a thing known as 'radiation'. It isn't much, but I'm sure it'll be fi--@(*&#^!(& [The transmission ends here.]
?/?/????
Entry 2 - Night 1
Duffie again. Keeping traveling to a minimum, I found almost nothing. I keep seeing obsidian trees, with iron leaves, as well as glowstone trunks and some bare wooden trees... I took some of the logs for my own benefit, as well as some of the sand and sandstone below my feet. Through the night, I kept hearing this ticking sound... Looking at my pipboy, I realized I was still taking radiation damage. I fell back into my not-so-sturdy home, and now I'm making myself some charcoal. Wouldn't hurt to have some light. Duffie, out.
?/?/????
Entry 3 - Day 2
Back, with a full supply of torches. Still no food... Looking at the map of my pipboy, I can definitely say food will be an issue. My best bet will probably be to go down, looking for mushrooms... Be back in a bit.
?/?/????
Entry 4 - Day 2
Alright, bad idea... I feel closer to death than ever... I can't take too many hits left... I should just give up... I'm going to craft a sign, stating this is my death point... As well as a chest to carry my stuff. I always wanted to die cleanly.
?/?/????
Entry 5 - Night 2
You know what? Screw it, I'm going back down. I don't care if I die now, I'm going to try to survive, and I'm going to die in style.
?/?/????
Entry 6 - ???
Alright, found a zombie. Disgusting as it was, I ate some rotten flesh. I still feel tired and weak, but at least I'm not too hungry... But I have to find more. I'm going to die down here, so I'd best make it worth it.
?/?/????
Entry 7 - ???
Duffie here, reporting in. Traveling around down here, I keep finding these stairs, like... decents into Hell itself. I also found these weird... Towers of clay. I don't know what's going on, but I guess I don't really care much. I just can't stop thinking about food... And I still haven't found any zombies. I'll keep looking, I guess.
?/?/????
Entry 8 - ???
Duffie here, back to report. I keep hearing this damn spider nearby. I'm trying to find the source, but I can't seem to find it. It's making me on the damn edge of my insanity. I'll just be more wary.
?/?/????
Entry 9 - ???
Found the spider. I thought it would be above me, turns out it was below. But... I found more clay towers. What's going on down here? I'll keep checking it o--@!^*&#$(#)*@^))*+^$ [The transmission ends here]
?/?/????
Entry ? - ????
(*&#$(%^*!*&^ --Is-- *(!&#^$*#^ --Is this th-- (*&(&#$ --on? I looked into the towers of clay. They're doing some crazy sh-- &(!@&(^$#%$() --don't know what to do, but I'm getting followed. There're BLAZES down here! Nether abominations down here! This really IS Hell! I thought I was kidding! [Silence, with burning noises in the background.] [Whisper]I-I need to get out of here. I'm going back up, no death is worth thi-- @%*($)*!@_^^!$^%#%$$&*( [The transmission ends with a sizzle of flames.] [/panel]

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Can't wait until August 2nd, where I can possibly play again. o. o

It'd be amazing to find journals after 1.3, though. Reading through whatever people could write down, if they even wanted to.
Server will be a test till 1.3 hits. After all is updated for 1.3, we will start it fresh and properly. Currently I'm just looking at the game mechanisms, changes, etc.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
It's not that big ;)

And thanks for liking, wasnt sure if the terrain generator is useful.
Then I'm sure the size is probably fine. xP

The main problem I fell into was food, just like last time.

Sadly, I didn't think of zombie flesh until I was on the brink of death.

Just like last time.

So, nothing big. :p

Thank you very much for opening a Solitude server, GmK. Although my experience this time around was very small, I still quite enjoyed it. :laugh:

• Agree
Reactions: DJJonosound

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
It's not that big ;)

And thanks for liking, wasnt sure if the terrain generator is useful.
Its pretty big xD
its atleast from -2000, -2000 to 10000, 10000

And for the game, its very fun!
I wandered around looking for people and I run into Smaned yesdterday!
We explored a town a bit and then seperated. Now I am just alone, trying to make a nether portal =D

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
I was digging to find ores then lag appeared out of nowhere and made me fall into lava :s unbanned 2 august
Totally know the feeling, only I'm more wary with monsters on that note. Whenever I'm near lava, I know I'll probably lag and fall in, so I hold onto my crouch key with dear life.

Okay I have set up a relay antenna and an antenna itself, both maxed.

I hope to see survivors. :p
The radio tower is still available? I think I need a refresher on how to make one, again.

I'm sure compasses are still radios and tell you how much radiation you possess, right?

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
The radio tower is still available? I think I need a refresher on how to make one, again.

I'm sure compasses are still radios and tell you how much radiation you possess, right?
Yeah, just have a source of redstone power then place an iron block. Then above it, you can place iron bars to increase the range. And for the compass, I'm not sure about that, I really really lack iron. Haha
Protip: Don't place your antenna outside. I had to learn it the hard way.. twice..

EDIT: Yes compass works.