Solitude - A request for a return.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Alright, Assuming we do get a Solitude server, this is what the few of us agreed on. (Note, I am speaking for those who I talked to; I didn't reach everyone)

The map is used for the entire month and if you die, you're dead for an entire weekend. We agree'd on half of the normal minerals. That's pretty much all I think you need for the map and server; atleast what I can think about.

• Agree
Reactions: balloon98

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I also think having the map as a wasteland would work well, too. Just like how it used to be. No grass, dead trees with branches. etc. etc.

I like the idea of reduced materials, I think that would cause more challenge, and give the feeling that someone had already been here, and pillaged all of the coal, iron, gold, etc.

Shinyshark, what exactly do you mean by an entire weekend?

Like, you have to wait until the next weekend in order to be unbanned? One week* is long enough to sustain damage. Once you were banned, and came back, when you were unbanned, everything would have hastily changed.

*If we were going to have Solitude, the ban would depend on what days we play. If we only play on the weekends, it would have to wait until next weekend to be unbanned. If we played all week, I would say after Thursday or Friday, you have to wait to be unbanned until the weekend after.

Shinyshark

Reaction score
Shinyshark, what exactly do you mean by an entire weekend?

Like, you have to wait until the next weekend in order to be unbanned? One week* is long enough to sustain damage. Once you were banned, and came back, when you were unbanned, everything would have hastily changed.

*If we were going to have Solitude, the ban would depend on what days we play. If we only play on the weekends, it would have to wait until next weekend to be unbanned. If we played all week, I would say after Thursday or Friday, you have to wait to be unbanned until the weekend after.
You get banned for the weekend, the server is down during the week. You come back next weekend on the same map if it's the same world. If you die, then you'll have to try to catch up. That's what I meant with it.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
You get banned for the weekend, the server is down during the week. You come back next weekend on the same map if it's the same world. If you die, then you'll have to try to catch up. That's what I meant with it.
Oh, that would be fine by me. If the server was up all week, it'd be completely empty, because everyone would be dead. Then people would come on, find it's empty, and just leave. I completely agree with a weekend only Solitude.

I also, once again, agree with banishment until the next weekend. The spawn should be random as it used to be, as well.

And if we get a server for Solitude, 1.3 will surely benefit it.

EDIT : The only thing that is really nagging me is that, we probably won't have an 'Enclave', if we get a server for Solitude. That part made the server pretty special, too. That had kept us on our toes even more than we had to anticipate, because then we would have supercharged creepers falling from the sky.

Fatalis

Reaction score
That would be nice. Though it might be annoying if you're working on something then forget what it is next week...

Looks like I'll have to recreate Utopia hidden away in our wasteland.

Shinyshark

Reaction score
EDIT : The only thing that is really nagging me is that, we probably won't have an 'Enclave', if we get a server for Solitude. That part made the server pretty special, too. That had kept us on our toes even more than we had to anticipate, because then we would have supercharged creepers falling from the sky.
If it does come that far that they will accept the server and do want an Enclave, then I'm sure they will be able to find a person who can roleplay pretty well.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Thank you, shinyshark (and the others who helped) for trying to bring back our lovely solitude server!
In my opinion, this server was the best. At first I didn't quite understand it, but then I bought fallout and I was instantly hooked to both fallout and solitude. The atmosphere and the gameplay was magnificent on its own, and I loved the way hardcore survival was implemented. Every day you had to think, 'okay, how am I going to live for another day?'. It really gave the feel of an apocalypse, especially on the first map. I have recently been playing mineZ, and I have to say, it reminds me of solitude. The local chat, the raiders, the environment, everything. I would really be happy to have the server back, and hope this server does come back. :)

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Heheh.. Baker93 tried to swim in lava. Baker93 left the game. Heh heh.. I love this server..

Thanks for bringing this back, I just logged on to check it quickly before I went to bed. Pretty cool, I spawned in a crater and the clicking noises almost made my ears melt. Thanks so much :)

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten