SMP [Suggestion/Discussion]

Do you support this server? (Don't vote until 100% sure on either side)

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
A curious question (dunno if I've asked this yet but still, Hockeyfan1852), what your thoughts be on JtE but will full PvP and SMP4 life clans system?
If pre-made towns are be removed. That would be a great server!
My goodness, to my knowledge, Sancti hasn't bought a single entity within the Empire. As far as I'm concerned all of our acquisitions were diplomatic or given in charity. But hey, maybe you know something I don't. ;)

Also, you bring up a good point about us not really being active. I really wish there was some method to check if we had active, helpful players. But hey, that application's already 2 whole weeks old! Perhaps after these two weeks all my members have vanished.

The goal of JtE is to get city status? Who decided that? Sancti Crustulam got City status and we haven't gone anywhere my friend! It's not our fault that we stuck around where others gave up. :p

Also, several points have been made against this. Simply saying that everyone wants to be in a big clan is completely wrong, as you know many of us disagree with you. In fact, the vote is incredibly divided. So yes, points against this post are being brought up. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't valid my friend!
You know what I mean by bought added dead clans into Sancti. Applying for city doesn't mean every player on that list is active. Someone could easily be pulling the weight for the entire clan. We are not on the main topic of the thread anymore, the poll is now useless we are now discussing SMP4 with JtE features from one of my posts last page.

Players killed by other players don't lose their items on death.

I would hope this could make PvP more fun and less of a chore for those who get stabbed in the back trying to build their house.

Perhaps nighttime only PvP too.
Keeping your inventory would just be no point to fight someone and PvP at night did not work out according to a few people.

• Disagree
Reactions: MustabearXD

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
A curious question (dunno if I've asked this yet but still, Hockeyfan1852), what your thoughts be on JtE but will full PvP and SMP4 life clans system?
Sigh, this is where I disagree with you on a high level...

Before hand, though I disagree with some things you/others have posted thank you for posting this Hockey, always awesome to hear opinions thrown around and I feel the only way the server will ever change like people want is if they -say- there true feelings.

Now, you talk about how pre-made towns should be removed, but why? There are many, many different servers that advertise [FACTIONS] [ECONOMY] [INSERTTHINGSHERE] #MLGPROSWAGYOLOBILLYBOB4424SMPLOL JOIN 2DAY, but not many servers that offer something JtE and a server like it can offer: A story. The NPCs, pre-made goverment towns, (former) quests and everything else help create a nice storyline you won't find in most other servers and creates a unique feel to the game. I believe someone stated (though I can't find the post) that the SMP like servers are dying and will soon be replaced by servers such as RoF, AoD, etc. (in other words, gamemodes you cannot play in single player) but I disagree in the fact you CAN'T make a storyline in a single player world, you CAN'T do a quest and be surprised, you CAN'T do dungeons, CAN'T create a clan, etc. etc. which is why more vanilla SMP I must admit is a terrible idea but there is indeed a reason JtE has gone on for 9 MONTHS. A fact many people seem to forget, JtE has been around for 9 months without a map reset or anything super major like that!

Now, my question:

Why are you against a JtE like server with a storyline, pre-made towns, etc. but perhaps with full PvP and a simpler clans sytem?

Kivifreak

Reaction score
I personally like a Mindcrack server more where we could make machines and stuff.
Every server (but BB ofc) is PvP already. Why not expand the PvE? We could make public farms etc.

On the other hand having a server like Solitude would be a nice addition to round it all up.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

Before hand, though I disagree with some things you/others have posted thank you for posting this Hockey, always awesome to hear opinions thrown around and I feel the only way the server will ever change like people want is if they -say- there true feelings.

Now, you talk about how pre-made towns should be removed, but why? There are many, many different servers that advertise [FACTIONS] [ECONOMY] [INSERTTHINGSHERE] #MLGPROSWAGYOLOBILLYBOB4424SMPLOL JOIN 2DAY, but not many servers that offer something JtE and a server like it can offer: A story. The NPCs, pre-made goverment towns, (former) quests and everything else help create a nice storyline you won't find in most other servers and creates a unique feel to the game. I believe someone stated (though I can't find the post) that the SMP like servers are dying and will soon be replaced by servers such as RoF, AoD, etc. (in other words, gamemodes you cannot play in single player) but I disagree in the fact you CAN'T make a storyline in a single player world, you CAN'T do a quest and be surprised, you CAN'T do dungeons, CAN'T create a clan, etc. etc. which is why more vanilla SMP I must admit is a terrible idea but there is indeed a reason JtE has gone on for 9 MONTHS. A fact many people seem to forget, JtE has been around for 9 months without a map reset or anything super major like that!

Now, my question:

Why are you against a JtE like server with a storyline, pre-made towns, etc. but perhaps with full PvP and a simpler clans sytem?
SMP4 had a good playerbase at the end the reason for the reset had to do with the map needing to be refreshed. Few to no people were upset with PvP and no one said lets make a thread for a PvE sever. Dungeons can stay I do not disagree with that. The amount of servers that are PvE are very high, I could not find a server with PvP no grief with a functioning clan system besides one. You can't play with other people in single player. How did the last SMP get such a good playerbase if it is dying. There was 1/10 people doing quests no one showed a ton of interest towards it. Another thing that was great last map was you could create a clan and invite people right away. Dungeons Shops Auctions and Events are not a huge factor of JtE being added to last map?
I personally like a Mindcrack server more where we could make machines and stuff.
Every server (but BB ofc) is PvP already. Why not expand the PvE? We could make public farms etc.

On the other hand having a server like Solitude would be a nice addition to round it all up.
RoF is PvE, JtE is PvE and BB is no PvP vs TNT and AoD. 3 to 2. Solitude would not be a long lasting server in my opinion. How are you saying that we need to add more PvE then suggest Solitude.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
As I belive I have said plenty of times before, I love every aspect of JtE except a few things:

• mcMMO. It was fun to begin with, and fun for a long time, I should know what im talking about here, since I have done it most. Then you reach max level. You wait for skill cap to be raised, and when it finally is raised, you realise that it takes an hour to level more than a level. The special features of mcMMo is mostly good, but it lack customisation. In a new server I would like to see mcMMO stay behind.
  • PvE. People got different opinions at this, as everything else. But then again I am one the people that like PvP, and before you all go "ermagherd but u got high fps and gud connection and shitz" I would like to say something. In smp version something, I was enjoying playing it, didnt meet mayn players, except another playere that I ended up traveling with for a bit. We decided to build on a mountain. After a while, I didnt see more to him, but a small village started to grow there, we still didnt have a name. Then a guy named "namelesshero" decided to start attacking us, along with some others. It wasnt all that fun, but I survived(not really I died all the time). Anyways, what to do about this? Quit the server? Rage in chat kalling him a dick for PvPing? No. I decided to build defences, as I had no chance in beating him in PvP. I built what I belive turned into the safest spot in the server, later it got a name, it was DGH Anyways, so what I try to say here, even if you arent good in PvP, got a bad computer, or connection, you can still have fun with it! Build sofisticated traps, walls, and kill the killers! I dislike the PvE in JtE, where you can steal everything a player have gotten of items the last months, but you cant hit him.
  • Town "protection" Might be a bit like the point above, but meh. The town protection, ah nice treat for getting a rank, eh? Maybe very nice for thoose who got it, but a real pain for the others. The people that live in the town can raid as much as they want, stealing items, and then put them in protected chests. The strong players grow even stronger. What I have also had problems with here, is not being able to push buttons or open doors. I like exploring nicely built towns, but what is the point of that when so many parts of it is blocked? It is indeed a nice tool against griefers, but if thats the only thing it helps against, I dont think its worth it. You will, unless you have the memory of a goold fish, notice if you wall is missing due to grief. If you are playing on the server, you will notice if stuff is gone. Griefs dont happend all that often. I have gotten griefed once in the whole time JtE have been up, if not countning people not replanting.
The economics might not be the best on JtE, with emeralds, due to fucked up trades, but it is better than vanilla villager trading, and certainly much more fun than no trades at all.
If JtE ever is gonna be reset, or shut down, I would love to see a SMP related server, with quests, premade towns, some sort of clan/settlement system, and with PvP everywhere, but no grief. This will be an unique server, where both players that like to do quests, and follow story lines can do that, while PvP-ers can PvP. Builders can build, and most people can have fun playing, if they know how to be a bit careful.
(PvE should be in all premade towns)

• Agree
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
As I belive I have said plenty of times before, I love every aspect of JtE except a few things:

• mcMMO. It was fun to begin with, and fun for a long time, I should know what im talking about here, since I have done it most. Then you reach max level. You wait for skill cap to be raised, and when it finally is raised, you realise that it takes an hour to level more than a level. The special features of mcMMo is mostly good, but it lack customisation. In a new server I would like to see mcMMO stay behind.
  • PvE. People got different opinions at this, as everything else. But then again I am one the people that like PvP, and before you all go "ermagherd but u got high fps and gud connection and shitz" I would like to say something. In smp version something, I was enjoying playing it, didnt meet mayn players, except another playere that I ended up traveling with for a bit. We decided to build on a mountain. After a while, I didnt see more to him, but a small village started to grow there, we still didnt have a name. Then a guy named "namelesshero" decided to start attacking us, along with some others. It wasnt all that fun, but I survived(not really I died all the time). Anyways, what to do about this? Quit the server? Rage in chat kalling him a dick for PvPing? No. I decided to build defences, as I had no chance in beating him in PvP. I built what I belive turned into the safest spot in the server, later it got a name, it was DGH Anyways, so what I try to say here, even if you arent good in PvP, got a bad computer, or connection, you can still have fun with it! Build sofisticated traps, walls, and kill the killers! I dislike the PvE in JtE, where you can steal everything a player have gotten of items the last months, but you cant hit him.
  • Town "protection" Might be a bit like the point above, but meh. The town protection, ah nice treat for getting a rank, eh? Maybe very nice for thoose who got it, but a real pain for the others. The people that live in the town can raid as much as they want, stealing items, and then put them in protected chests. The strong players grow even stronger. What I have also had problems with here, is not being able to push buttons or open doors. I like exploring nicely built towns, but what is the point of that when so many parts of it is blocked? It is indeed a nice tool against griefers, but if thats the only thing it helps against, I dont think its worth it. You will, unless you have the memory of a goold fish, notice if you wall is missing due to grief. If you are playing on the server, you will notice if stuff is gone. Griefs dont happend all that often. I have gotten griefed once in the whole time JtE have been up, if not countning people not replanting.
The economics might not be the best on JtE, with emeralds, due to fucked up trades, but it is better than vanilla villager trading, and certainly much more fun than no trades at all.
If JtE ever is gonna be reset, or shut down, I would love to see a SMP related server, with quests, premade towns, some sort of clan/settlement system, and with PvP everywhere, but no grief. This will be an unique server, where both players that like to do quests, and follow story lines can do that, while PvP-ers can PvP. Builders can build, and most people can have fun playing, if they know how to be a bit careful.
(PvE should be in all premade towns)
If it had last maps town system then I would agree to this. :D

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

Now, my question:

SMP4 had a good playerbase at the end the reason for the reset had to do with the map needing to be refreshed. Few to no people were upset with PvP and no one said lets make a thread for a PvE sever. Dungeons can stay I do not disagree with that. The amount of servers that are PvE are very high, I could not find a server with PvP no grief with a functioning clan system besides one. You can't play with other people in single player. How did the last SMP get such a good playerbase if it is dying. There was 1/10 people doing quests no one showed a ton of interest towards it. Another thing that was great last map was you could create a clan and invite people right away. Dungeons Shops Auctions and Events are not a huge factor of JtE being added to last map?
Alright, but my main question still stands: Why are you against a server with all the features of JtE but full PvP and a SMP4 like clans system?

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Alright, but my main question still stands: Why are you against a server with all the features of JtE but full PvP and a SMP4 like clans system?
Quests do not offer much to the server and I am in favor of spawn and one pre-built town for trade and such. There is no need for 4 pre-made towns. Honestly how often do players in JtE visit Roxbourg? If there was one it would serve for trade auctions and events somewhat like the TNT shop last map.

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
Alright, think its time to make a reply to this - as I can see people are becoming quite restless.

I will not make comment to the various posts in this thread (some constructive and articulate - to those people I say thank you-, some nonconstructive and ignorant), and will not comment on Hockey's original suggestion.

I will not thoroughly comment, for we already have plans underway for the future of SMP. We have had them for some time. I will not delve into details now, but I can assure you that these threads have been noticed, have been read with serious consideration, and have been helpful in some regards. More information will be released shortly (hopefully), as the upcoming future of SMP relies heavily on the 1.7 update to Minecraft. We thank you all for voicing your thoughts on SMP; and I hope to see more responses made in this thread - your opinions and feedback have been greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

MetalGearSolis

That kid with the avatar
Reaction score
JtE IMO has gotten pretty old. It was great for the first few months, up until May, I lost interest. I honestly have nothing to do. I think this idea is pretty good, I like the idea of warping to a town, instead of taking your first few hours of running out. I like that JtE brought the idea of a NoPVP then a big PVP zone, but honestly, I like this more.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
1.7 is going to be HUGE update, so I think it will affect all servers, not just SMP :)

What about week/two weeks of global PvP, and week/two weeks of global PvE switching indefinitely?

You would accumulate stuff, freely explore map , and build sancti clan in peace for two weeks.
Then 2 weeks of PvP kicks in, so you can kill and raid everything, that moves and spend your precious diamonds in PvP battles.
Then 2 weeks of PvE kicks in again, so you can restore yourself and prosper, then again 2 weeks of PvP and so on...

Would that work?

Or other way could be: Overwold is PvE and nether/the end is PvP.
Then after 2 weeks is switch over, and Overworld is PvP, and Nether/The End is PvE.
After next two weeks, they are switched, and so on.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I honestly think that an organised PvE server could work really well,; and by organised I don't mean Sancti with the odd mob being beaten back by a wild Rosekill, I mean waves, hordes and armies of mobs that come storming to your door, tearing down your walls and consuming your soul. and getting 25 brains

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I honestly think that an organised PvE server could work really well,; and by organised I don't mean Sancti with the odd mob being beaten back by a wild Rosekill, I mean waves, hordes and armies of mobs that come storming to your door, tearing down your walls and consuming your soul. and getting 25 brains
Army of Darkness? :giggle:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Army of Darkness? :giggle:
AoD = PvP
And you don't generally see colossal waves of enemies swarming your base that you constructed yourself in AoD
:p