SMP Rules - Compendium

hpesoj8

Reaction score
Wowowowow, but it isn't even Friday yet for me. Must be Friday where it counts, eh? And thankies to all who made the update/reset and EVERYTHING ELSE. Thanks.

Q

Qube

Wowowowow, but it isn't even Friday yet for me. Must be Friday where it counts, eh? And thankies to all who made the update/reset and EVERYTHING ELSE. Thanks.
The map got reset, but it wont open to the public until after the meeting on Friday :3

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Maybe we should add an auto AFK kicker? 10 minutes possibly?
My only issue with AFK is when they are trying get an advantage out of it, which is the mob spawner.
Then I remind myself on how just for example staff wants to check a lot of things about a grief/report with the hawkeye web, which would be annoying if you were AFK-kicked.
Not to mention that players want to check out stuff on the wiki as well, and what not.
And I don't see the urge to get a plugin for people who are AFK, just the "AFKness" around mob spawners is an issue.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
My only issue with AFK is when they are trying get an advantage out of it, which is the mob spawner.
Then I remind myself on how just for example staff wants to check a lot of things about a grief/report with the hawkeye web, which would be annoying if you were AFK-kicked.
Not to mention that players want to check out stuff on the wiki as well, and what not.
And I don't see the urge to get a plugin for people who are AFK, just the "AFKness" around mob spawners is an issue.
When server is full, an afk-kicker could be useful. Also as long you are scrolling up and down, or are typing commands most afk-kickers don't kick.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to suggest that we clarify what the password is for and how it's used, and probably update the in game /rules to reflect something more precise. Something like "Rules for this server are posted at <link here>. You will need to read these to be able to play on the server." I've seen at least a handful of people who don't understand how to use the password, or can't find the password because they're looking in /rules or the wiki (!), and not here on the forums.

Also, formal induction of rules and rulings would be nice. Specifics about how villagers are handled, the distance that a building should be away from another person's building without specific permission, the fact that tunneling under a wall is no different than pillaring over it (though I suppose it's worse, since it's griefing the ground you own?), the number of animals we can keep before it's considered "excessive". Those are just the ones that come to mind as I type this, I'm sure there are a couple more.

william8 If you read the rules, then you saw the password. You need to put that in chat in the game to become a player, then you can play.

Reactions: chris360kss

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Answering: cheatyface

Rules updated in-game, and there already has been a greeting message and signs placed at the spawn area.

Villagers are handled like pretty much the other mobs, simply use common sense when you have them.
Which means I do not want a giant hotel with over hunderds of villagers lagging the server to hell.

Personal spawnareas need to be 200 blocks away from each other, and I hope that you all protect yours with a shelter.
Meaning, if you are not building anything useful within those 200 blocks, why would you even come so close?

Like you said yourself, if you grief under it, you are already wrong by griefing.

The reason I prefer to call things excessive, is that I can give the staff some more air upon deciding what is appropiate and what is not.
I honestly must say, if I gave away, maximum of 10 animals, then people will try to exploit it, it is a thing that happened in the previvious SMP.
That is why the word excessive has been impletented into the rules, and it is now up to the playerbase to show their responsibility.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Marnixxie yes, I'm aware of much of this, I'm just suggesting it finds it's way into the rules list so that others will know. I saw your updates in-game :). I already knew of villagers, as this intent was stated in-game in the first few days, and griefing under is just plain obvious to any mildly critical thinker.

The distance between, well I didn't expect to be that far apart, but the point is people should know that they aren't allowed to build things really close to other people. Someone built a tower next to my castle so they could enderpearl onto the top. (They just wanted to look around, and respectfully took down the tower after, but they still thought it was ok because it was a building with windows, and not a "pillar".)

As for the excessive thing, I meant just a ballpark. I've asked an op or two what would be considered excessive, and the answer I got was "probably don't go too much higher than 20-25 of each". Over the last few days though, I've been made aware that some people have upwards of 80 chickens hanging around, thus I was asking here to see if there was a consistent range. I understand that you want it to be a little undefined though, rather than a hard rule.

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
Answering: cheatyface

Rules updated in-game, and there already has been a greeting message and signs placed at the spawn area.

Villagers are handled like pretty much the other mobs, simply use common sense when you have them.
Which means I do not want a giant hotel with over hunderds of villagers lagging the server to hell.

Personal spawnareas need to be 200 blocks away from each other, and I hope that you all protect yours with a shelter.
Meaning, if you are not building anything useful within those 200 blocks, why would you even come so close?

Like you said yourself, if you grief under it, you are already wrong by griefing.

The reason I prefer to call things excessive, is that I can give the staff some more air upon deciding what is appropiate and what is not.
I honestly must say, if I gave away, maximum of 10 animals, then people will try to exploit it, it is a thing that happened in the previvious SMP.
That is why the word excessive has been impletented into the rules, and it is now up to the playerbase to show their responsibility.
Personal spawn areas? You mean like spawners/mob towers? Or houses/town/places of residence?