Skyrim!

Summer10

Reaction score
I suggest you go for the magic/range followers, unless you want a stupid ass melee follower jumping in front of every arrow/magic/melee attack you do.
Oh and make sure to read up on the followers so you don't mess up and give heavy armor and a 2 handed weapon to a ranger like me :p

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Okay, its official. Skyrim guards are retarded.

I was talking to the guards, letting them see my awesome Khajit self and hearing rumors. Then I hear this:
Winterhold guard: "Is that fur growing out of your ears?"

Thought translated me: Gee, yes, thats fur. How unusual on a Khajit. I must be a werewolf or something!
(Go werewolf, maul guard)
From what I've noticed in Skyrim;most of the people are more I guess, "less open to immigration."(What's the word @Ciphered ?) So that's probably a joke to just "Get on an outlander's nerve"

C

Ciphered

From what I've noticed in Skyrim;most of the people are more I guess, "less open to immigration."(What's the word @Ciphered ?) So that's probably a joke to just "Get on an outlander's nerve"
I think that the world of Tamriel is much similar to backwater, mass-traditional, and (somewhat) evangelical areas of America: religion and racism. While religion isn't an issue, racism is.

Also, I found and enchanted an Ebony War Axe.

But I lost it.

How, you ask?

Simple:

SOME ASSHOLE DRAUGR USED THE DISARM SHOUT ON ME

lolpierandom

Reaction score
I think that the world of Tamriel is much similar to backwater, mass-traditional, and (somewhat) evangelical areas of America: religion and racism. While religion isn't an issue, racism is.

Also, I found and enchanted an Ebony War Axe.

But I lost it.

How, you ask?

Simple:

SOME ASSHOLE DRAUGR USED THE DISARM SHOUT ON ME
Dude, religion is definitely a problem. Religion is pretty much the whole reason the civil war in skyrim is being fought... (Talos or Not)

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Update of klouds adventures in skyrim:
(Btw, summer, I realize thats a standard werewolf rumor. The fact that they said it to a Khajit is what makes it dumb.)

Shadowmere is dead, and I have no idea how he died. I just explored a ruin, and left him outside like I always do (because I thought he was immortal), I came outside and saw the following things:
The corpse of two giants.
The corpse of three mammoths
An Expert Necromancer, and two ash piles of unidentifiable descent.
A blood dragon.
In the middle of all this was Shadowmere, with 108 steel arrows on his body, and he was dead.
How did the horse that charged straight at a blood dragon and did not even take a hit on his health bar, as well as regenerating fast enough to take a whole banditry(?) of bandits while I fired at them with my bow (and yes, hitting the horse too. But it didn't matter, cause he didn't ever take a hit to his health bar) fall to this ridiculous combo? I have no idea.
Next to his body I found a live snow bear.

Summer10

Reaction score
(Btw, summer, I realize thats a standard werewolf rumor. The fact that they said it to a Khajit is what makes it dumb.)

Shadowmere is dead, and I have no idea how he died. I just explored a ruin, and left him outside like I always do (because I thought he was immortal), I came outside and saw the following things:
A blood dragon.
In the middle of all this was Shadowmere, with 108 steel arrows on his body, and he was dead.
How did the horse that charged straight at a blood dragon and did not even take a hit on his health bar, as well as regenerating fast enough to take a whole banditry(?) of bandits while I fired at them with my bow (and yes, hitting the horse too. But it didn't matter, cause he didn't ever take a hit to his health bar) fall to this ridiculous combo? I have no idea.
You can use console commands to get him back, alive.. if you are willing to use the console commands to cheat(I used it when I lost him somewhere on skyrim, he was alive.)

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
As far as I know, there's no way to use console commands on the Ps3 version (If there are, please tell me!). Thanks for trying to help though. I am now thoroughly convinced that snow bears are evil now. Evil, and plotting to destroy skyrim.

Edit: Sorry for not being specific about what version I was playing.

Edit Edit: I would've bought the pc version, but the temptation to cheat with console commands overcame me waaay too many times. So I bought the Ps3 version.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere if you wait around 20 days(in-game, of course) or so shadowmere will come back to life where he died, so you shouldn't worry.

BurnyBurn

Reaction score

A blood dragon.
The only way I've experienced that Shadowmere can die is from falling due to it one hit KO'ing him thereby not giving him time to heal. He's not immortal, he just heals at a blinding speed. Theoretically if you pummel him with huge damage in a very short time frame he can be killed. Giants can inflict this much damage, and so can mammoths. It doesn't seem improbable most certainly.

Do you have a recent save that you can revert to?

Update since I got this on PS3:

Dark Elf currently level 42.
Light armor, duel wields ebony war axes, also skilled in archery.
I have seven Daedric artifacts and one dragon mask.
I'm just before World Eater's Eyrie in the main quest.
I finished the Companions questline.
I finished the Dark Brotherhood questline.
I'm half way through the Thieves Guild.
I joined the College of Winterhold just for the room before I bought the house in Markarth.
I use epic Nightingale armor solely because it looks sooo much better than glass armor. (You have to drink Blacksmith potions to get it to Epic)
Lydia died. My follower is Aela.
I am one badass muthafuzzer.

BurnyBurn

Reaction score
I have frost too, I left him at the Black Briar lodge stables. :D Always good to have a backup horse.

Call me paranoid but I have two saves that I switch whenever I'm not sure of something.

First rule of RPG's: Save often.
Second rule of RPG's: Save a lot.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Reasons to have a companion:
- dump heavy items on them to increase mobile storage capacity
- can be helpful in fights, but YMMV

Reasons not to have a companion:
- dude move I'm trying to shoot that guy and you're standing in the way
- what the hell man this was supposed to be a stealth takeout, that does not involve screaming at the top of your lungs and charging straight at the nearest enemy
- HOLY FUCK GET OUT OF THE GODDAMN DOORWAY YOU MORON I CAN'T GET PAST

On a related note, dogs are the worst companions. Since you can't use them to cart around items, they only have one thing going for them.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Burny, I do that as well, but only on turning points during missions, not routine dungeon raids. Hence death of Shadowmere.

I must agree, companions have far more pros than cons. Was recently raiding a silver hand compound with the assistance of fair Lydia.
(Hits sneak) "Okay Lydia, we can do this'
(Aims arrow at leaders head)
(Lydia fires arrow at the kind of enemy that dies in one hit, sneak mode is off)
"FUUUUUUUUUU"
I killed Lydia then, and now travel alone.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
The only way I've experienced that Shadowmere can die is from falling due to it one hit KO'ing him thereby not giving him time to heal. He's not immortal, he just heals at a blinding speed. Theoretically if you pummel him with huge damage in a very short time frame he can be killed. Giants can inflict this much damage, and so can mammoths. It doesn't seem improbable most certainly.

Do you have a recent save that you can revert to?

Update since I got this on PS3:

Dark Elf currently level 42.
Light armor, duel wields ebony war axes, also skilled in archery.
I have seven Daedric artifacts and one dragon mask.
I'm just before World Eater's Eyrie in the main quest.
I finished the Companions questline.
I finished the Dark Brotherhood questline.
I'm half way through the Thieves Guild.
I joined the College of Winterhold just for the room before I bought the house in Markarth.
I use epic Nightingale armor solely because it looks sooo much better than glass armor. (You have to drink Blacksmith potions to get it to Epic)
Lydia died. My follower is Aela.
I am one badass muthafuzzer.
Nightingale armor is so expensive to upgra-

Wait, I'm a freaking thief character, with an excess of 30k gold with nothing to spend it on.

Why should I give a crap?

-benefits of being a thief include getting money dirt easily-

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Reasons not to have a companion:
- dude move I'm trying to shoot that guy and you're standing in the way
- what the hell man this was supposed to be a stealth takeout, that does not involve screaming at the top of your lungs and charging straight at the nearest enemy
- HOLY FUCK GET OUT OF THE GODDAMN DOORWAY YOU MORON I CAN'T GET PAST

On a related note, dogs are the worst companions. Since you can't use them to cart around items, they only have one thing going for them.
This. SO MUCH.
I try to shoot a guy, and my guy runs away.. "woops, now I have to start from my last save... which happens to be 30 minutes ago..."
Dogs are good at the beginning as they can deal decent damage. However, the dog you get to keep temporarily in a quest is worth it, since he can't die, even by your hand.

The only time I've gotten companions to do good in combat is when I have my follower, my dog, my horse, and my spectral assassin fighting (during which they destroy).

JtTorso

Reaction score
This one requires some explanation, I was at my friend's house and I told him to go do the quest the only cure, the Daedric quest, so he was going up on shadowmere's back and a dragon comes out, he begins fighting the dragon and of course, so does shadowmere, for some bizarre reason shadowmere appears on top of the dragon and rockets off the mountain, (my friend) he kills the dragon and we burst out laughing, a few minutes later we found shadowmere like this:

Reactions: Summer10

Summer10

Reaction score
This one requires some explanation, I was at my friend's house and I told him to go do the quest the only cure, the Daedric quest, so he was going up on shadowmere's back and a dragon comes out, he begins fighting the dragon and of course, so does shadowmere, for some bizarre reason shadowmere appears on top of the dragon and rockets off the mountain, (my friend) he kills the dragon and we burst out laughing, a few minutes later we found shadowmere like this:

I sure hope that's on pc so you can use console commands :giggle:
Wait you mean "the only cure for madness"? That is for the DB not daedra.... unless you mean the disease daedra where you kill the shephard person