Roll Call: Old Members

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
This may be one of this rare threads it's ok to talk about yourself.

My biggest fear, when I was a young internetling, is that something horrendous would happen to one of my fellow internetlings in the real world and I would never know what happened to them. EscapeBlockRestarTopia was (is?) a massive community that has had a massive amount of people come and go.

This is the roll call thread dedicated to people no longer with us asking for an update. Feel free to answer/ask questions like:
  • What name(s) would people most know you by?
  • What are you doing right now?
  • How's life been?
  • Did you get laid?
  • Where are you in your school or professional career?
  • Are you ok?
  • Etc.
It doesn't have to be a blog post. You can just post a small paragraph or sentence giving a nice, little update. : )

I know there's a high chance that everyone right now is wondering how one of their old fellow internetlings, they don't talk to as often anymore, is doing. PSA this thread to anyone you still have contact with that doesn't frequent this community anymore. And if you can deliver an update for an old member do so. And feel free to give an update about yourself so when they read this thread they can see how you are doing too. Highly advise giving this PSA to disgraced members but it's up to you.

Last edited:

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
this is rly cute

idk man, personally i'm just getting on w life. met an absolute angel and im v happy, trying to sort college out, yknow the usual. i still make myself suffer the pain of league now and then tho fml. i play tera sometimes still, often some gta online. i barely talk to anyone from here a lot nowadays other than freakycupcake, shande and a certain ex-staff member who i'll probably be slaughtered if i say their name.

enough about me tho, who still hangs here? like, anyone i used to talk to or? ;o i'd love to speak to some old friends tbh, i miss a lot of you. :<<

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
define "old"

well, I chat with my best friend catgirl12466 and hang out with the rowdy crowd in skype groupchat
senior year of high school, online school other than robotics class. Getting college app shit straightened out and hoping for the best.
Also holy shit I need to keep up with my work.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua and ReyvnNova

Twiggy1200

Reaction score
Well, I would consider myself an 'old' member. Haven't checked around these parts for oh so many years now, only just had it pointed out to me by Hunter. However, in posting this, I don't know how many people back from when I was around are still here, or even remember me. But I'm good, started University this year, time flies, considering I was such a young one back when I was around here, back when it was still known as Blocktopia! But yeah, life is good currently. Hope the same is for all of those I failed to keep in contact with after my departure from Blocktopia, managed to keep in contact with a couple at least.

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
Been in this community for 5+ years (late 2010) so I definitely am a relatively old member. =P

Anyway, I'm going to college now. Rooming with my twin brother Eeveon at a local community college. On the weekends, we hang out in TS with another irl friend and play random games. Been having a pretty normal life all in all. Don't really interact with EscapeRestart as nearly as much as I used to. (RIP TNT) Although, if something comes along and piques my interest, I can see myself merging back into the community.

Until then, you can find me on Steam. Add me if you want to keep up! c:

Reaction score
  • What are you doing right now? collage/working mostly
  • How's life been? good i think up til college
  • Did you get laid? i laid all dem bitches
  • Where are you in your school or professional career? wondering what the hell can i do with a psych a.d (associate degree)
  • Are you ok? hell no i'm in collage every day i look at the gun rack and i wonder maybe today i turn my brain in to a abstract painting
  • Etc. therapy sounds nice

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: ReyvnNova and Chips

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
  • What are you doing right now? Recently got a new job after moving down to London to live with your ex-asshat. Next stop is getting a sweet crib bro.
  • How's life been? P.grand. Still have time to sit around here even though I supposedly left. Waiting on a permanent SMP to suck up my days.
  • Did you get laid? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Where are you in your school or professional career? Office Administrator/Marketing assistant(?) New role, new sector so I guess I'll have to give it time before it becomes a career.
  • Are you ok? That's a deep question. Are YOU ok?
I hope more people respond to this who have dropped off the forums. It's nice seeing what everyones been upto.

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
  • LITERALLY KILLED MYSELF
  • What are you doing right now? Finished college and now I just work about 50 hours a week and currently planning on getting a home soon.
  • How's life been? Coooould be better? Just need someone to share it with I guess.
  • Did you get laid? I'll get the videos for you bb gee
  • Where are you in your school or professional career? Just going with the flow. I have no pursuits right now.
  • Are you ok? YEH...I GUESS. IUNNO, MAYBE? FUCK.

luv u trap come back to me

le_badcop

Reaction score
I used to play on the classic ZS server till classic went kaput. Gosh It's been a while since I've posted here but here it goes I guess.

• Mostly working I guess
  • Meh not great, not horrible.
  • Wouldn't you all like to know
  • Just got my Cdl license a few months back. Hopefully gonna save up a bunch of money trucking and then have a comfortable life while I go back to school.
  • I hope so, anything could happen. My house could get burned down from a lightning strike or I could hit the powerball and win 200 million dollars.

Guinessis

Reaction score
ohaidere
  • Feeling nostalgic looking at old MC videos.
  • Working my ass off. 50 hours a week at my paid job, then 50 hours a week being a responsible adult.
  • Up to two kids in the walrus household, so you do the math.
  • Got my dream job! Now I just need to keep it. Tenure is a bitch.
  • Very much ok, hanging in there. Life is good, live in the present because it doesn't stick around long.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
I joined in 2011....is that old?

What are you doing right now? Doing university shit full time with part time job.
How's life been? Sucks and doesn't suck. Depends on my weird moods.
Did you get laid? Depends.
Where are you in your school or professional career? Started in god knows where am I.
Are you ok? Hanging on to life as usual...Sleeping late, waking up late, is that OK. IS EVERYTHING OK?....This question made me sad.

Reactions: FreakyCupcake

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
This cowboy felt nostalgic and decided to peek on how his old community was doing, now he's posting here!

I'm about to graduate college! Wow it flew by fast. Spent last semester working 60-70 hours a week (on top of full-time college!) between two NCAA football related jobs and these last few months have been great catching my breath now that the season is over. I'm taking a creative writing class, and I've been enjoying my time working on some stories. With spring football starting up again though my free time looks to be dwindling. But its looking like I have a good chance to move on up to the NFL this summer and beyond..... so fingers crossed. I had leftover Chinese food for breakfast today! It was alright.

Hope everyone is enjoying life! If not find a good place to sit outside and just let the wind tell you how much it loves you!

Best,

DK

63LittlePiggy63

Piggalina
Reaction score
Website
mouvementdefleur.com
I love this idea. <3
  • What are you doing right now? - I am about to finish up my first year of college (what), I'm almost done with a mini movie I'm making about my trip to New Zealand, and I'm looking at jobs for the summer! :D
  • How's life been? - It's been pretty good! College is stressful as always but I'm happy. I just wish I could get on here with all of you more <3
  • Did you get laid? - (¬‿¬)
  • Where are you in your school or professional career? - I'm working on my two majors right now in school, I'm going to be in a couple of performances before the school year ends and I have gotten 3 job offers in the past few weeks!! (Tbh I'm still in shock that people want a potato working for them)
  • Are you ok? - I'm really good. I miss this community like crazy and I'm glad I can come back every once and a while and relive past memories. <3
  • Etc. - So far in college I have learned about a new Netflix show from a psychology class and how to survive all day on just bagels and poptarts.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
    • animating a thing, listening to music, contemplating removing rob swire ripoff beard, posting this
  • How's life been?
    • bloodcurdling scream of rage and disappointment, lots of 3d animation
  • Did you get laid?
    • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • temp jobs which arent half as bad as theyre made out to be as long as youre adaptive and good enough at them the contractor place is actually competent regarding you. school: saving up for classes, using google searches as a substitute in the meantime
  • Are you ok?
    • enough
  • Etc.
    • i'm a literal ball of rage and i hate it, but i'm don't feel like i'm physically dying anymore so that's a plus

Scrable

Reaction score
What are you doing right now?
Right now I am enjoying the internet... And doing annoying school work as well as trying to play the multiplayer of dead games...
Also enjoying some high quality rips and music while literally drowning swimming in nostalgia. Also being negative about missing out on so much and whatever.
Oh and forgot to say, that I am trying to learn programming as well as 3D modelling, while doing some weird sketches in 2D... And I started recording videos of proper quality. (I use too much reddit)

How's life been?
It is going up and up for me. Everything is getting better and better, still can't get over myself. The worst thing is, that somehow I have absolutely lost my motivation for doing anything for school. (as if I ever did)

Did you get laid?
Well, did you get laid?

Where are you in your school or professional career?
One year left until graduation and then there comes the life of a student... I absolutely do NOT look forward to it.

Are you ok?
Depends.

Etc.
Uh yeah, uhm. Open to expand I guess?

Edit: Past me always thinks that now me does everything, but future me will surely do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: FreakyCupcake

Skittz

Reaction score
  • What are you doing right now? - Community college, art, photography, being stupidly obsessed with bands (cough TOP cough)
  • How's life been? - Good! c: mostly. Graduating high school was a tough turning point in my life and I've been recovering from some things that have happened in the past 2 years, but I'm getting better.
  • Did you get laid? - <>_<>
  • Where are you in your school or professional career? - Freshman year of community college c::
  • Are you ok? - Mostly.
  • Etc. - I still like to dye my hair a lot and I'm still sorta anti-social but when I make friends IRL they are usually pretty close friends, oh and I like to bake things and I'm pretty proud of my cooking and I won a bunch of awards from entering stuff into my local fair last year. I still have like 0% of an idea of what I want to do with my life but so far I'm enjoying what I do so I guess that's good. I do miss having a bunch of people to talk to though, and people to play games with :c

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
Making my way through the final years of high school, having a blast meeting new people and starting to get a feel for who I actually am.
  • How's life been?
Great. I've been doing a heap of stuff outdoors recently. Here's a photo from this weekend when I spent 3 days climbing a mountain range. Awesome views, awesome tracks. I've been hiking heaps before (racked up well over 300km), but this one in particular triggered this insatiable lust for hiking.

Met heaps of cool people. Got to know myself more through interaction with said people. Found some really groovy music, and I'm starting to get serious about tuba.
  • Did you get laid?
Nope.
  • Are you ok?
Never been better. :)

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Thank you snowma for telling me about this thread.

Hey guys, it has been a while and it will be a while more until you next see me here.
I miss Classic and I miss the dozens of people that made my time in this community such a blast, thank you. I know many are no longer part of here, and that I will never be able to talk to them again or whatever. Guess it is kind of sad, but it's part of life. To those who are still here, hello and how are you doing?

Life is fast. Life is seriously speeding through like a bullet train across the silence of the night, guarded by the shadow of Mount. Fuji in Japan. It is incredible. Incredibly scary too. I will be 18 very soon, just in a few months. I was around 13 when I first joined. That is crazy and it is absolutely blowing my mind.

I have finished High school. I am now doing my A Levels in a different school, where I met many new people and made many new friends. I will possibly go on to do Uni, however my choice might change. I have had a job, work experiences and other adult moments happen to me. It is all coming closer. Once again, it is scary but I am somewhat happy to venture into this void.

I haven't been lucky in love. Therefore I also haven't got laid (haha what a question, classic Trap.) I have changed massively physically and mentally. I am definitely more mature. Puberty, bro. I have fallen in love with Calisthenics and Poetry. What an amazing mix.

There is so much that has happened to me over these 5 years that I would need to type a book to tell you all about it. In conclusion, I am fine. I am happy, and I am hoping every single one of you is too. If you wish to add me on other social media, go ahead, and we can talk or whatever about the good old times. Or just message me here, but you might have to be patient for a reply. Also, don't add me if you don't know me. Only old friends please and thank you.

facebook - Dawid Ochojski
instagram - dawido98
snapchat - dawidochojski

Thank you. Love you. Miss you.

kraby1

davidjl123

Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
I'm doing pretty well with my life right now. I have distanced myself to a considerable degree from this community and therefore I cut off most ties and very rarely talk to anyone from here apart from two people. I am enjoying the Internet and pulling through high school (I am in freshman year how and I am on a relatively good track). I expect the next years to be more and more difficult coupled with marching band related things.

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
Brought here by Trap_Wolf 's shameless advertising.
Right now specifically I'm trying to design a wire bracelet while waiting for some pasta to cook, but I bet you weren't asking about that. ;)

• How's life been?
These things are so hard for me to answer. (Thanks Trap)

Life has been interesting and annoying and stressful and happy and crappy and full of revelations and regret and you-know, life. I'm not sure if I had moved before or after I left this community, so there's that. I'm living in the capital city of Wisconsin and it's actually pretty friendly here. For the longest time after moving out here I was jobless and steadily burning through my savings. I had occasional temp jobs but all that does is prolong the inevitable. One temp job however landed me my current full time job in a medium sized company with people who are more friends than coworkers. (The company is just big enough so I can feel safe in my future, but just small enough that my voice is heard and considered.) I'm not sure what the official title/area would be called, but I handle most of the shipping/receiving of the online orders for the store. Basically you order a shirt, I grab it from the warehouse, charge you, make it look all neat and pretty, and mail it to you the cheapest but quickest way possible. (That last step is more of a balancing act than you'd expect.) Taxes are a pain, refunds are nice though. Bills are annoying but I've found myself counting the payments in hours-worked instead of savings spent. xD (Heat cost me 7.5 hours this month, that's not too bad.)

I've discovered a neat artist called Celldweller. Well, rediscovered, I've been listening to an instrumental of his for a while and just decided to go looking for more. He has an album out called End of an Empire that's pretty sweet.

IDK what else to write but I feel like I'm leaving a lot out.. Ask me later about stuff if you're curious I guess.
Here's my steam: removed
If I don't recognize the name I'm likely to reject the friend request due to the prevalence of fishing accounts, but give me a poke on twitter or something if I do mistakenly block you. (removed)
  • Did you get laid?
Nope. Not afraid to admit that I've had way too much on my plate recently to bother. ;)
I already answered that you nub.
  • Are you ok?
For the most part, yes. I've discovered an eating problem that's keeping me underweight and causing low blood sugar, but now that I know of it I can try harder to eat as I should. (I tend to forget to eat and I don't get strong hunger pangs so I've gone days without eating at times.)

I keep in touch with a group of friends that I met in this community and talk with them on a pretty much daily basis over Skype. Without them I would've lost it ages ago. Living alone can get lonely, go-figure.
  • Etc.
One One Two I wish I were more local to you. I live in a studio apartment so it's not much but I have an inflatable mattress so it would be a place to sleep and a shower. It hurts to know that a friend is going through that and I'm too far away to help.

Last edited:

Angelhubev

Reaction score
  • What are you doing right now? - Writing a reply to this question.
  • How's life been? - It's been better than it was last year.
  • Did you get laid? - This week? Maybe. Not gonna tell you.
  • Where are you in your school or professional career? - School Gym teacher/Athlete
  • Are you ok? - Mentally no. I'm crazy.
  • Etc. etc. etc.

Ceres

Reaction score
  • What are you doing right now? Sitting. Breathing. Typing. Mouse-clicking. More breathing. Tapping the keyboard.
  • How's life been? A bit disappointing.
  • Did you get laid? No.
  • Where are you in your school or professional career? Unemployed.
  • Are you ok? Could be a lot worse.
  • Etc. Nothing brings me more joy than rating posts with the sole purpose of causing confusion.

Reactions: Elita