Rick and Morty - The Non Canonical Mafia Game - Guess we're not getting to post 2000 :(

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Disregard the reason, but not the possibility of immunity.
Tbh arelic having bird flu but being immune would make sense... but she said that she's going to die tonight unless treated, so if this theory is true, she lied about needing medical attention and probably tried to steal the doc from me :(

It's not linked to my got-damn dream.
So it's your character?!

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Dark, mysterious, misty figure speaking to you in a got-damn dream.
http://rickandmorty.wikia.com/wiki/Scary_Terry

from an episode about entering dreams, notable for saying bitch a whole lot. In the episode r/m enter someone's dreams then hop through other peoples and eventually the edward scissorhands guy tries and fails to kill them & is later befriended.

so i dunno if it could be a device someone has, maybe a 'rick' character has a whole heap of one-shot abilities based on things from the show, or maybe it's the scary terry character and he functions like a whisperer, or maybe a darkrai type killer dealio

• Winner
Reactions: Jolterino
G

Guest35486

Not trying to lurk or anything I promise, woke up and went to class to take a test. Just got back and am currently catching up. Post soon™

• Thank You
Reactions: Jolterino

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
hey guys revelation
this is jolt's character

today the dead's roles were janitor'd

i'd have to assume that they were because this game would be infuriating if we never learn anything about anyone besides investigative claims that can never be reliable.

may not be anything to this since noob-noob isn't presented as a bad character at all BUT he's associated with rick (probably bad cause terrorist) and the vindicators/fake avengers (probably good) so i dunno. Also aqua said the bodies were jettisoned before they could be identified which seems to be a reference to the evil morty episode. I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption that there's an evil morty role somewhere (godfather?) bc that was fairly iconic, and maybe the evil morty guy has janitor abilities cause of the corpse-jettison thing

BUT also non-canonical is in the thread title so who knows

• Informative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Iggish

Reaction score
Ugh, the thread is going so fucking fast that I didn't even see inffy and jivvi's posts before I posted mine, whatever. On another note here are all the catchphrases in Rick and Morty that I found on a picture by googling, there are probably more but maybe this might be useful:

I think that it's possible though maybe unlikely that there are other roles like Jolt's but if there are then they are probably a lot harder to find, you won't see people saying stuff like"SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT", "Awwww, Bitch" and "OOOoohhh Weeee" in every post.

• Informative
Reactions: Jivvi

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Wow, that was a bitch of a thread to read through, 6 pages in under 24 hours, ugh.
not that significant but it's the only time 'bitch' was said in the whole thread besides me explaining the character and iggish again (with the full catchphrase). both time iggish said it didn't really seem like it was shoehorned in because he had to, but it's a possibility i guess
from an episode about entering dreams, notable for saying bitch a whole lot.
I think that it's possible though maybe unlikely that there are other roles like Jolt's but if there are then they are probably a lot harder to find, you won't see people saying stuff like"SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT", "Awwww, Bitch" and "OOOoohhh Weeee" in every post.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_
G

Guest35486

that said, i'm confused as to why the birdperson role can get birdflu in addition to someone else. If i had to guess i'd say that either birds are the only ones to be able to get bird flu, or birds give other people bird flu.
At first, I thought I was the only one that could get birdflu, because, bird and all.
And with regards to the bird flu, I'll say again that with the context and heavily implied text I was given, I can't see how it makes sense that Arelic has bird flu, even taking into account t the real-world bird flu nature. On one hand I'm slightly more trusting of her since I don't know how she would have been able to know I got bird flu, for her to be able to copy me to seem legit, if she didn't legitimately get it herself (although she could be some kind of Josef/Joseph/Ooglie wirer/tapper spy role that sees host messages to players and chose me last night), but on the other hand, it just doesn't make sense to me how she could have gotten it, so a part of me feels like she must be lying.
I still don't get how Inffy visited me and both of us got birdflu. I was specifically drugged, so it feels like it's part of his role to be able to give some kind of illness? Not sure why he has it, unless he's lying about it because he knows he can give diseases to other people. I feel like it's worth to note that Inffy never mentioned the type of illness until I did, and he just said "wow same" instead of providing evidence that he does have a medical condition.
Although I'd also be interested in getting someone else today too since if Arelic is infected then she'll die tonight anyway and if she's alive tomorrow then we can deal with her then (and if I'm alive as well as her, we can infer that either we have 2 doctor-type roles or Arelic is lying and wasn't infected), and by that point we'll hopefully have more roles alongside factions to work with to decide whether or not her being Birdman suggests she's Mafia or not

I'm getting weird vibes from mariosatr right now and I also feel like lynching Danni would be a decent option so I'd probably consider voting on those two people out of anyone so far, if I had to name names
You seem to push for my death a lot, even though there's no concrete evidence that I'm Mafia, except this secret information you know. You're ready to move on to lynch the next person as well, which I find a bit suspicious.
also your confusion about how she knows about bird flu is explained by assuming she's the source and either has/spreads it like jolt said or just nows you have it because she gave it to you and is lying about having it herself, trying to bait our doctor into healing her, and securing a kill on you. This would mean that it's more believable for the two of you to be in cahoots since you've stated you trust her more based on a revelation that potentially makes her more suspicious.

another note, if claire's role is basically a serial killer poisoner, then I doubt that she's third party since (assuming she is a poisoner role) she's being pretty ambitious by also claiming to have the bird flu and making herself an option for the doctor (maybe if the doctor visits her the doctor will get bird flu, on top of letting inf die). The problem with that is that once Inf dies, people will probably turn on her so i'd say she either stands to gain something from securing a kill such as an extra life, or she's working with other players who can win once she gets found out and lynched (or maybe she only needs two kills and if it pans out as above and the doctor can't heal themselves, she wins)
Seeing as bird flu (in real life) is a disease that comes from wild birds and can infect humans, my guess is that Arelic's role starts with bird flu (if she is Bird person) and people who visit her get infected with it too.

This does seem kind of strange considering she'd be a role that dies on Night 1 without the help of a doctor or something and if my guess is correct that would mean there has to be a protective/doctor role in this game. Also Inffy could be lying about his role being able to "see" roles and only knows Arelic's role because of the flu.
I don't think it would make sense for me to start with birdflu since that means I would pretty much die without medical attention. I wasn't aware that I had it, and I only got it after I got drugged.

• Informative
Reactions: Hunter

Iggish

Reaction score
not that significant but it's the only time 'bitch' was said in the whole thread besides me explaining the character and iggish again (with the full catchphrase). both time iggish said it didn't really seem like it was shoehorned in because he had to, but it's a possibility i guess
BITCH!

• Love
Reactions: Jivvi

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I feel like it's worth to note that Inffy never mentioned the type of illness until I did, and he just said "wow same" instead of providing evidence that he does have a medical condition.
What evidence could I possibly provide though?

And what do you mean 'medical condition' o.o do you know something I don't?

You seem to push for my death a lot, even though there's no concrete evidence that I'm Mafia, except this secret information you know. You're ready to move on to lynch the next person as well, which I find a bit suspicious.
Even the 'secret information' I know isn't concrete evidence that you're mafia, and I'm not pushing hard on killing you, I just have a few very valid (in my opinion at least) theories that suggest to me that you're mafia. Also the vibes never lie!!!! (well sometimes but RARELY!)