Retaking Rochester (Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Day 4:
We have infiltrated Rochester, the fallen city, taken by the evil ones. Markus was lost on the second day, when he died for the sake of our secrecy. Malegana has called a gathering, we may have been compromised. Our one hope is Arkada Valletta’s ploy to persuade some of the traitorous residents to redeem themselves, and join our cause to retake Rochester.

Hello! Welcome to Retaking Rochester!
This game is of Intermediate difficulty and complexity: it’s not quite as simple as Plane Troubles, but you won’t find too much difficulty here. I’d recommend that players of Plane Troubles, and perhaps some new players would best fit the bill. If Plane Troubles was a little plain for you, and you'd like a little more brain-melting, this is for you!
[accordion=left]
{slide=Setup|left}
- This setup relies on the concept of Reverse Mafia. This means that the Mafia faction will hold the majority at the beginning of the game, mostly made up of Traitors, who do not attend night meetings. Town, however, possesses a Headmason, who can recruit one Traitor per night. Masons share a night meeting, and each night one Mason is sent out to recruit another. However, if a Mason attempts to recruit a Mafia-sided Power Role, they will find themselves slightly more dead than previous.

- Mafia also possesses an altered Yakuza, that can recruit one Mason every second night, reverting them to a Traitor. Nothing will happen if they target a Town-sided Power Role.

- At the beginning of this game, Mafia will be the dominant faction, and so the controversial claims will be around Contact, Hooker, and the Yakuza. (And possibly the Quack). The catch is - however - that as the Masonry will hold a majority of the Traitors, and so can move to dominate the daylight, and mafia will not be able to predict the exact happening of this.

- Likewise, it may be a clever option to hide your role completely, in case of repetitive power struggles over the daylight.
{/slide}
{slide=Rules|left}
Prizyms’ Ten Commandments of Mafia:
  1. No editing or deleting posts.
  2. No posting if you're not alive in the game.
  3. No screenshotting/copying & pasting role or action PMs.
  4. No gaming the system (ciphers, bets, pre-game alliances).
  5. No gamethrowing.
  6. No discussing this game outside of the thread - this is a no-whisper setup.
  7. Do not use forum status (In a conversation, viewing thread etc) as a tool against somebody.
  8. Living players may not discuss the game amongst themselves unless alerting them about new posts.
  9. Do not use PM mechanics to prove a point.
  10. Do not attempt to lie to me or Alpha102. We are the hosts I am the host and expect full honesty.
{/slide}
{slide=Voting|left}
Same as usual:
vote <player> / unvote
{/slide}
{slide=Roles|left}
Town - Wins if all pure-sided mafia and enemy traitors are eliminated

Edilio Barklay - Cop - Investigate one player each night, and learn their role
Deko Rivell - Vigilante - Kill one player each night
Arkada Valletta - Mason - Recruit one player at night. All masons share a night chat
Archibald Monachorum - Doctor - Protect one player per night
Peter Huttoff- Assistant - Gains the abilities of the first killed/converted town PR

Mafia - Wins if all pure-sided townies and enemy masons are eliminated

Gaston - Traitor - Does not participate in Mafia Meetings
Velasco - Traitor - Does not participate in Mafia Meetings
Robinson - Traitor - Does not participate in Mafia Meetings
Gallegos - Traitor - Does not participate in Mafia Meetings
Ramos - Traitor - Does not participate in Mafia Meetings

The traitors can resist one hit during the night, after which they will become vulnerable. This carries over if they are converted.

Zenfik - Contact - Investigate one player each night, and learn their role
Shae Lo - Hooker - Block one player from using their night actions

Neos - Quack - Protect one ally's life with your own.
Malegana - Yakuza - Turn one player into a traitor every second night

Third Party

Ozark - Illusionist - Pick one role each night to appear in investigations as
- Pick one player per night to divert any attacks to
- Wins in another factions stead

{/slide}
{slide=Players|left}
SIGNUPS
Players:

CaffeinatedKitty
pecks7
erik5456
midnightgirl24
raxo2222
Sephhh
myusername22
roboboy777
Mad11gab8
pafrick
Pikmon2
brownlee123
Lee_Scar
Natsubros
Da Jinks

Reserves:
-
-
-

No specific signup format, just state that you’d like to sign up, and state if you’re an Aussie or want to be a replacement (I’d encourage playing from the start if spaces allow!). If you’ve played quite a bit before, or died in Prizyms’ game, I may shift you to be a replacement so that newer players have a fair shot at playing a game.

Reserves are players who have died in PvC, or are more experienced. If you do not fall under these categories, you have to join straight-up! It's more fun and easier to follow along with. If you do fall under this, and there's enough people to warrant for more reserves, you might even be booted off or further down the reserve list.

{/slide}
[/accordion]
I probably forgot something, so if I did, give a holler!

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Hello! I will sign up as an IC (Inexperience Challenged). I will be put on Low Priority due to me playing in PvC and already being a bit more experienced. If the list is full and someone else signs up, I will be kicked of the list.

Anyway. Sign me up Jivvs.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
To clarify, players who died early on in PvC or are a little more experienced are welcome, but you'll be pushed aside if more new players wish to join. (This includes the reserves list)

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
This looks amazing and crazy and unique. The good thing is the roles are ones where you really can do something :notworthy:. I am really indecisive about this. I'm also a bit confused about how things would work :wtf:.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Maybe? I may need some more explanation :bored:. (These smilies crack me up)
To simplify, at the start of Day 1, there will be more mafia than town, so mafia will control the day. The town and mafia both have a role to try and convert traitors, but the mafia converter can only convert at half the speed. As more traitors become masons, the town will hold the majority, enabling them to control lynches.

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Town, however, possesses a Headmason, who can recruit one Traitor per night. Masons share a night meeting, and each night one Mason is sent out to recruit another. However, if a Mason attempts to recruit a Mafia-sided Power Role, they will find themselves slightly more dead than previous.​
How does the Headmason know who the Traitors are? Are you informed of who the Masons are if you are a Mason? Same with Mafia?

- Mafia also possesses an altered Yakuza, that can recruit one Mason every second night, reverting them to a Traitor. Nothing will happen if they target a Town-sided Power Role.
How do they know who the Masons are? Are the Mafia informed when someone is converted? If one is reverted to Traitor then he would know who to lynch then (Headmason)?

Does not participate in Mafia Meetings
So these traitors can't kill anyone and there are no discussions made among them?

The traitors can resist one hit during the night, after which they will become vulnerable. This carries over if they are converted.
You choose whether you are to use that save option?

Ozark - Illusionist - Pick one role each night to appear in investigations as
- Pick one player per night to divert any attacks
- Wins in another factions stead
Appear in investigations? You can save other people? So he is all alone and how does he win?

Sorry, I had too much questions to ask cause I'm kind of confused :p

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
1- How does the Headmason know who the Traitors are? Are you informed of who the Masons are if you are a Mason? Same with Mafia?

2- How do they know who the Masons are? Are the Mafia informed when someone is converted? If one is reverted to Traitor then he would know who to lynch then (Headmason)?

3- So these traitors can't kill anyone and there are no discussions made among them?

4- You choose whether you are to use that save option?

5- Appear in investigations? You can save other people? So he is all alone and how does he win?

Sorry, I had too much questions to ask cause I'm kind of confused :p
1- Nobody know who anyone is, apart from the two pairs of mafia who know each other's identities.

2- All masons share a night meeting. This changes nightly, so if the Headmason dies, the traitors will have to decide which side to play towards. This could split the traitors' alignments.

3- Traitors do not have a night meeting. Mafia killa are carried out by a unanimous decision by the Contact/Hooker duo. This will pass onto the Quack/Yakuza duo if they both die.

4- If a traitor targeted for death by the mafia or vigilante, they will survive. After this they will be vulnerable.

5- The Illusionist chooses one player to pretend to be the role of at night, one player to be affected by actions instead of themselves, and they win if another faction wins, but they block said faction from winning.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Traitors and mafia are 100% separate in terms of night meetings and knowledge of each other.
Doesn't that give a small flaw tough? The traitors are mafia-sided and thus need to kill town, but they do know know who to lynch since they might accidentally lynch a mafia PR or their fellow Traitor...

Or it's part of the game, ok ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.