[POLL] What server would you most like to see back?

[POLL] What server would you most like to see back?

• Zombie

Votes: 42 27.8%
  • Lava

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • TNT

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Primordia

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • Adventure & Tournaments [A&T]

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • Solitude

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Hunger Games

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Vampire

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I don't want to see an old server return

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff0521

OPtimistic
Reaction score
The better question is, why did a server that had 10-15 people on throughout the day get shut down while PTnT barely ever reaches 10. And JtE isn't that populated either.

:coffee:

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
The better question is, why did a server that had 10-15 people on throughout the day get shut down while PTnT barely ever reaches 10. And JtE isn't that populated either.

:coffee:
This. Zombie was actually relatively well populated compared to PTNT and JtE contrary to everybody's beliefs. I feel like Classic TNT and Lava kinda dragged it down a bit.

If we pooled all of our previous classic resources into one classic server (i.e. money -> advertising) and had some old Zombie staff return to help out, I think we could easily re-populate and create a good server with a consistent population of 15-25.

Just throwing thoughts out there. It's a long shot, but I think it could actually work. Either that or a premium Zombie would be so cool.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
Alright, I think it is time to address all this Classic Zombie return talk.

I was (am) a crazy zombie lover. I played it for nearly over 3000 hours over the course of 3 years. Now, when I first saw this poll - I noticed zombie racking up votes, becoming the #1 most voted for. So I thought to myself, "the people want it back, it has the possibility of gaining new players, and if we get the email usernames to work we can have a playerbase of 20-30 people."

So I went to Malcovent and talked to him about a possible return - and he gave me good reasoning on why it was removed and should not be reimplemented. I hope Malc does not mind I'm addressing his logical reasoning here for the sake of the matter at hand.

First off, Blocktopia as a whole is trying to shift towards premium, hence one of the reasons why the classic servers were removed. You do not see the current top Minecraft communities with classic servers.

Malc brought up the main reasons why the classic servers were removed and explained why they should not be returned. He said and I quote

"Malcovent: as it is, im sorry but you're asking us to
Malcovent: - Up costs for a classic server thats
Malcovent: -- not got good future prospects
Malcovent: -- Was left (supposedly) with huge bugs
Malcovent: -- Has a low amount of players that actually join the community compared to premium
Malcovent: -- Requires the most staffing/ban appeals
Malcovent: Theres no popularity we can gain from classic that we couldn't from learning to better handle premium"

And even now Blocktopia is putting more money towards advertisements, which means, getting a better grip on the premium stage that we have approached. As I stated, I love(d) Zombies but frankly, I believe we should be putting our eyes and dedication onto premium because that is where Minecraft lies, not on an outdated buggy old version.

Chillingworth

Reaction score
And even now Blocktopia is putting more money towards advertisements, which means, getting a better grip on the premium stage that we have approached. As I stated, I love(d) Zombies but frankly, I believe we should be putting our eyes and dedication onto premium because that is where Minecraft lies, not in an outdated buggy old version.
While I do agree you bring up some good points, let us keep in mind that

1.) A majority of this community was brought here from Classic.
2.) Premium today still doesn't draw as many players as Classic back then.

I dunno - just some things to think of. While we're 'shifting everything' to Premium we have to keep in mind that the popular choice is not always the right one.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
1.) A majority of this community was brought here from Classic.
2.) Premium today still doesn't draw as many players as Classic back then.

I dunno - just some things to think of. While we're 'shifting everything' to Premium we have to keep in mind that the popular choice is not always the right one.
Oh without a doubt - but that is what Blocktopia is trying to do now, progress so we can have a stable playerbase that gets new individuals to join the community off of our premium servers. And unfortunately, premium does not have a server list like classic did, hence why classic dragged in so many new players, regardless, that is something that the community has to overcome now through advertisements.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, lets say that "classic" zombies was brought back, but in premium. How would this work?

Food set to 3 hunger bars, making sprinting disabled. Insta break on blocks can be done with potion effects, and the block building can be done in ton of ways.

Why have it in an outdated engine?

There arent really many ways, except maybe for the nostalgica graphic, that couldnt be done in premium if the devs were trying to make an excact copy.

The plusses with premium, would be many, first of all, classic is going downhill, and it isnt stopping. Premium is where the most of the players are, I know many of us come through classic, but we wont get any new people to the community that way any more, sadly.

Premium got a ton of blocks. That makes map looks nicer =D (In my opinion atleast)

In the end, with the right coding, and mods, Classic zombies could have been brought back the excact same way, but in premium. Why stick to classic?

MintyRogi

Reaction score
Gah, I know I'm not the first to say this. As much as a DIE HARD ZOMBIE FAN I AM, , lets be honest guys. Zombie Classic is not coming back, nor is the idea of a "premium zombie" is fathomable. Yes, all you guys are probably wanting to stab my in the heart, but hear me out. We all know that Classic is dead, and there's a less than slim chance of Mojang improving it. Even if we tried bringing back Classic Zombie Survival, is it really worth the effort? Don't get me wrong, Zombie is by far one of the best Blocktopia Servers, it was extremely popular even during TheOnes; My opinion is though, I don't think its worth the hassle. Zombie had numerous glitches and bugs at the end, and fixing all of them would not be easy. Most of the players, operators, controllers etc. have moved on to Premium, and not many people would want to go back. Right now, I'm dedicated to JtE. As much as I REALLY would want to switch back, I know that I would never be able to. I really don't think many people would want to go back after they got used to Premium. Besides, how would we get more people to get on the server? OK, now that I've made some of you angrier, lets talk about the idea of a "premium zombie server". Lets start off by saying that most zombie ops and vet ops have transferred and have a staffing position on another server. I guarantee is Zombie Premium is established, not many ops would want to transfer. Now here's another big problem. Army of Darkness is becoming a *popular* game (In my opinion) There is absolutely no way that the two servers could co-exist at the same time, one would HAVE to go. A lot of you said that if Zombie Premium was made, you would want it JUST like the classic server. This topic has been addressed in another post, so I won't repeat it, but who (outside of blocktopia) would want to come on a PREMIUM server with CLASSIC settings or a CLASSIC feel. Ok, I know that a plethora of us miss Zombie Survival. But it really is time to move on, and I feel that the ending of Zombie (and other classic servers) was a tragedy, but it also marked a new "era". With Mojang constantly improving Minecraft, there we be numerous more opportunities to make new servers that will attract more players. I think we should leave Zombie to rest, and cherish the memories we had it. Thanks for hearing my out. -Figgy645

• Thank You
Reactions: zezmi

Chillingworth

Reaction score
Gah, I know I'm not the first to say this. As much as aDIE HARD ZOMBIE FAN I AM, , lets be honest guys. Zombie Classic is not coming back, nor is the idea of a "premium zombie" is fathomable.
Why isn't Premium Zombie fathomable? That's a rather silly overstatement, considering a lot of users have brought up ways to do it (see Danni's awesome post).

I would definitely come back to staff. I'm sure a lot of others that have left but stuck around on the forums would too.

Okay, lets say that "classic" zombies was brought back, but in premium. How would this work?

Food set to 3 hunger bars, making sprinting disabled. Insta break on blocks can be done with potion effects, and the block building can be done in ton of ways.

There arent really many ways, except maybe for the nostalgica graphic, that couldnt be done in premium if the devs were trying to make an excact copy.

The plusses with premium, would be many, first of all, classic is going downhill, and it isnt stopping. Premium is where the most of the players are, I know many of us come through classic, but we wont get any new people to the community that way any more, sadly.

Premium got a ton of blocks. That makes map looks nicer =D (In my opinion atleast)

In the end, with the right coding, and mods, Classic zombies could have been brought back the excact same way, but in premium. Why stick to classic?
Danni, I think you swayed my opinion. The only qualms I would have is we would have to keep the server almost identical with the old one (no new game-changing features).

MintyRogi

Reaction score
Gah, I know I'm not the first to say this. As much as aDIE HARD ZOMBIE FAN I AM, , lets be honest guys. Zombie Classic is not coming back, nor is the idea of a "premium zombie" is fathomable.
Why isn't Premium Zombie fathomable? That's a rather silly overstatement, considering a lot of users have brought up ways to do it (see Danni's awesome post).

I would definitely come back to staff. I'm sure a lot of others that have left but stuck around on the forums would too.

Danni, I think you swayed my opinion. The only qualms I would have is we would have to keep the server almost identical with the old one (no new game-changing features).
Well Chill, I feel like its possible, but like I said WHO would want to come on a server thats classic oriented thats on Premium (thats not on blocktopia) Don't get me wrong, you know as well as I do that I love Zombies more than anything, but I kinda think its time to move on from classic

Achieina

Reaction score
I really, really loved the Vampire and Primordia servers! It'd be awesome if they were brought back. I prefer Primordia far more than JtE, no offense to anyone. : )

D

Deleted member 4601

If you read the 14th post by one of tha admins in the new build competition thread, you might notice that he says "six" placeholders in the new lobby. At the moment, there are only 5 premium servers. If there will be 6 portals, assuming the 6th is the old server coming back, that means that it is most likely to be a premium server.

Status
Not open for further replies.