[POLL] What server would you most like to see back?

[POLL] What server would you most like to see back?

• Zombie

Votes: 42 27.8%
  • Lava

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • TNT

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Primordia

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • Adventure & Tournaments [A&T]

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • Solitude

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Hunger Games

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Vampire

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I don't want to see an old server return

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
In light of the recent news (http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/meeting-recap-14-6.12414/#post-210252) that we may be seeing the return of one of the past servers, I thought it would be interesting to see which server you guys want back the most.​
Keep in mind that this is all speculation. We might not even get back a server, for all we know. I'm just curious to see what the general consensus is.​
Also, if you'd like to discuss what you voted for and why, that would be awesome! I'll start with a pretty basic answer - Zombie, followed by Primordia; I staffed on Zombie for 2 years and was Nobility on Primordia. I loved both of those servers and played them each until they closed.​
EDIT: Lava, TNT, and Zombie refer to the CLASSIC servers.

L

Later_Gator

Lava, TNT, Zombie, and Primordia all seem redundant, since we currently have servers similar to them. (EMPHASIS ON "SIMILAR"!) A&T would be the best out of the servers to come back, since there are many different types of games and such compiled into it, meaning it'd be less likely that its playerbase gets bored.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Even though classic will probably not return, because we would face the same problems and the list goes on, BUT DAMNIT WHY NOT! :p
We can always hope ;)

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
To feel like a rebel..I voted the very last choice in I don't want to see an old server come back..

Now hear me out. The reason is because at this point we already transitioned to being a premium based community (Yes A&T and Primordia and Solitude are premium based servers and would fit in the new Premium BT) But why after all the transitions of closing classic down and making the switch to premium would we bring an old one back. Yes I would love to see A& or Primordia back for I never got the chance to play on them. But we have the archive section for people to go down memory lane if we wish.

I'm sorry but this is my own personal opinion and point of view on this

• Optimistic
Reactions: JKangaroo

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
For me it would probably be A&T.

The reasons: Solitude has been brought back, but even though quite a lot of players wanted it back, only a small portion actually started playing too. I don't know anything about that Vampires thing. Hunger games... too overdone in my opinion. Primordia and all the SMP versions would be similar to JtE, and even though I loved the Classic servers, just no. They would probably have about ten players on for the first week or so, and then fall in the dark again. Shutting them down once was painful enough, we don't need to go through this again.

I've heard a lot of great things about A&T, so why not? In addition I really like the idea behind it but never really got to play it myself, so I'd like to see it return.

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Primordia, but to be fair, the levelling system was a tad broken.

I would love to see a new SMP with a focus on warring houses with classes that required no levelling, ie; you get all abilities from the get go. Vanilla MC has lost its charm for me, and I prefer PVP not being a separate world. Personal preference, of course.

It will probably be A&T, or less likely, Hunger Games.

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Well, I voted ZS, because I got my hopes up waaaaaaaaaay too high. We don't have a developer anymore, the directors have found new positions, along with all the staff. I didn't vote for the old Premium servers because, well, I have no clue what they were/too lazy to go look it up ;). Even though A&T I guess is quite self explanatory, well, I ust want the impossible to happen :p.

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
Just to say, as an ex-Guide/Op for A&T, the reason it shut down wasn't because of lack of popularity, it was because of broken plugins. If it came back, but not broken ( I think AdvenTour caused it ), it would be great! It was fun and I hope for it to return! I think AdvenTour has updated since, and I think it fixed it.

EDIT: Just to tag the ex-dev of A&T to see the possibility. I'm only an amateur dev and Gamemakergm is pretty amazing.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Just to say, as an ex-Guide/Op for A&T, the reason it shut down wasn't because of lack of popularity, it was because of broken plugins. If it came back, but not broken ( I think AdvenTour caused it ), it would be great! It was fun and I hope for it to return! I think AdvenTour has updated since, and I think it fixed it.

EDIT: Just to tag the ex-dev of A&T to see the possibility. I'm only an amateur dev and Gamemakergm is pretty amazing.
What about WinX64? He was awesome dev too.

• Haha
Reactions: 123

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score

EDIT: Just to tag the ex-dev of A&T to see the possibility. I'm only an amateur dev and -snip- is pretty amazing.
What about -snip-? He was awesome dev too.
Was WinX an A&T Dev?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

EDIT: Just to tag the ex-dev of A&T to see the possibility. I'm only an amateur dev and -snip- is pretty amazing.
What about -snip-? He was awesome dev too.
Was WinX an A&T Dev?
Nope, but he was dev of classic Lava, Zombie and Premium TNT. Hes free now.

Status
Not open for further replies.