[POLL] What server would you most like to see back?

[POLL] What server would you most like to see back?

• Zombie

Votes: 42 27.8%
  • Lava

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • TNT

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Primordia

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • Adventure & Tournaments [A&T]

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • Solitude

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Hunger Games

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Vampire

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I don't want to see an old server return

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Jayfeather

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Personally, I think if the plugins are working A&T would be the one. All the other servers suggested have something somewhat similar there, and then zombies... The problem with it, is that to give it such a dramatic ending and re-open it won't make it live any better then before. In fact, the people that left are gone now. So yeah, beyond that Primordia sounds cool, but JtE is far from dead :p

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Zombie Survival, Lava Survival, TNT Wars
Well, I don't see them coming back... Classic is dying pretty fast!
I bet, that won't be anymore classic around 2016.
We already have AoD, RoF and PTNT.
Well there may be some differences but still...
Shutdown of classic was like something like:
Sadly we need to do this. But we can now fully focus on Premium now.
It was fun to play on them, classic LS was my first server.

Legends of Primordia
This server would replace JtE, and it existed only for 4 months.
It was shutdown due to number of issues.
A lot of fallout happened after its shutdown, something like now with classic servers.
Elysium is well-balanced server.
For me its true "Next SMP version" after SMP 3.
Primordia was something like mad experiment (well it was good for Premium), and SMP 4 was like desperate attempt to make SMP server.
It was 2nd most fun SMP server to play.

Adventure & Tournaments
I would like this server coming back, but Adventour - most essential plugin - is still in beta stage, probably still derpy.
It was "transition era" server. - after launch of Primordia and before shutdown of Classic.
It was very fun server, but sadly it had internal issues like constant crashing.

This one could be nice addition as hardcore SMP for hardcore PvPrs.
Sadly its popularity dropped to 0 after few weeks.
Maybe thats because of too frequent rainy days? Or players nuking everything, that they can?
I liked to mess up with antennas and messing up with bases.

Hunger Games
Fun server to play, but I don't think it would work as permanent server.
It could be more like event server.

I voted for this one (although I was thinking about A+T and Solitude).
I actually never got chance to play it, as my computer was broken - crashing every 5 minutes.
This server was between SMP 3 and Primordia as "placeholder" before Prim's release.
I think this one would have potential.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Lava, TNT, Zombie, and Primordia all seem redundant, since we currently have servers similar to them. (EMPHASIS ON "SIMILAR"!)

I like your diplomacy there, Gator. :)

Anyway, I'd probably go for A & T, I miss ZS, but classic in general is way too outdated.
Classic may seem outdated, but let us keep in mind that the really popular servers can draw in hundreds of players a day.

Just food for thought.

JtTorso

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see Zombie Survival (Surprise) directly transferred into Premium, same in every way (with tweaks) but in Premium, same game mechanics, etc, That's what I thought AoD was when I heard it was coming out and it simply didn't meet my expectations, I don't think ZS would do well if we were to return it to classic.

The Twilight server (Vampire and Werewolf one) was also one I enjoyed a lot, it was just super memorable for various reasons and it was the beginning of when I really started to play Premium, perhaps the vampire and werewolf mechanics with some other immersive plugins if possible.

A&T is a server I'd like to see return simply because it was a server I don't think I ever played on and now regrettably so, I've decided to start trying new things since then. We've had similar servers either go from premium to classic or some kind of reincarnate of a former server but with a tweak or a twist (Looking at you SMP) but A&T sounds pretty unique in comparison.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see Zombie Survival (Surprise) directly transferred into Premium, same in every way (with tweaks) but in Premium, same game mechanics, etc, That's what I thought AoD was when I heard it was coming out and it simply didn't meet my expectations, I don't think ZS would do well if we were to return it to classic.
The thing to me about transitioning Classic Zombie to Premium is you'd have to keep it very basic to make it feel and play like Classic - no items, one hit kills, ability to transform to a zombie on the spot (instead of being respawned) etc. I agree with you - it would need to be the same in every way with minor tweaks to keep its integrity.

Also, I hate sprint.

JtTorso

Reaction score
The thing to me about transitioning Classic Zombie to Premium is you'd have to keep it very basic to make it feel and play like Classic - no items, one hit kills, ability to transform to a zombie on the spot (instead of being respawned) etc. I agree with you - it would need to be the same in every way with minor tweaks to keep its integrity.

Also, I hate sprint.

Sprinting is one of the mechanics in Premium that I think would spice up classic zombies, different jumps, there's also all kinds of different block types for jump courses (Ladders, fences, pistons, etc), potions would be an interesting element, slowness, speed, etc. They'd have to be very rare. Perhaps disable hunger and PvP but leave in things that could kill you (fall damage, lava) which would make things like armor or featherfall enchantments useful, perhaps a hub like in RoF where you can buy or gather resources, weapons wouldn't have a use, neither would food, armor and potions would be really the only useful things.

anshulgamer

Reaction score
Never knew there were so many, Though My vote is still on zs... coz, srsly, You can't find a better zs server better than blocktopia's in the whole list of servers. I know others hav become more popular, But compared to blocktopia's zs, they are crappy.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Wow. So zombie gets shut down for having no players and it's the one that people want back up!
I guess you really don't know what you have until you haven't got it!
It was shut down like the other classic servers because no one actively searches for a classic server to play, classic minecraft is dying, Mojang is progressing pushing minecraft to premium-only. So even if it did come back (Witch it wont) no new people wouldn't join it, it would only be the old players leaving one by one.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I voted for hunger games, but what i really want to see is something like FeedTheBeast or something, although that would be much harder to control

Excepted

Reaction score
Wow. So zombie gets shut down for having no players and it's the one that people want back up!
It was shut down like the other classic servers because no one actively searches for a classic server to play, classic minecraft is dying, Mojang is progressing pushing minecraft to premium-only. So even if it did come back (Witch it wont) no new people wouldn't join it, it would only be the old players leaving one by one.
i knew that :p I was just saying how it's sort of ironic.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
i knew that :p I was just saying how it's sort of ironic.
I see what you mean. And I know how you feel, TNT will always be missed be me.

Scrable

Reaction score
Minecraft Classic gives me somehow that retro feeling, just like playing the old C&C games.
It got something special, what Premium didn't got. Just these physics, completly in indev stadium.
I know, that it is dieing pretty fast, but well. If it dies, why do we don't use every second of it, while it lives.
Well, I still voted for it. MInecraft Premium is still overloading my CPU and even if it wouldn't. It is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.