OMEGA RUBY AND ALPHA SAPPHIRE

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Dive has to be implemented, it's important to several legends and the main story.

I hope they expand the wild pokemon found underwater, if I recall correctly they only had three wild pokemon able to be found. Maybe a post-game secret tunnel that also leads to a few mega-stones as well.
It would be even better to do what they did with G/S/C/HG/SS. IMPLEMENT A SECOND REGION.

G/S/C/HG/SS had Kanto attached to it. Maybe via traveling by boat in Hoenn you can reach the brand new Sinnoh? I mean. Unova is a bit too new to attach and X/Y? Heck no. too new.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh, so THAT was the time feature that ended up not working... So I can never get into this cave you speak of until Alpha/Omega. D:
I don't recall having problems with Shoal Cave then again I got bought Pokemon Emerald, so unfortunately I can't share all of the nostalgia that is circling about at the moment.

That being said I'm fairly interested to see what they do about that, will they make another emerald game or leave Rayquaza as a post-game catch afterwards. (Just curious, does Rayquaza have a mega-stone evolution yet? If not then I'd almost be tempted to believe that an Emerald Remake could be on its way too.)

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I don't recall having problems with Shoal Cave then again I got bought Pokemon Emerald, so unfortunately I can't share all of the nostalgia that is circling about at the moment.

That being said I'm fairly interested to see what they do about that, will they make another emerald game or leave Rayquaza as a post-game catch afterwards. (Just curious, does Rayquaza have a mega-stone evolution yet? If not then I'd almost be tempted to believe that an Emerald Remake could be on its way too.)
We're talking greek letters tough.

"Beta Emerald"
"Gamma Emerald"
"Lambda Emerald"
It'll be a mystery.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
(Just curious, does Rayquaza have a mega-stone evolution yet? If not then I'd almost be tempted to believe that an Emerald Remake could be on its way too.)
I'm actually really surprised they AREN'T making an Emerald Remake over the older two-versions of Ruby and Sapphire. Emerald was, subjectively, the best of the 3 in Hoenn, and built more on both versions, allowing interactions between the 2 teams (Magma AND Aqua) instead of a singular team to fight. The problems that arose by both ended up with a nice conclusion with the introduction of Rayquaza ending the battle.
I liked that 2-team mixture; spiced things up and made the experience feel more "whole," at least for me.

Hopefully they include a bunch of stuff they had in Emerald, but we'll just have to wait and see~
Oooo, Like the Battle Frontier. Emerald had the BEST Battle Frontier in my opinion. Each zone had a unique and interesting twist on the battling sequence. I especially loved the Battle Pike (really neat design) both mechanically and looks-wise. Could improve the Battle Pyramid's mechanics, as they were sort of clunky (though the Frontier Brain was amaaaaazing; All 3 Regi's man!)

I'm personally getting Omega Ruby.
I originally played my first Hoenn game off a friend in 2nd or 3rd grade year, where she lent me her GB Advanced and Ruby version for the year before she moved away.
I always liked Maxie and how he interacted more than Archie (despite Water being my favourite type).
Groudon has also been always pretty cool; Nice design, kind of strange that he's automatically weak to Kyogre though due to his typing. >.<; He was also a really hard boss the first time through Blue Mystery Dungeon.

All the memories \o/

I think I might choose Blaziken as my starter to match the theme too. =D
And, although these are remakes, I really hope they redesign the cities to be better versions of their past versions. Would love to see going from house to house in Fortree with shifting camera angles, more houses/trees to go to, awesome wind/leaves graphics blowing across the screen. A larger/grander Ever Grande or Lilycove. Amazing shots while ascending/descending the Volcano of Mt. Chimney.... *shivers*

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I'm actually really surprised they AREN'T making an Emerald Remake over the older two-versions of Ruby and Sapphire. Emerald was, subjectively, the best of the 3 in Hoenn, and built more on both versions, allowing interactions between the 2 teams (Magma AND Aqua) instead of a singular team to fight. The problems that arose by both ended up with a nice conclusion with the introduction of Rayquaza ending the battle.
I liked that 2-team mixture; spiced things up and made the experience feel more "whole," at least for me.

Hopefully they include a bunch of stuff they had in Emerald, but we'll just have to wait and see~
Oooo, Like the Battle Frontier. Emerald had the BEST Battle Frontier in my opinion. Each zone had a unique and interesting twist on the battling sequence. I especially loved the Battle Pike (really neat design) both mechanically and looks-wise. Could improve the Battle Pyramid's mechanics, as they were sort of clunky (though the Frontier Brain was amaaaaazing; All 3 Regi's man!)

I'm personally getting Omega Ruby.
I originally played my first Hoenn game off a friend in 2nd or 3rd grade year, where she lent me her GB Advanced and Ruby version for the year before she moved away.
I always liked Maxie and how he interacted more than Archie (despite Water being my favourite type).
Groudon has also been always pretty cool; Nice design, kind of strange that he's automatically weak to Kyogre though due to his typing. >.<; He was also a really hard boss the first time through Blue Mystery Dungeon.

All the memories \o/

I think I might choose Blaziken as my starter to match the theme too. =D
And, although these are remakes, I really hope they redesign the cities to be better versions of their past versions. Would love to see going from house to house in Fortree with shifting camera angles, more houses/trees to go to, awesome wind/leaves graphics blowing across the screen. A larger/grander Ever Grande or Lilycove. Amazing shots while ascending/descending the Volcano of Mt. Chimney.... *shivers*
I'll be taking Omega Sapphire.

Pokémon friend code thread in the forums once the game comes out?
Also. We all can battle once we both finish our games :D

I'll be taking Sapphire. I don't have a real preference when it comes to the legendaries. I just want to fill my Pokédex. Also Sapphire is the ROM Version i played and i have some good memories from Sapphire.

Let's all battle each other with our HOENN pokémon once we're finished playing :D

I'll take Mudkip then :D
Taking fire starters is dooming yourself.

The first gym is Rock. By the time you reach the gym all pokémon you found so far will be Flying (Weak against rock), Normal (Weak against rock w/ attacks) and Bug (Weak overall) And i don't want to take on the gym with a Magikarp. That's why Water and Grass starters are overall better.

Tough it's sad Blaziken is part fighting. I'd rather just port in my Lvl 86 Hitmonchan from my Pokémon Leafgreen game once i'm done playin'

Do you want to play the good ol' pokémon R/S/E? go to http://gba4iosapp.com/ on your iPhone/iPad/iPod and download GBA4iOS. The gameboy emulator for your iDevice. GBA4iOS contains Event distribution allowing developers distribute events like the shiny treecko obtainable in Sootopolis on the GBA4iOS Version of Emerald! It also contains SaveStates. Autosaves. In-Game saves and DropBox support to store your saves in the cloud!

Last edited:

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
The first gym is Rock. By the time you reach the gym all pokémon you found so far will be Flying (Weak against rock), Normal (Weak against rock w/ attacks) and Bug (Weak overall) And i don't want to take on the gym with a Magikarp. That's why Water and Grass starters are overall better.
That sounds like Pokemon Yellow, where all you had were normal/bug types and a Pikachu that couldn't damage rock-pokemon and basically just kept getting squashed by Brock over and over and over and over again because you, as a trainer, sucked at that point in time until you get to Misty~
Good times... Good times...

And I believe most of us put our friend code into the X/Y thread when it came out. x)

Reactions: Summer10

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
That sounds like Pokemon Yellow, where all you had were normal/bug types and a Pikachu that couldn't damage rock-pokemon and basically just kept getting squashed by Brock over and over and over and over again because you, as a trainer, sucked at that point in time until you get to Misty~
Good times... Good times...

And I believe most of us put our friend code into the X/Y thread when it came out. x)
Okay sorry i am not fond of anything past Sinnoh okay ._.
Not going full fucking nostalgia on it but i don't really LOVE unova and i think the 3D X/Y graphics ruin the charm of the old classic Pokémon sprites.

And yup. That's why i always took Squirtle. 1 Hit KO's on his Geodude. 2 Hit KO's on his Onix. And my Pidgey is just sitting there and Pidgey nails the Nugget bridge and Cerulean gym. I reach Vermillion city, Catch a Diglett wich quickly evolves into Dugtrio after ravaging the SS. Anne. then Nail Lt. Surge with my ground-Type diglett. Move trough the caves and when i reach Celadon i grab the Eevee. turn it into flareon. Teach it Charm and a fire move. Nail the Cerulean gym with my Flareon (Fire>Grass) and then take the hitmonchan in Saffron and last but not least. My beautiful snorlax and my team of 6 is complete <3

• Confusing
Reactions: JKangaroo

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Im really sad that no one saw this remake coming, after all I could tell it was coming the INSTANT x/y came with a freaking torchic with a mega stone. Obvious remake was obvious.

First if treeko and mudkip do not get megas I will abstain from the game.

Secondly if they pcrap like they did in x and y where special mega stones for your game specific pokemon are in the other game, another abstaining factor. I can deal with certain pokemon being game exclusive, but the fact that mega stones are unique and one only, well that practice has me fuming.

Third the friend safari is both a hate and love type thing. The fact that you have to have both traded codes, seen the person online AND that person has to have finished the game and further more be ONLINE again at the same time as you to confirm they beat the game(if they had yet to when you first traded codes) for you to get ANY TRUE benefit from the zone is absurd.

It really brings it home when you are forced to trade codes with random strangers that you have no interest of trading, playing or even contacting outside of "got a normal friend zone with ditto?" "Have a xx zone with xx?" No you say? Well the certainly sucks to be you mr poison zone that has muk instead of toxicroak, looks like you won't be getting my code. Certainly I trade codes though I at least battle and etc etc with the people.

ALSO ALSO ALSO LETS NOT FORGET THE RAGE INDUCING PERSON THAT "CRACKED" THE GAME.
SO THAT MEANS THE MEW, THE LATIAS, THE LATIOS, THE HOOPA, THE VOLCANION, THE DIANCIE(sure japan got it big whoop) AND THE KINGS FLOETTE ALL WILL NEVER or be damn near close to never BE RELEASED BECAUSE THIS BUM HACKED THE CARD AND LEAKED THEM. So Nintendo will most likely not release them, much like when the few events that have been canceled due to hacker leakage.

That sort of thing is the most frustrating because when I saw the kings bad ass looking floette I was all 'sweeeet I wonder if I can catch one like that'

Reactions: Summer10

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Im really sad that no one saw this remake coming, after all I could tell it was coming the INSTANT x/y came with a freaking torchic with a mega stone. Obvious remake was obvious.

Secondly if they pcrap like they did in x and y where special mega stones for your game specific pokemon are in the other game, another abstaining factor. I can deal with certain pokemon being game exclusive, but the fact that mega stones are unique and one only, well that practice has me fuming.

Third the friend safari is both a hate and love type thing. The fact that you have to have both traded codes, seen the person online AND that person has to have finished the game and further more be ONLINE again at the same time as you to confirm they beat the game(if they had yet to when you first traded codes) for you to get ANY TRUE benefit from the zone is absurd.

It really brings it home when you are forced to trade codes with random strangers that you have no interest of trading, playing or even contacting outside of "got a normal friend zone with ditto?" "Have a xx zone with xx?" No you say? Well the certainly sucks to be you mr poison zone that has muk instead of toxicroak, looks like you won't be getting my code. Certainly I trade codes though I at least battle and etc etc with the people.

ALSO ALSO ALSO LETS NOT FORGET THE RAGE INDUCING PERSON THAT "CRACKED" THE GAME.
SO THAT MEANS THE MEW, THE LATIAS, THE LATIOS, THE HOOPA, THE VOLCANION, THE DIANCIE(sure japan got it big whoop) AND THE KINGS FLOETTE ALL WILL NEVER or be damn near close to never BE RELEASED BECAUSE THIS BUM HACKED THE CARD AND LEAKED THEM. So Nintendo will most likely not release them, much like when the few events that have been canceled due to hacker leakage.

That sort of thing is the most frustrating because when I saw the kings bad ass looking floette I was all 'sweeeet I wonder if I can catch one like that'
And the lack of longevity in XY.

Don't defend it with the Battle Maison either. I'd rather deal with a pissed off skunk running rampant in my house than do the Maison.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score

Actually, I'm predicting some of the new Pokemon to be released in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.
Mega Latios and Latias of course makes sense for their stones to be released in their own game.
Diancie will be released around the same time that her movie releases in the US, like Japan.
Hoopa and Volcanion have the chance of being released in ORAS, but they could still release in X/Y.
King's Floette, I'm not sure, as that may have never meant to be a giveaway, but probably created in case people ever battle the king's floette itself.
I don't think Nintendo would cancel them just because of that; they bring a lot of publicity to things and keeps the fans happy while they wait for new games.

The megastone specific thing wasn't that bothering to me. I didn't have a need for all of the megastones. Whichever stones I was missing in my version I just traded with other people for. After all, Pokemon is partially supposed to be a game about trading!~

Friend Safari needs a total do over. It's a nice concept, but it's just so ugly tbh. They could create a new landscape for each different type, rather than the flat square.
Then instead of being online at the same time, the info could be stored on Global Link's server on whether a person has beaten the game, then received by Friend Safari.
And there needs to be a way for the Pokemon to change in a Type. If you have horrible Pokemon, then you have little chance of getting a Ditto/Eevee safari unless you have a friend already with Ditto or you reset your entire 3DS.

All of these will probably be touched up on in ORAS more and definitely also in Pokemon Z.

Reactions: Summer10 and IQD

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
There's also now a gameplay footage, showcasing the sounds of primal ground/kyrouge. Mega Sceptile/swamper/blaziken.

A little bit of fortree city, the cycle road, vs roxanne, flannery's gym, liz & tates gym and a bit more.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Holy Shit Mega Swampert....

Honestly tho the Mega Evolution abilities.... meh.
New designs for Brendan and May look like little kids (yeah I pulled an Iris so what) but LOVING Archie/Maxie. Just hoping no invasion of kalos/sinnoh/unova pokemon, that'd ruin the game for me. So far shaping up to be the best ever.... just want my friggin Walrein :)

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
For those who were unsure, it has been officially revealed that Steven in the games will have a MEGA metagross.... It's look is like always on the serebii site.

Apparently hoen will contain "different" pokemon than in the older games, im guessing that means some of gen4-5-6 may be included?

Also, the character images/sprites for some of the gym leaders have been shown, cool new looks for some of them.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I'm liking Mega Metagross!

I'm being realistic and assuming a couple Gen 4 evolutions might make it into the pokedex, like Froslass to Snorunt.

nitasu987

Reaction score
For those who were unsure, it has been officially revealed that Steven in the games will have a MEGA metagross.... It's look is like always on the serebii site.

Apparently hoen will contain "different" pokemon than in the older games, im guessing that means some of gen4-5-6 may be included?

Also, the character images/sprites for some of the gym leaders have been shown, cool new looks for some of them.
NO. NO. NO. THIS CAN'T HAPPEN. (No new pokes pl0x is my opinion) Mega Metagross is cool tho

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
A few more confirmations;

All the gym leaders main pokemon are their R/S for example; wattson won't have manetric, but instead magneton.

Sidney of e4's main pokemon is apparently shiftry, while phoebe's is dusknoir.

the pokeamie (the thing you use to get sylveon in x&y) is back, and is showing how it can be used to dress pokemon up for the pokemon contests. Examples used are various clothings for pikachu. lol at the scientist pikachu.

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
MORE MORE MORE INFO! Mega altaria (dragon/fairy), mega lopunny (normal/fighting), mega salamence (imo he looks stupid, typing not confirmed assuming its staying as dragon/flying)

The pikachu costumes for the contests can apparently also be used in battles. Which also, each costume allows the pikachu a new special move. E.g. "pikachu- belle costume" learns icicle crash.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I don't like the wings or Mega Altaria, but at least Mega Salamence's body looks okay.

Awwww mannnn, another easy to get shiny too, this time it's Beldum. I prefer them when they're rare.

Pikachu cosplay intrigues me at least.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
can we just throw pikachu off a cliff at this point and get rid of the absolutely ridiculous mascot bullshit associated with that thing and call it a day
Carrrlll its so cute and fluffy and yellow carrrrl what mascot do you expect carl? a togepi? carrrrrl its been Pikachu for years everyone hates it carrl, but like you its an evil we've come to understand.