OMEGA RUBY AND ALPHA SAPPHIRE

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
If you go to the serebii website, the first news-post. Tells about the covers of omega/alpha. Or more specifically, the new looks of groudon and kyrouge.

They state they are showcasing "never before seen pokemon", which pretty much indicates, MEGA groudon and MEGA kyrouge.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I wonder how Mega Evolution will be integrated into the game, actually.

Magma Orb/Aqua Orb are actually mega stones?
Mid-Story Twist?
Gotta trade to X/Y for them?
Post Game event that unlocks a lot of them? (imo, most likely)

• Agree
Reactions: Summer10

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Can't disagree with that.

The difference there was, there was a lot to do with it. Very much upgraded graphics, fix the clock issues, add online, and some other stuff. Not to mention, no Virtual Console existed at the time, so that was their only way to get it out again.

None of the above reasons work with these two. Virtual console exists. The game already looks nice. There isn't much at all to fix that I know of. I mean, they could make it 3D I guess, but I think that make take some of the precious nostalgia away.

Re-release on VC? Yes.
Retail/eShop full price game? No.
Ruby and Sapphire are old as hell and they don't actually look that nice. Nicer than the first two gens, but not nice. A rework will make it look a lot better and its not like they're getting rid of the old one. Both are going to be nostalgic for people who have played it. Also, ya they're not adding online, but who knows how they're overhaul this game.

• Sad
Reactions: Duffie and Summer10

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Ruby and Sapphire are old as hell and they don't actually look that nice. Nicer than the first two gens, but not nice. A rework will make it look a lot better and its not like they're getting rid of the old one. Both are going to be nostalgic for people who have played it. Also, ya they're not adding online, but who knows how they're overhaul this game.
So 11 years old is really old now? Sigh.

• Old

Ivy_Paw

Reaction score
Personally I don't really see a point in getting these remakes. I'd need to buy a 3DS/2DS and then buy the games, which both would cost a lot, whereas I would only have to buy the cartridge for the originals, as I already have a GBA and GBC. Nintendo also probably fixed the glitches in the games, and I like the glitches of the old games, such as Blue and Red's MissingNO and [][]'M[][] (which I have caught on cartridge). There are a few other reasons as well but I should really get back to RoF before I miss cookies for being AFK too long.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
So 11 years old is really old now? Sigh.
You keep coming back to that and I keep saying yes
And then when someone else says that the other remakes that you said were ok were 9 years you brough up different points which I promptly countered. Then you responded by circling back to your old argument

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I wonder how a lot of things are going to be handled to get the remakes to the standards of 'modern' games.

-Will the pokecenter and pokemart still be merged?
-Is trainer customization coming back?
-Gen 4/5/6 pokemon, how will they be implemented?
-Will all the water stay? <3

I'm actually hoping for a couple new areas, like maybe an expanded Ever Grande City, there looks to be a lot of space on that island xD.

What was the worst gym leader to fight? I always had trouble with Juan/Wallace and that Kingdra. It was only weak to dragon types back then, and if I recall correctly you could only end up with a Flygon or Altaria by that point if you really tried.

Reactions: Jayfeather

Ivy_Paw

Reaction score
The problem with all the remakes is that with all the new pokemon added in from the latest games, it's even harder to catch 'em all. I only now have caught 135/151 Original KantoMon in Blue, despite having it for over 2 years

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
The problem with all the remakes is that with all the new pokemon added in from the latest games, it's even harder to catch 'em all. I only now have caught 135/151 Original KantoMon in Blue, despite having it for over 2 years
That's true, I've attempted to catch them all multiple times and it always boils down to a monotonous rinse and repeat.

The way I look at it is that instead, you have more options to pick and choose from. Like, maybe you want to focus on catching Gen 3 pokemon, or assemble a Gen 3 team and ignore the other gens. It's fun to do.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
You keep coming back to that and I keep saying yes
And then when someone else says that the other remakes that you said were ok were 9 years you brough up different points which I promptly countered. Then you responded by circling back to your old argument
How did I circle back? It's not an "opinion" that 11 years wasn't a really long time ago, it's a fact. Just cause you happened to be born near that time doesn't make it old. It's like if I'm 10 and I say "2004 was freaking forever ago that thing is so old jeeze". It's not actually old, it's old to me. It doesn't make it actually old.

Nicer than the first two gens, but not nice. A rework will make it look a lot better and its not like they're getting rid of the old one. Both are going to be nostalgic for people who have played it. Also, ya they're not adding online, but who knows how they're overhaul this game.
And here, you didn't respond to anything but maybe the graphics, and just said "Graphics will be better and they aren't even adding online but they might add more". You danced around some of my points, but not much else. You made a point against with the online thing, since it seems to make sense to have it in there given it's been all of them since diamond and pearl.

I should mention better graphics doesn't warrant a remake. If that wasthing, then every generation there should be the right to remake games that came out the previous generation because the new console can have better graphics. If it's addding HD, adding things that were never possible before, etc., then maybe. But this only may add 3D, not to mention the pokemon games have never looked very good, so there's not much for them to do at all.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is going to add things not possible before, they did the same with Heartgold/Soulsilver.(Pokeathlon, New Safari Zone, New routes, Pokewalker)

Besides, if you don't like it, make a statement and don't buy it. At least let us have our enjoyment, please.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
How did I circle back? It's not an "opinion" that 11 years wasn't a really long time ago, it's a fact. Just cause you happened to be born near that time doesn't make it old. It's like if I'm 10 and I say "2004 was freaking forever ago that thing is so old jeeze". It's not actually old, it's old to me. It doesn't make it actually old.

And here, you didn't respond to anything but maybe the graphics, and just said "Graphics will be better and they aren't even adding online but they might add more". You danced around some of my points, but not much else. You made a point against with the online thing, since it seems to make sense to have it in there given it's been all of them since diamond and pearl.

I should mention better graphics doesn't warrant a remake. If that wasthing, then every generation there should be the right to remake games that came out the previous generation because the new console can have better graphics. If it's addding HD, adding things that were never possible before, etc., then maybe. But this only may add 3D, not to mention the pokemon games have never looked very good, so there's not much for them to do at all.
Well you have to look at 11 years contextually. There's both the ages of the people that this game is marketed to (anyone can play but only those picking up rpg's often are probably going to look for Pokemon on the shelves) and then there's how long a game can be in existence before it is considered old. It doesn't need to be 20+ just to be old enough for a rework. Its not a money grabber partly because its not like they would do anything better with their time on producing a next gen. Hoenn is iconic because it was old and because it was fantastic, and bringing that into a more modern perspective is the important ideal here. Plus, to be honest, I have no idea what they're going to add or change. No one really does. So at the end of the day, we may end up getting something "worth" a remake after all. If upgrading the game at all stages (bug fixes if any to making all parts and aspects of the game smoother and more fun to use) isn't enough, then what they will probably do to it (other gens, possible other editions) will be.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
@Jayfeather21 @Pikmon2

Does it really matter though?

You aren't being forced to buy the game, so if you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. I don't really see the reasoning behind starting an argument because someone feels the game's a cash-in attempt.
I dunno I feel kindof silly for starting it but on the other hand I also feel like if someone told me Magi didn't need a season 3 so I feel like I have to defend the honor of something so quintessential

Summer10

Reaction score

--Not to further the argument but you contradicted yourself in saying that 11 years isn't a long time factually and then saying it's all a matter of perspective which is subjective. (I don't know why it's not placing this outside the quote box i think i fucked something up but i'm too lazy to fix it)

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
RSE has been the most requested game of Gamefreak by far from fans. This is more a favor Gamefreak is doing for its fans, rather than a grab at money.
If it was a grab at money, they would just release the same exact game with no actual added features (and subtracting multiplayer), easily outdone by free emulators.
Kinda like, ya know, Virtual Console.
Or they could put work into recreating a world so that both old and new fans could enjoy it (because we all know that the typical seven year old isn't going to be excited switching from the gameplay of X and Y to that of RSE. Standards have changed, and so have their opinions on how good a game should be to be enjoyable). This is an opportunity for all Pokemon fans, young and old.

Also, Halo: Combat Evolved was released 2001. Halo: Combat Evolved was released 2011.
Ten years, in comparison to many things may not be a long time.
But in respect to video games, ten years turned this (Fallout 2):

into this (Fallout 3):

Technology is advancing at incredible rates, and ten years is a span of tons of innovation.

But aside from this discussion, I am psyched for this game! They were my favorite generation, and a remake with all the improvements will be fantastic ^^

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I found the tide mechanic in the old pokémon RSE very interesting. There's this cave where the tide goes up and down depending on the time. Maybe they can utilize this for the ENTIRE region instead of one cave?

Ironically. Even tough it's my favorite region i do not own an original RSE card ._. Only played the ROM version. But the ROM version can't beat the legit Gameboy.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I found the tide mechanic in the old pokémon RSE very interesting. There's this cave where the tide goes up and down depending on the time. Maybe they can utilize this for the ENTIRE region instead of one cave?

Ironically. Even tough it's my favorite region i do not own an original RSE card ._. Only played the ROM version. But the ROM version can't beat the legit Gameboy.
Oh, so THAT was the time feature that ended up not working... So I can never get into this cave you speak of until Alpha/Omega. D:

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Oh, so THAT was the time feature that ended up not working... So I can never get into this cave you speak of until Alpha/Omega. D:
It's not really THAT important. You could always get into the cave despite the tide, just 1 room in it, needed low tide. I think only nevermeltice item, and snorut's only location. Were in that room. Aside from that, everything else is possible during high-tide.

• Informative
Reactions: Duffie

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
It's not really THAT important. You could always get into the cave despite the tide, just 1 room in it, needed low tide. I think only nevermeltice item, and snorut's only location. Were in that room. Aside from that, everything else is possible during high-tide.
I think there was also a red headband or something down there. But i loved the tide mechanic. You could do all kinds of things with it. Also. LET'S HOPE DIVNG WILL BE IMPLEMENTED!

Both that and growing berries.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Dive has to be implemented, it's important to several legends and the main story.

I hope they expand the wild pokemon found underwater, if I recall correctly they only had three wild pokemon able to be found. Maybe a post-game secret tunnel that also leads to a few mega-stones as well.