Nostalgia

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Do you know that feeling you get when you rewatch something from your childhood? Let me give most of you a refresher of that feeling so you understand what I'm talking about.

Now that one or two of those songs have given you that feeling, let me continue.

It's a great feeling you get when you see or hear something that you remember vividly from your childhood and you just want to keep watching or listening over and over again. It expands from TV to movies to video games to books... it's almost endless how many different things can make you feel nostalgic.

Not only that, but it can also be a feeling recreated when you see something recent show off things from your childhood (a good example of this would be Wreck-It Ralph) or a remix of the song you remember. It can be used in a good way to manipulate people into wanting to see or play something really badly, and is used as a good tactic by companies to do so.

So I wanna know from you guys what parts from movies, video games, songs, etc. you remember the most from your childhood and hopefully we can recreate that feeling here.

For me, this made me feel the most nostalgic I've been in a long time (other than the examples above).

As soon as I heard the main part of that song, I immediately began humming it even though I haven't heard the song in years.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
TV SHOWS/CARTOONS
Is it just me, or do the shows these day's don't quite match up to the brilliance of cartoons from back in the day?​
There is just so much great memories, and even with nostalgia, you can go back and just watch some of these shows, and they feel just as awesome as it was watching them back then.​
Modern cartoons just can't reach the greatness that some of these old-timers, and to me, most of these shows now days are really just going downhill... (In my opinion :p)​

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com

YESYESYESYEYSEYSEYEYSY

So many blinking songs I could put, but I don't want to clog my comment up. xD
This song, though, is by FAR the most influential and nostalgic song that I have ever... look, just listen to it. xD
Also, I don't care what anyone says about this, but I still watch the episodes to this day. All 78 of them. :3

This was always my favourite scene, half by coincidence being from the very first episode.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUbUnpTgUMM&t=5m02s

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
This was when Runescape was awesome, thats when I was in it, now it pretty much stinks :(
I'd like to disagree.

The only reason people believe it stinks is because people love to live in the past. Hence our nostalgic feel we get, how we just love the remembrance of what once was; no matter how distorted our memories of it are.

Many things move on, and many things remain the same. Runescape is still awesome, but only in its new way.

... But, don't worry, there's a 2006Scape being made; Runescape, as it was in 2006, completely free. Don't expect it to be released soon, though, as that's quite a lot of work.