My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - New server edition

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
A MLP TOPIC. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU 5EVER.

-ehem- Yeah, I am a hardcore brony. So, of course I would have the above reaction. xD

Im taking my despise out on you for necroposting a topic that
a.) I had secretly hoped would die but cannot close
b.) Was posted half a year ago

In future, if you necropost on things half a year old i will leave rat and equine corpses that are half a year old nailed to your doorstep. I hear it makes the most wonderful smell when summer hits in Illinois.

Anyway, thread revived, carry on as per usual

115Predator

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you have already seen this but...

I'm looking forward to the completion of this project; it looks like it may be the best fan-made animation to come out of the fandom.

Reactions: Spencer75 and Zelz

Megatron

AIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE
Reaction score
Im taking my despise out on you for necroposting a topic that
a.) I had secretly hoped would die but cannot close
b.) Was posted half a year ago

In future, if you necropost on things half a year old i will leave rat and equine corpses that are half a year old nailed to your doorstep. I hear it makes the most wonderful smell when summer hits in Illinois.

Anyway, thread revived, carry on as per usual
can I flood this thread with pony gore yet

seriously it's like an entire year overdue

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

I think I cried a little. ;-;

Ah, gosh. I watched about 8 minutes in, on the livestream yesterday before I went to Topo's house.
They flipped out like crazy when they heard 'It has returned'
"ITTTT! IT!"
Ah, I love MLP. <3

Pfft. I might just have a crazy party on Buildbox, and play some TheLivingTombstone, MicTheMicrophone, TeiThePony, Glaze, etc. x3

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
The season 3 premiere sucked. It was the first time in 50 episodes that I really wanted it to just end quicker

I saw zero, ZERO character development on King Sombra, he literally just stood outside the city and growled for 40 minutes.
I'd have to agree here. Discord also got two episodes but at the very least there was a bit of background about him. He was turned back to stone at the end of those episodes, and this villain was turned to shadow at the end of the second episode aswell.

• Agree
Reactions: ConstructionBoy

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I saw zero, ZERO character development on King Sombra, he literally just stood outside the city and growled for 40 minutes.
To be fair, I think they just focused on the moral of the episode, which was self-sacrifice and putting others before yourself. Also, MLP was originally for children, and a lot of children do watch it, so they couldn't put too much darkness into King Sombra. (Unfortunately.. That would have been amazing)

But, we all have our opinions.

Shinyshark

Reaction score
To be fair, I think they just focused on the moral of the episode, which was self-sacrifice and putting others before yourself. Also, MLP was originally for children, and a lot of children do watch it, so they couldn't put too much darkness into King Sombra. (Unfortunately.. That would have been amazing)

But, we all have our opinions.
I think MLP has realised that the show has gone past five year olds by now. In my opinion they should/could focus more on teenagers aged about 12-15. After all, bronies are well known (wheter that is because they're annoying as hell or because they're just a weird fandom) and MLP has heard of them. I actually think that they've tried focusing on the older age group a bit more than they did when they just started.

Reactions: Spencer75 and Zelz

Shinyshark

Reaction score
Even with this, if the next episode is just as bad I guess I won't be watching anymore milp fim.
Meh, I don't care much about character development. Just take Harry potter as example, I liked the first three movies because it was mostly magic and fun with a little background story. Then the following four movies was all about fighting Voldemort and the background behind it, it made it so complicated for me.

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I think MLP has realised that the show has gone past five year olds by now. In my opinion they should/could focus more on teenagers aged about 12-15. After all, bronies are well known (wheter that is because they're annoying as hell or because they're just a weird fandom) and MLP has heard of them. I actually think that they've tried focusing on the older age group a bit more than they did when they just started.
Yeah. What I meant is that there is still children who watch it. Some of my younger cousins do. :3

115Predator

Reaction score
Ah, it was nice to go straight from Season 1 Episode 1 and be on time to get to Season 3 Episode 1 and 2.

I was disapointed by how King Sombra didn't have enough screentime or there was not too much information on him. But he did serve his purpose in the episode and some would say that the main focus of the episode was the Mane-6, rather than the villain. I suppose the plus-side to the lack of information on King Sombra is that it leaves quite a bit of room for speculations. To me, King Sombra, out of the other villains, seems to be the most genuinely evil.

That would really be the only thing I was disappointed about; the good outweighs the bad by quite a bit. The entire two episodes were, overall, amazing if you ask me.

Ceres

Reaction score
I do believe this thread SHOULD'VE been alive for a loooooooong time, but oh well, it's revived again, because this topic will basically never die anyway. I've seen the 1st and 2nd episode of Season 3, I do believe the could've added more detail into his background story, and maybe a few lines of words; but I didn't really mind it, since a new series has started. And if you expected a funny MLP: FiM picture, check the second spoiler in my signature. C:

P.S: Unless they manage to make another villain like Discord, with the inability of being normal AT ALL, and cause great madness upon everything; the 1st+2nd episodes of each seasons will be boring towards the viewers...