Medieval Mafia - Intrusion :[Sign-Ups and Info Thread]:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Medieval Mafia: Intrusion

---The kingdom of Tralfaye had experienced peace in its time. Secluded high in the mountainous region of the world of Minecraftium, the land had avoided the conflicts brought about by the surrounding territories. The people prospered off of a mainly self-sufficient society, with not much contact with the outside world.

However, with all stories that tell of a peaceful land, there was an underlying evil seeking to bring the kingdom down. It was not a large force, but a small force bent on using prolific examples of power to induce fear and cause mass chaos.

These villainous agents hailed from the neighboring kingdom of Sariou, a land that had recently suffered a large depression due their prime trade partner being involved in a war. For help, they brought Sariou into the struggle. With the routes now treacherous due to frequent raids, and resources being used for the war effort, the economy began to hurt

Sariou called for assistance from Tralfaye, but since the people desired to not get entangled in the brewing conflict, they refused and remained neutral. Even though Sariou persisted with their messages, Tralfaye never caved in. Eventually, they began ignoring the pleas.

Angered by this, Sariou decided, in the midst of the war, to send a select group of specialized soldiers into the kingdom of Tralfaye and to tear them apart from the inside, using whatever means necessary. Not only did rage fuel them, but Tralfaye contained plenty of resources that Sariou could use to empower their army.

So under the cover of the night, these men ventured all the way across the land, climbing the mountains, and secretly slipping inside the walls of the Tralfaye kingdom. From then on, these figures devised possible plans that could cripple the land. Powerful authority figures, such as the king and the captain of the guard, could be eliminated. Their presence gave the people a sense of security; without them, the security would deteriorate.

Meanwhile, a different group of people began to flow into the kingdom, each with a different motive: a mass-murderer, a psychotic but shrewd executioner, and an inquisitive man looking to pick up any side he chooses.

It seemed as though, with all of these elements thrown into the mix, the kingdom of Tralfaye was destined to be destroyed. But the land was no hopeless… they had their own ensemble of strong characters. Not only that, but there was a group of citizens willing to exterminate the evildoers for the best of the kingdom.

The rest of the story… is a mystery. Who would be victorious? The villainous troops of Sariou, the people of Tralfaye, or some other kind of third party?

Let the games begin!!!

General Info:

This game will have an open setup: you WILL know which roles exist.

Roleplay roleplay roleplay! Nothing wrong with a good roleplaying game. Feel free to join in with your own character with your own quirks and such!

It may be fun, but it IS serious: sign-up if you know you’ll be an active player.

Have fun, most important part!

Da rules, as written by Alpha and modified by GmK:
  1. Be respectful and polite.

- You can NOT edit posts. Make a double post instead. (Editing posts should be disabled in any case)
    - After you have died you are allowed to post one last statement, that is not related to the game. Afterwards your posting permission will be revoked from the game.
    - If you have not signed up to play mafia, do not post in the game thread.
    - Do not rate posts (ex. Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree) after you die in mafia. Rating posts instead of making posts while you are alive is discouraged as well, as the posts are the life of mafia.
    - You are not allowed to use the -In a conversation- status as a tool against someone.
    - NEVER post a screenshot with PM's. If you do, you will be kicked from the game with no chance of alternates replacing you.

Honesty and Cheating
    • In all interactions with the moderator, you must be honest.
    • Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game unless specifically allowed to by the moderator. When allowed, only do so in the specific manner allowed. You are free to talk to people about the game in a way of alerting them to new posts, etc., as long as you dont talk about things happening.
    • Do not attempt to access another player's information by technological means (such as hacking).
    • Do nothing that would be considered cheating.
Gaming the System

• Do not quote your role PM, take a screen capture of it, etc. You may paraphrase the role PM.
    • Do not attempt to analyze the mechanics of a role PM in comparison to other players. For example, "the fourth word of my role PM is town." Or "my PM was sent at 11:23, when was yours?"
    • Do not attempt to use a system of robust cryptography, etc. Do not use small or invisible text to attempt to avoid detection.
    • Actions that involve "bets" or other outside-the-game contrivances to try to confirm a player are prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to, avatar bets, replacement bets, etc.
    • At no time should there be pre-game alliances made.
Activity

• You are expected to be an active participant in your game. Do not flake.
    • If you know you are going to be absent a particular amount of time, post in game and PM the moderator that you will be V/LA. Please include the date you plan to be back and posting.
Lynching

• Each player gets a single vote to use during the day that they may change as many times as they wish to vote for any player.
    • When a majority of players are voting for an certain player, that player is "lynched" and removed from the game.
    • Players may vote for "No Lynch." If at least half of the players vote for a "No Lynch," the day ends without a lynch.
Behavior

• No racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. language may be used.
    • Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. It is the nature of the game that players will be antagonistic toward each other at times. However, it should always be kept in the spirit of a game.
    • Always play to your win condition. Never sabotage your team's chances simply because you're angry at them.
    • Do not discuss ongoing games in the game.
    • Do not discuss this game anywhere else with anyone else.
The Moderator

• The Moderator will post frequent vote counts.
    • The moderator reserves the right to alter any rule in the game including any of the rules found in this document.
    • If the moderator makes a mistake on a vote count, please address it in thread in bold.
    • PM the moderator with other concerns.
    • The moderator has the final say.
About voting:

To vote, use the format of vote username. Yes, it must be bolded. Preferably, put this at the end of your post.

Whenever you want to No-Lynch, Abstain, or Unvote, the same formula goes.

For a vote to go through, a majority of the players must have voted on the same subject. When this occurs, everyone stops talking while the host wraps up the day events and prepares for the night portion of the game.

Roles:

To use a role: To use any role given in this game, the only way to use your ability is to PM the host. So if your ability gives you the power to kill someone at night, you have to PM the host saying who you want to kill during nighttime hours. For day abilities, send a PM during day hours saying what you shall do with your ability.

(A ^ designates a role with a night ability. A ~ designates a role with a day ability. A + designates a role with no real ability. A ? marks a miscellaneous role.)

Town-Sided:

^-King Lawrence = the monarch of the Tralfaye kingdom. Lawrence has the ability to protect one player during the night, which blocks them being killed. However, he cannot protect himself or protect the same person in a row. Appears as King in investigation.

^-Captain Gage = Tralfaye’s captain of the guard. Gage functions like the vigilante role. He can attack one player during the night, but he can only do so every other day. Appears as Gage in investigation.

~-Prince Zacharais = the son of Lawrence. He has the ability to investigate one player during each day. He cannot use his ability during the night.

^-Father Hugo = a well-renowned priest in the kingdom, a close friend of Lawrence. He has the ability to block a person’s abilities during the night. Appears as Hugo in investigation.

^-Queen Sophia = wife of Lawrence. She can protect one person during nighttime actions. However, if the person she is protecting receives a hit, she is killed instead. Appears as Sophia in investigation.

~-James Posworth = a rich and powerful noble residing in Tralfaye. He has the ability to have double-vote power at a pinch in the voting (so in the event of a tie, James PMs the host saying that he wishes to use his ability, also saying who he votes for). Can only use his ability once.

^-Neighbor = a regular citizen of Tralfaye. However, he has the ability to watch a player every night. If that person targets someone, he will receive the name of whoever was targeted. Appears as Neighbor in investigation.

+-Citizen(x14) = a denizen of the kingdom of Tralfaye. Their job is to use their voting power to eliminate the Sariou Soldiers.

Mafia-Sided:

^-Commander = the leader of the Sariou soldiers. He has the ability to kill one player during the night. Appears as a Citizen in investigation.

^-Defender = the muscle of the Sariou soldiers. He has the ability to block a player’s role during the night. Cannot block the same player in a row. If the Commander dies, the Defender loses his abilities and gains the Commander’s ability. Appears as Defender in investigation.

^-Spy = the smart guy of the Sariou soldiers. He has the ability to block the information of deaths on one particular day (ALL INFO). Prior to the ending of night hours, he sends a PM to the host saying if he shall use his ability or not. Can only use his ability once. If the Commander and Defender are dead, the Spy loses his ability and gains the Commander’s ability. Appears as Spy in investigation.

+-Brawler = a regular Mafia member. However, he can withstand one hit at night. Afterwards, he can be killed. This immunity does not extend to lynches, and the Brawler will die when lynched even with his hit protection still in effect. Also, the Brawler will become the Commander is he is dead, as well as the Defender and the Spy. Appears as Brawler in investigation.

+-Sariou Soldier(x2) = A regular mafia member, with no special abilities granted. They simply must try to remain out of the known and avoid suspicion, at the same time trying to mislead the Citizens. Only if the Commander, Defender, Spy, and Brawler are dead, can a Soldier be picked to gain the Commander’s ability. Appears as a Sariou Soldier in investigation.

Third party:

^-Serial Killer = a mass-murderer trying to find refuge somewhere to avoid conviction. Can kill one person during the night. Appears as the Killer in investigation.

^-The Hangman = a former executioner with a twisted mind. All he wants to do now is cause disorder. During the night, Hangman sends in a PM to the host of the name of a person he predicts will be lynched tomorrow. If that person if lynched, he gains the ability to kill a player during the night, while maintaining his ability to predict lynches. Must use that kill on the night he earns it. Appears as Hangman in investigation.

?-Freelancer = a paranoid man that always tries to get into everyone’s business. Before the game begins, the Freelancer sends in a PM with a player’s name on it, whoever he chooses. He will be unaware of whatever role that player has. However, if that player dies, he will inherit whatever role they had, as well as their win conditions. Appears as Freelancer in investigation prior to obtaining a role, and will appear as Freelancer when killed. When he gains a role, he will appear in investigation as that role would. If killed with a role, he appears as Freelancer/OtherRoleName.

The Chain of Command:

Hit priorities: Whoever is the fastest to firing the gun. For example, if the Serial Killer sends his PM in attacking the Commander first, the Commander will be killed.

Current action priorities: If a player is killed and he had an action in use PRIOR to someone sending in a PM attacking him, it will carry through. However, if he sent in the action afterwards, it will be nullified. The Spy is the exception; no matter when he sends in his PM to block info, his action will always go through.

Win Conditions:

For Town: The Mafia must be eliminated, as well as the third party characters, excluding the Freelancer.

For Mafia: For a Mafia victory, they must make up half of the remaining players. However, if the Town outnumbers them, they cannot win. If a third party member still exists when the Mafia has achieved this accomplishment, they take win priority, except over the Hangman.

For Third Party: For the Serial killer to win, he must be the last man standing. For the Hangman to win, he must be alive when the Mafia is eliminated OR when the Mafia equals half of the remaining players. The Freelancer will win depending on the win conditions of the role he took. If the Freelancer never took a role and remains a regular Freelancer, all factions take win priority over him.

Wanna Play? Sign Up!

For this game, players of any experience level are welcome. If you wish to join, just say Sign me up. Slots will not be dictated by ‘old vs. new player’. It’s first come, first serve.

I’m thinking around 30 players for this particular game. When that number is achieved, role PMs will be configured and sent out.

IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE, NO MATTER WHAT ROLE YOU GET, DO NOT FORFEIT AND JUST GIVE YOURSELF UP.

If, for some reason, you will not be able to play, send me a PM telling me how long you will be gone. After 30 players have been reached, there will be around 10 reserve slots open for players who didn’t make the cut. So if a player temporarily leaves the game, a reserve player will take his spot.

==Sign Ups List==
1. grimmjowforever
2. Endersteve5
3. Da Jinks
4. Nottykitten
5. Pim
6. Digitalmez
7. Alpha102
8. std1997
9. ansoro2112
10. Ooglie101
11. 77_is_the_best
12. myusername22
13. Ltin
14. Thymos
15. HypeBurst
16. nitasu987
17. Watermelon1388
18. Hunter27a1
19. cooliorules
20. The road to ruin
21. Joshua
22. Jivvi
23. Old_Man_Oak_63
24. UltimateBudgie
25. GmK
26. storm886
27. Sploorky
28. brownlee123
29. Arachadonic
30. Prizyms

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK ME QUESTIONS BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER THE GAME!!!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I'm making a list of every role in the game incase someone gets confused or want's to know the stup just by roles:
Town:
1 Doctor(cant protect self or same person twice in a row)
1 Vig(alternate nights)
1 Daycop
1 Roleblocker
1 Bodyguard
1 One-shot double voter
1 Tracker
14 Villager

Mafia:
1 Godfather
1 Roleblocker(cannot roleblock same person twice in a row)
1 One-shot Janitor(won't know role of janitor'd person either)
1 Bulletproof Mafioso
1 Mafioso

Third party:
1 Serial killer
1 Lyncher-killer(predicts who gets lynched in day. If right gains one-shot kill ablity for the night)
1 sleeper-copycat(chooses one person at the start of the game,. Copies that role and alignment of that person if that person dies)

Reactions: Pim

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
MarsKid

Even though I knew the setup in advance and read the role descriptions, it seems like I missed three things, and would like you to clarify:

1. King Lawrence: Does he only protect a person, or does he protect and block any action that person could use? That isn't quite clear from the description. (Basically, is he Doctor or Jailkeeper ?)

2. Defender: Can you clarify when exactly he can use his ability? Block someone during Night 1, then again during Day, then again at the next Night, which is Night 2? Or once during every Day/Night Cycle? Just want to make sure the ability doesn't cause confusion.

3. Spy: Does he block the info of all deaths or a specific person he picks?

(I love the Hangman btw, but I told you that before ;) )

Also, Prizyms, MarsKid and I would like people that are currently signed up for Mafia Lite 4 to really consider if they are able to play two games at once.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeercrul

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
MarsKid

Even though I knew the setup in advance and read the role descriptions, it seems like I missed two things, and would like you to clarify:

1. King Lawrence: Does he only protect a person, or does he protect and block any action that person could use? That isn't quite clear from the description. (Basically, is he Doctor or Jailkeeper ?)

2. Defender: Can you clarify when exactly he can use his ability? Block someone during Night 1, then again during Day, then again at the next Night, which is Night 2? Or once during every Day/Night Cycle? Just want to make sure the ability doesn't cause confusion.

(I love the Hangman btw, but I told you that before ;) )

Also, Prizyms, MarsKid and I would like people that are currently signed up for Mafia Lite 4 to really consider if they are able to play two games at once.
I think I'll manage playing two games at once.

Also about the King Lawrence part, I'd like to add another question to that:
^-King Lawrence = the monarch of the Tralfaye kingdom. Lawrence has the ability to protect one player during the night, which blocks them from any abilities.
If he is the Doctor, does the bolded part mean that they are blocked from every ability that targets them? For example will the cop/tracker get no result back?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey, I appreciate questions.

1. Lawrence is simply a doctor. I'll make that more clear.

2. Defender roleblocks a player only during the night.

3. Spy can block all info. Essentially a modified janitor. He still only has one shot.

• Thank You
Reactions: GmK

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Day cop will be difficult to moderate as it requires time-sensitive information. However I think its a nice twist!

The new third party roles look awesome, they are my favorite part of mafia, since they have lots of creative freedom.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Questions: In the rules it mentions last statements, does that mean they return? Does that also imply the Dead People's Club is no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.