Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
i just dont see the point of a maf messenger in this game, then again you are right that i dont really see a point in a town messenger either. i guess in my mind he's neutral, but in my heart he's town. I think it will also come down to where inf and skele fall. now that i think about that, in the scenario where both of them are scum, unu is very likely town. if one of them is scum and one town, whats more likely 3 or 4 saints. 3 feels low. if neither of them are scum, unu is more likely scum.

this game is quite unsettling.
It's interesting nobody has come forth claiming to have had a night chat with unu last night - I suppose it was sessy which does support his town claim.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
5 saints is nonsense Imo, would completely throw off the balance of the game. Inffy's and Aqua's roles being so similar seems like it's impossible as well. I'm not sure why Aqua suggested lynching me when he supposedly has a power to clear sinners. Why not look to lynch inffy whose claim almost counters yours. At the least why not lynch a sinner with a much weaker claim like WeakGuy. I would prefer to lynch one of Aqua/Inffy and if that's not possible then WeakGuy.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
It's interesting nobody has come forth claiming to have had a night chat with unu last night - I suppose it was sessy which does support his town claim.
unu said it was skele and that skele only posted 1 message, considering skele only posted 1 message in thread yet its not suprising he hasnt mentioned it himself

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
5 saints is nonsense Imo, would completely throw off the balance of the game. Inffy's and Aqua's roles being so similar seems like it's impossible as well. I'm not sure why Aqua suggested lynching me when he supposedly has a power to clear sinners. Why not look to lynch inffy whose claim almost counters yours. At the least why not lynch a sinner with a much weaker claim like WeakGuy. I would prefer to lynch one of Aqua/Inffy and if that's not possible then WeakGuy.
TheWeakGuy's claim is by no means strong (pun intended) and he'll be either investigated or axed soon., but he hasn't had a history of being obtuse. unhelpful and incoherent.

Your logic and arguments have been inconsistent and lacking in any fundamental reason.

TWG's a replacement of a replacement. I can't have any reads on him yet.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
TheWeakGuy's claim is by no means strong (pun intended) and he'll be either investigated or axed soon., but he hasn't had a history of being obtuse. unhelpful and incoherent.

Your logic and arguments have been inconsistent and lacking in any fundamental reason.

TWG's a replacement of a replacement. I can't have any reads on him yet.
Just cuz you understand it doesn't mean it's lacking. Not being able to have a read WeakGuy is weird, his claim is weak plus with process of elimination you should be able to say something. For some reason you never thought of the idea that you could clear me next night even tho HK did.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
If you are town I see no reason why you want to lynch me tonight, if HK is speaking the truth then he has to be killed today or you can clear all sinners while being healed. This way mafia gets forced into killing saints and we get revealed who's lying and not.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Just cuz you understand it doesn't mean it's lacking. Not being able to have a read WeakGuy is weird, his claim is weak plus with process of elimination you should be able to say something. For some reason you never thought of the idea that you could clear me next night even tho HK did.
How does his claim have any less weight to it than yours?

I can prove someone is a poor sinner tonight. We still need a lynch today tho.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
How does his claim have any less weight to it than yours?

I can prove someone is a poor sinner tonight. We still need a lynch today tho.
If you don't want to kill sinners to confirm em, Skele would be the option as his claim is not credible and he didn't add much but pushing on me in his post. Even if he is speaking the truth mafia has no reason to nightkill him and how power is not that useful. If you want to kill a sinner to confirm the other two I'd want to get WeakGuy. He hasn't contributed anything at all and just comes in to quickly poor sinner joe whiched seemed like a poor forced attempt to claim.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
If you don't want to kill sinners to confirm em, Skele would be the option as his claim is not credible and he didn't add much but pushing on me in his post. Even if he is speaking the truth mafia has no reason to nightkill him and how power is not that useful. If you want to kill a sinner to confirm the other two I'd want to get WeakGuy. He hasn't contributed anything at all and just comes in to quickly poor sinner joe whiched seemed like a poor forced attempt to claim.
Possibly, I'll decide my opinion on skele once they answer my questions :)

Patience is a virtue young vatumok

Good Skele

Reaction score
Does this ability work through blocks?

Is this lynches too or just nightkills?

Please respond/ask Stranger in your dm asap
Will do.

unu said it was skele and that skele only posted 1 message, considering skele only posted 1 message in thread yet its not suprising he hasnt mentioned it himself
Excuse me but I did mention everything? Or did you mean Unu? if so then he mentioned it too

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I really don't want to lynch off of the name thing - especially after I recently brought up I make it a point to intentionally throw people off the scent when naming my roles in games so...

Idk it's suspicious to say the least that inf isn't a saint - I think that's the hardest evidence going for him right now, although his phrasing of his claim still seems susp to me.
UNU isnt a saint either though, and like i said there are thousands of saints

assuming stranger just gave random names its easily possible that a majority of them would happen to be names of real saints

just type in random names in google and most of them happen to be a saint

and my phrasing of my claim was that i undo deals and revoke the consequences of them, surely you can see how id have worded that poorly if i was truly saying that it only protected town from the negative consequences, but its worded fine if im saying it revokes all consequences, in which case its unlikely that the former was my intention

now, inf can cancel deals, which leaves it open for maf to be able to make deals with the devil. however, whats the point in that if the devil is maf.
the devil could be maf and also be able to deal with fellow mafia though. the devil could not know who the other maf are. the devil could also easily still be 3p.

also, inf, if you now think (afaik) that devil is mafia, why was there no n1 kill, besides me protecting aqua? There is no indication that besides the maf kill there is another kill in the game. mafia couldnt have been blocked due to the way the deals work. the only two scenario in which i did not prevent aqua from being killed (besides me lying ig) are 1) mafia decided not to kill n1????, 2) devil is 3p and bulletproof and got targetted by maf kill.
these options yeah, but also 3) that devil is maf but the maf and devil dont know who each other are.

to clarify im not saying its likely that any of those options are the case, thats why i said in my big post that actually its a 50/50 aqua's innocent, because i either believe a) the lack of nightkill n1 was due to some random theory that i come up with, or b) the lack of hypnotist role evidence is due to some random theory i come up with. i have no reason to believe either over the other, so to my mind its a 50/50

With all the evidence we do have the likelihood that I'm making up my claim is ridiculously slim yet Alisha and inf seem to be platforming it like it has a 50/50 chance of being true or not which is insane and giving me really bad vibes.
see what i said above. i agree its slim your role is true, but to believe its false means i have to explain the no kill, which means believing some other slim likelihood theory, so i think it is about a 50/50, not to mention vibes tell me youre town as well

5 saints is nonsense Imo, would completely throw off the balance of the game.
how

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
UNU isnt a saint either though, and like i said there are thousands of saints
Unu is a saint. Literally googling saint jean comes up with the patron saint of canada.

Sure they all could be random names and maybe I'm bias considering my name is Joseph, but the fact you're the only one who isn't shouldn't be disregarded.

see what i said above. i agree its slim your role is true, but to believe its false means i have to explain the no kill, which means believing some other slim likelihood theory, so i think it is about a 50/50, not to mention vibes tell me youre town as well
that's absolute nonesense dude wtf

I know your not a statistician but it's common sense that with everything supporting my claim vs the minor issues you take with my role is not a 50/50 and honestly the fact you keep pushing that idea that somehow it is, is really fucking suspicious.

it's like not being sure whether to send a man to jail for murder despite a long list of provable alibis because he claimed to be wearing a captain america tshirt when in reality he was wearing a my little pony one.

Your logic is inane and very out of characterly nonsensical and I don't like it.

Either you're trying to plant seeds under the basis it's gonna turn out to be a Aqua v Inf lynch scenario - which in itself is incredibly antitown off the basis that we are indeed both townies

or

You're scum and you're trying to sow the seeds of descent to build up animosity against me within the town.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Unu is a saint. Literally googling saint jean comes up with the patron saint of canada.

Sure they all could be random names and maybe I'm bias considering my name is Joseph, but the fact you're the only one who isn't shouldn't be disregarded.
google didnt say that for me until i googled saint jean patron saint of canada

still, if im scum and im fakeclaiming a saint do you honestly believe i didnt opt to claim a legit saint name just in case everyones an actual saint

if you do i am offended

that's absolute nonesense dude wtf

I know your not a statistician but it's common sense that with everything supporting my claim vs the minor issues you take with my role is not a 50/50 and honestly the fact you keep pushing that idea that somehow it is, is really fucking suspicious.

what

you barely have anything supporting your claim

the only way your claim makes any sense is if theres a hypnotist role, which weve seen 0 evidence of yet. which youve agreed with??

being the only cop-esque role is decent yeah but in a game where several people can ask for a roleblock/track from the devil, depending on how deals work, it isnt impossible we'd just have no cop this game

Either you're trying to plant seeds under the basis it's gonna turn out to be a Aqua v Inf lynch scenario - which in itself is incredibly antitown off the basis that we are indeed both townies

or

You're scum and you're trying to sow the seeds of descent to build up animosity against me within the town.
ive said several times i dont want to lynch you and that i think youre town. i couldve easily pushed on the "theres no evidence to support a hypnotist role" but instead i listed reasons for why that could be. my big post was essentially an argument for why we shouldnt lynch you. so if you think im trying to set you up for a lynch, youre paranoid

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
idk if youre misunderstanding my point, my point is that yeah its unlikely that the nokill wasnt because you saved aqua, therefore its reasonable aqua could be town, despite the 0 evidence of a hypnotist role
then why is it 50/50

despite the 0 evidence of a hypnotist role
i got blocked last night. there is 0 evidence mafia can make deals on their own either, so that could be a hypnotists doing as i theorized earlier.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
then why is it 50/50
since its also unlikely we'd not have seen evidence of a hypnotist role yet, if there was one. which aqua even said himself earlier. since itd mean either maf didnt use it, they happened to use it on aqua's targets, or they used it on non-sinner claims which makes no sense.

both scenarios, one where you didnt save aqua, the other where there's a hypnotist, are equally unlikely. aqua feels town and his claim supports his behaviour so that part of him is why i lean town, but looking at the claim itself, alone, is a 50/50 on whether he'd be scum or town imo

i got blocked last night. there is 0 evidence mafia can make deals on their own either, so that could be a hypnotists doing as i theorized earlier.
what do you mean, what could be a hypnotist doing?

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
google didnt say that for me until i googled saint jean patron saint of canada

still, if im scum and im fakeclaiming a saint do you honestly believe i didnt opt to claim a legit saint name just in case everyones an actual saint

if you do i am offended
ill deem the whole name argument wifom, now we can ignore it for the rest of the game

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
my theory was that the 'hypnotist' or 'voodoo player' can control a sinner's action for night. hence they could have voodoo'd a sinner into blocking me last night.
thats not the type of hypnotist role that aqua's role needs in order to be believable though

if aqua's ability is useful there must be a scum role that can force someone into making a deal with the devil, not just using their abilities

we've seen 0 evidence of that yet, but we've also got 0 reason to believe the maf nk night 1 wasnt due to you saving him, so it could go either way

meanwhile Aqua im confused since youve literally said this yourself yet now are coming for me for doubting you:

But there aren't forced deals, we'd know by now...
Honestly thank you inf because this reasonable post actually gives me the out I couldn't think of myself.
...and as inf rightly points out for my role to have strong purpose it'd require some for of mafia hypnotist role to force townies to make DWTD's under the assumption none do.

Status
Not open for further replies.