Journey to Elysium Discussion Thread

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Marnixxie
I have a question, I know grinders aren't allowed, but I'm wondering how this will work with Blaze Spawners...
It's hard to find Blazes spawning on places without a spawner, thanks for the answer in advance.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Marnixxie
I have a question, I know grinders aren't allowed, but I'm wondering how this will work with Blaze Spawners...
It's hard to find Blazes spawning on places without a spawner, thanks for the answer in advance.
Don't trust me on this, but spawners are allowed as long as the mobs don't get weakened. Example: fall damage water etc

Ps: they must be able to hit you / reach you also

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Marnixxie if one were to drink fire resistant potions to confront blazes, would it be illegal since they won't do any damage on you cause of the fire resistance
Stop drinking alcohol, it is bad for you.

Marnixxie so I can use silk touch on Spider/Skeleton/Zombie spawner and move somewhere, so I could have it near home? If I allow spawned mobs to have chance to damage me, like in natural spawner.
No, leave it.

Reaction score

I did some test on vanilla... Since iron/gold/diamond will be easily obtainable in later stages (McMMO), Golden Apples and beacons will be common place.
McMMO only gives a chance of double drops from mineable things each level, and super breaker, which has a chance to give triple drops and a instant mine for a few seconds. Another thing, any placed blocks by the player don't count for double drops.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
McMMO only gives a chance of double drops from mineable things each level, and super breaker, which has a chance to give triple drops and a instant mine for a few seconds. Another thing, any placed blocks by the player don't count for double drops.
mmh, there if Fishing too, which gives iron/gold/diamond stuff at very high levels.
Excavation - same at high levels. Fortunate III will boost diamond and few other drops by ~3 times too.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
mmh, there if Fishing too, which gives iron/gold/diamond stuff at very high levels.
Excavation - same at high levels. Fortunate III will boost diamond and few other drops by ~3 times too.
And by "high levels", do you mean 600+? That would be default, and our cap of 250 would like to have some words with you.

Reaction score
Fishing gives tools and armor mostly, and usually in pretty crappy condition. Unless your at levels 800+, you won't be getting ingots/ores/gems at all. Since the cap is 250, the best you can get is iron tools/armor. The only thing made for beacons from excavation is the chance of a diamond at lvls 350+. Fortune III, while giving much more diamonds and emeralds, does not affect iron or gold drop rates.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
... I looked at this conversation and I am lost at what you guys are talking about...:help:
On the server we use the skill plugin McMMO. With the skills different abilities are given (such as drops like bones, gunpowder, etc. while excavating with a shovel) and I believe the discussion is if the skill cap will get high enough that you will be able to get diamond, iron, gold, emerald, and iron stuff from things like fishing and excavation.

If I'm wrong then please correct me :p

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
... I believe the discussion is if the skill cap will get high enough that you will be able to get diamond, iron, gold, emerald, and iron stuff from things like fishing and excavation.

If I'm wrong then please correct me :p
That's the discussion for half the people, the other half have already realized that 1) we aren't in the future and 2) those values can all still be changed at any time. Even if the skill caps were raised to 1000 tonight, they can still make diamond not available.