In-game pets suggestion (tyguy60)

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Tyguy60 is not allowed on the forums, so I am posting this for him

His thought is that with each rank, you can buy a mobs egg in the store as a little companion.
The ranks to pets is as follows
Player - none
Crafter - dog
Apprentice - cat
Journeyman - silverfish
Expert - slime
Master - iron golem
Grandmaster - enderman

I take no credit for this, all credit to Tyguy60

W

Wimali

Mob eggs in the store?
Most likely NOT going to happen. Also, iron golem spawn eggs don't exist afaik- would be way too overpowered anyway.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pikmon2 and Friendy

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
Ahh, was wondering what he meant.

No, I don't think they will ever sell mob eggs in the store, they can easily be used to harass people and cause trouble, causing all the more work for operators, and I'm not sure if they give you that much good benefits. Iron golems are way overpowered as pets, so are endermen. I don't really like the idea and don't think it will happen.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Uhhh... I can see that Ty means they would be pets and stuff, but if it's just spawn eggs which can be used to spawn in vanilla mobs, then I would like just the cat and dog eggs, which are actually pets. If the other mobs would have some kind of different behaviour if you buy them as pets, then it would be pretty nice, but the way that he meant it, then I strongly oppose it as well.

• Agree
Reactions: cooliorules
D

DarkHender

I remember when Tyguy talked to me about this yesterday.
The general idea isn't half bad.
<get a pet with a set amount of cookies>
There could be a "shop" with it and it would only give you 1 pet.
Make the pet unable to harm anything and be invincible.
T'wala.

But I think if this was going to be considered it'd be a rare thing, that would cost a lot of cookies instead of 1 for each rank.

Tossing it in it could be for master+ and you could pick from this selection of ideal pets instead of being limited to one.

The set amount of cookies that come into my head are 1500-2000. (maybe even more)

Maybe you could even retire your pet for a new one.. (That sounds mean to the pet though >..<)
(But you would still have to pay the set amount of cookies again for this new pet, and your old one would disappear)

But if it was going to be considered for each rank:
Player - none
Crafter - dog
Apprentice - cat
Journeyman - silverfish (iffy on this once, they make really obnoxious sounds that will irritate the player base if you're with them (assuming your pet would follow you)
Expert - slime (baby one)
Master - magma slime (baby one)
Grandmaster - enderman (I'm iffy on this one maybe you could get a sheep or a pig instead of an enderman)

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I remember when Tyguy talked to me about this yesterday.
The general idea isn't half bad.
<get a pet with a set amount of cookies>
There could be a "shop" with it and it would only give you 1 pet.
Make the pet unable to harm anything and be invincible.
T'wala.

But I think if this was going to be considered it'd be a rare thing, that would cost a lot of cookies instead of 1 for each rank.

Tossing it in it could be for master+ and you could pick from this selection of ideal pets instead of being limited to one.

The set amount of cookies that come into my head are 1500-2000.

Maybe you could even retire your pet for a new one.. (That sounds mean to the pet though >..<)
(But you would still have to pay the set amount of cookies again for this new pet, and your old one would disappear)

But if it was going to be considered for each rank:
Player - none
Crafter - dog
Apprentice - cat
Journeyman - silverfish (iffy on this once, they make really obnoxious sounds that will irritate the player base if you're with them (assuming your pet would follow you)
Expert - slime (baby one)
Master - magma slime (baby one)
Grandmaster - enderman (I'm iffy on this one maybe you could get a sheep or a pig instead of an enderman)
This is exactly what I thought. I don't like the way it is right now, but the general idea is pretty cool.

W

Wimali

I actually remember pets (or something similar at least, like the classic pets) were going to be added, a few months ago. They'd be available for Grandmasters and cost around 5000 cookies (as far as I remember). For some reason they stopped working on it however, so I'm guessing pets aren't going to be added. Thanks for suggesting this, but I just don't think it would get added.

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
If I didn't play this server for a long time, this would make me want to play again.

But I do not like the idea of each rank being able to have their own pet (consider it should cost a lot so it is something to work for). Other than that, Darkhender has the right idea goin', man.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Yes darkhenders idea would work well. A few concerns: do you keep the pets Upon death?

Will they teleport with you between worlds?(many vanilla pets get lost this way)

Other than that I think this is a great idea and could be fun though I think it should only be for journeyman+ if not higher with rarer, more awesome and ever more expensive pets available as you rank up.

Edit: maybe some pets could be either seasonal or event based ( snowmen for the holidays)

Reactions: Infected_alien8_
D

DarkHender

Yes darkhenders idea would work well. A few concerns: do you keep the pets Upon death?

Will they teleport with you between worlds?(many vanilla pets get lost this way)

Other than that I think this is a great idea and could be fun though I think it should only be for journeyman+ if not higher with rarer, more awesome and ever more expensive pets available as you rank up.

Edit: maybe some pets could be either seasonal or event based ( snowmen for the holidays)
I would think you'd keep it after death, it would basically be tied to your 'soul' or 'character' until you bought a new one (If you could).

Will they teleport with you between worlds?(many vanilla pets get lost this way): If they were tied to your soul, I would think so c: Of course, I have no idea if this is possible though I think it might be.

Other than that I think this is a great idea and could be fun though I think it should only be
for journeyman+ if not higher with rarer, more awesome and ever more expensive pets available as you rank up.

This idea, I'm not sure if I'm for the journeyman+.
Though I do like the idea of some pets being higher priced depending on how rare they are in-game or how the directors see fit.

Edit: maybe some pets could be either seasonal or event based ( snowmen for the holidays)I like this idea.. You could buy snowman for christmas holidays.
Though they might die depending on the map biome and the lobby biome.... If that could be tweaked it could work.
They would also have to make it so the snowmen don't leave snow everywhere around the lobby.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
A Grand Master could get a pet pig to use the buy-able Saddle on so they can ride their pet? (Gives a reason to actually buy the Saddle too)

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
By retire, you mean make Ogarci make an entirely new section or something of the sort solely for pets, in which if you decide to "retire" a pet, it would go there and you could choose which one you wanted?

D

DarkHender

By retire, you mean make Ogarci make an entirely new section or something of the sort solely for pets, in which if you decide to "retire" a pet, it would go there and you could choose which one you wanted?
If Ogarci wanted to, sure. They could always figure something out.

I think.. I'm saying that.

Basically if you "retire" a pet you're giving it away or disowning it.
So.. I suppose? There could just be a command like
/disown pet
Are you sure you want to disown your pet? It'll miss you!
Choose /accept /deny

I would think you'd keep it after death, it would basically be tied to your 'soul' or 'character' until you bought a new one (If you could).

Will they teleport with you between worlds?(many vanilla pets get lost this way): If they were tied to your soul, I would think so c: Of course, I have no idea if this is possible though I think it might be.

Other than that I think this is a great idea and could be fun though I think it should only be
for journeyman+ if not higher with rarer, more awesome and ever more expensive pets available as you rank up.

This idea, I'm not sure if I'm for the journeyman+.
Though I do like the idea of some pets being higher priced depending on how rare they are in-game or how the directors see fit.

Edit: maybe some pets could be either seasonal or event based ( snowmen for the holidays)I like this idea.. You could buy snowman for christmas holidays.
Though they might die depending on the map biome and the lobby biome.... If that could be tweaked it could work.
They would also have to make it so the snowmen don't leave snow everywhere around the lobby.

I think this is a good solution for my problem.
This way the pets won't be 'spammed' much causing a lag.
Maybe it should be a holiday thing, on Christmas- snowman Halloween- zombie with player's head etc..

Pets being spammed?
I was thinking you'd only be able to have one pet.

Reactions: Spencer75

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Alright posting time!!!

While this does seem like a good idea I am honestly going to have to go with a no currently because I don't think it is possible. The first issue with this is that pets don't carry over on worlds. Secondly they will not despawn with users as I do not believe it is even possible for mobs to be tied in to the player's character and login/logout information.

Next main point; I believe Ogarci and dirtcake tried something like this earlier but the idea was scraped (I believe) because it had issues what with lagging the server and overall issues with world transport.

This is a good idea and I appreciate his willingness to help improve the server but at the time I do not think this is plausible.

G

Guest35486

I think this may be similar to the idea of creatures in the classic lava survival. My idea is that you can buy a wolf/cat/whatever and have them battle. When you want to battle, you get a spawn egg to spawn your creature. When one side wins, the pets "disappear." Kinda like Pokemon. This is just my opinion though :3

PulZe15

Reaction score
Well guys theres something u gotta think about is Lag we lag bad with the mobs and some maps with a aton of blocks in it when u add those pet it would double the lag of the mobs because of the movemnt of the pets and they will follow u and what would be the point of it all alot of unhappy laggy ppl will leave the server because of this 1 add on ao please think about it Thanks.

Reaction score