In-game pets suggestion (tyguy60)

Reaction score
Your problem is people killing the pets... This is already a problem as it is so it would just become more of one. I didn't read the whole thread so I still don't get how to spawn these. Tired of surfing the forums with my iPod. Thumbs hurting...

Mr_Moko

Reaction score
Alright posting time!!!

While this does seem like a good idea I am honestly going to have to go with a no currently because I don't think it is possible. The first issue with this is that pets don't carry over on worlds. Secondly they will not despawn with users as I do not believe it is even possible for mobs to be tied in to the player's character and login/logout information.

Next main point; I believe Ogarci and dirtcake tried something like this earlier but the idea was scraped (I believe) because it had issues what with lagging the server and overall issues with world transport.

This is a good idea and I appreciate his willingness to help improve the server but at the time I do not think this is plausible.
Now I know I'm new around the community (and that the post I'm talking about is from may XD), but with the pets couldn't you have it so they don't get transported to a different world and just have them for the lobby?

And believe it or not it is possible to have a mob be bound to a player and disappear when he or she logs out. I have seen that The Shotbow network has pets that come and go with the player in the main lobby world, so we could just use that for the RoF lobby.

gettinthere

Reaction score
Alright posting time!!!

While this does seem like a good idea I am honestly going to have to go with a no currently because I don't think it is possible. The first issue with this is that pets don't carry over on worlds. Secondly they will not despawn with users as I do not believe it is even possible for mobs to be tied in to the player's character and login/logout information.

Next main point; I believe Ogarci and dirtcake tried something like this earlier but the idea was scraped (I believe) because it had issues what with lagging the server and overall issues with world transport.

This is a good idea and I appreciate his willingness to help improve the server but at the time I do not think this is plausible.
Now I know I'm new around the community (and that the post I'm talking about is from may XD), but with the pets couldn't you have it so they don't get transported to a different world and just have them for the lobby?

And believe it or not it is possible to have a mob be bound to a player and disappear when he or she logs out. I have seen that The Shotbow network has pets that come and go with the player in the main lobby world, so we could just use that for the RoF lobby.
Upon spawning in, Lobby is laggy enough for players. (Someone with an FX-8320 reported a 60 fps drop) I don't see how leaving animals completely in lobby would help people spawning in.

As for the Shotbow Network and their pets, I don't think we would be headed in that direction. The DEVs have to update 1.6.2, some community staff would say we should keep Blocktopia unique as possible, dirtcake said he had important things in his Todo list right now, and keeping up with more entities in RoF might strain the host server even more (considering the mass approval of physical pets).

Also, considering cLava had chat pets, I also think that would be a solution, but as I said, dirtcake said he had important things to do right now. Sooooo, don't expect to see any creatures until staff officially put a saying.

• Agree
Reactions: cooliorules