I'm being forced to resign, thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
This is a very unprofessional way to handle this tbh, thanks for your work though!

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed my time staffing on BuildBox and it warms my heart to hear this.
and sarcastic comments are going to help with the situation?
Your condescending tone is no better than Jub's sarcastic response. I'm not saying Jub posting like this is okay, it's not the best way to handle things. But there isn't a single way you're helping this thread by coming on here and bickering with someone who was just demoted. Please, this thread is about Jub's resignation, don't make this into an argument. I for one am sick of arguing, and I know I'm not the only one. Let's just celebrate Jubjubers, and everything he's done for the community.

F

Fjm12

I've personally never had any issues with you. See you around, bud.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
I am just resigning, though. pls remember this.

Oh, and if you want to bitch/flame/hate, do remember to actually go on BuildBox at some point instead of randomly doing it without ever seeing me in-game, it makes you rather silly when I check your ontime and see there's no record of your name while you hold these strong opinions about the situation at hand.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
Jubjubers

The thing is, with this thread you are purposefully trying to be passive aggressive towards having you resign/ or be demoted. Just the title alone "Being forced to resign". For one you weren't forced to resign, you were given 2 options. One was being demoted, and the other to resign and keep it looking more professional and respectful. You chose the third option that wasn't on the table. Which was to post a thread that was specifically designed to try and show your disapproval with the decision and put "blame" on nillbug for making it. That being clear from the steam chat you posted.

On top of that your ending quote about needing both butchers and shepherds is yes true, and while I know I'm not familiar with the circumstances of your demotion/resignation, that does not relate to my point here. From the info stated in the steam conversation, you are the butcher in this sense and while its necessary, that's not what you were demoted for. Keep in mind this is all from that steam conversation which is the info YOU volunteered for us to see by posting it. You were the butcher, but you were being demoted for (being figurative like the quote)poking and harassing the animal to be butchered which is not the job of the butcher.

So my ultimate point is yes, do not let us make a big stink about this. However putting such a hugely passive aggressive thread and then telling people they are not allowed to take a side because they don't know the entire situation is just trying to stick it to everyone. To try and make yourself feel superior to anyone who might get upset or dislike the fact that you posted this thread.

Also telling them to go on the server when they have a problem? You are trying to start an argument about this ON the server? The proper thing to do would be to have them start a private conversation on the forums. But that just seems you want witnesses to the arguments someone may have for you. On top of that people don't have to be on the server to know you. Everything you post on the forums or have conversations outside the server ALSO contribute to people being able to know you. Why does it have to be on the server for someone to have an opinion of the things you do on the forums?

This thread was designed to spark a fight. Then you tell community members they have no right to be making posts calling you on this, it's exactly what you had wanted. Otherwise there was no point to making the thread so passive aggressively. You would have simply resigned, or perhaps stated that it was because the higher staff didn't agree with your point of view on how to be a controller, but not to try and put the blame on nillbug for doing what he thinks is best. You are more than allowed to disagree but this thread is downright disrespectful.

And thank you Biblius for trying to keep things calmer and less aggressive.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Jubjubers

The thing is, with this thread you are purposefully trying to be passive aggressive towards having you resign/ or be demoted. Just the title alone "Being forced to resign". For one you weren't forced to resign, you were given 2 options. One was being demoted, and the other to resign and keep it looking more professional and respectful. You chose the third option that wasn't on the table. Which was to post a thread that was specifically designed to try and show your disapproval with the decision and put "blame" on nillbug for making it. That being clear from the steam chat you posted.

On top of that your ending quote about needing both butchers and shepherds is yes true, and while I know I'm not familiar with the circumstances of your demotion/resignation, that doesn't not relate to my point here. From the info stated in the steam conversation, you are the butcher in this sense and while its necessary that's not what you were demoted for. Keep in mind this is all from that steam conversation which is the info YOU volunteered for us to see by posting it. You were the butcher, but you were being demoted for (being figurative like the quote)poking and harassing the animal to be butchered which is not the job of the butcher.

So my ultimate point is yes, do not let us make a big stink about this. However putting such a hugely passive aggressive thread and then telling people they are not allowed to take a side because they don't know the entire situation is just trying to stick it to everyone. To try and make yourself feel superior to anyone who might get upset or dislike the fact that you posted this thread.

Also telling them to go on the server when they have a problem? You are trying to start an argument about this ON the server? The proper thing to do would be to have them start a private conversation on the forums. But that just seems you want witnesses to the arguments someone may have for you. On top of that people don't have to be on the server to know you. Everything you post on the forums or have conversations outside the server ALSO contribute to people being able to know you. Why does it have to be on the server for someone to have an opinion of the things you do on the forums?

This thread was designed to spark a fight. Then you tell community members they have no right to be making posts calling you on this, it's exactly what you had wanted. Otherwise there was no point to making the thread so passive aggressively. You would have simply resigned, or perhaps stated that it was because the higher staff didn't agree with your point of view on how to be a controller, but not to try and put the blame on nillbug for doing what he thinks is best. You are more than allowed to disagree but this thread is downright disrespectful.

And thank you Bilius for trying to keep things calmer and less aggressive.
This man has said pretty much everything I refrained from saying, thank you.

Suikae

Dat Typo Queen
Reaction score
Although I never had a close connection with you were an overall great guy.
I saw you on classic and on BuildBox, you were a fun person to hang out with time from time. Aside from being a great person you handled your role as a staff member amazingly from what I collected, and we're thankful to you.
Thank you for all your hard work, Jubs! c:

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Jubjubers, I have seen your work as a controller and you do your job and you do it well, and while I do not see it truly fit that you are being forced to resign for strictness, among other things, that's not my decision to make and I know this. But if I could, you would definitely stay as Controller without question. You're friendly, helpful, but I do agree with nillbugwtw about the strictness SOMEWHAT, not fully, but definitely to some extent. But if you are truly being forced to resign, and the decision has been made, then I will tip my hats off to you, because you have done some amazing things you man. And are you ready for the half-joking, half-serious thing I'm going to say?

+1 For being a nice guy overall, and someone with creativity that soars to the four corners of the universe. Take care, I'll definitely miss you.

Naterger

Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
One thing i'd like to make a point at is half of you are unaware of the job of buildbox staff. We sign on and are literally bombarded with (for the most part) awful builds which players believe are great and that they deserve builder for but in reality just needs to be scraped...so I understand completely where the "rudeness" comes from. In reality it's not even jubs being rude, just straight forward.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Going to say this once and only once: Keep the negativity and any sort of arguments out of this thread.

We're all friends in this community. You're all welcome to criticize Jub for how good he did or what he probably did wrong and help suggest what to improve, but if I see any sort of negative or disheartened replies on this thread, they are being deleted and you'll most likely get a forum warning+ for it. Already had to delete one so far, lets keep it that way.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
One thing i'd like to make a point at is half of you are unaware of the job of buildbox staff. We sign on and are literally bombarded with (for the most part) awful builds which players believe are great and that they deserve builder for but in reality just needs to be scraped...so I understand completely where the "rudeness" comes from. In reality it's not even jubs being rude, just straight forward.

As a previous staff member for quite a long time, staffing on build box was not exactly and isn't exactly "stressful", griefing takes next to nothing to clean up now as the plugins are much better than what they used to be, and unless you are the only staff member online then you do not need to do it all yourself.

I'd also like to point out that there is a very big difference between being rude and being straight forward, being straight forward is more to the point, for example.. "Look, I'm going to be straight-forward with you, I don't think we can be friends" But calling someone a C#!& is out-right rude and very disrespectful.

• Agree
Reactions: hrjyuuyt12 and Zelz

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
You were probably one of the rudest admins I've ever met. Justice is served. Revenge is sweet :)
Thank you so much for bringing something that we really needed in this thread: self-righteous name calling. Come on now, this is neither the time nor place to 'get even'. Revenge may be a dish best served cold, but it gives you food poisoning 90% of the time, so stop eating it.

But there isn't a single way you're helping this thread by coming on here and bickering with someone who was just demoted.
I think the most amusing part is this is a member who, not only had to make an alternate account to muster up some testes and chesthair for mean-spirited criticism, but potentially, also claimed to have left the community for 2 years on his alt.

Outstanding.

Anyway, moving on.

AngelWV -
Most people think you're an arse.
Most people think i'm an arse (true story)

We just have the good sense not to go and shout it at the first opportunity. Shit happens, guy loses rank, grass grows world turns. If anyone has a chip on their shoulder THAT BIG that they need to go out of their way to state their (grotesquely smug) satisfaction with the turn of events and further go on to attempt assassination of that someones character, they probably need to sit down and have a good, long, sobering think about the commitment they put into being petty.

There's a world of difference between disagreeing with how he staffed and going on a tirade about how awful he was. Now, if people want to use this as a platform to discuss his demotion and if you personally disagree/agree with it/his actions, that's entirely your choice and I don't think anyone has an issue with that. But avoid using this thread as a soapbox to go on a tirade and kick someone whilst they're down, it reflects very poorly on you.

Edit: Disney summarized my ramble far better.

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
I can't tell who Malco is referring to about the alt account between the other two people referred to in his message, but that's probably not my business. But to the others in this thread, seriously, calm down and be civil about this.

Moving on, I've refrained from posting here cos it kind of bothered me when I first saw the thread. Jub, I think you're a fairly nice person, but I have to agree with Nill's side. I trust Nill because he's the Admin, and I've staffed alongside him plenty to know that he is capable of making decisions.

It is possible to be a tough and kind moderator as well. You can have both because I know plenty of people who were. Being able to deal with each situation in a way that alleviates the tension and preserves the atmosphere of the server is best, but being "unkind" as Nill said, often causes tension that ruins the mood of everyone online. It also pisses off the person you warned, but that's obvious. :p

Anyway, I suggest you take a break for a few months, and come back to the server afterward. Tolerance and calmness is key. I'm sure you could reapply in a few months if you wanted, under the circumstances that you aren't acting like what caused this mess. Everybody makes mistakes, learning from them is the best part. ;) It's the best advice I can give you, considering I don't go on BB nor have I seen you staff before.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I've been sitting on the fence about coming into this-- but I've found it to be quite an interesting thread. I honestly don't know the full story as to why Jubjubers was requested to resign or be demoted-- aside from the chatlog that he posted and then a few pieces here and there, but I just feel like saying something.

Since he was part of staff for Buildbox-- which is a creative server-- one thing that I've seen them do the most, amongst other things, is critique a player's work for when they want to rank up. So that's what I want to focus on.
It's not an easy task to give constructive criticism on someone else's work-- be it in Minecraft, school, or work -- In some regards, you would have to be truthful and professional toward that other person and tell them your opinion about their work.

Things such as aesthetics-- what's working or what isn't? Is it appropriate for what the client is asking? Are they missing something? Perhaps their work is just amazing and you stop at that. There can be many things that you can focus on whilst critiquing their work. But most importantly, you have to follow up with your critique and offer advice on how to make their work better. Which is actually the fun part of the process because first, you can be excited about what they're working on and come up with loads of ideas-- be it relevant or random-- And second, you're helping them progress with their work.

But sometimes, things just don't go as planned. You'll probably offend the person with your opinion on their work which they may take to the heart then become emotional and defensive towards you. Sometimes it's hard for people to understand the meaning of a critique-- It's not about you, It's about your work -- that's how I see it. But if you're dealing with a sensitive person, then you should try to sympathize with them. If they say that they'll destroy their work and start loathing about what they've shown to you-- then you have to offer them some emotional support. Things such as "Keep going, you'll find a solution", "Practice makes perfect", or "Fail again, Fail better". Something that keeps their hopes up because it's not the end of the world if they didn't create a work of art.

I know that this sort of advice may be out of the blue or confusing, but this is what I can offer judging by the posts in this thread. Although, I may have misinterpreted some posts incorrectly and came up with the conclusion that certain players were hurt by Jubjubers' critiques.. so yeah.

To be frank though, I also think that the way Jubjubers' handled this situation was quite unprofessional. He shouldn't have divulged information such as this because somehow it seems like it separates part of this community and perhaps makes the Admin seem bad for "forcing" him to resign or be demoted. Then again, posting this thread was ultimately his call.

It'd be nice to have evidence about his misconduct toward other players/staff though.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Deleted my own shitstorm posts; all that I have to say is that everyone has their ups and downs, and Jub had some bipolar high ones, but he got pulled over for being overzealous, which, upon being put into context, isn't very bad at all. You had a good run, Jub, and you're fun to be around. Best luck in your future endeavours

Mirgeaux

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I was a bit mean. Sorry Jub! You were pretty funny sometimes. Good luck with whatever you do in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.