Host City For New Sky Tower

Would you want this tower built in your families capital city?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No.

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Actually, He isn't, And you saying that could stir some things up, It isn't about rivalry or anything like that, Nobody is even realising the fact that they are easily just throwing money away, Do you really think you'll make 25,000 Shillings back from 1 room rented as a cheap price so players actually stay at the hotel, As having it like 1,000 Shillings a week will still take 25 weeks to make money back, I don't know many players who would pay 1,000 a week.
I would also like to finish with the fact that not everything you buy is to get a profit out of it. The point of money is to buy things as either luxury or necessities.

This building is a huge luxury building that obviously some people would like to enjoy. It's not really your job to question what they want... I'm sure they thought about the decision before they put in tonnes of money. You can't be trying to tell me that NONE of the 10's of bidders didn't think about you were thinking? :C

As much as everyone is entitled to their opinion, you kind of derailed a thread and started a mini-argument between the members here. As a staffmember, my job is to stop such disputes, and thus I am 'gently' asking you to stop trying to 'show people the light'.

As I am not in the slightest bit angry, nor holding a grudge or anything... feel free to continue this 'argument/discussion' with me in a PM. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong :)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Angel, you can keep your opinions about the auction to yourself thanks. This building is for the rich, who are buying it as a statment of power mostly. Plus the views of course. Oh, and actually, your wrong about this being non profitable. The rooms are for the wealthy who are willing to pay good money for a room with a view. So I would appreciate it if you stopped making this auction, and me for that matter, look pathetic. I understand that's probably not your goal, but regardless that's what it's doing.

And actually, Defiant is right. The families are bidding this high because of the rivalry between the two. Now, this is an auction. Not an economy debate, so please, keep on topic.
-Edited-
Have fun.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm adding 9,000 Shillings to the current bid, Raising Aeres to 34,000S.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Honestly, I would like to withdraw my bid. I'll need the money soon, though I still hope Aeres gets it! (As long its okay for me to withdraw it). By the way, 500S is the smallest possible bid here.

Mac27

Your local Macintosh XXVII
Reaction score
When bidding chaps, remember you cannot bid a number that isnt rounded to the nearest zero or five hundred. You can't bid 250 or 400 shillings or anything like that.

Also, in 24 hours the auction will close! At exactly 8:30pm GMT +12 on the 8th of January. So you have 24 hours left to bid. The family with the highest bid at that time will automatically be declared the auction winner.

Thanks to you all for supporting this fundraiser! Special thanks to Defiant for keeping track of the bids. I would have struggled to do so on my phone (Im on holiday with no internet access other than 3G net)

Cheers to all the bidders, and rest assured, you will see this building towering over either New Arcem or SkyLand City soon! 24 Hours to go!