Host City For New Sky Tower

Would you want this tower built in your families capital city?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No.

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
I was ready to bid all my life savings for Gaia, too, but then I looked at the current bids, notably Gaia's bid... xD
We haven't even applied. This tower is supposed to be in the capital city, correct? I don't think we have room for that, thought the political area could be just big enough, but we couldn't have anything else, then. Also I think a small amount of the church sort of lurks over a bit of every area.

Then again, the tower could be just what we need to get Gaia back on it's feet...

HOWEVER, last I checked the stone brick chest (a few minutes ago) it was totally empty, so I don't think we could donate any resources :S If we had them I'd be willing to.

THE THOUGHT IS APPRECIATED THOUGH, BOYS!

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
We haven't even applied. This tower is supposed to be in the capital city, correct? I don't think we have room for that, thought the political area could be just big enough, but we couldn't have anything else, then. Also I think a small amount of the church sort of lurks over a bit of every area.

Then again, the tower could be just what we need to get Gaia back on it's feet...

HOWEVER, last I checked the stone brick chest (a few minutes ago) it was totally empty, so I don't think we could donate any resources :S If we had them I'd be willing to.

THE THOUGHT IS APPRECIATED THOUGH, BOYS!
Ah. Well, if for some reason Gaia pulls up some funds and potential resources, anyone feel free to let me know and I'll chip in. :D

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Updated bids. People, if you would, can you post your total bid if you re-bid with more?
Instead of saying "1000 more for me" say "1000 more for me. I've now bidded 3000". Or something a long those lines. Makes it easier for me to track.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You know what I've realised that nobody else hasn't? You wont profit. Almost everyone in any family can build a free house in their family zone, So why would they pay a tonne of money for a house inside this building? You pay and you'll never see that money back again, I say just let Dagon have it and we can save up for supplies for Aeres.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
You know what I've realised that nobody else hasn't? You wont profit. Almost everyone in any family can build a free house in their family zone, So why would they pay a tonne of money for a house inside this building? You pay and you'll never see that money back again, I say just let Dagon have it and we can save up for supplies for Aeres.
In theory, Dagon can still gain a marginal profit from renting the rooms, but would still have a crippling debt beforehand.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
In theory, Dagon can still gain a marginal profit from renting the rooms, but would still have a crippling debt beforehand.
Why would someone want to live in it though when they can live in a perfectly fine house, with all the needs for free?

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Living in the thriving cultural hub of our capital city, with a stunning view?
And? That isn't the point, People would rather live for free in a decent house/town rather than have to pay, Simple.

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
And? That isn't the point, People would rather live for free in a decent house/town rather than have to pay, Simple.
XD Thing is, in Dagon we have seprate housing developments if you want a home. Many important events and things happen in the capital, having a rented room in the capital speeds up the time needed to do things. Plus, the veiw is stunning ;D

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Not really, we just want it in our town since it will look good with the view and will suit the theme.

Wortho is making it seem like a rivalry with his posts though... :I
Actually, He isn't, And you saying that could stir some things up, It isn't about rivalry or anything like that, Nobody is even realising the fact that they are easily just throwing money away, Do you really think you'll make 25,000 Shillings back from 1 room rented as a cheap price so players actually stay at the hotel, As having it like 1,000 Shillings a week will still take 25 weeks to make money back, I don't know many players who would pay 1,000 a week.

Mac27

Your local Macintosh XXVII
Reaction score
Angel, you can keep your opinions about the auction to yourself thanks. This building is for the rich, who are buying it as a statment of power mostly. Plus the views of course. Oh, and actually, your wrong about this being non profitable. The rooms are for the wealthy who are willing to pay good money for a room with a view. So I would appreciate it if you stopped making this auction, and me for that matter, look pathetic. I understand that's probably not your goal, but regardless that's what it's doing.

And actually, Defiant is right. The families are bidding this high because of the rivalry between the two. Now, this is an auction. Not an economy debate, so please, keep on topic.