Host City For New Sky Tower

Would you want this tower built in your families capital city?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No.

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Mac27

Your local Macintosh XXVII
Reaction score
Greetings ladies and gentlemen. A new project is on the horizon for a city within Primordia. Which city you ask; well, that is for you to decide. Let me explain with a story. About a year ago, I, Mac27, built a tower on our old classic build server. Now, a year on, I am going to built a tower of similar dimensions. This version will most likely be residential apartments, luxury, residential apartments. The tower will be very tall, and at the top; a large penthouse for a member of the family in which the tower is located to live. Sounds all very nice eh? Well there is one little catch, I can't decide on which city would suit the tower best.

So this is how this will work: Below is an application to host this new building (of which I have not named yet). There are terms and conditions (not 40 pages long like Apples' and Microsofts though so don't panic). So, if you are a high ranking member of a family reading this, please, read on.

A taste of what this building will be like.

Terms and Conditions. Weeeee.
  1. The host city will get a large say in what the building is made from
  2. The host city will get ALL profit gained from the renting of the apartments (Should they choose to have a fee)
  3. The tower will have surrounding gardens built to match the city gardens
  4. The host city will have to provide furnishings for the apartments to their taste.
  5. The building will require a space around 50x50 blocks
  6. The building will need to be built around other tall-ish buildings so it doesn't look out of place.
  7. The host city may need to supply small amounts of materials
  8. The Highest floor will probably be rented out as a luxury penthouse.
  9. The builders will supply an elevator system.
  10. All Apartments will have reasonable sized storage space
More may be added when Mac thinks of them.

The Application Form

• Family Name?
  • Your IGN?
  • City that will contain the tower?
  • Grid reference to space on the live map?
  • Would you be willing to provide small amounts of materials?
  • How many shillings would you be willing to pay for this building to be hosted in your city? Bearing in mind you will collect all profits.
  • What would you want the tower to be made from?
Thanks for reading, and if you have any suggestions, or would like to help; feel free to leave a message in this thread.

Important!
All profit from this auction will be going towards an up coming community project, the details of which you will hear about in the near future. So this is a fundraiser, so to speak. Plus it gives a city a lovely skyline ;)

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
[Panel]
Aeres
New Arcem current bid = 52.5k Shillings.

Dagon
SkyLand City current bid = 51k Shillings

Primus
Orken current bid = 0.001k Shillings

Therefore, as you can see, Dagon leads the auction with their bid of 27k Shillings![/panel]

[Panel]
Family Name: Aeres
In-Game Name: Defiant_Blob
City: New Arcem
Coordinates: 600, -900 (coordinates of city, I've yet to set aside a space for the Sky Tower)

Able to provide some materials? Yes
Current Bid: 20k s

Defiant_Blob - 6k​
uhtr5r 5k​
Preferred materials: Stone based materials, with details/highlights of wood and sand. Iron and other blocks can be used for decoration/detail as well. I'd prefer glowstone/lava for most if not all lighting, though torches/jack-o-lanterns could always be used if it fits better aesthetically. Oh, and fountains. Fountains always look good.

Though, I can't tell you the exact spot I'd prefer in New Arcem yet, since I'm still on holiday. This Friday I'll hopefully have set up a spot for the Sky Tower where you could build, should you choose New Arcem to hold the great Sky Tower.[/panel]​

Mac27

Reaction score
@Mac27 For how long will the bidding process be?
It will be until the 8th of January, but construction won't begin until the 14th as I am on holiday from the 5th until the 14th.

5 Days to get bids in ladies and gentlemen.

Also, I am running on my time, GMT +12 so it might pay to get the bid in earlier rather than later.

BrickWolf

The Concrete Dog
Reaction score
Family Name: Dagon
In-Game Name: BrickWolf
City: SkyLand City
Coordinates: -380, 744

Current Bid: 2000 shillings
Preferred materials: Stone Bricks and Wood, generally Glowstone for lighting. The rest is up to your discretion, and we can plan it out as we go along.

I have no idea where this will be as well, as we're current in the middle of setting up the city. The tower, however, would be a wonderful incentive to live and visit the city, and we would be very honored to have it.

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Family Name: Aeres
In-Game Name: Defiant_Blob
City: New Arcem
Coordinates: 600, -900 (coordinates of city, I've yet to set aside a space for the Sky Tower)

Current Bid: 1000 s
Preferred materials: Stone based materials, with details/highlights of wood and sand. Iron and other blocks can be used for decoration/detail as well. I'd prefer glowstone/lava for most if not all lighting, though torches/jack-o-lanterns could always be used if it fits better aesthetically. Oh, and fountains. Fountains always look good.
New Bid of: 5000 shillings (i'm not out of the family yet boys ;))

Mac27

Reaction score
Auction information:

• A private Dagon bidder has added 3500 Shillings on top of the highest Dagon bid.*
  • The auction will now rise in sets of 500 shillings, feel free to jump through several sets of 500, as has been done previously. However you can't bid say 5689 shillings. That would be rounded to 6000.
  • All proceeds from this auction are going towards an up coming community project.
Cheers folks.

*Therefore the current Dagon bid stands at 5500 shillings and leads the auction.

Reactions: Araidian

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Auction information:

• A private Dagon bidder has added 3500 Shillings on top of the highest Dagon bid.*
  • The auction will now rise in sets of 500 shillings, feel free to jump through several sets of 500, as has been done previously. However you can't bid say 5689 shillings. That would be rounded to 6000.
  • All proceeds from this auction are going towards an up coming community project.
Cheers folks.

*Therefore the current Dagon bid stands at 5500 shillings and leads the auction.
I would like to add another 1000s towards the Dagon bid so that it stands at 6500s :D

Mac27

Reaction score
Alright, so this is how things stand:

Aeres
New Arcem current bid = 6000 Shillings.

Dagon
SkyLand City current bid = 10500 Shillings

Therefore, as you can see, Dagon leads the auction with their bid of 10500 Shillings!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Mac is making quick cash :), I was going to bid 6,500 shillings but I forgot I'm going to be doing something special with that!

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
i dont spend my money anyways have tons of it just sitting there i'll throw in 5,000 for aeres. making the total 12,000.
oh look, another 3,000

15,000 for Aeres (funny thing, I even left Aeres)

breakdown:
Defiant_blob:1000
Uhtr5r:7000
awwwyea:1000
Wortho27:1000
k1nghoward:5000

Mac27

Reaction score
Hells bells.. Uhh okay so, this (I think) is the current stands:

Aeres
New Arcem current bid = 15000 Shillings.

Dagon
SkyLand City current bid = 13000 Shillings

Therefore, as you can see, Aeres leads the auction with their bid of 15000 Shillings!