Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Any tips on how to create a deck? I've been playing with the default decks but I am not sure how to get started on a custom.
Erm.
If you want to climb the ladder, there are "net decks" all over the place. There you'll find decklists of commonly played decks: Handlock, and...What else is popular right now?

You could follow TotalBiscuit's example and make gimmick decks: decks that follow a specific theme (demons, tokens, card draw, secrets, all legendaries, etc.) They tend to be fun but expensive to craft.

I just kind of throw together a bunch of random cards and roll with it. I made some revisions to my first ever custom deck and it's served me pretty well so far (Rank 16...For a deck that's missing a lot of cards, not bad)

Sploorky

Reaction score
Erm.
If you want to climb the ladder, there are "net decks" all over the place. There you'll find decklists of commonly played decks: Handlock, and...What else is popular right now?
Handlock, deathrattle priest, face hunter. Zoo and aggro mage are prevalent enough as well(and possibly shaman bots).

Very important rule of deck building - Update the deck constantly based on what's working for you and what isn't. Example -

Couple of months ago I ran zoo in ladder(no hate). I tried mukla and sea giants. Mukla did well until around 15, till he started giving the opponents bananas for nothing. Sea giants just became a dead card around rank 10 because the opponents played more control and cleared more efficiently.

--

Also, we should post our decklists! I'll post mine a bit later, don't have a lot of time to do it right now.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and made myself a deck. Somewhat followed the guide but for the most part thought on my own. Lost my first few games but won the next three in a row. I'm trying out ranked and have gotten six wins in a row (streak still going). A few of the games have been close and a few cards I haven't really needed so I might modify the deck later. For now, I'll just keep running this deck and then modify it once I see a real need to do so.

EDIT: Seven wins now and Rank 20 due to the winning streak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Timdood3

Faliara

Reaction score
My brother has had this on the iPad for quite a while now. Not sure what it's about. All I know is that when it was first downloaded onto the iPad, he often made me give it up so he and my elder brother could play it.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is my combo shaman deck. Basically I just wanted to make a deck that uses cards that people traditionally look down on like Tidehunters, Dragonling Mechanics, Windfury, and Bloodlust. When I first made the deck, it had a Frostwolf Warlord in it, but it always ended up not being very useful in the meta at the time. I'm considering putting one back in, taking out a Taz Dingo. I might even take out the ooze in favor of another lightning bolt or something. Without further ado, my Shambo Combo deck!

Last edited:

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
So in arena, I played argent squire turn 1. It gets double moonfire'd by the druid.
Turn 2 he doesn't hero power and just passes.
Turn 3 he coins, hero powers and then doesn't play anything else.

This guy surely amused me.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just started a rogue arena and in my first game I played a priest who played more cards he thoughtstole from me than he played from his own deck. The only damage I took was from my own assassin's blade. I was quite amused.

He played a total of six cards, four of them from my deck:
Turns 1&2 - nothing
Turn 3 TS
Turn 4 heal pass
Turn 5 assassin's blade - hit my face
Turn 6 vanish
Turn 7 TS haunted creeper + bluegill warrior
Then he suicide hit into my yeti.

LetterP

The 16th
Reaction score
I can't wait for Goblins vs Gnomes, already started saving up gold. Going to try to create mech-themed deck with some classes, it'll be a blast :D