Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is an upcoming digital collectible card game from Blizzard Entertainment. It was announced in a presentation by Rob Pardo at the Penny Arcade Expo in March 2013. The game is currently in a closed beta, with the release sometime during 2013.

Hearthstone is a free-to-play game set in the Warcraft universe, supported by the purchase of booster packs. It will be initially available on Mac and Microsoft Windows operating systems, with an iPad version available later, and possibly expanding to other platforms after launch. There will be around 300 cards in the game to start, with more added later; booster packs can either be earned in-game or bought. Each pack comes with five random cards, including at least one "rare". Players can choose one of nine "heroes" which are similar to the classes in World of Warcraft. The game is based around 1v1 matches and will operate through Blizzard's Battle.net. There are currently no plans for cards to be traded between players.

I got a beta key and I'm loving it so far!

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
So I wake up, check my email before going to school, and I find.... a Hearthstone beta test invite!
Just going to throw it out there - I got this one (which I've used) from participating in the battle.net closed beta test, apparently, so if you've participated in it, you may have received one.

Reactions: Henry

Henry

Reaction score
So I wake up, check my email before going to school, and I find.... a Hearthstone beta test invite!
Just going to throw it out there - I got this one (which I've used) from participating in the battle.net closed beta test, apparently, so if you've participated in it, you may have received one.
Honestly, I'm more interested in Heroes of the Storm

trngl3087

Reaction score
finally got a key for the beta a few days ago and have played it quite a lot

give it a chance even if you're not into card/turn based games, it's really good, and, despite being heavily rng based, it's challenging and very satisfying when you can outsmart your opponent

Reactions: Henry and Vatowski

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I've got like 2 decks for the Mage. One of them is a summoning/taunt deck and the other one is a spell deck and neither are working so I think I'll just try to go with a few high priority spells (polymorph, fireball, arcane missile, frost nova) and then just go ham with the minions