Gmod - Trouble in Terrorist Town

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
NEVER PLAY COMMUNITY BOWLING WHEN JAMMY IS ON.

That is all.

EDIT:
I'm going to bring up a topic of convo, but it's getting a bit silly having people yelling RDM all the time

Please, for the love of god, don't call out RDM if you get shot for a seemingly(ie, in your eyes) random reason.

The way I see it: If you can't explain WHY you killed someone, it's RDM. If you can explain why, it isn't. Even if you think it's a stupid reason, the entire game is based on the crowd being at odds with one another. The innocent are supposed to be killing each other, because it's what makes the game unpredictable and fun.

I really doubt anyone in the community specifically join just to kill others. It's getting to the point where innocents are scared to kill one another even if they are suspicious, for fear of being yelled at for RDM.

Just my two cents.

Thank you for this.
Explain your reasoning after killing them, (or before, but if they are a T, they might shoot you to shut you up.)
Maybe RonaldoSkillz you should ask them why they killed them, instead of instantly thinking it's rdm and slaying/banning them.

Reactions: Henry

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I'm going to bring up a topic of convo, but it's getting a bit silly having people yelling RDM all the time

Please, for the love of god, don't call out RDM if you get shot for a seemingly(ie, in your eyes) random reason.

The way I see it: If you can't explain WHY you killed someone, it's RDM. If you can explain why, it isn't. Even if you think it's a stupid reason, the entire game is based on the crowd being at odds with one another. The innocent are supposed to be killing each other, because it's what makes the game unpredictable and fun.

I really doubt anyone in the community specifically join just to kill others. It's getting to the point where innocents are scared to kill one another even if they are suspicious, for fear of being yelled at for RDM.

Just my two cents.
Thank you, I've gotten many complaints of RDM where it ended up in this situation, which was why over half the time I didn't end up slaying. If you're going to call RDM, please be reasonable about it and not whiny. As long as you give me a reason to why you shot someone, then you will be fine. If you're someone who goes around and treating it like a Free-for-all game of Call of Duty, then that is accounted for RDM.

• Haha
Reactions: balloon98

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score

Just my two cents.
I certainly agree, but people need to know the rules. Everytime you RDM you ruin the game for someone else, just because you maybe didn't team deathmatch doesn't mean the person you killed deserved it in anyway. There are very specific rules in TTT because they cover all areas of weakness the game's theme presents.

paceboys

Reaction score
GAME RULES (This is for my server):

1. DO NOT RDM. AT ALL.

-RDM = Random Death Match. Basically, this is when innocents shoot others without solid evidence. EVEN if innocents shoot someone that is a traitor it is still RDMing if they have no proof that they were a traitor.

-Some people were misunderstanding what is RDM and what isn't. Go to Page 3, post 1 (Sploorky's Post) for clarification.

2. NO GHOSTING.
-Ghosting = telling an innocent who the traitor is when one is dead. This is why we use the voice communication in the game now rather than teamspeak.

3. Do NOT throw barrells at ANYONE/propkill.

-If we catch you throwing barrels or prop killing, you're instantly KOS (Kill on sight). No exceptions.

4. No drama outside the game.

-Do not complain or argue to others about what they did on TTT when you are no longer playing on the server (i.e when the server closes down)

5. Stay classy while you are playing.

-Basically a similar rule to #3, except please show some maturity to others who you are playing with. No one likes a party pooper.

6. Do not kill AFKs unless it is overtime.

-Traitor, Detective, Innocent, it doesn't matter. Don't kill AFKs unless it's overtime.

7. Do not call False KOS.

-If you're calling KOS on someone, make sure that you have evidence to back it up. If you don't, then you will end up being KOS regardless if you are a traitor or not.

8. Silenced AWP is unbanned.

-Edits to the gun were made, it now does 75 damage.

9. Do not propblock as a spectator/when you are dead.

-This means pressing 'e' on a prop and moving it around to block alive players/kill them. Rule 3 pertains to alive players using the magneto-stick to pick up props and throw them at other alive players, and this pertains to dead players controlling props while spectating.

10. Do not purposefully let time run out as a traitor.

-If you are innocent and unsure of who the traitor(s) might be, waiting around for something to happen/someone to make a decision should be okay. If you are a traitor, don't walk around trying to act innocent for 5 minutes just for the round to end and innocents to win.
FTFY

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Patch notes 1/23:

-FastDL now implemented on the server. Expect downloads to go alot smoother now when joining.

-Alongside the FastDL, I've started hosting the server through SteamCMD, so now with a click of a batch file I can automatically start the server up with a password and a map (usually will be teenroom) that will load up at the beginning. I can change the starting map in the batch file if I have to.

-New and improved Jihad sounds (re-implemented)

-AK47 is no longer a traitor weapon. It is now spawnable to anyone in the maps.

-P90 is no longer a detective weapon. It is now spawnable to anyone in the maps (no ironsight)

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Patch notes 1/23:

-FastDL now implemented on the server. Expect downloads to go alot smoother now when joining.

-Alongside the FastDL, I've started hosting the server through SteamCMD, so now with a click of a batch file I can automatically start the server up with a password and a map (usually will be teenroom) that will load up at the beginning. I can change the starting map in the batch file if I have to.

-New and improved Jihad sounds (re-implemented)

-AK47 is no longer a traitor weapon. It is now spawnable to anyone in the maps.

-P90 is no longer a detective weapon. It is now spawnable to anyone in the maps (no ironsight)
You will always be the TTT Head Controller in our hearts, Ronaldo. <3

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Small update:

Figured out how to add Custom Weapons and to add weapons on maps that don't spawn any. So currently I'm going to each map that doesn't have gun spawns/only spawn the default guns and am editing in different gun spawns for them. Maybe in the future I could add some custom weapons depending on what I've been suggested and if it can make a great addition.

And to those who suggested This weapon pack, It doesn't work on the server. I've tried several different things to make it work and I couldn't end up doing so. It's most likely incompatible with the current Gmod version. Sorry!

Reactions: Jayfeather

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
This always happens whenever I play TTT with alot of people and am innocent:

It starts with people talking about me saying my (steam)name "Kitty"
Then others are like "wait whats with kitty"
Then people are like "kitty jumped off the tower"
The somebody is like "wait did someone say kitty?"
Then someone is like "is that a kos on kitty?"
Then others are like "wait did someone say kos kitty?"
Then more others are like "I think so. KOS KITTY"
Then everyone is like *pew pew pew* "KOS KITTY"

• Haha
Reactions: Pikmon2 and Notme

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Bumping this thread to say that my TTT server will be coming back very soon! This is gonna be a fresh start too, so that may include the exlcusion of rules/different rules, different addons, different maps and more. All I want to know from everyone is what they like to see added onto the server. Just let me know here on in a PM and I will consider adding it depending on how I and everyone else feel about it.

EDIT: This time around I might add in a pointshop to my server just to make things more fun. You'll be able to work towards things such as player models, guns, sound effects, and a lot more.

Last edited: