Gmod - Trouble in Terrorist Town

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Wait, what will happen if you don't have CS:S, but only Garry's?
Either you cant play or all the textures will get fucked up. You can play without Counterstrike Source by manually downloading all the textures and maps throughhhh this video~!~!~! If you do something wrong don't blame me! D:

The links are in the video description on youtube.
Ah I see, but wouldn't it be kind of a double payment since you have to pay for WinRar, and GMod itself?
HAHAHA PAY FOR WINRAR

Joking aside, you can get the free trial and still use it afterwards.

Kordra

Reaction score
Either you cant play or all the textures will get fucked up. You can play without Counterstrike Source by manually downloading all the textures and maps throughhhh this video~!~!~! If you do something wrong don't blame me! D:

Ah I see, but wouldn't it be kind of a double payment since you have to pay for WinRar, and GMod itself?
WinRAR is technically "not free" but the trial version never actually runs out, so it's pretty much free. You could also use 7 zip which is free and does just about the same thing as WinRAR. The only thing you're really paying for is GMOD which is very cheap, and will probably be 5$ at the most during the up coming autumn steam sale.

WinRAR: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0
7zip: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
GMOD: http://store.steampowered.com/app/4000/

Reactions: Henry

Choclate_god

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score

I did all this but Im still getting the missing textures :c

• Agree
Reactions: Vatowski

Chips

Reaction score
Wait, I'm getting used to the controls. So how do you pick up weapons/throw them, and how do you open up the traitor shop as a traitor, and the detective shop as a detective?

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Wait, I'm getting used to the controls. So how do you pick up weapons/throw them, and how do you open up the traitor shop as a traitor, and the detective shop as a detective?
An issue you might be having that causes you to wonder about picking up weapons: You can only have 1 pistol like weapon (Glock, PS188 (spelling), Deagle, Pistol) and one primary (mp5 navy, mp7, aug, galil, shotgun, etc.) if you have a shotgun and want to pick up, say, a rifle, then you'd go to your shotgun, hit Q, then it will autopick up the rifle.

• Thank You
Reactions: Digitalis and Chips

paceboys

Reaction score
Ok. Huge information post coming your way.

The TTT Jihad bomb (suicide bomb) is now in RonaldoSkillz server! BUT, to hear any noise warning when the bomb is set off by a traitor (WHICH IS WHAT IS INTENDED) you need to do a few things.

The download link is here (http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=134358) you will need to sign in with steam. Download the link ^ but make sure you have winrar etc. first.

Now that you have it downloaded, open up Windows Explorer (the folder rack icon with tabs that has all of your computers files yeah the dumb yellow one) and go to [C:]
- (it will use parentheses but since the forums makes : with ) next to it a face i used brackets)
(Full path is Steam/Steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/ and Steam is in your C:/Program Files (x86) thingy)

EDIT: Some people won't have a garrysmod folder under common. Go back to steamapps and open the folder with your username. It will still work (Mine works with username, rons works with common)

Then find steam, and in steam go to steamapps, then common, garrysmod and then garrysmod again. Then extract (YES EXTRACT) the folder INSIDE the downloaded folder (its titled TTT Jihad Bomb) Into C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/ and then close everything. If you had Gmod open, restart it. Join the server, and when and if someone uses a Jihad you should hear WALULULULULULULULULULULULULULULULU which is your warning sound, then an explosion that kills everything in a radius.
ronaldo wouldnt even make me a server admin for doing this :C
If there are more issues, reply to this. If you see me on TS, just poke me or something.
You will have to download more files from ronaldo's server that have to do with the Jihad but its not very long.

Happy exploding!

ANOTHER EDIT: THIS METHOD CONFIRMED BY: Paceboys, RonaldoSkillz, Komoe Tsukuyomi (my friend)

• Useful
Reactions: Henry and Digitalis

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Still downloading all my games onto my new laptop... Once I'm done with that, I'll be sure to try and get on! I love a lil TTT C:

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Need some map suggestions, got rid of over half the maps I had and only kept the ones that I thought were good. If any of you finds any maps that you liked or had fun on another server or something, link me the map(s) then.

Added a few rules as well, and to clear things up a bit here since some players were confused and frustrated to the line where something is considered RDM and isn't, I made a list of traitorous acts. (posted on the front page too)

TRAITOROUS ACTS:

-Planting C4
-Shooting towards others, accounts for traitor baiting
-Throwing incendiary grenades
-Not identifying bodies
-Calling KOS on innocents with no legitimate proof.
-Having traitor weapons (Knife, Jihad, AK, Silence sniper, etc.)
-Damaging traitor testers/health stations
-Luring explosive props to others
-Hiding traitor equipment (C4, Decoy, etc.)
-Not responding to live checks

If you die duo to any of these reasons, do not complain that it was RDM. I also may add more to the list soon, if you have anything that should be added on here let me know.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Need some map suggestions, got rid of over half the maps I had and only kept the ones that I thought were good. If any of you finds any maps that you liked or had fun on another server or something, link me the map(s) then.

Added a few rules as well, and to clear things up a bit here since some players were confused and frustrated to the line where something is considered RDM and isn't, I made a list of traitorous acts. (posted on the front page too)

TRAITOROUS ACTS:

-Planting C4
-Not identifying bodies

If you die duo to any of these reasons, do not complain that it was RDM. I also may add more to the list soon, if you have anything that should be added on here let me know.
What if someone is holding a shotgun to your face?

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score

TRAITOROUS ACTS:

-Planting C4
-Not identifying bodies

What if someone is holding a shotgun to your face?
Hope they don't shoot, call out who you're with in chat, walk far away enough that you wouldn't be 1 shotted by the shotgun (anywhere that's not literally touching their player model)

Reactions: Nottykitten

Henry

Reaction score
I feel that there are some unwritten rules that we should probably acknowledge:

1. If you have even the slightest inkling of suspicion that Cheeseman21 is a traitor, he's probably a traitor.

2. If at any point GoldenValley is above 900 Karma, he's probably gotten traitor a bunch of times.

3. If you see BrickWolf, Shande , or Choclate_god alive beyond the first 90 second mark, they probably got resurrected by a fellow traitor.

4. Hide traitor bodies, it's for everyone's own good.
Also don't trust Piggy.

Reactions: Pikmon2

Sploorky

Reaction score
I'm going to bring up a topic of convo, but it's getting a bit silly having people yelling RDM all the time

Please, for the love of god, don't call out RDM if you get shot for a seemingly(ie, in your eyes) random reason.

The way I see it: If you can't explain WHY you killed someone, it's RDM. If you can explain why, it isn't. Even if you think it's a stupid reason, the entire game is based on the crowd being at odds with one another. The innocent are supposed to be killing each other, because it's what makes the game unpredictable and fun.

I really doubt anyone in the community specifically join just to kill others. It's getting to the point where innocents are scared to kill one another even if they are suspicious, for fear of being yelled at for RDM.

Just my two cents.