Gmod - Trouble in Terrorist Town

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score

REQUIRES GARRY'S MOD AND COUNTER STRIKE: SOURCE

Very fun gamemode in Gmod. It's basically similar to werewolves, where you have traitors, detectives (8 players required per detective), and the rest are innocents. The goal for traitors is to eliminate all the innocents using slick strategies without being caught. For innocents/detectives, they have to spot who the traitors are and kill them.

I usually host a server for blocktopians to play on. If you want to be involved, add me on steam and try to catch me in game for Gmod!

This server is pure vanilla, but you may have to download a few addons from the workshop. I'm also still pretty new to hosting Gmod servers like this, so i'm looking for any criticism or improvements, and I'm willing to learn from anyone on how to do anything server related (Especially making map selections after a rounds/moderator commands/!kill command/etc.)

GAME RULES (This is for my server):

1. DO NOT RDM. AT ALL.

-RDM = Random Death Match. Basically, this is when innocents shoot others without solid evidence. EVEN if innocents shoot someone that is a traitor it is still RDMing if they have no proof that they were a traitor.

-There's been an issue about what reasons is legitmate and non-excusable to this rule. To get this clear, YOU CANNOT KILL SOMEONE BASED ON YOUR OWN SUSPICION. Wait until they get to the point where they are doing something traitorous, and then you may proceed to kill the individual.

-Some people were misunderstanding what is RDM and what isn't. Go to Page 3, post 1 (Sploorky's Post) for clarification.

2. NO GHOSTING.
-Ghosting = telling an innocent who the traitor is when one is dead. This is why we use the voice communication in the game now rather than teamspeak.

3. Do NOT throw barrells at ANYONE/propkill.

-If we catch you throwing barrels or prop killing, you're instantly KOS (Kill on sight). No exceptions.

4. No drama outside the game.

-Do not complain or argue to others about what they did on TTT when you are no longer playing on the server (i.e when the server closes down)

5. Stay classy while you are playing.

-Basically a similar rule to #3, except please show some maturity to others who you are playing with. No one likes a party pooper.

6. Do not call False KOS.

-If you're calling KOS on someone, make sure that you have evidence to back it up. If you don't, then you will end up being KOS regardless if you are a traitor or not.

7. Silenced AWP is banned until further notice.
-Still trying to make edits to the gun. Until then, don't use it. (It's pretty broken for a ranged one-shot kill sniper with 2 ammo)

Might add more rules soon, but these are primary.

TRAITOROUS ACTS:

-Planting C4
-Shooting towards others, accounts for traitor baiting
-Throwing incendiary grenades
-Not identifying bodies
-Calling KOS on innocents with no legitimate proof.
-Having traitor weapons (Knife, Jihad, AK, Silence sniper, etc.)
-Damaging traitor testers/health stations
-Luring explosive props to others
-Hiding traitor equipment (C4, Decoy, etc.)
-Not responding to live checks
-Taking dead traitor bodies elsewhere *UNLESS YOU ARE CONFIRMED INNOCENT*

KEEP IN MIND: Just because something is listed on this list doesn't mean it is automatic KOS. A player IS on suspicion for this though.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
2. Do NOT throw barrels at ANYONE.

-If we catch you throwing barrels, you're instantly KOS (Kill on sight). No exceptions.
I'm laughing a little bit too hard considering your track record.

Yooo', any of you that are apprehensive about trying this: it's tons of fun, really. The game has a lot of awkward nuances, and its not without its flaws, but with the community its twice as fun because you can all be paranoid together. Basically imagine werewolves with guns.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
4. Stay classy while you are playing.

-Basically a similar rule to #3, except please show some maturity to others who you are playing with. No one likes a party pooper.

Might add more rules soon, but these are primary.
I can't stress this enough. If you are annoyed with people don't be dicks to them in game. Nobody likes it when they get shot because they walk by you funny. Or are killed because you are mad at them.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
To triple reiterate.
There are 0 reasons to take your frustration with someone outside of the game. If they're breaking the rules or annoying everyone consistently, they'll be taken care of by Ronaldo, not a vigilante squad

Reactions: Araidian

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Hey, to follow up on the stuff i sent you last night i wanted to link you a list of stuff that could be helpful

Admin Tool (the two i sent you)
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=940348
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=937056

Both are highly rated softwares to use

Now for other add-ons and stuff

Maps

Weapoms

Other Cool/Helpful Add-ons

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
May try this out after I install Garry's Mod ;3

IP?
Add me on steam and join the game when I'm playing Gmod, and most likely it'll be my server. PM me for the password. It'll be up whenever I am on and others want to play on the server. Usually after meetings are good times that we play, but otherwise we're on during morning/night time EST.

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Wait, what will happen if you don't have CS:S, but only Garry's?
Either you cant play or all the textures will get fucked up. You can play without Counterstrike Source by manually downloading all the textures and maps throughhhh this video~!~!~! If you do something wrong don't blame me! D:

The links are in the video description on youtube.

Chips

Reaction score
Wait, what will happen if you don't have CS:S, but only Garry's?
Either you cant play or all the textures will get fucked up. You can play without Counterstrike Source by manually downloading all the textures and maps throughhhh this video~!~!~! If you do something wrong don't blame me! D:

The links are in the video description on youtube.
Ah I see, but wouldn't it be kind of a double payment since you have to pay for WinRar, and GMod itself?