Gmod - Trouble in Terrorist Town

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Bumping this thread to say that my TTT server will be coming back very soon! This is gonna be a fresh start too, so that may include the exlcusion of rules/different rules, different addons, different maps and more. All I want to know from everyone is what they like to see added onto the server. Just let me know here on in a PM and I will consider adding it depending on how I and everyone else feel about it.

EDIT: This time around I might add in a pointshop to my server just to make things more fun. You'll be able to work towards things such as player models, guns, sound effects, and a lot more.
TROUBLE IN TERRORIST TITS. YEAH.

Will there be staff positions open? Detective Sheep is eager to join~
LikewhenmyPCisrepairedexpectmetobethere2-4hoursaday

Last edited:

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Bumping this thread to say that my TTT server will be coming back very soon! This is gonna be a fresh start too, so that may include the exlcusion of rules/different rules, different addons, different maps and more. All I want to know from everyone is what they like to see added onto the server. Just let me know here on in a PM and I will consider adding it depending on how I and everyone else feel about it.

EDIT: This time around I might add in a pointshop to my server just to make things more fun. You'll be able to work towards things such as player models, guns, sound effects, and a lot more.
All Hail Ronaldo, the bringer of fun and merriment. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• Agree
Reactions: Lux and Nottykitten

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
TROUBLE IN TERRORIST TITS. YEAH.

Will there be staff positions open? Detective Sheep is eager to join~
LikewhenmyPCisrepairedexpectmetobethere2-4hoursaday
Dunno, I didnt plan on usingstaff positions since im hosting this personally and its not really needed. That can change if staff are acrually necessary though. On the other hand, If this were to become an actual blocktopia server on the other hand, then there would be staff positions.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Dunno, I didnt plan on usingstaff positions since im hosting this personally and its not really needed. That can change if staff are acrually necessary though. On the other hand, If this were to become an actual blocktopia server on the other hand, then there would be staff positions.
Oh. I didn't realise you host these servers personally cx i thought it really was a BY server.

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
We dont need staff please no.
That would get freaking complicated and then the bitching would be so darn intense.
It would be like how people argue with a bad referee in a soccer match.

Also for people that weren't aware, this kind of stuff takes place on teamspeak first, then we take it to steam chat in-game. So if you want to get involved, stay active on teamspeak once Ronaldo does his opening thing.
JUST PUTTING IT OUT THERE

And if you don't have a mic, you wont have a bad time, but it'll be a pain in the ass since you will have trouble communicating actively and defending yourself if suspicion is put on you.
Kinda hard to talk yourself out of a situation when people have to read what you say in whatever voice they choose to pin you with. Take it from me, people who cant defend themselves with mics either silently murder everyone if they are the quiet type, or they get targeted because they cant defend themselves properly.
I know as a traitor, its pretty damn easy to pin the blame on a typer.
JUST PUTTING THAT OUT THERE TOO.
If you don't have a mic but are nervous to speak, just remember that none of us care what you sound like.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
That would get freaking complicated and then the bitching would be so darn intense.

Also for people that weren't aware, this kind of stuff takes place on teamspeak first, then we take it to steam chat in-game. So if you want to get involved, stay active on teamspeak once Ronaldo does his opening thing.

And if you don't have a mic, you wont have a bad time, but it'll be a pain in the ass since you will have trouble communicating actively and defending yourself if suspicion is put on you.
Kinda hard to talk yourself out of a situation when people have to read what you say in whatever voice they choose to pin you with. Take it from me, people who cant defend themselves with mics either silently murder everyone if they are the quiet type, or they get targeted because they cant defend themselves properly.
If you don't have a mic but are nervous to speak, just remember that none of us care what you sound like.
Well mic players have the overall advantage really. They can yell "OHGOD KOS ARIDIAN". This can be fixed by having a mic bar so they can talk a limited amount of time before it re-fills. This puts the mike people at around the same level as typers.

Also. Airidian. That about staff's not true. Think about it: Two players start RDMing like crap and Ronaldo's not online. What the fuck do we do then? Put up with the RDMers? Kill them at the start of the round?
First one's not fun. Second one rapes your karma. So i guess we need at least one person other than ronaldo with staffing priviliges as backup.

What exactly do you mean with "A bad referee"? A moderator isn't a "Referee". He's just the guy who makes stuff go smoothly.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I better not be hearing any bitching about RDMing at all. Only occasions where it's punishable is if it's actual RDM, such as Innocent A walks up to Innocent B and kills him without any discussion or reasoning to it. If there is suspicious behavior on Innocent C, it gives no right to shoot him without any proof. If you have a small amount of evidence, whether it's true or false, that works and can be used as a legit reason to shoot someone. If anything else needs to be clarified about RDMing, let me know.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I better not be hearing any bitching about RDMing at all. Only occasions where it's punishable is if it's actual RDM, such as Innocent A walks up to Innocent B and kills him without any discussion or reasoning to it. If there is suspicious behavior on Innocent C, it gives no right to shoot him without any proof. If you have a small amount of evidence, whether it's true or false, that works and can be used as a legit reason to shoot someone. If anything else needs to be clarified about RDMing, let me know.
I don't have to say anything that counts as RDM but something that is commonly mistaken is Counter RDM. Sometimes player A shoots at B and B shoots back to kill him. People occasionally go apeshit when that happens.

paceboys

Reaction score

What i like to do is make Rosekill give an explanation as to why his innocent, he doesnt want us to hear is girl voice so he types, then i knife him and run >:]

• Informative
Reactions: Araidian

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Well mic players have the overall advantage really. They can yell "OHGOD KOS ARIDIAN". This can be fixed by having a mic bar so they can talk a limited amount of time before it re-fills. This puts the mike people at around the same level as typers.

Also. Airidian. That about staff's not true. Think about it: Two players start RDMing like crap and Ronaldo's not online. What the fuck do we do then? Put up with the RDMers? Kill them at the start of the round?
First one's not fun. Second one rapes your karma. So i guess we need at least one person other than ronaldo with staffing priviliges as backup.

What exactly do you mean with "A bad referee"? A moderator isn't a "Referee". He's just the guy who makes stuff go smoothly.
- Ronaldo is the one that starts and ends the server. He is always going to be present one way or another.
- I dont want a moderator breathing down my neck if I make a mistake. I dont want there to be penalties like that. That sorta makes the laid back server so much more serious, ya know? We've never had moderators, and if there was ever any trouble with someone that they just couldn't solve, usually someone yells at them a bit, then everything goes back to normal.
-The mic idea is really cool, only thing is it sounds limiting but at least people wont be talking over each other as much.
-The moderator is most likely going to be one of our friends, and if something happens, either we agree with him or we don't. I dunno, didn't mean to make this a serious topic, I just felt like typing a paragraph. ;w;

Since everyone playing knows each other, I doubt anyone would want to RDM. Theres a reason we host it on TS, because we know everyone there. If we dont thats fine, but they would of had to know how to get on TS in the first place rather then just find a random server off of the Garrys Mod server line up.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
this is the only game I play for fun if we had staff I would be sads :((
also no mic limit pleaserino because the server takes over teamspeak's job as well as gmod's job and I wanna do the talkey
Really? I don't think you should see the presence of staff as something to be sad about considering they only add to the fun. But that's your opinion anyways cx

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Really? I don't think you should see the presence of staff as something to be sad about considering they only add to the fun. But that's your opinion anyways cx
Because we fuck around and break rules a lot and if people get mad then we collectively stop breaking rules. The server's strictness changes depending on the mood and the type of players on at the time. Staff would be no fantastico because then strictness level would be uniform

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Yea, I want this server to be something that everyone enjoys, not where a place where moderators are going to be up in your business when you make even the slightest mistake. That just ruins the fun for everyone and restricts your freedom of enjoyment on the server, which is why I said mods aren't necessary to begin with. I'll be monitoring the server when I have it up and I won't be doing any moderating at all unless it's absolutely necessary.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Yea, I want this server to be something that everyone enjoys, not where a place where moderators are going to be up in your business when you make even the slightest mistake. That just ruins the fun for everyone and restricts your freedom of enjoyment on the server, which is why I said mods aren't necessary to begin with. I'll be monitoring the server when I have it up and I won't be doing any moderating at all unless it's absolutely necessary.
In-game username: Kuroko Tetsuya

Time-zone: GMT - 6

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?: Sevenpointfive

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?: REMOVE RANDOM DEATH MATCH AS THERE IS NO COUNTERPLAY

What sets you apart from other applicants?: I know TTT rules better than 99 percentage of folks

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?: Sometimes my shotgun does not insta-kill but I find this an unfair game mechanic and I will fix it as staff

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?: Probably RDM except I would be right because I would be an operator

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?: TRUSTED ON ZOMBIE SURVIV

References: gloldenvlayye, probably kurizmaah?? whot ehfuc is cookiedoujin

paceboys

Reaction score
In-game username: Kuroko Tetsuya

Time-zone: GMT - 6

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?: Sevenpointfive

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?: REMOVE RANDOM DEATH MATCH AS THERE IS NO COUNTERPLAY

What sets you apart from other applicants?: I know TTT rules better than 99 percentage of folks

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?: Sometimes my shotgun does not insta-kill but I find this an unfair game mechanic and I will fix it as staff

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?: Probably RDM except I would be right because I would be an operator

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?: TRUSTED ON ZOMBIE SURVIV

References: gloldenvlayye, probably kurizmaah?? whot ehfuc is cookiedoujin
apple is goodest [BCOLOR=#ffffff]+1[/BCOLOR] i am admoon i istallerd g-hawd
EDIT: @RonaldoSkillz Progress?

Last edited: