Game of Thrones

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
the walk of shame was executed brillianty, probably one of the best scenes of this season.
also, worst line of the series yet? "you want a proper girl but you need bad pussy"

walk of shame was great but tbh everything else felt rushed, the pacing has been noticeably bad this season
especially for the watch felt rushed (that benjen troll @the readers tho, that was amazing)

nitasu987

Reaction score
GODDAMMIT NOT MYRCELLA ANYONE BUT MOTHERFUCKING MYRCELLA NOT MY BAE QUEEN NOT HER ANYONE BUT HER

As you can tell I'm very sad and depressed about this. I think Myrcella is amazing goddess-tier quality and needs to sit on the iron throne

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
what i didn't like

- ...was that the whole battle... ? uh, ok
-we never see stannis actually getting killed (although i suppose you can pretty much assume he's dead), so i can't be fucking sure of it and it's driving me nuts
-whut why did sansa and theon jump off the wall (winterfell's wall) when there's practically no snow to catch them (since mel did melt all (most) of the snow)
-i don't like ollie at all, not because he stabbed jon and all, but because he's completely needless in my opinion
-i support wimali's nomination for the worst line in the series so far

what i liked

-mel finally realizes who azor is (at least i hope she got the hint by now)
-for the watch was pretty nicely done imo, perhaps a bit out of the blue if you haven't read the books, but for me it was pretty enjoyable
-shame, shame, shame
-arya's BRUTALITY x10 x100 x100 000 REKT REKT REKT because of the sheer badass

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Stannis finally got the sword after his army got butchered by the Boltons. Jon got (unsurprisingly) killed by his own men (what do you expect from a group of rapists and murderous fiends?) then Arya got turned into a blind bat after pulling off a pretty cool faceless man attempt even though she's far from being the true master like H'ghar then the Sand snakes begin their revenge (I think it's the beginning) on the Lannisters by killing Myrecella (RIGHT AFTER A REALLY GOOD FEELS SCENE TOO GODDAMNIT.) then Cersei, much to my displeasure, was released from prison although she did get beaten the crap out of and crapped on judging by those smudges but then she gets to meet Monster Man (I have no idea what that dude's name is now cause he sure as hell ain't The Mountain anymore)

- I agree also with Wimali's nomination for worst line in the series so far (though it did make me laugh with how Bronn was like "what the fuck").

- There's only one way to describe Arya's actions in that episode..
< Kingsguard dude getting killed.
- Also who else is excited for seeing some Oldtown action!?!

-mel finally realizes who azor is (at least i hope she got the hint by now)
you should totally tell me who he actually is cause the only guy at the Wall who I think it could be is Davos or Jon but Jon just got #pwned #gitrekt #gitbetrayed #mlgknifeskills2015 to death

Reactions: digi

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
you should totally tell me who he actually is cause the only guy at the Wall who I think it could be is Davos or Jon but Jon just got #pwned #gitrekt #gitbetrayed #mlgknifeskills2015 to death
i mean this is just speculation but at this point i'm still pretty sure that it's jon/dany/both

or they could be doing it differently from the books, in which case idk, but in the books i'm almost 100% certain it's jon/dany/both

• Thank You
Reactions: std1997

nitasu987

Reaction score
I will miss Myrcella so much. #Myrcstane OTP #QueenMyrcella #UnbowedUnbentUnbroken

Fuck the Sand Snakes. And I thought they were cool. They killed my queen, they shall get REVENGE! (and she will NOT get a good pussycat from Bronn if she goes and do that.. Why would Bronn even HAVE a cat in the first place lol)

Velzerat

Donor
Reaction score

I've read all the fan theories, and until it's been confimed, I'll be here crying and sobbing uncontrollably.
- I'm just desperately waiting for Lady Stoneheart.
D&D are just trolling us at this point with the finale title
"Mother's Mercy" is catelyn's fucking alias in the ffc name thing

im telling you S06E10 will be named "Heart of Stone" and it wont include LSH
S07E10 will be named "Catelyn's Tully is revived as a zombie and kills all the freys" and it'll be 60 minutes full of sandsnakes yelling about bad pussy and their father taking them to court
[/spoilers]

also, funny fact: In the show, BALON FUCKING GREYJOY wins the war of the five kings balon greyjoy

Last edited:

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
D&D are just trolling us at this point with the finale title
"Mother's Mercy" is catelyn's fucking alias in the ffc name thing

im telling you S06E10 will be named "Heart of Stone" and it wont include LSH
S07E10 will be named "Catelyn's Tully is revived as a zombie and kills all the freys" and it'll be 60 minutes full of sandsnakes yelling about bad pussy and their father taking them to court
[/spoilers]

also, funny fact: In the show, BALON FUCKING GREYJOY wins the war of the five kings balon greyjoy
that's a storyline I would've liked to have seen in the show but you know how they like to ignore certain plotlines for practically no reason and make up other ones though I do have to admit the Sansa/Ramsay instead of Poole/Ramsay seems to be working fairly well and hasn't dissolved into too many major plot destroyers.... yet.

you go D&D.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
The actor for Jon Snow has made a statement that he will not be returning in Season 6 so if there is going to be a "zombie" Jon then it'll most likely be in Season 7 or never OR they just didn't tell him about it. Either way, it looks like we've lost another Stark ):

• Sad
Reactions: nitasu987

nitasu987

Reaction score
The actor for Jon Snow has made a statement that he will not be returning in Season 6 so if there is going to be a "zombie" Jon then it'll most likely be in Season 7 or never OR they just didn't tell him about it. Either way, it looks like we've lost another Stark ):
but didn't he sign on for season 6 thought I saw that somewhere..??? Surely (and logically) He can't tell us that he is returning. And maybe he's coming back as a new Jon Snow, and due to his death isn't tied to the Watch's Oath and he can fuck everyone up now. I don't understand how that ass Thorne and Olly decided it was a good idea to kill the ONLY FUCKING PERSON who was able to kill a White Walker.... They're all idiots and they should get whatever the fuck is coming to them.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't mind the Azor Ahai theory when it comes to Jon Snow. For publicity, the things Kit Harrington has said about his character seem carefully worded. This could be wishful thinking on my part.

• Agree
Reactions: std1997

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
No, no, no. He's just acting... hahaha... right?!

Also, God of Light pls save us :(

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
ONLY FUCKING PERSON who was able to kill a White Walker
well, anyone could kill a white walker as long as they have dragonglass or valyrian steel

i do feel like harington is either being very careful with his words or just lying to us, although i suppose it's somewhat possible that jon really is dead in the show

nitasu987

Reaction score
I doubt it... because you cant kill the star of the show like that.. they'll lose so many fans that way. I'm positive that Kit is lying... because he's contractually obligated not to spoil anything lol so he's leading us the wrong way and then when he's resurrected or not actually dead (what if Olly repents and heals him lol that'd be the turnaround of the century) so yeah we'll all be like OMG OMG HES BACK AZOR AHAI (maybe) CONFIRMED OMG OMG

Velzerat

Donor
Reaction score
-ned
-khal drogo
-renly
-robb
-catelyn

-oberyn
-ygritte
-stannis
-and now his watch is ended
Those were all major characters, but this case is entirely different. Killing Jon wouldn't just be a shocking plot twist, it would be a stupid decision solely made for the purpose of shocking viewers. All previous deaths in the books have more or less made sense, both in the series' storyline and from a how-this-story-needs-to-progress view. Any character can die at any time, sure, but to tell a good story that's not entirely true. Some characters, whether GRRM & more importantly D&D are willing to admit, have plot armor. It happens in every book.

The chapter/episode literally ends with "...". It's a "to be continued" thing, certainly not a very relevant, plot justified thematic death like the other deaths of big characters have been (even Stannis' dead, as much as D&D raped his character, kind of made sense). There are just way too many things that are left unresolved.

The biggest one being (obviously) Jon's parentage. There's been some major hints & readers-trolling surrounding R+L=J in season 5. It's seen as one of the biggest mysteries in the show and books. Also, a few things in the books are left unresolved too; it doesn't make any sense that they were included if Jon dies now:

- The fact that Mel's flames actually whisper "Jon Snow"
- The fact that Mormont's Raven also says his full name for the first time
- His very relevant dream of fighting wights while armored in ice and wielding a flaming sword
- His dreams about the crypts

A lot of people are in love with the idea that GRRM is "breaking all the rules" and is killing people randomly because real life is random, but there is a method to his madness.

When Ned and Robb died they each had a very clear tragedy that completed ther arcs. It was honor and it was love and we saw how those characteristics that made us follow them ultimately created their doom. You don't exactly wonder how much Ned would change after GOT or how much Robb would change after ASOS. Their arcs were completed when GRRM finished with them and thus their stories added depth to the themes in the series. Jon, however, still has issues about leadership and identity left to resolve in his arc. We still haven't seen him grapple with who he is and, potentially, how important he is. When you build a character for so long and tease his importance and the potential conflicts he will face ahead, only to shockingly kill him, what are you saying about the character? That you can be important and have a destiny and then die randomly? I think Jon is more important than that.

There's a lot of theories about the Stark children, Daenerys, Tyrion & a few others living until the end of the series. He might get killed later on in the series, but certainly not now, it wouldn't make any sense except for shock value.

Jons death might happen in the show, though. D&D have notably, especially in season 5, been doing things purely for shock value.

THE BOOKS= Anything can happen.
THE SHOW = Only bad things will happen

It would be super fucking stupid, but sure, it could happen. It could happen in the books, too. I'm just saying it wouldn't make any sense and would really harm the series more than anything.

(edit-- I think it would actually be even worse if Jon died in the show, because the reasoning behind his death is absolutely fucking terrible in the show. It felt cheapened compared to the books.
The thing about it in the books is that even though we were all outraged and saddened, we understood why Bowen Marsh and co. did what they did. Despite his good intentions, Jon was going to break his vows and endanger his sworn brothers by involving them in a conflict that had nothing to do with them. This goes completely against the purpose of the NW and everything they stood for. If Jon had agreed to go to Stannis' aid like Davos asked, his show assassination would have made more sense.

Instead of this complex situation, we got the flawless hero being killed by the brooding, resentful underling and his band of generic bad guys. Even the way that they did it with a sign literally saying "TRAITOR" and everyone taking their turns just felt so contrived. Having them say "for the watch" was pretty much meaningless because it wasn't for the watch, it was for themselves. In the books, Bowen Marsh was actually crying when he stabbed Jon. Bowen felt he was doing the right thing, the honorable thing. His duty.)

(EDIT2: Also, honestly, they couldn't have made Jon's resurection any more obvious in the show.
When Thoros of Myr was at the lowest point of his faith, that is when he knelt at the side of his fallen friend, with no expectation that the Lord of Light would do anything, and ended up reviving him. When Melisandre entered Castle Black, she was dejected that the Lord of Light had not done right on his promise, and is at the lowest point of her faith. And what does she find there? Jon Snow just having been stabbed, bleeding to death. What does she have to lose by trying? If this is what happens it would probably explain why D&D killed off stannis & why it felt so rushed)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: digi and nitasu987

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Those were all major characters, but this case is entirely different. Killing Jon wouldn't just be a shocking plot twist, it would be a stupid decision solely made for the purpose of shocking viewers. All previous deaths in the books have more or less made sense, both in the series' storyline and from a how-this-story-needs-to-progress view. Any character can die at any time, sure, but to tell a good story that's not entirely true. Some characters, whether GRRM & more importantly D&D are willing to admit, have plot armor. It happens in every book.

The chapter/episode literally ends with "...". It's a "to be continued" thing, certainly not a very relevant, plot justified thematic death like the other deaths of big characters have been (even Stannis' dead, as much as D&D raped his character, kind of made sense). There are just way too many things that are left unresolved.

The biggest one being (obviously) Jon's parentage. There's been some major hints & readers-trolling surrounding R+L=J in season 5. It's seen as one of the biggest mysteries in the show and books. Also, a few things in the books are left unresolved too; it doesn't make any sense that they were included if Jon dies now:

- The fact that Mel's flames actually whisper "Jon Snow"
- The fact that Mormont's Raven also says his full name for the first time
- His very relevant dream of fighting wights while armored in ice and wielding a flaming sword
- His dreams about the crypts

A lot of people are in love with the idea that GRRM is "breaking all the rules" and is killing people randomly because real life is random, but there is a method to his madness.

When Ned and Robb died they each had a very clear tragedy that completed ther arcs. It was honor and it was love and we saw how those characteristics that made us follow them ultimately created their doom. You don't exactly wonder how much Ned would change after GOT or how much Robb would change after ASOS. Their arcs were completed when GRRM finished with them and thus their stories added depth to the themes in the series. Jon, however, still has issues about leadership and identity left to resolve in his arc. We still haven't seen him grapple with who he is and, potentially, how important he is. When you build a character for so long and tease his importance and the potential conflicts he will face ahead, only to shockingly kill him, what are you saying about the character? That you can be important and have a destiny and then die randomly? I think Jon is more important than that.

There's a lot of theories about the Stark children, Daenerys, Tyrion & a few others living until the end of the series. He might get killed later on in the series, but certainly not now, it wouldn't make any sense except for shock value.

Jons death might happen in the show, though. D&D have notably, especially in season 5, been doing things purely for shock value.

THE BOOKS= Anything can happen.
THE SHOW = Only bad things will happen

It would be super fucking stupid, but sure, it could happen. It could happen in the books, too. I'm just saying it wouldn't make any sense and would really harm the series more than anything.

(edit-- I think it would actually be even worse if Jon died in the show, because the reasoning behind his death is absolutely fucking terrible in the show. It felt cheapened compared to the books.
The thing about it in the books is that even though we were all outraged and saddened, we understood why Bowen Marsh and co. did what they did. Despite his good intentions, Jon was going to break his vows and endanger his sworn brothers by involving them in a conflict that had nothing to do with them. This goes completely against the purpose of the NW and everything they stood for. If Jon had agreed to go to Stannis' aid like Davos asked, his show assassination would have made more sense.

Instead of this complex situation, we got the flawless hero being killed by the brooding, resentful underling and his band of generic bad guys. Even the way that they did it with a sign literally saying "TRAITOR" and everyone taking their turns just felt so contrived. Having them say "for the watch" was pretty much meaningless because it wasn't for the watch, it was for themselves. In the books, Bowen Marsh was actually crying when he stabbed Jon. Bowen felt he was doing the right thing, the honorable thing. His duty.)

(EDIT2: Also, honestly, they couldn't have made Jon's resurection any more obvious in the show.
When Thoros of Myr was at the lowest point of his faith, that is when he knelt at the side of his fallen friend, with no expectation that the Lord of Light would do anything, and ended up reviving him. When Melisandre entered Castle Black, she was dejected that the Lord of Light had not done right on his promise, and is at the lowest point of her faith. And what does she find there? Jon Snow just having been stabbed, bleeding to death. What does she have to lose by trying? If this is what happens it would probably explain why D&D killed off stannis & why it felt so rushed)
Yes, I know all this and completely agree with all this. I was just pointing out the flaw in his logic and pointing out the minuscule possibility that Jon is actually dead.

• Thank You
Reactions: nitasu987

nitasu987

Reaction score
Yeah I get it. Jon COULD be dead and it's be a DAMN shame if he is. Because I mean, all of the hints to R+L=J being confirmed? The whole fact that it's a song of Ice (Jon/Lyanna/White Walkers) and Fire (Dany/Rhaegar/Dragons)? It would be stupid for all of these subtle hints to be there all along and for them to just waste it. Honestly, the producers should just be like, ya know what, fuck it. Jon's not dead, you can stop worrying for a year. How many viewers will they lose if Jon's dead? Probably a lot.. I dunno.

All I care about is Myrcella.... ;-;

• Agree
Reactions: Enderfive

nitasu987

Reaction score
Yeah I feel like you could look into Kit's interviews cryptically and be like oh the old Jon is dead, the new one is Jon but without the ties to the watch... his Watch is ended, his reign as the Prince who was Promised has begun

But what about Myrcella? Someone get her a Red Priest pl0x