Game of Thrones

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm surprised that something like this doesn't exist.

Game of Thrones starts tonight.

WHITE WALKERS!!!

I want some amazing battle to happen with Daenerys and her dragons.

More Tyrion Lannister!
As much as I hate to say it, more Jaime as well.
Joffrey needs to die!

I want all the Starks to live happily, but I have a feeling something's going to happen to Robb.
Arya's going to become someone amazing.

Should the Greyjoys be underestimated?

This is all I can think of right now.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Jon Snow and Daenerys--I want to see her dragons.
I'll agree on Joffrey getting the boot, but it's fun to see him get harassed by Tyrion.

Also, I have never read the books and don't plan to, but I'm sure that I'm missing out on things from it.
I'm excited to see how this season pans out!

Reactions: digi

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Jon Snow and Daenerys--I want to see her dragons.
I'll agree on Joffrey getting the boot, but it's fun to see him get harassed by Tyrion.

Also, I have never read the books and don't plan to, but I'm sure that I'm missing out on things from it.
I'm excited to see how this season pans out!
Oh god! How could I forget Jon! He's one of my favourite characters.

I look forward to any treachery this season.

I've never read the books either, so I feel I'm missing out on a lot.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Robb and Catelyn are gonna get killed by the Freys, Catelyn is brought back to life though.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Robb and Catelyn are gonna get killed by the Freys, Catelyn is brought back to life though.
Steve, read your spoiler in Recent Activities :p

I need for Daenerys' dragons to grow bigger and faster.​

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why the actress for Daenerys is so boring though.
I think what makes her interesting are her dragons mainly.

I want to watch it sooo bad... but my parents won't let me and I don't have HBO :(
I agree wholeheartedly with your parents and in no way would I want you to look up Game of Thrones streaming links on the internet.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
This revelation...​
The Mad King was obsessed with [wildfire]. He loved to watch people burn, the way their skin blackened and blistered and melted off their bones. He burned lords he didn’t like. He burned Hands who disobeyed him. He burned anyone who was against him. Before long, half the country was against him. Aerys saw traitors everywhere. So he had his pyromancer place caches of wildfire all over the city… beneath the Sept of Baelor and the slums of Flea Bottom. Under houses, stables, taverns. Even beneath the Red Keep itself. Finally, the day of reckoning came. Robert Baratheon marched on the capital after his victory at the Trident. But my father arrived first with the whole Lannister army at his back, promising to defend the city against the rebels. I knew my father better than that. He’s never been one to pick the losing side. I told the Mad King as much. I urged him to surrender peacefully. But the king didn’t listen to me. He didn’t listen to Varys who tried to warn him. But he did listen to Grand Maester Pycelle, that grey, sunken cunt. “You can trust the Lannisters,” he said. “The Lannisters have always been true friends of the crown.” So we opened the gates and my father sacked the city. Once again, I came to the king, begging him to surrender. He told me to bring him my father’s head. Then he turned to his pyromancer. “Burn them all,” he said. “Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds.” Tell me, if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men, women, and children burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then? First, I killed the pyromancer. And then when the king turned to flee, I drove my sword into his back. “Burn them all,” he kept saying. “Burn them all.” I don’t think he expected to die. He… he meant to… burn with the rest of us and rise again, reborn as a dragon to turn his enemies to ash. I slit his throat to make sure that didn’t happen.
---​
Also, for some reason, no matter how manipulative she can be, I did, in this moment feel sorry for Cersei.
Tywin Lannister: You will marry Ser Loras.
Sorry, I'm turning this in to my own personal Tumblr -_-"

Reactions: Brave

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
omg digitalmez ty for this thread.

Where to even begin?
(I've literally been sitting here for 5-10 minutes now trying to think.)

Starks
- Disappointed with what's become of Catelyn. She started off as such a strong character but every time she makes a decision herself, it leads to something horrible and I know it's just her motherly instinct to do these things but as an audience member, I cannot take much more! From her capture of Tyrion and his release to letting Jaime escape back to King's Landing. It put a screw in Robb's situation (though he sort of screwed himself... heh.) so I really don't blame his reaction towards her. Seeing her in S3E4 the way she was just made her look weak but the thing is, she's not! She was there for the bargaining with Walder Frey and when they went to discuss with the war with Renly. She played a big role in both those situations but now Robb no longer seeks her advice - which I think ignoring her advice from this last episode might come back to bite him in the butt but we shall see. I also accidentally read
that she dies trying to protect someone. I did not fully read the spoiler once I saw the word 'dies' because ohmygod. I've accidentally read so many spoilers and I cannot handle the Starks splitting up much like they have. ;-; I have no idea that situation there but her life the past few months have just been horrible. Loses her husband, then her son, thinks her other 2 are dead??? - not to mention betrayed by someone she treated like family - and has not seen Sansa or Arya since they left for King's Landing in S1. See how sad this is!?
- Sansa's character throws me off. I used to be so annoyed with her but she's growing on me now. (Though I know a lot of that anger towards her came from her rudeness towards Ned in his final days. Given, she did not know it would end like that and she even tried to prevent it by 'begging' "KING" Joffrey to change his mind - which I saw coming a mile away yet I was still mad. You can ask AvantGarde about that... he was witness to the rage... ty Avant. :c) But she really proves herself to not be as weak as we all thought right from S2. She is clearly learning the ways of the people in King's Landing which, from what Petyr told her, their best weapons are their lies. She has to learn to lie and she did troll Joffrey a few times which was always amusing. My main concern with her now is I think she is just being a huge pawn in people's game but she doesn't even realize it yet. As much as I love Margaery, it is clear she is up to something. I just can't tell what or who it's to benefit. I also am not sure of Petyr's intentions either here. I will never trust his character again so he can say what he wants to Sansa but right now I am hoping Varys and Ros are able to outsmart him. Point is, Sansa thinks she is making friends but I really just think it's for games. The GAME FOR THE THRONE. I think this comment was a good summary of Sansa Stark.
- Arya is such a baddie. She's always had that sort of ... intelligence and independence but really started coming out in S2. One of the episodes with her that always stuck out for me was S2E3 where she outsmarted the Lannister guards that were in search for Gendry. I think with the help from Gendry, she's become stronger. My concern is just... her frailty when it comes to fighting men... Loved the changed when she said the Hound could burn in hell though. It's a shame that she doesn't realize what he did for Sansa but that scene really was powerful from her. :) I also hope that they don't actually split up now...? And not just because they're cute when they're together but because they're stronger together.
[]
- Rickon. I enjoyed his 10 minutes of screen time.
- Am I the only one who wonders WWND if he was still alive!?

Lannisters

- My biggest confusion here is with Jaime. I've gone a really long time just despising his character for so many reasons but generally being a prick 24/7. However his relationship with Brienne is changing him and my mind about it. He's just done so many horrible thing in the show and even in the past (that you've heard about through the stories of characters) so disliking him came pretty easy.
Jaime Lannister said:
I seldom fling children from towers to improve their health. Yes, I meant for him to die.
But then he shows you his human side and I just can't help but feel for him as much as I don't want to and that scene digital pointed out above just ... AND losing his sword hand. I think that will change him drastically considering the value that is placed on his sword wielding ability. He was knighted at 15 for heaven's sake. :p What was really interesting to me here was his reaction towards Brienne. Since you couldn't notice it in the show, it is noted in the books that he did "react" to seeing her in the tub and the feeling troubled him since he's loves Cersi. He calls her a wench and even apologies for insulting! This is not the Jaime Lannister I know. It's pretty impressive what they did with a character who was not supposed shown this often.
[]
- I don't even know about Cersi anymore. All I know is I don't pity her really which is funny because when she first appeared in S1E1, I liked her character and was not expecting such a ... horrible person she turned out to be. :D There's just a long list of things she's done over 2.5 seasons that I cannot get past for me to feel pity. I actually laughed when she was told she was marrying Loras since it seemed her plan back fired on her (poor Loras being thrown around as much as Sansa - except Sansa isn't getting any!). Though I would have expected Tywin to have more confidence in her then he showed last episode. Now she's just been waiting and trying to help but there's not many places for her to do so considering how long it took her father to listen to her. All I know she is no longer calling the shots thankfully(???) and as much as I don't like her character, she still has a pretty face to look at.
- I hated Tywin for treating Tyrion like he did. Cersi and Joffrey were bloody useless during that battle with Stannis. To quote the Hound,​
Fuck the King's Guard. Fuck the City. Fuck the King.
And then Joffrey runs where Tyrion so bravely steps up to the plate and saves everyone. He did so well, I was confused on who I wanted to win that battle and yet, Tywin says he has no right to Casterly Rock even though he clearly deserves it. I think Tyrion counted as everyone's favorite Lannister for a long time? I just wish he got what he deserved. :(
- I am not even going to comment on Joffrey since there are some pretty unpleasant things I could say and we have rules on the forums.​
Ahh, I don't have time to finish commenting! :( Maybe later but don't worry digital, we can many talks about it. <3​
As for,​
I'm 15... Almost 16.... Not to mention I play Skyrim...
There's lots of sexual content, mostly in season one (sort of dies down afterwards, imo - but not completely!) There's just lots of boobs and butts that Tumblr people started calling it Games of Butts. Also occasional cursing and lots of violence. :D

Also really good song from the credits of Season 2 but also appears in Season 3!:

And finally,
[]
GEORGE R.R. MARTIN.​
YOU CRUEL BASTARD.​
Fangirl - out!​

nitasu987

Reaction score
As for,

I'm 15... Almost 16.... Not to mention I play Skyrim...
There's lots of sexual content, mostly in season one (sort of dies down afterwards, imo - but not completely!) There's just lots of boobs and butts that Tumblr people started calling it Games of Butts. Also occasional cursing and lots of violence. :D
I know, but I do deal with a lot of that at school.

• Haha
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Relevant? I don't know. My friend actually showed this to me last week, and I thought it was pretty funny. :(
Also, warning if you don't like a lot of swearing.)

ANYWAYS.
I actually read the books for the first time last year, Game of Thrones all the way to a Dance with Dragons (#1-5), and really, the, A Song of Ice and Fire series is probably my favourite franchise in terms of fantasy, and honestly it's really hard to wait 6 years for the next book but >.<...

I want to know... Is the show pretty/any good?
I never actually heard of the show until I finish Dance with Dragons after the Christmas season.
I actually do have the first season, but because I don't own a blue-ray player I can't entirely watch it.
Plus, since I read the books first, I don't really want to be disappointed if things happen to be completely different between the Show and the Book series respectively.

(I don't want to talk much, as if you didn't read the books, I may have lots of spoilers but...)
Favourite Characters:
  • Tyrion - Tyrion actually is probably one of the more fully-fleshed out characters of the series in my opinion, and probably one of the most interesting. His stature in terms of both his height, interests, humour, etc, and how it comes in conflict with his family and the whole of Westeros really kind of--- Well, he's just super interesting, and his storylines tend to give out some of the best tension.
  • Jamie - I think Game of Thrones and its characters are fantastic for making characters you despised originally, into some of your more conflicted tastes. I really thought nothing of Jamie (Do people pronounce him like Jay-me? Because I always say Hi-me) originally, but after his capturing and how he tries to return to King's Landing really sort of makes him different, and, originally when you hated the majority of the Lannister household, you see to find them some of the more interesting of the bunch.
  • Ayra - I want to know what happens when she---
    Oh dear, I don't remember what book (as each season is essentially a book) she---Nevermind, spoilers possibly. She's interesting though, and I never expected her to end up... where she is in the 5th book.
You know I was really sad when--- well essentially EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER DIES, especially Nedd, poor Nedd ;-;.
But I can't really think of how the plot would've continued with them alive.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
12 Suffer Heart Failure After Season 3 Episode 9

Game of Thrones is an American epic fantasy television drama series created for HBO by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss. It is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, George R. R. Martin's series of fantasy novels, the first of which is titled A Game of Thrones.

Last Sunday, 02 June 2013, episode 9 of season 3 received the third highest amount of hits and now the highest amount of deaths.

12 fans were reported to have panic attacks either the moment George Martin walked into the family room and stabbed their own mother or when their dog didn't come back home.

Ayra Stark had this to say: