First game you remember playing

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Oh oh, I forgot compooper games!

I think the first I played was some Rugrats game where Tommy's Reptar was accidentally thrown out, and you need to get outside and get it back from the trash. I never beat it :c

Or was it Freddy Fish or Pajama Sam? Not quite sure...
Oh god, that just made me remeber Freddy FIsh. The Freddy games seemed infinite to me back then, and I could never solve them. Just loaded them up tody again, and had beat it within half an hour.

Another seemingly timeless part of childhood has been destroyed!

gettinthere

Reaction score
The PS2. Which was Ratchet and Clank. The first game I ever played.
Never got around to get the later versions after PSP. Makes my life sad.

PS2, SNES, N64, PS1, DSLite, Wii, and lastly PC

Pizzamoves

Reaction score
Mu girst game was an interactive tonka truck game for the computer. Hey, it was free roam, and awesome. Then I got into the myst series (there were many games in between there) and am pulling my hair out at riven.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Oh boy, this question took me down onto memory lane.

PC: My dad bought a brand new and shiny 286 (or was it already a 386?) with lovely MS-DOS, and I remember us playing the first Space Quest ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Quest:_The_Sarien_Encounter ) as well as of course, straight after: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_Monkey_Island and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loom_(video_game) and famously http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Last_Crusade:_The_Graphic_Adventure

Back then games came on lovely floppy disks and copy protection was actually a cardboard wheel which you had to turn in certain ways to get a code to enter the game, so people without the wheel couldnt enter the games.

I also had a SNES and ofc played Super Mario Bros, my first console experience (even if I had dabbled Zelda on a NES at a friends place, but was too young to understand it back then)

Every game released after those 4 mentioned above is pure shit, or just a bad ripoff (well, sort of, there are exceptions).

torty

Reaction score
Age of Empires and some Lego pizza delivering game and WWE games on the PS1 were the most played when I started playing games (other than going out as a child and having fun on swings :D), not 100% oldschool, but I'm no hardcore gamer :p

I can remember a Motorbiking game for that aswell, that was probably the first game ever played.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Back then games came on lovely floppy disks and copy protection was actually a cardboard wheel which you had to turn in certain ways to get a code to enter the game, so people without the wheel couldnt enter the games.
I actually still have the first two (now ancient) Prince of Persia games; I remember that every few stages, you would be dropped in this room with 26 potions labeled A-Z, and you'd have to refer to the manual to figure out which potion would, when drunk, open the door. The rest would just kill you or something.

Reactions: 1Koakuma1

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
You're all babbies.

I remember playing pong. To be fair, not the original one, but a console you hooked up to the tv, with big giant dials as controllers and a light gun. It had several games, amongst which a duck hunt type game (you shot a white cube) and pong.

Edit...

This is a pic I found.

The stock and barrel where removable, so you either had a pistol or you had a rifle. (Or a combination thereof)

Reactions: 1Koakuma1

hywel45

Reaction score
You're all babbies.

I remember playing pong. To be fair, not the original one, but a console you hooked up to the tv, with big giant dials as controllers and a light gun. It had several games, amongst which a duck hunt type game (you shot a white cube) and pong.
me thinks you are talking about nes

Summer10

Reaction score
You're all babbies.

I had a duck shooting game w/ guns you can actually hold and shoot at the screen, for the dreamcast I think....

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
me thinks you are talking about nes
with big giant dials as controllers <snip> a duck hunt type game (you shot a white cube)

So, no. I was not. I know what a nes is. I've owned one for most of my life. Not to mention the nes didn't have dials as controllers.

Maybe actually read and think about what I said next time, hmm?

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
I'm thinking it would've probably been The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, or Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Yep, I suppose I am a baby.

And by the way, I'm playing through Majora's Mask at the moment (never did beat that game). I've got my old N64 running right now.