Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
the fact that stranger has leaned towards believing you for having an identical experience based on the phrasing of the pm is literally the definition of pm mechanics to me
this is why PM mechanics are dumb tbh

In a closed set up the only confirmed mechanics we have at our disposal are our role pms, even if people aren't actively claiming it in the thread there will always be cognitive bias in there thought process because of this.

Reactions: Alisha

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If your role is so shit that you'd rather mafia nightkill you over someone else then why won't you claim?
well...

either a) im not useless im just not that great of a role, its not impossible the mafia decide to kill me vs shooting in the dark for a better role, so id rather keep it ambiguous so that i might have a better chance at living

or b) i want mafia to think im secretly more useful than im letting on and so im not claiming for that reason

or c) im lying and i am useful and those things i said before about wanting to die were lies to keep maf from killing me

take your pick!

inf’s posts vibe as having some kind of uncertainty speech compulsion tho
n-no way...!

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Inf is frightened right now, know they have no leg to stand on and is panicking so hes trying to point the finger at other people!

Didnt even include me in his list because he knows im town
God I really wanted to lynch inf but this is classic scum notty argumentum ad passiones ?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
well...

either a) im not useless im just not that great of a role, its not impossible the mafia decide to kill me vs shooting in the dark for a better role, so id rather keep it ambiguous so that i might have a better chance at living

or b) i want mafia to think im secretly more useful than im letting on and so im not claiming for that reason

or c) im lying and i am useful and those things i said before about wanting to die were lies to keep maf from killing me

take your pick!

n-no way...!
So you're claiming to have a night action then?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
this is why PM mechanics are dumb tbh

In a closed set up the only confirmed mechanics we have at our disposal are our role pms, even if people aren't actively claiming it in the thread there will always be cognitive bias in there thought process because of this.
i concur
i know some games have a template role pm in the signup thread that help counter it
n-no way...!
b-b-b-baka....

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
well...

take your pick!
Sure but if it's either of the former the benefits we get now by a) not lynching you, a townie
b) getting valuable reads and reactions from myself, notty, alisha etc
and c) another standard to compare other potential role claims to, to help us consider how realistic they are.

out way the negatives, meaning you're either lying or it's option C and if we don't kill you, mafia will.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sure but if it's either of the former the benefits we get now by a) not lynching you, a townie
b) getting valuable reads and reactions from myself, notty, alisha etc
and c) another standard to compare other potential role claims to, to help us consider how realistic they are.

out way the negatives, meaning you're either lying or it's option C and if we don't kill you, mafia will.
a) isnt a threat right now
b) realistically, no
c) you dont need that right now, or from me specifically right now

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Oh please Inf is shifting suspicion off of him, I'm not falling for it!
Yeah but you can do it in a way that isn't manipulative as fuck my dude.

There is solid inconsistencies in infs arguments and his actions just use them without being all dramatic to appeal to emotion

• Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah but you can do it in a way that isn't manipulative as fuck my dude.

There is solid inconsistencies in infs arguments and his actions just use them without being all dramatic to appeal to emotion
what are these solid inconsistencies because im pretty sure ive explained everything youve brought up against me

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
No I don't leave my house
Thank you for saving our elders

what are these solid inconsistencies because im pretty sure ive explained everything youve brought up against me
You not answering whether or not you have a night action. Instead of playing do you don't you, why don't you just answer the question instead of pretending you're both ful and less at the same time

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
>the random decision to answer their question

>the flip flopping of less or exact two posts apart despite claiming to have confirmed it by rereading a few posts prior

>the fact you went from wholeheartedly trusting alisha and notty then acting as if they had to be scum when they claimed to not know for sure about the average coins.

You have 'explained' these things but none of your answers have been the least bit convincing lmao. You acted erratic and contradicted yourself while backtracking and posting irrelevant I'm confused posts to try and excuse yourself.

You getting caught out and panicking seems like a far more realistic explanation than the ones you provided.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You not answering whether or not you have a night action. Instead of playing do you don't you, why don't you just answer the question instead of pretending you're both ful and less at the same time
theres no pro-town reason for me to give out info of my role day 0 unless im about to be lynched, which right now im not

i never said im both useful and useless i gave different possibilities because im trying to hide how useful i am

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
theres no pro-town reason for me to give out info of my role day 0 unless im about to be lynched, which right now im not

i never said im both useful and useless i gave different possibilities because im trying to hide how useful i am
you seemed to advocate for a d0 lynch since theres 11 people earlier and currently youre the literal only option so thats debatable!

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
You not answering whether or not you have a night action
>the random decision to answer their question

>the flip flopping of less or exact two posts apart despite claiming to have confirmed it by rereading a few posts prior

>the fact you went from wholeheartedly trusting alisha and notty then acting as if they had to be scum when they claimed to not know for sure about the average coins.

You have 'explained' these things but none of your answers have been the least bit convincing lmao. You acted erratic and contradicted yourself while backtracking and posting irrelevant I'm confused posts to try and excuse yourself.

You getting caught out and panicking seems like a far more realistic explanation than the ones you provided.
Also this. You've come so far with your flipflopping now you've gone back to being completely unhelpful after a solid case was bade against you. Seems a pretty weird shift in behaviour from the inf who was so keen to spill the beans earlier.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
You heard him

Well you can't be useful considering you spent half the day argueing you wanted Mafia to kill you so come out and tell us the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.