Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I wanted oracle CC's so I knew exactly who to target. Simple as that. But you actively worked to disable that plan, and considering the only way you could have known I was the orc and not a mafia PR would be if you yourself were mafia. A blue has no reason to hide anything, so you being anti-town seems to be the most likely scenario at this point
Hunter27a1 does the oracle reveal roles upon being lynched?

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Asdf
Unvote
Considering that I have named my defense.
I'm just a generic towny, a lynch of me will give you no information whatsoever, aside from the fact that you've killed the only generic role there is.
I'm wondering why jivvi is not claiming blue as well my digi is pushing rather hard for me to amount some defense, I've stated before, generic non-information holding town sided individual.
How can you be 100% sure you're the vanilla townie? If you truly were told you are. a vanilla townie, then you would probably have thought about the fact you might be a miller. Looking at this statement, that didn't cross your mind. Whereas if you would be a mafia member, you would be trying to claim a vanilla townie, and thinking more about how you could be lynching townies, could you?

Vote Lee_Scar

Do you want to explain/revise your statement?

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
also it seems like lee-scar is under the impression that millers are lynch targets, so is adamant that he's the true blue true blue, as a desperate throw to avoid suspicion
How can you be 100% sure you're the vanilla townie? If you truly were told you are. a vanilla townie, then you would probably have thought about the fact you might be a miller. Looking at this statement, that didn't cross your mind. Whereas if you would be a mafia member, you would be trying to claim a vanilla townie, and thinking more about how you could be lynching townies, could you?
Fiesta I revised my statement after the host explained the mechanic involved with millers in this game. As I've experienced others.

I could at this point be either miller or the one true blue. Either way I'm blue, you may wish us to believe you are as well, however I get the feeling your not, it distinctly gives the feeling of mafia indirect tactics.

I'm not under the impression millers are lynch targets, I'm only wishing to get to the direct point that regardless miller or regular towny that I am in fact town sided.

Should my death flip miller I advice you to pay certain scrutiny, as my claim is causing a bit'o'wagon.
With that the mafia can easily pin my death~should I flip miller~ 'oh lawd I guess he was mafia, lets find that last one'

My current fos is right now is split between jivvi and caff. Not compellingly because of the votes, but simply because of the nature of what the orc does for us.

A mafia claiming orc could easily slip around and never be killed by lynch or by night and the mafia just hope to god not to hit the real orc at night. Its a risky move but one that could prolong their life, a viable strategy for the lawyer as the mafia can still get a kill should the false orc be nightkilled. As well with the cop gone lawyer is useless, more of a tool to be used to progress the victory towards mafia.

c) why would i claim blue if i wasn't

also since virtually nobody has any powers they might need to hide you seem awfully against claiming, especially if it will be as useless as you say
also, guys, obviously calling a massclaim this early is kind of shifty, but with the oracle being our only other source of information without killing the person first, it's kind of our only option
I just realised I claimed pr before anyway so I may as well clarify that I'm the oracle (mafia would have been able to deduce since they know who the other is)
Reasoning for me to believe further he is mafia as said by himself he had formerly claimed pr somehow, setting up a bait with ambiguous words. This luring out the real orc and the mafia doing everything in their power to avoid this orc or a sacrifice of the lawyer to never hit the real orc at night.

With caff it seems like could be jivvis partner, a good return push on ones claim to further lure out the real orc. I'm not sure how obvious the bait was to others with jivvis ambiguous claim.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
does the oracle reveal roles upon being lynched?
yes, it reveals the role of the selected player upon death of the oracle
lynching kills the player being lynched so yes

are we allowed to use role names to confirm roles?
Sure? I don't see how that would be useful to anyone as the "role names" are cop, lawyer, mafia, oracle, miller, and villager, which is often referred to as "blue". Just don't quote the role pm.

Villagers and Millers both receive the role of Villager and do not know which they are.

Last edited:

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Would lynching the oracle give us the results of his "investigation"? (Wasn't sure what word to use)

It says in case of his death, and lynching the oracle would result in their death.

I mean this is a very hypothetical a idea, I myself don't really agree with it. But now that the mafia knows who the oracle is, I highly doubt Jivvi is the first on their list, as this would give us an investigation.

So, since we already lost the cop, if we lynch Jivvi, that's an investigation that we didn't have earlier, and with 3 millers we need some help.

Also if anyone agrees with this, I suggest lynching him tomorrow, as this would give him the opportunity for him to repick if he wants to.

Sorry Jivvi, but your role helps the town if you die.
no i'm open to this, fruit
if you missed it, my original plan ended with me death xD

usually, however, lynching the orc is considered to be a really risky move since there's not a chance of them being mafia; i do agree though, we have no cop, so not many other options

i chose caff last night btw, funnily enough
So Jivvi, since you're open to the idea, do you want to repick who you want to oracleise, or are you fine with Caff?
sure

i want to see what caff thinks maybe heh

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
  • Jivvi is the Oracle, unless anyone wants to CC
  • We can get an investigation if the Oracle dies
  • Jivvi chose caff last night.
  • He said he didn't need to repick.
  • He wanted to wait to see what Caff said
  • I went to sleep
  • Wake up, Caff seems to have ignored it.
So, then I vote for Jivvi.
It was not out of the blue at all if you had read what me and Jivvi were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.