Do You Watch Let's Players?

Why do you watch the LPers you watch?

• Total voters

eviltomb

Reaction score
I watch let's plays. I like halloween4545, necroscope86, and kikoskia the best. I also watch the big names like hcbaily and chuggaaconroy and NCS. some more of my faves are northerlion and gaiacrusher9. I have more but those are more hit and miss. my brother and I want to start let's playing but We don't know how to start. I think i'm too boring. not to mention the technical difficulty

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
My favorite Let's player is definitely FrozenFoxy he has over 2500 videos of games ranging from Dead Island, Deadrising 2, Deadspace, some Minecraft, Borderlands, Alpha protocol, Metro 2033, Deus Ex the list goes on and on. He has is fun to listen to and can also be informative about secrets and such in his games. He also every year participates in a Livestream fro charity in Extra Life and this year he did a 24 hour livestream. Sadly not many people know about him. He raised 770$ this year all towards the charity and held a raffle for whoever donated over a dollar. I encourage you guys to watch even subscribe he is amazing

RageGamingVideos- this guy is amazing lets player. He is mainly into Minecraft building so he usually cheats with getting resources and now just does creative building videos. He is funny and I enjoy watching his videos especially when He plays with his friend Hollow since they get very competitive.

Reactions: Duffie

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
New favourite:

Videogamedunkey - Extremely funny and does videos mostly about League of Legends but there is a lot of other games in between like: Super Mario 64, Halo 3, etc.

W

Wimali

I see no one's mentioned Xisumavoid yet. I used to watch a ton of youtubers, but only really been watching his videos for the past year and a half or so (pretty sure I've seen all of them). Editzp (zekkyou) is still my favorite youtubers, but I don't have high hopes for him making videos again in a good while.

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Well, let me build on my previous post. Added notes are in bold.

"My list is abit smaller, but I guess I'll elaborate abit more about why I follow them. This isn't exactly a LPer list, moreso a list of channels which deliver video game content.

TotalBiscuit- Yeah, I'm a sucker for the Cynical Brit. Though he's not a "LPer", he knows what the bloody hell he's talking about with his first impressions videos(most of the time). He gets a bad reputation for being overly critical, but if he sat there and praised every crappy video game he sees, I wouldn't care to follow him as regularly.
*I've been enjoying in content with Hearthstone, especially his "Lord of the Arena" series. His "WTF is" series is always good for an informative opinion of the first impressions of a game.

Jesse Cox (OMFGcata) - Yeah, TB's American Sidekick is probably my most followed youtuber. He doesn't take things too seriously(which I like) and I've enjoyed quite a few of playthroughs of his like Saints Row, Deus Ex, Terraria, Skyrim(though I've fallen off that for the time being). His Amnesia playthrough was great fun x)

-On a related note, I enjoy watching the TGS podcasts with TotalBiscuit, Jesse, and Dodger. Wish college left me with more time to watch them again X/
*Have not been too thrilled with some of the content, while Saints Row series with Crendor is good, I just became too tired of them and have not kept up with them. I'm not a big fan of watching consistent slash fests, so Ryse has not been watched by me either.
RoosterTeeth- Yeah, I'm a sucker for a Texas-based gaming youtube channel :p I'm enjoying their XBOX Minecraft LP, because they have no idea what they're doing.

*RoosterTeeth a while ago started up their own separate gaming channel called the "LetsPlay" channel. It is a really good channel if your something looking for something less serious. They have a nice cast of characters that appeal to a variety of audiences and they release a video every weekday. Mondays: GTA V, typically with a silly made-up objective they set for themselves. Tuesdays: Let's Build, building in Minecraft(XBox) of their Friday Let's plays, which typically involve about two or three of the group constructing some sort of arena or building for their game. Also on Tuesdays, they have their "Go!" series, where their boss, Geoff, will give the other 4 guys an objective to complete in ANY video game, and the first one receives a point toward getting a pizza party. The most recent objective was "Get an XBox achievement without using a standard XBox controller." It became a mad scramble for guitar hero guitars. Wednesdays: More group Let's plays, but not restricted to GTA V, past games have included Starwhal, Worms, and most recently Angry Birds Star Wars. Thursdays: Their "VS" series, which is a contest which involves duels between all of the guys. To explain, one person has a belt and is the "champion" of the group. According to their spot in the room, that champion is challenged by the person on their right to complete ANY challenge of the challengers choosing. These can be PC games, XBox games, and at one time the "Claw game" that is the popular toy retrieving game device in arcades. Fridays: Minecraft Let's Plays, and this is the staple for their channel. These typically involve made up games withing mindcraft, like PVP battles or "I Spy"-esque challenges.

I'm also just starting to get into some of the Mindcrack channels, namely VintageBeef's and Guude's.

While continuing to watch them, I've expanded into some of the others such as Sethbling, PauseUnpause, and the occasional Bruce Willikers Dwarves Vs Zombies Video.

And concerning the Yogscast, I'm rather off and on about them. I just have to be in the mood, and when I am, I tend to run through a whole series of their videos. I'm quite liking Hannah's playthrough of The Walking Deadthough."

Besides these, not much else has changed. Markiplier is a fun occassional watch. I think it may be because I want to steal his voice.

TheEagle7828

Reaction score
Yogscast: I do it for the lolz, and the HOW COULD YOU HAVE MISSED THAT?!!
Paulsoaresjr: He is informative and can be funny with his RPing
Vechs: He used to do good LPs of his maps.
Monkeyfarm: All my redstone needs. His building is awesome too!
Direwolf20: FTB
Levitatinggamers: His space engineers builds are amaising, makes me wish my pc could handle the game.
Tobuscus: gabuscus, I speak Canadian! Needless to say, funny.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
YOGSCAST ALL THE WAY
Dwarf: The dumb funny guy (Simon)
Scientist: The Guy who does everything productive and sometimes fucks things up (Duncan)
CEO: The spoiled rich guy selling dirt making mis-use of his employees (Sips)
Underpayed tortured employee: Does everything someone else says (Sjin)
Spaceman: Has to endure all the shit of the above said people (Lewis)

Epic comedy burst ;D

Minecraft is their best series
GO CIV 5 WOOO

Lucasandstuff

Reaction score
I do watch quite a few, I used to watch more way back.

I am a fan of The Runaway Guys (Chuggaconroy, NCS, and ProtonJon) but its getting harder to keep up with their new stuff D: I also watch Yogcast from time to time. For league I usually watch Sp4zie and I watch Game Grumps as well (although I liked the ones with Jon better).

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
From the top of my head, here's who I watch/still watch;

Bold shows who I normally watch
*Asterisk shows I watch their livestreams~

404STAR (Star / Niichts)
CHKilroy
Chuggaaconroy
Cryaotic*
DamnNoHtml* (Scott)
Deceased Crab
Direwolf20
FrankieonPCin1080p
Frankomatic
GamersDissent
GrimithR
HERO
Josh Jepson
HCBailly
Kikoskia
Mecha the Slag (Game dev, fits well enough, I say. :p)
OfficialNerdCubed
OfficialDadCubed
PaperBatVG
paulsoaresjr
PewDiePie
ProtonJonSA*
RussMoney*
sethbling
The Game Theorists (Does this count..? :p)
TheCampingTree (Sp00n)
TheJWittz
TheRPGMinx (MangaMinx)
TheRunawayGuys
Total Biscuit
WholeMilkLP
YOGSCAST Duncan
YOGSCAST Sips
YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon
YOGSCAST Martyn
YOGSCAST Ridgedog
YOGSCAST Rythian
YOGSCAST Sjin
YOGSCAST Zoey
Zero Punctuation
ZetaPlays

Superchops

Reaction score
I watch Retsupurae. That... counts, doesn't it?
Seriously though, I love them. Not so much their new videos, but their old stuff is lovely.

I secretly believe that the Game Grumps are the best LPers to ever hit the internet, but that's between you and me. Ssssh. And of course I'm a Jon man.

Vinesauce has some hilarious videos, although that's mostly due to the games/corruptions he plays, not his commentary itself. Still worth a watch and a sub.

Pewdiepie and Tobuscus make me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Blegh. Sorry. Will never be a fan. I have no ill will for the Yogscast, though, but I'm not subscribed or anything.

Reactions: Pikmon2