Do You Watch Let's Players?

Why do you watch the LPers you watch?

• Total voters

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I just wanted to know two main things, really.

Do you watch LPers? Doesn't need to be on YouTube, but that's where most people reside from.

Why do you watch the LPers you watch? Do you like the games they play? Do you watch for the information they give about the games they play? Do you like the commentator? Do you find the things they do and/or say hilarious? Maybe you just don't watch LPers and you just clicked on this thread for no reason?

It'd be nice to know what people in this community enjoys watching, especially Let's Play wise, for those who make LPs!

[The Gameplay / The Information] - You enjoy the games the LPer plays, or you enjoy the information they give about them game.
For example; A random person playing a game you enjoy, or Minecraft Snapshot including info about the game

[The LPer / The Commentary] - You enjoy listening to the LPer. You like the way s/he sounds, and you don't particularly care what games s/he plays.
For example; Most anyone that is an LPer. Maybe you enjoy listening to Cry (ChaoticMonki)

[The Comedy] - You enjoy the laughs you have from watching the LPers play games. You come back for more hilarity everyday.
For example; Possibly TheRunawayGuys, or PewDiePie. You enjoy the things they do, which make you laugh out loud.

[I don't watch LPs] - You don't particularly watch people play games.

[Other] - You like the LPers you watch because of the things not listed above. Please post what you mean down below.

Amorix

Reaction score
I love let's plays! :D
I can't really pin point a single favorite, so I'll just list the ones I particularly enjoy.
Chuggaaconroy
Protonjon
Deceasedcrab
PewDiePie
Tobuscus
Cavemanfilms
Kurtjmac
BdoubleO (Ignoring his Crap of Duty videos.)
EthosLab
SuperMCGamer

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
I love let's plays! :D
I can't really pin point a single favorite, so I'll just list the ones I particularly enjoy.{~}Chuggaaconroy
{~}Protonjon
{~}Deceasedcrab
{~}PewDiePie
{~}Tobuscus
{~}Cavemanfilms
Kurtjmac
BdoubleO (Ignoring his Crap of Duty videos.)
{~}EthosLab
SuperMCGamer
Pin pointed the ones I know about. :D

I also know of some other LPers that I think are awesome;
NintendoCapriSun
{~}ChaoticMonki (Cry)
ZetaPlays
{~}BlueXephos
{~}Yogscastlalna
{~}YogscastSjin
Shibby2142
{~}OfficialNerdCubed
{~}Niichts
{~}GamersDissent
{~}zXNoRegretzzXz (Kevin from How to Annoy People)
GhostRobo
{~}Scottishduck17
CaptainSparklez
{~}TheRunawayGuys (Chuggaaconroy, ProtonJonSA, and NintendoCapriSun. All on one channel.)
SkyDoesMinecraft
{~}TotalHalibut (He counts to me. :p)
{~}direwolf20
xXSlyFoxHoundXx
{~}GrimithR
{~}paulsoaresjr
{~}HCBailly
{~}Frankomatic (Retro gamer)
{~}Kikoskia
VoxelBoxVideos
... And so much more!

{~} = Ones I currently watch the most of.

... Yeah. I have a long list of people I like to watch. And not just for gaming... Just mostly. :3

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
As long as I'm not bashing my face into the keyboard while I watch how stupid and clueless they are and they are funny enough to make me laugh once in a while, they're fine with me.
(by clueless I mean Simon and Lewis from Yogscast)
I don't usually go so far as to bash my face into the keyboard (because I like my current keyboard), I have a ton of LPers that I tend to want to yell at the screen at for missing something obvious.
( ( AriochIsVengence ) NerdCubed missing the word "FIGHTS" on the game Bully )

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I watch a few LPers, not many though.

pewdiepie
CaptainSparklez
tobuscus
Chuggaconroy (whom back in the day when he was doing professional pokemon battles i beat him with my hitmonchan if anyone remembers it hahaha)

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Yep, back then i was tuba1028..... then became TubaSkull2009, and now I'm tubariver.

My hitmonchan and my leafeon (which murdered his garchomp) were my favorites at the time and really pulled me through. :D
You are now considered to be an even more awesome person to me now.

On-topic (Sort of);
Currently watching NerdCubed play FTL. I think I'm going to go and buy the full version when it comes out this coming 14th. :eek:

Sploorky

Reaction score
Duffie said:
NintendoCapriSun
ZxNoRegretzzXz
TheRunawayGuys
HCBailly
You're amazing.

I used to be really into let's plays, but I kind of lost interest in them as time went one. I still stay subscribed to my favorites, though. Speaking of favorites:
Chuggaaconroy- Don't really watch/like his current videos, but he was the first Let's Players I watched. One of my favorite Let's Plays is his playthrough of Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker(first Let's Play I saw).
HCBailly- A really good commentator, I love his Final Fantasy Tactics LP.
NakaTeleeli- A more informational type of Let's Player, but he has his very funny moments.
pokecapn- Maker of the infamous Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 Let's Play, I also really like his Mario Party LP.
ProtonJonSA- Come on, it's ProtonJon. Do I need to explain?
UberHaxorNova- I wouldn't really say his videos are "Let's Plays", but they are still pretty enjoyable.

I don't like the yogscast or Tobuscus. Yogscast never really stood out to me, and Tobuscus kind of annoys me.

• Winner
Reactions: Duffie

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Quite surprised that no one has mentioned AntVenom yet, though I've seen more mod guides from him nowadays then any of his LP series. Even so, he still has some great videos, and he's the one who inspired me to be interested in minecraft as a whole, especially in his golden apple hunt series in the beta days :3.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Quite surprised that no one has mentioned AntVenom yet, though I've seen more mod guides from him nowadays then any of his LP series. Even so, he still has some great videos, and he's the one who inspired me to be interested in minecraft as a whole, especially in his golden apple hunt series in the beta days :3.
I was going to... But my list is quite large already. xD

Oh, and the person who inspired me to get MineCraft was TraskNari. He uploaded a video during Indev (Or Infdev. Can't really remember.), sending Notch some bug reports. Sheep and stuff were spazzing over the edge of a block, probably near the ends of the world.

Anyway, that lured me into getting (pirating) Minecraft. Awesomeness.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
More detailed list
BlueXephos (Lewis and Simon)
CaptainSparklez
AntVenom
All the yogscast (So Hannah, Duncan, sips, sjin, martyn, Toby, Nilsey ect.) I'm a big fan of yogscast xD
PauseUnpause
Ethos lab
paulsoaresjr
Seananners

EDIT
Quite surprised that no one has mentioned AntVenom yet,
didn't see this post and i said AntVenom :D

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Chuggaaconroy: I liked him a lot before, but not as much now. Some jokes of his make me cringe, but other than that, I still like him.
BananaPieLord: He overreacts so much that he makes it funny t' watch. He's probably rated TV-14 though, so don't go watch him if you have innocence.
ProtonJonSA: No explanation needed.
MindCrack: Everyone (Find the links to their YT pages on the right side here: www.reddit.com/r/mindcrack ) on this place are amazing. From the big names like BDoubleO, Kurt, and Doc to the smaller channels like Shree, Pakratt, and Jsano, I find them all entertaining. :D
TobyGames: Does this really need an explanation?
Pewdiepie: See TobyGames
ZeoLightning: He is so underrated that it's not even funny. Got into him when I was searching for video footage of Blinx, and got hooked immediately.
thedubber3000: Manages to make a Let's Play series of Microsoft Windows applications like PowerPoint and Paint interesting. Wat.
ThisIsOchoa: He's doin' a metronome run of HG. 'Nuff said.
Donkeypuncher1976: Used t' not like him postin' too much of his videos on the forums, but now that he's calmed down, I like him quite a bit.

There's my list. Go look up the ones you haven't seen and do me that favor, please? c:

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
CaptainSparklez
GameChap
PaulSoaresJr
BlueXephos
And donkeypuncher76
I like AntVenom too, but I actually only found most of my list after watching the Survival Games.

Have to say though, CaptainSparklez cannot be rivaled in my opinion, at least. His voice...imma steal it.
If you like CaptainSparklez' voice, you should listen to ChaoticMonki.

... He's awesome.

Oh, also;
donkeypuncher76

You're awesome, so you're being highlighted here.

Reaction score
The only ones I watch anymore are the Creatures, Kurtjmac, sometimes Nerd^3.

..and I don't know if this count but
Retsupurea
They basically commentate over horrible Let's Plays,the channel is made by the people who basically pioneered LPing. I find them more funny than a lot of the popular LPers.
Oh yeah,also billymc.
Edit: Some others I forgot to list Niichts (Even if his videos are commentaries, other than full game LPs),mikelat, and jefmajor. .-.

Reactions: Superchops

HeroOfTime125

Reaction score
Chuggaaconroy forever! <3

Besides that I watch:

AdamzoneTopMarks- Started watching with OOT3D LP, and have watched since.
AntVenom- Saw his Quest for the Golden Apple, and continued watching since the Survival Games.
BlueXephos- Derp.
CaptainSparklez- Who doesn't like sparkles? :p
ChimneySwift11- I remember seeing him in a Creature's video, and took a liking.
chuggaaconroy- The first LP I saw was Wind Waker, and hey. It's chuggaaconroy. <3
darkmindedsith- His "subtle" humor. XD
inthelittlewood- Saw "Form this Way" and began watching him.
JoshJepson- Don't remember exactly, but it was before the RunawayGuys.
ldshadowlady- Saw her in Zack Scott's videos. :3
minecraftwb- I believe it was the Survival Games...
NintendoCapriSun- In the bathroom. :3
Odinspack33- He was my second LPer. I like his LoZ: OoS LP.
PewDiePie- But dad... I DON'T CARE!
PokemonJourneyHD- I actually got an email from when he was really small. I hope he's okay after that car accident...
ProtonJonSA- >:3
PurpleRodri- Don't remember... Really enjoyable, though. :)
RedPandaGamer- Saw his Minecraft Pokemon vids.
RunawayGuys- <3 <3 <3
sethbling- Very intellectual and compelling.
SlimKirby- He may be small, but I have always enjoyed his vids.
SSoHPKC- Saw him vith Nova. His dry humor and sarcasticness is amusing.
SullyPwnz- He had a different account originally.
superskarmory- Don't remember, but I believe I watched his Super Mario 64 DS vids...
TobyGames- TOBUSCUS!!! <3
UberHaxorNova- Elemental Creepers vid got me started. :3
xXSlyFoxHoundXx- Found him in Nova's vid. Been amused since. :3
ZackScottGames- I remember once he started his gaming channel. It is hard to keep up. He has like over 500 Minecraft vids...
ZeldaMaster2010- I got an email about him. And you know me. I love Zelda! :D

...and that's about it. Sorry it was so long... >.>

And yes, I watch PewDie, Toby, and Nova. Deal with it. <3