Catch you on the flipside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score

Listen to the song because it is great.​
Four years ago, it was nearly July 2009 - I found myself at a server known as "TheOnes Lava Survival". Minecraft was basically brand new. Not only was Minecraft intriguing, this gamemode known as Lava Survival was wonderful. It was addicting and different from the usual building servers. I played on this Lava Survival server for months. I decided to keep playing at TheOnes for its uniqueness.
A couple of months passed in TheOnes and right before my eyes, more eyes were joining the lineup along with Lava Survival. TNT, Zombies, and even the Classic Build server joined up with TheOnes. Each different and awesome in its own way. I spent an uncountable amount of time on the servers. Thousands and thousands of hours. Zombies in particular, was very significant and meaningful for me. I loved the notion of survival, I loved the simplicity, I loved the gameplay, but mainly - what I loved most in TheOnes and Blocktopia was the friendliness among all the servers.
We all know I am pretty bipolar, but ultimately I love this place. The people are friendly, caring, and genuine. I have met many great faces all around the world here of all different living styles. Today, we have a magnificent forum, 6 unique servers, and a IRC/TS server. All you need for a great community experience.
Over the years, I've seen people come and go - but I've always stuck around. I saw the community form from 20 people to multiple thousands. And as the years went by, the servers weren't really my cup of tea anymore. So much has changed for me and it wasn't how it was back in the day. Not only that, but school is overwhelming and stressful as all hell.
Today, I am here to humbly announce my leave/farewell to Blocktopia. It has been a great ride. However, there is no way I can complete disappear, I will still make checkups on IRC/TS every so often. My forums postings and server activity will completely diminish though. I am easily contactable through TS/IRC/Steam if you would like to talk to me! Also, I will try to keep doing the Meetings on Fridays (if this becomes an issue, I will appoint someone new to uphold the position of Meeting Recapper.)
Even though I'm not going to be completely off the grid, I'd like to thank you all for the wonderful experience you've all provided me. Since I will probably never do another one of these threads I want to do some shoutouts for the people who have meant a lot to me over the years.
MIKE SHOUT OUTS!
AvantGarde: Man you were always there for me. You and I spent hours on hours on Zombies and had the best talks. You were like a friend in real life to me, thanks man.
Jowe: You inspired me the most, you changed the way I look at some things in life. You were easily one of the most friendly, caring individuals I have ever met.
san00b: You were undoubtedly the best staff member at TheOnes/Blocktopia. You were logical, rational, and genuine in the way you handled anything. Business aside, you were phenomenal to talk no matter what it was. Hope we have more talks in the future!
SparklyMuffinz: You were my go-to person, I told you near everything I knew. I always asked you what I should do in certain situations, you are a close pal, if you don't know.
Marnixxie: At the beginning I was uneasy about you, but as time went on I grew to really enjoy you. We had great talks whether it was about women, alcohol, school, or life. Cheers you hippo.
Megatron: You probably wont read this, but you are one funny bastard and I loved you as a Head Controller.
theodorre: You were so naive and innocent and I loved it. You liked everyone and everyone liked you. Keep your friendliness up, it's important.
ethical1337: You were apart of our little TS/Zombie group, I saw you grow from player to HC and it was great. You were always around just as Avant was.
JohnOgozalek: You were a close pal, we always talked just you and I on TS. We agreed on most things, hope to have another talk sometime.
Malcovent: You are a friend of mine mate, even if you don't like me. <3 Sorry for being a dick sometimes.
Enceladus: I think everyone thought I had a crush on you. I just found you hilarious. I remember the time you told us how you made your mom buy the half gallon of milk because it was too heavy for you to pour the full one. Hope I see you around again.
Damer: Old man, you were around before even Avant and ethical. We were off and on, but we eventually got along in the end.
Zippywins: Your insanely great.
Mach: I love you.
Jammy: Haha, we always kind of had the same mindset on everything. We are both kind of trollish assholes who use logic, we even fought with eachother sometimes but in the end, we were all good.
zezmi: My main IRC pal, we had a lot of talks, you're a great guy, good luck on Blocktopia cos you'll go far.
Davidjl123: Me and you did a lot of little Blocktopia projects together. Mapping the history of this place, it was great fun. We talked and discovered a lot, you were a good friend. ok.
Sploorky: For being chill and reassuring. Really grew into the Admin position.
UltimateBudgie: You were one of my closest friends near the end, we did a big project, and in the end it was a lot of fun. You better not disappear... again...
The (OLD) zombie staff: You were all amazing, you all know who you are.
Iguana: Because you've managed to outstay everyone.
If you're not up here, trust me - you've impacted me somehow. Thank you all for the great experience.​
And as the ZombieBot once said, catch you on the flipside.

French_Fries

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Aww Mikey what can I say?
When I first meet you I'm gonna be honest I thought you were Egg but then I really got to know you, your kind, friendly hell your even Mature but the moments I'll never forget are times like when you pranked me on TS those times we had were precious you are a great guy to talk to you will always listen even if I am complaining or bugging the crap out of you like this morning on TS.
You always had something to say out of something negative or a awkward situation even if it was making fun of my accent.
I wish you the best your a great friend, make sure to visit or I will find YOU.
Your pal
-Blake

F

Fjm12

Mikey, it's been nice getting to know you. You were epic at CZS and you were that one pig I always wanted to kill, but never could :p. You were the first person I ever became friends with on Blocktopia and I'll always remember how kind you were. You can be a little on the rough side sometimes, but you've been an awesome friend nonetheless and I'm very sad to see you go. Catch you on the flipside, bud.

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
Mikey..

..this isn't goodbye man, you can count on that - IRC or TS or whatever, we'll talk much more, no worries there. But if not, for some crazy reason or another, I'll track you down and I'll buy you a beer. We can talk about the good 'ole days.

This community won't be the same without you. Take care, man.

• Agree
Reactions: French_Fries

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Mikey... What can I say. Our moments we had on zombies were amazing. I'll always remember Dream Team and our awesome plans to survive.

You really became such a great friend to me. I do hope we still keep in touch.
And you know what I'm going to say... I LOVE YOU. Take my heart. <3

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
I simply am shocked...

To be honest, I had to read this a few times to make sure it actually was you. I can't believe you're actually leaving. Those times over the past year or so that you've talked about it, I've never thought it would come to fruition. From the moments you came back from your break to find me as a Trusted, to when Zombie Survival shut down, you've ALWAYS been there, my goodness, you were a fantastic support & I thank you so much for putting me under your wing. You taught me so much, about everything, (and made me lose a hell of a lot of my innocence, why thank you <3) and I want you to know I appreciated it so much. Talking to you personally, you were great, your conversations were never boring and I loved 'em. (Especially when you started going on one of your "trips down memory lane", they were super interesting too). You helped me overcome my internet timidness/shyness/reservedness (whatever you want to call it) with your blunt, straightforward to-the-point comments. You were a fantastic friend, pal, bro, mate, and ended up being one of the few people I could confide with. You're so down-to-earth and your sarcasm/general humour is hilarious. I really do hope I can keep talking with you, which probably means I'll end up on TS more.

Thanks for sticking with Blocktopia this long - otherwise, chances are I would never have been able to get to know you. ;)

EDIT: Um...it automatically changed " @#!*% " to " @#!*% ". I was trying to say H E L L. I had no idea my laptop automatically censored stuff I wrote onto the forums for EVERYONE.

aperson155

The ape
Reaction score
IM NEVER ON THESE FCKING SHOUTOUTS. On a serious note though, it was fun staffing the zombie server with you mike. From spamming caps to spamming slaps and spamming spams, we had a great run over the years. Even though I'm not completely sure if I made a lasting impression on you, you sure have made a big one on me.

These spoilers contain the last minutes of the zombie server that I kept in my folders, along with a personal story.

(I hope you read this LOL)

Through the years, we had lots of interactions, both good and bad (derp).

I remember when I wrongly accused you of lag pillaring on the map grandprix a while back.

Sorry about that, I was a dumbass back then.

Other than that specific incident, our time staffing together was filled with derp and herp, along with some times of somewhat tranquil recollections.

Before the announcement was made of the server shutdown, we would talk about it with a somewhat offhanded tone, while other times with a mild seriousness.

We talked about the golden time of mid-2011, when the server was bustling with players and activity. It seems so far ago...

Well, I'm basically rambling at this point so I'm going to wrap this up.

It's been roughly 3 years since I've known you mike, and despite all of the things that happened, I don't feel like I wasted any of that time.

No matter where you are, or how much you change,

You will always be...

The last survivor of zombie survival.

It was one hell of a run.

-aperson155

L

Later_Gator

But Mik--
- Later_Gator Kicked: You are not a wizard!.

Anywaaay, I know we've had moments when we didn't get along well (which I apologize for), but I feel like we got along okay for the most part. Also, I honestly don't know why you changed over to 'M_B_H'. I liked 'MIKE_BRAVE_HEART', as long and as in-your-face as it was. :p

Whether or not you like it, I'll remember you as MIKE_BRAVE_HEART. It was a pleasure to have played with you back then. Good luck in life and take care. :)

Oh, and...

The (OLD) zombie staff: You were all amazing, you all know who you are.

Not sure if our bad moments have affected this, but if I'm included, then thanks. I appreciate it. "Catch you on the flipside!"

oliver56bird

Reaction score
Mike, I never really knew you, and I doubt you know me, but I have always viewed you as the one who would say what needed to be said. You leaving is a huge loss to the community. Good luck in life.

Faliara

Reaction score
I didn't know you as long as the others did... But when I met you, it was one of those big milestones where it had an impact on my life. Now... I don't really know how will my life go without you around. But we'll see. No one really leaves; they're either in our hearts or come back from the dead like how I keep seeing so many others doing the same.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
wtf youre addicted n shit what is this
you cant just get rid of us

every day
we will be in your mind
telling you to come back

on a side note, thanks for being bloody awesome
we love you, bro

Edgar Harford

Reaction score
eh...
Well... I saw this coming and hoped it wouldn't come any sooner...
Anyway, I had great times with you on the zombie survival, I probably saw you (or remembered you) the most while I was online.
So...
To end this, I'd like to remind you that you're the last active member to have witnessed my ban and it would be nice if you didn't talk of it ever again... My secret is safe with you... If you do tell anyone of it... You can go "suck my deck... I love pawn"

Thank me later...

• Haha
Reactions: Haysagar
Status
Not open for further replies.